Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bushi no Tamashi

Samurshy

Saigo merely nodded. "Of course, I'd hate to die and know I haven't passed down any of my talent to anybody. Finding time here to train might prove a problem. You may just have to ask me what you want to know and I'll tell you everything I can along the way." He said as he vaulted over the side of the boat. His sandals sunk into the sand a few inches as he hit the floor of the beach. He examined what was in front of him now. Besides the somewhat dull beach, a lush jungle like forest awaited them past it. The air around the place smelled mostly like flowers and plants now. But the humid temperature was annoying for him.  He ran his hand through his hair and fixed it back up after the duel and thought for a few moments. "Knowing Isamu and Rin, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still at it. However now that the boat's stopped they should be here soon.

Akira jumped off the boat and onto the sandy surface. "I guess you're right.. But don't you think we can even spend just a few minutes training when we're taking a break from looking for the artifacts?" She asked. Aki saw a dense forest ahead, and as peaceful as it looked, she could smell a scent of death and fear in the air from the people who died looking for the treasure hidden within.

"That would work I suppose." He replied as he waited at the beach, pulling a map out of his kimono and unfolding it. "I had hoped we wouldn't end up here first out of all the islands. But It seems we did anyways." He said looking around the beach. "In the middle of this island past the wave of jungle the island dips down like a funnel, in the middle of that is a temple, and in the middle of that I'm guessing our first Taniaku will be kept safe under lock and key. However the main problem here isn't the odd landscape. It's that the entire place is inhabited by warmongering tribal Onijin, a bit different from the kind that side with Narumi. They are highly religious and will pretty much attack anything in sight." He said, finishing with a sigh. "This will be annoying." He added.

Rin got up after hearing the boat come to a stop, she was so engrossed in the food and talking to Isamu that she forgot they they would be reaching the island soon. "On second thought, I think we might need to go." She said, putting a fresh bowl of food down and rushing out of the room. She grabbed her robe and weapons from her room and ran up to the deck, jumping off the railing and landing down at the beach. Saigo didn't really even care to notice, he just simply waited for Isamu now.

Edited by Pumkin

"We'll do some recon work and come up with a strategy before we approach the temple." She suggested before continuing. "I've fought a few Onijin before in the past and even though they were tougher than my usual opponents, I managed to take them out in a short period of time due to their lack of speed." Akira explained. 'Though I do get rather nervous when I fight multiple people..' But being with Saigo made her feel a lot better.

Following Rin's lead, Isamu decided to collect the remainder of his things from his room, including his katana and bow. He then disembarked from the ship and met up with the others who were waiting for him. "Ohayou gozaimasu!" Isamu said with a smile when he reached Saigo and the others.  "So, what's the plan now?" He asked.

Akira looked at Isamu with an unamused face. "You're the tactician, aren't you? Shouldn't we be the ones asking you what the plan is instead?" She said with a hint of sarcasm. Akira pointed in the general direction of where the temple should be located and said "Lets just head in this direction for now."

Saigo started to walk off towards the jungle now. "That should work for now, but once we reach the clearing for the temple, a more stealthy approach might be preferable." He replied to Akira. "We might run into a few patrols out here, but they have quite a few numbers there. Compared to regular Onijin they're stronger, since they are pretty much strictly violent headhunters." He explained as he used his sword to cut through bushes and plants, reaching into the forest itself now. Traversing into the place without any type of clearing tool would seem almost impossible.

Akira was actually pretty excited to know that the Onijin are stronger on this island. That way she'll be able to put her blades to use, preferably beheading her enemies and painting the trees with their blood. "So there's a huge tribe of powerful Onijin roaming this very island? For some reason I have my doubts that they didn't hear our ship arrive.." She replied as she looked around before following Saigo through the pathway.

"But I didn't break/" fen started as the door fell. "Oh... I'm sorry..." Fenikku sat down, carefully watching for anything he could accidentally break. After a few minutes, his thoughts began to fester and he tried to think about something different. He began too look at his Mistress and noticed how small she was for how easily she'd just dragged him. He began wondering just how strong she was, a little intimidated.

She sighed and got to her feet, beginning to take off her armor. She had no need for the bulky outer layer, and was wearing some much lighter articles underneath. "Have you figured out how you're going to fix the door? It will be on your task list, make no mistake."

"Um... With some glue?" Fen looked at her ashamed and sincere. Anyone else and she probably would've beaten the crap out of, but he really just that dumb. "I'm no good at thinking, I'm good at fighting... Not at fixing stuff I break though... I thought that's what you were gonna do? You fix stuff and I do what you say... right?"

"Um... With some glue?" Fen looked at her ashamed and sincere. Anyone else and she probably would've beaten the crap out of, but he really just that dumb. "I'm no good at thinking, I'm good at fighting... Not at fixing stuff I break though... I thought that's what you were gonna do? You fix stuff and I do what you say... right?"

