gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

(edited)

And even if the other DBZ charcters can't travel faster than light I know for a fact that they can at least FIGHT faster than light.

Still he's terribly outclassed against Main Buu. Buu has the strength, speed, durability and skills to easily decimate Kirby. Even Fighter Kirby doesn't have the attributes to deal with Kid Buu. Even if all Kid Buu had was martial arts skills and no Ki attacks.

Are you kidding me? Didn't you see what an infantile retard the Fat Buu was? Super Buu spoke completely plainly and was quite mature unlike the Fat Buu...There was a HUGE difference...But yes absorbing Piccolo of course did affect his intelligence.

I haven't read any of the Marvel or DC Comics. I only watch the TV Shows like Justice League and Avengers Assemble etc.

Still if you read my post you'll see why it would be a close fight.

And people say that Goku is featless compared to Superman. Ha don't make me laugh. I'd love to see Superman try to take on somebody as powerful as Majin Buu or Perfect Cell. Or even Frieza for that matter. Based on my analysis I would say that Superman is only around Perfect Cell's level at best. Unless you count the later versions of Superman. Those DO stomp anyone in DBZ or GT...

Base Goku caught an island sized rock (10 million tons) superman pulled earth (6.6 sextillilon tons) Superman IS physically stronger yes.

But Superman is able to fly faster than light but not fight faster than light. Supermans combat speed is only stated to be hypersonicHttp://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3918931-2689740779-35586.jpg

While Goku's combat speed is faster than light (much faster than superman)Http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3071808-3769622573-18292.pngHttp://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/dragon-ball/282/4/

And Superman is hurt by fractions of supernovas, two large planets, meteor level hits and even continent level falls...Http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/kankichi-from-Kochikame-vs-modern-superman/327013/

Ssj3 Goku tanked Kid Buu's (highly) focused blast which is far more powerful than Perfect Cell's solar system busting attack.Http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/dragon-ball/511/10/

More proof that Superman is not as durable as they made him out to be. And that Goku is far more durable with his Ki output.

Superman's most powerful attack is the infinite mass punch (white dwarf level) ssj2 Goku > cell, who is capable of destroying an entire "solar system" (4- 8 white dwarfs) meaning ssj1 goku is over 4x more powerful than superman.Http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23781/548120-cell_ss_buster.jpg

Superman also knows martial arts yes. But he struggles against characters who don't (ex: Doomsday, Darkseid, Mongul) while Goku is the exact opposite being a highly trained martial arts warrior. (He's also a saiyan meaning he was literally born to fight)

In conclusion these facts that I've shown mean that Superman doesn't have the power nor durability or fighting skills/combat speed to defeat Goku in his Super Saiyan Form after his Hyperbolic Timechamber training.

To prove that I'm not biased, I don't deny that Pre-Cresis Superman and Superman Prime can beat Goku. They obviously can. But basic Superman cannot. But comparing Goku to THOSE Supermen is not even fair.

And before anyone calls me a DBZ tard I'd say I've made some pretty valid points in this topic. People say Galactus is far more powerful than anyone in DBZ but based on what I've seen this is just my opinion but I think Galactus is only at Kid Majin Buu's Or Super Buu's level at best. But that might just be because I never read the comics.

Okay, which Superman are you referring to though? There's, like, fucking fifty of him...

Also, my bad, I was thinking about the Evil Buu that came out when Hercule and Bee got hurt.....

Hey, do you think we could take this to PM? This is obviously not the place for this conversation.

Edited by Shenron00

If i'm avoiding DBZ based arguments, it's because we've had this argument several times on a number characters on this thread alone, and it never went anywhere. I'm not sure if I can say anything new.

It's very simple. The reason why you've been having trouble explaining to me why the DBZ characters are weaker than these said characters is because you're WRONG...

Okay, which Superman are you referring to though? There's, like, fucking fifty of him...

Also, my bad, I was thinking about the Evil Buu that came out when Hercule and Bee got hurt.....

Hey, do you think we could take this to PM? This is obviously not the place for this conversation.

Basic. And ok that makes sense. And sure.

Sorry, my bad. You are right in that regard....

However, Goku has killed more than one person, over 9 in fact:

He has killed Buyon, Octopapa, Captain Yellow, Staff Officer Black, Tambourine, King Piccolo, Yakon, many Red Ribbon soldiers, Frieza (in Resurrection of "F"), and Kid Buu. Technically, he did kill Buu, he just came back as someone else. It's almost the same thing as Raditz killing Goku only for Goku to come back.

I'm also going to assume we aren't going by movies, filler, and GT. If we did, the count would be over 34.

But like I said, none of those are canon, so we won't count them.

I never watched all of DB, so I can see how I'd miss some there...although, not sure if King Piccolo counts, since Kami didn't die. Seems more complicated than it should be. Also, I kinda don't count Buu aside from the whole Uub thing, because that's like the first and only canon time the spirit bomb did it's shit...and who's to say it killed him? Not like that attack killed anyone before.

