Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When a Brony Can't buy a Pony

BSN

Here is the thing about being married though, it isnt just "your money" that is a terrible attitude to have if you love your spouse. I dont know your financial situation, but maybe your wife feels the money could be spent better on other things. You two are a partnership. Dont go buy things behind her back either, that is an even worse thing to do then go "my money i can buy what i want." If you really want the merchandise talk it out with her. I have been married for 11 years, we are a team, and even though we are just a one income family, which happens to be my income, we are a unit and both have equal value input on finances. Take the time to talk it out, and respect her opinion. Remember that not only did you choose her to be your wife, but she chose you to be her husband. Gotta work together as a team.

Just to let it be known my wife and I are happy together. Also when I posted this it wasn't like I meant to sound (if it does) like I was complaining about it I was going for has this happned to other Bronies out there and I was hoping to get other storys we could all share and laugh at. 

Next time I'll just be more specific on my topic, on that note I still appreciate y'alls inputs. 

Happened to me once, so I was at the MLP toy stand on my local supermarket, each pony was around 17 dollars (Thats the price in my country for the 5.99 ponies) So, I really wanted to get Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. But I didnt have enough cash, I asked my mom and she said, no way we are getting 3 ponies, thats just too much for an stupid toy. Sadly I left Dash because her mane was kind of falling apart. While I was looking at other stuff, my mom payed the 2 ponies with the cash I gave her. So on our way back home, I decided to check the receipt, And guess what? The ponies were 50 percent off.  :o  So at the price of 8.99 I could get the three I was just so mad! :okiedokielokie:  I went back to the store 4 days later, and Rainbow Dash was gone! Practically the whole MLP stand was gone, there were just like 3 ponies left  :( Didnt get anything at last.  :angry: Hope I have better luck next time!

My mom used to buy me the toys, but she got annoyed because I got so many (I think I only have... seven toys?), so now I have to spend my own money. Which I don't have. She's still willing to buy me the clothing though.  B)

Sorry to hear your wife isn't for getting pony merch. But don't do anything drastic like divorce her, or go behind her back. Just talk it out, tell her that you're just expressing your love for the show. It might take her some time to come around, but I'm sure she loves you, she isn't going to leave you because you like a show like MLP.

Sorry to hear about your current situation. You could talk it out with her, it may take some time for her to change her mind, though you should still stay with her since both of you love each other.

So basically have you ever went to a store and saw some MLP merch but you couldn't get for some lame reason? Example took my wife to the mall yesterday and saw Fluttershy and being the fan I am, I walked right up to it nout to go to the counter and my wife stops me in my traks with a no way.

Didn't get my pony :c any pony else get this from their other half?

So basically have you ever went to a store and saw some MLP merch but you couldn't get for some lame reason? Example took my wife to the mall yesterday and saw Fluttershy and being the fan I am, I walked right up to it nout to go to the counter and my wife stops me in my traks with a no way.

Didn't get my pony :c any pony else get this from their other half?

Bro, you want it. Get it! At least that's what I was taught. :P

I don't buy stuff these days because I don't want it XD! Hasbro's stuff is pretty meh and I don't really want stuff on my own. My mom has given me a couple posters and a few other things, and last year I got some coloring books and two official books, that Elements of Harmony guidebook and the Under the Sparkling Sea one...and this year I bought some pencils...because my mom actually asked me if I wanted them...OKAY! I have bought pony stuff on my own XD! But if I just went out on my own ever I wouldn't buy lots of pony stuff, and definitely not any of the toys. I already have the one I want (another gift XD.)

clearly you should get a different wife.

Don't worry friend, I admire the hilarity in this joke, and do not find it hostile, since it's not supposed to be!

• Brohoof 1

Don't worry friend, I admire the hilarity in this joke, and do not find it hostile, since it's not supposed to be!

Oh no worries here my friend,   no worries here at all.

-good thing I was light on the sarcasm-

I was in a relationship once with someone who tried to tell me what to do, and now I'm not.

I never compromise when I know I'm right anyway, which is as good a reason as any to stay single and live however I want. Besides, I make an awful partner. More ponies for me.

Usually, the main reason I don't get to buy ponies when I want them is because I spend all my money...

...on buying other pony things. ^^"

MAINLY Twilight Sparkle things, might I add. ^^

• 7 years later...

I don't care much for pony merch if i'm honest, It's cute and all but i won't get that much on my own. If i do, it's just nice having.
I mostly collect other stuff and get that easily [for now] I don't expect to still do that when i'm on my own though.

• 4 months later...

Now that FIM is no longer the latest MLP series, the problem is trying to find the item you want in the first place, and then there is the price that is often increased from the time they were originally sold. I wish I bought more FIM figurines back then.

• Brohoof 1