"No. You are indentured to me, so the do what I say part is correct. But I'm going to teach you to use the thing taking up space between your ears. Before we boarded, I bought a substantial ammount of snack food. The only way you're going to see any of it, is by learning. Step one, fixing the door. And no, glue won't work. Pitch probably would, if we hadany, but it would be rather ugly, and probably liable to break again. Now then, thinking..."

Saigo looked around the colorful forest now, examining all of the plants, trees, and strange probably poisonous fruit. But then again, poison wasn't a problem for him. "If they would of heard us, we probably would of already been attacked. The tribe that dwells here definitely aren't the subtle type." He commented speaking quieter, maneuvering through the jungle with the help of his katana's cutting power. He slowed down, smelling the air and noticing smoke nearby. "There might be a camp nearby."

Rin simply followed, now pulling the scythe off her back once she heard Saigo.

"No. You are indentured to me, so the do what I say part is correct. But I'm going to teach you to use the thing taking up space between your ears. Before we boarded, I bought a substantial ammount of snack food. The only way you're going to see any of it, is by learning. Step one, fixing the door. And no, glue won't work. Pitch probably would, if we hadany, but it would be rather ugly, and probably liable to break again. Now then, thinking..."

"Umm... I don't know... My brother told me doors and stuff are made with hammers but I've never been very at those..." Fenikku cringed a bit as heard his home town blacksmith yelling at him for putting a hole in the side of his house. "Just tell what to do!" Fen shouted with a mix of frustration and desperation. He wasn't trying to be rude but trying to figure stuff out always made him bad because he never could.

Edited by TheBreech

Akira withdrew her Nagamaki and listened closely for any movement nearby. The sound of the crackling fire started to grow louder as they approached the general direction of where the smoke of burning logs were coming from. "Hey, I think the campfire is right ahead of us. Should we go around it?" She asked no one in particular but was expecting Saigo to reply since he's the one calling the shots.

"Umm... I don't know... My brother told me doors and stuff are made with hammers but I've never been very at those..." Fenikku cringed a bit as heard his home town blacksmith yelling at him for putting a hole in the side of his house. "Just tell what to do!" Fen shouted with a mix of frustration and desperation. He wasn't trying to be rude but trying to figure stuff out always made him bad because he never could.

She picks up the door and shows it to him, "Look at the door, Fenikku. the door is attached to the wall on one side by a hinge, this metal thing here. Now, if you'll notice, you didn't actually break the door. You just through it open so hard, it lifted off it's hinges. Tell me, have you ever been to school?" She brought the door easily and slipped it back on, putting the pins back into place.

She picks up the door and shows it to him, "Look at the door, Fenikku. the door is attached to the wall on one side by a hinge, this metal thing here. Now, if you'll notice, you didn't actually break the door. You just through it open so hard, it lifted off it's hinges. Tell me, have you ever been to school?" She brought the door easily and slipped it back on, putting the pins back into place.

"Where's that?" Fenikku's frustration quickly receded and now he was simply confused. "Brother used to talk about that place when he taught me how to read. He said he was going there before... Before He killed him..." Fen shook his head and like rolling dice shuffled his thoughts, "Is it pretty there? Is there a bunch of caves? Is it a forest with bunnies and deer and other tasty stuff?!" Fen was on the verge of drooling but caught himself and closed his mouth.

"Where's that?" Fenikku's frustration quickly receded and now he was simply confused. "Brother used to talk about that place when he taught me how to read. He said he was going there before... Before He killed him..." Fen shook his head and like rolling dice shuffled his thoughts, "Is it pretty there? Is there a bunch of caves? Is it a forest with bunnies and deer and other tasty stuff?!" Fen was on the verge of drooling but caught himself and closed his mouth.

"No, it's a building where a person like me tells a person like you how to solve problems. Not exactly these kinds of problems, but it would definitely help." She sighs, thinking. Eventually, she picks up a book, "You can read, but can you write? And how good are you at both?"

"No, it's a building where a person like me tells a person like you how to solve problems. Not exactly these kinds of problems, but it would definitely help." She sighs, thinking. Eventually, she picks up a book, "You can read, but can you write? And how good are you at both?"

"Uhh... I can read any normal word less than 7 letters (or the equivalent of that in whatever language we speak here), and can write any words I know. That's what my brother said to me to tell people who ask that. He also said he'd teach me more when he came back from school, but he... I just said that... Will you teach me the other stuff?" Fenikku looked like a giant kid with the barely contained look of excitement on his face.

Saigo thought for a moment, putting his sword back and following a small cleared path. "Leaving them alive would be a mistake. In a small unprepared group out here they can be dispatched easily without alerting the others way out here. Plus if we want the Taniaku we may have to go through every single one of them." He commented as he moved through the brush much slower now, reaching a point where he knew the campfire must by right past the bush. He pushed his Katana out of the sheath with his thumb, grabbing the handle afterward and cut the brush down. He rushed out of the opening, expecting to get the jump on the group.

