Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv OH! MY! GOD! It's The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Hype Thread

AlbinoThunder

untitled17.png

Because, we seriously needed one. 

Welcome to the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure thread. Whether it be official or not will be determined later. I figured that these forums needed something extremely hype. Here, we can talk about:

• The Manga, currently on Part 8: Jojolion

• The 1993 and 2000 OVA's, which follow Part 3: Stardust Crusaders a bit loosely

• The 2012 anime from David Productions. which adapt Part 1: Phantom Blood and Part 2: Battle Tendency with Part 3: Stardust Crusaders airing on April 4th.

• The many video games released under the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure name with All Star Battle releasing in America on April 29th on Playstation 3.

• or DUWANG

I hope most, if not some of you, enjoy the hell out of this thread. I've been meaning to do it for awhile now. If you're a little behind, or which to start following JoJo, the manga can be read here on Batoto

So, with all that, chat away.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2g5KvOIS56cpoBpUdcQ65P77TnXgIVo: A link to all PV's for Stardust Crusaders which comes out in less than two weeks!

Edited by AlbinoThunder

After hearing about JBA back in the late '90s thanks to Animerica Extra magazine, I kept hoping the day would arrive when I'd be able to read it in English. However, even after the Viz trade paperbacks covering Stardust Crusaders started getting released in the mid-2000s, I didn't get around to reading them.

I know this is a classic series, and that I should make time for reading it. How do you set aside time for reading / watching videos, rather than browsing and posting in forums (which I'm doing now...)?

I am so hype for next month!

Not only is part three of the anime finally airing, but like you mentioned; the new Jojo's game is gonna be released. I actually pre-ordered my copy on Amazon when they announced that there was gonna be a limited physical release. Just hope that the multiplayer is better than the HD. Version of Jojo's Venture.

I just wish it was dubbed.

I do too, but, bringing reality into the equation, if it were to be dubbed, they'd have to go through major name changes to not be struck down by copyright laws. Even the new JoJo game, which they're subbing, not dubbing, is having to go through major changes (IE Crazy Diamond is Shining Diamond). Same thing happened with Capcom's JoJo fighter. (Vanilla Ice was renamed Iced) So, while dubbing is a high hope for some of us, it may seem like something that is most likely not to happen.  

I do too, but, bringing reality into the equation, if it were to be dubbed, they'd have to go through major name changes to not be struck down by copyright laws. Even the new JoJo game, which they're subbing, not dubbing, is having to go through major changes (IE Crazy Diamond is Shining Diamond). Same thing happened with Capcom's JoJo fighter. (Vanilla Ice was renamed Iced) So, while dubbing is a high hope for some of us, it may seem like something that is most likely not to happen.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. Most anime can get by without many changes when dubbed but this is one that would absolutely need it because it has too many trademarked names in it.

I need to see if it's on Crunchyroll or something to watch. With my luck it'll be on like Hulu Plus or something which I can't afford at the moment. :lol:

I bought the mangas, which VIZ published, however it is just part of the whole manga series. I watch also watch the actual anime, which I really love. I love the drawing style and character design of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures. 

I need to see if it's on Crunchyroll or something to watch. With my luck it'll be on like Hulu Plus or something which I can't afford at the moment.

Kissanime has the anime and the OVA's, if I recall correctly. It's probably the best place to watch it since everywhere else is like in low quality and junk.

Is that place legit? I try to keep my online anime watching to places that legally have the right to stream it. Which is why I mentioned Crunchyroll.

Ah, well when you put it that way, no, not really. But I'd rather not waste $20 bucks a month to watch a select few of anime that I'll watch occasionally, which is way I tend to stray away from stuff like that. 

I don't even pay for that. A lot of Crunchyroll's stuff is free to watch but the newer stuff tends to require a subscription to see.

Eh. To each his own, I guess. Now let's start talking JoJo, shall we?

...imadethisthreadforareasonseriously 

(edited)

News that I forgot to put up because I'm an idiot!*

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an OP! I repeat, we have an OP! 

Jojo_OP3.png

OP's title is called "Stand Proud" (Ha.) It is performed by Jin Hashimoto, known for the opening themes to Kamen Rider Kuuga and Megaman NT Warrior. The full version is expected to be released on April 23rd. It's still unknown if the ED theme will remain as Roundabout by Yes. The composer for the entire series is Yuugo Kanno, whose work include Birdy: The Mighty Decode, Library War, and more recently Psycho-Pass. 

(Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-19/jojo-bizarre-adventure-part-3-opening-song-and-more-staff-named)

Stardust Crusaders starts next week, people. Get hype!

*Also I need more people to notice this thread oh god please I'm so alone

Edited by AlbinoThunder

I was introduced to the series through JoJo's Bizarre Venture and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I played the hell out of those games (still wonder why Khan turns into a cow when Alessi uses his stand's power on him).

Also, I saw a part of the anime movie which I thought was badass. Especially near the end after Dio kept stopping time to get the advantage. Eventually, Dio is unable to move, and Jotaro is like "I stopped time!". He was able to use Dio's ability against him, purely because he got pissed off enough. Now that's badass!

Got a couple hundred? you might be lucky enough to swipe the European Ultra Limited Edition of All Star Battle. Just look at that fabulous little figurine! Why can't we get cool stuff like that.

a95e202107e932936341467a49ae05eb13958418

DIO vs Ultimate Kars? Obviously, Ultimate Kars.

(edited)
Got a couple hundred? you might be lucky enough to swipe the European Ultra Limited Edition of All Star Battle. Just look at that fabulous little figurine! Why can't we get cool stuff like that.  

Oh my god. I want this. I want it so bad. 

In other news, Crunchyroll's picking up the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime. No news yet if it's either the 2012 anime, the Stardust Crusaders anime, or both. 

(Source:http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844535/new-spring-titles-jojos-bizzare-adventure)

I'll update this if it turns out to be some sick joke.

EDIT: It's not. Crunchyroll will be airing both Season 1 and Stardust Crusaders.

Edited by AlbinoThunder