Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

Thoughts on MLP Movie 2 being 3D

Register now to remove this ad.
(edited)

I much prefer 2d but if its good quality 3d like nearing older pixar or DreamWorks quality (not like the old kung fu panda show tho haha maybe the new one) thats good. And by the previews now we have seen it looks decent so far. I think it's a chance to distinguish from the past. There will stil be 2d fan art and merch i guess. I'm guessing though similar style for both movie and show?

I did like the 2d styles in ya know.. the old leaks for concept they did of the original mane. 

Edited by flurry
Badges

I'm fine with it being 3d. But it is a bit disappointing because it looks like typical frozen style. Animation like that is over used.

Badges

What we've seen looks better than I would ever have imagined ponies could look in 3D. I might have preferred sticking with 2D, but I can live with this.

Badges

I'm more focused on how the movie will be rather than whether it is 3D, so whether it is 3D doesn't matter to me really.

Although I am a much bigger fan of 2D animation, I have grown accustomed to the 3D look of the G5 characters and can enjoy it now. Writing is going to be the make it or break it for me. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have only one thing to say: Isn't the average movie audience tired of nothing but 3D animated movies being mainstream? It used to be something unique, now everyone and their grandma can make it.

Badges