Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any other Blender geeks out there? Other 3D artists?

RainGloom

I'm a huge fan of the Blender project and just wanted to know if there is anyone else here who shares my love towards the freedom of creation.

(If you like Maya, Max or something else, I'm still interested in your opinions.)

Write about anything in the subject.

eg.:

• What features do you use the most?
  • Works you've done?
  • Years of practice?
  • The UI wars? (active users should know :) )

I started using (heh) after I saw my cousin playing around in 2.4x (old times), but it turned serious only when I began attending art lessons and spent all my time on the classroom's only working computer. I still do :D

My favorite parts of this amazing software are the modeling and simulation tools, compositing and Cycles nodes.

I think the interface is 98% perfect the way it is and would prefer seeing improvements in modifiers (especially the boolean) and Unity integration than the developers wasting time on editor tabs.

So far I've been doing it for ~2 yrs and now that I have my tablet, nothing can stop me :D

My 2 bigger projects were a request and a present, one for my crush (a logo for her fashion show) and an OC for my best friend.

They both sucked from a Blender point of view, but the look on their faces was worth every sleepless hour and coffee brewing and occasional missing from school.

I want to do this all my life.

PS.: 2.7 RC is out!!! :D Let's open that champagne!!!!

Well, I'm a Blender lover. Of course, I've only just started using it. Maybe 3 months ago now. Yeah, something like that. I really need some help with it XD. I'm no graphic designer, and I can't make a screwdriver using a tutorial. Well, you can really replace "screwdriver" with "anything". I'm practicing though.

Now, what have I done? I've accomplished nothing really, but I'm working on an idea for a cutie mark for a project that I'm not sure I'm doing anymore. To clarify, I was doing a project, but then I was told that I was working with someone who was doing a similar project, and have heard nothing from either party. So, I'm not sure anymore, but I'm going through with it for now.

As for the UI wars, I know a little about it, but not enough to really give an opinion.

I found out about Blender from a couple friends of mine who use it. It looked fun, and I'd always wanted to make stuff in 3d and just never had the time or resources to do it. I still don't have time, really, but I ignore that. Priorities are helpful.

• Brohoof 1