However once the brush was cut down he found that besides the campfire, there was not a trace of anyone there. Saigo looked around the site with an odd face. "Maybe they left earlier or heard us coming and ran?" Rin suggested with a bored tone. Saigo merely shoot his head, continuing in his usual calm voice. "There are two problems with that. One is that they would never risk burning down their own forest by leaving a fire behind. And two, these type of Onijin wouldn't ever run from a fight... Seems they still heard us however." He said as he simultaneously heard the bushes around the clearing shake as a five large figures launched up into the air above them. All of them black and white painted armored Onijin carrying oddly large improvised weapons. They came down towards the group, their weapons pointed at them as they fell. Their intention to kill was clear, seeing they were planning an attack from the skies. 

Akira looked up into the skies and saw five Onijin jumping out from the bushes. She backed up onto Saigo's back and said "Stand still." before she formed a green flame around her right hand and punched it into the ground, causing huge spikes to shoot upwards towards the Onijin that were heading straight towards them from the sky. It appeared to be ineffective as their brute strength easily sliced it in half and shattered it. She quickly took her Nagamaki and jumped upwards to one of them, aiming to knock away their weapons and beheading them.

She swung her blade towards one of the Onijin's large weapons, knocking it back. She quickly took the chance to get a swing at his head but before she could, his massive axe was heading straight towards her. "Heh." He was only hitting the image that was left behind, she has already teleported above him and the very next second, her blade went straight through his skull, penetrating it.

The unresponsive corpse struck the ground with the force of gravity, shaking the ground as it landed at the same time as the others. She withdrew her blade from his head and painted the trees with blood by splattering it towards the other Onijin by swiping her blade towards them. "One down, four to go." She said before jumping off the Onijin's back.

Saigo saw one of the Onijin warriors coming down towards him swiftly. His ring lit up for a moment as he dodged to the side, letting the weapon hit the ground and sink in. While he dashed he seemed to fade to the side at top speed, practically teleporting and leaving a smokey color trail behind as he did so. Before his enemy could pull it's sunken weapon from the ground he stabbed his katana through it's chest. "Foolish." Saigo muttered as he attacked. The Onijin let out a grunt but was cut short by Saigo's Tanto piercing the creatures temple.

Before he could pulled out his weapons, another Onijin swung his giant weapons at Saigo enraged and hoping the cut him in half. However Saigo simply contorted backwards and ducked under the blade limbo style. Before the Onijin could muster another swing, the end of Rin's chain scythe wrapped around his arm, holding it in place. Saigo quickly pulled out his weapons from the dead Onijin and dashed by the now occupied warrior, leaving the same trail behind him as he appeared a few feet behind the enemy. A torrent of blood erupted from the things chest as it was now clear that Saigo had slashed it mid dash. Before it could even fall to the floor Rin pulled back on her scythe to retrieve the main part of the weapon, parting the being of it's arm on the way back. It doubled over and died afterward from bleeding out on the ground.

"That leaves two." Saigo thought as he watched the other two Onijin as they huddled over to each other in a defensive stance.

Akira's head slowly turned towards the Onijin with a horrifying look on her face. Without wasting another second, she started charging towards them at full speed, teleporting from left to right multiple times as she approached, confusing the Onijin. When she approached, she gripped her Nagamaki and swung it from the bottom up to his head, cutting him cleanly in half. His guts started spilling out of his stomach, and the red fluid that once flowed within him spilled out of his body. The last Onijin swung his blade at her, but Akira stayed calm and placed her hand on the side of his blade as it approached her, and before it did, she teleported it straight into the Onijin's back. Blood started coming out of his mouth as his insides got penetrated by his own blade. She teleported back to Saigo. "About the campfire you were talking about.. Do you think it would be a good idea to set this island ablaze?" She asked with a grin.

Edited by Azura

"Uhh... I can read any normal word less than 7 letters (or the equivalent of that in whatever language we speak here), and can write any words I know. That's what my brother said to me to tell people who ask that. He also said he'd teach me more when he came back from school, but he... I just said that... Will you teach me the other stuff?" Fenikku looked like a giant kid with the barely contained look of excitement on his face.

His brother must have tons of patients. I'm dealing mentally with a first year with relatively decent literary. Who knows about his math or science. However, I believe history might be most appropriate. "If you know your letters, how about your numbers? What kind of math level do you preform at?"

His brother must have tons of patients. I'm dealing mentally with a first year with relatively decent literary. Who knows about his math or science. However, I believe history might be most appropriate. "If you know your letters, how about your numbers? What kind of math level do you preform at?"

"I can count very good, I can add and subtract, and I can multiply little numbers. I'm no good at duhvision and that's all my brother taught me." Fenikku was a worried about her questions and what she might want him to do. He came to this place to fight, not to think...

"Division is important. What if you need to know just how many soldiers you need to kill in order to be equal with everyone else. If there's twelve of them, and four of us, how many do you have to kill?" She lays back on her bed, behind a screen she had put up earlier.

@@TheBreech

Edited by Appledawn