And Frieza was the one I was counting, since he kills him in the new movie (Vegeta fucking blew it).

(edited)

I never watched all of DB, so I can see how I'd miss some there...although, not sure if King Piccolo counts, since Kami didn't die. Seems more complicated than it should be. Also, I kinda don't count Buu aside from the whole Uub thing, because that's like the first and only canon time the spirit bomb did it's shit...and who's to say it killed him? Not like that attack killed anyone before.

And Frieza was the one I was counting, since he kills him in the new movie (Vegeta fucking blew it).

Well, the reason Kami didn't die is because King Piccolo spat out Piccolo Jr's egg before dying. The reason the Spirit Bomb didn't work on Vegeta is because Goku lost most of the energy he gathered when he was attacked. As for Frieza, it's simply because the Spirit Bomb wasn't strong enough to kill him, and the Namekians were dead, so they couldn't help any. I also still don't see why Buu wouldn't count. We literally see him get disintegrated right before our eyes....

I think it was Yemma who also said that Buu's soul was cleansed and reincarnated.

Edited by Shenron00

Just gonna end the Superman vs Goku thing, cause this is exactly how it would go down.

Of course they would never really fight. They'd no doubt become really close friends if they really met in a crossover. Anyone with any decent amount of intelligence would know that. It's just fun to debate about who would in a fight between them.

(edited)

Truth be told, I'm fairly certain that Goku would be extremely excited about having a sparring match with Superman if he knew how strong he is. Word of God states that Goku never was a truly righteous character, which makes sense if you think about different events in the manga e.g. Goku sparing Vegeta and later "reviving" Frieza so they can fight again, Goku forfeiting against Cell so Gohan could fight and achieve his potential, etc, all of which placed countless lives at risk. He even asked Shenron to allow Buu to be reincarnated as a benevolent being just so he could fight a good version of Buu in the future. What Goku really is is someone who's hungry to fight anyone and anything strong, preferably someone stronger than himself who can set the limit he has to exceed, given how most of what he's done was purely for the sake of fighting. Superman would be perfect in that regard. None of their fights would really be bloodlusted, especially as far as Superman would be concerned, but the nature of a hypothetical relationship between Goku and Superman would invariably make Goku much more powerful over time. We see that now with Beerus and Whis, so there's no reason why it would be any different with Superman.

Edited by Galen

Truth be told, I'm fairly certain that Goku would be extremely excited about having a sparring match with Superman if he knew how strong he is. Word of God states that Goku never was a truly righteous character, which makes sense if you think about different events in the manga e.g. Goku sparing Vegeta and later "reviving" Frieza so they can fight again, Goku forfeiting against Cell so Gohan could fight and achieve his potential, etc, all of which placed countless lives at risk. He even asked Shenron to allow Buu to be reincarnated as a benevolent being just so he could fight a good version of Buu in the future. What Goku really is is someone who's hungry to fight anyone and anything strong, preferably someone stronger than himself who can set the limit he has to exceed, given how most of what he's done was purely for the sake of fighting. Superman would be perfect in that regard. None of their fights would really be bloodlusted, especially as far as Superman would be concerned, but the nature of a hypothetical relationship between Goku and Superman would invariably make Goku much more powerful over time. We see that now with Beerus and Whis, so there's no reason why it would be any different with Superman.

That's true. I'm sure Goku would want to fight him for the fun of it.

Vader wishes he had faced Lord Voldemort instead of Dr. Doom. Speaking of which guys, Goku vs. Superman the rematch, this time with SSJG form for Goku in play.

• Brohoof 1

Vader wishes he had faced Lord Voldemort instead of Dr. Doom. Speaking of which guys, Goku vs. Superman the rematch, this time with SSJG form for Goku in play.

Also OMG YES I CAN'T WAIT!!! THIS IS GONNA BE SO AWESOME!!!

• Brohoof 2

Kinda figured they'd be doing this again. It makes me wonder which version of Big Red they're using, and whether they're including his newest power-up, terrible as it is.

• Brohoof 2

It looks like those idiots are not even gonna give Goku his new form from Revival of F like they should...Well they downplayed him last time too so it doesn't surprise me...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It looks like those idiots are not even gonna give Goku his new form from Revival of F like they should...Well they downplayed him last time too so it doesn't surprise me...

Considering he was vaporized from a planetary explosion in SS4, i'd say he was probably downplayed just a little. Pretty sure he can survive that at SS1, probably even base by now.

Edited by Corona de Adamas
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Tbh, Superman is still stronger than SSG Goku. Not sure where SSGSSJ Goku stands tho, but it can't be significantly better since SSGSSJ is still not as powerful as Beerus, who's solar system level+ in terms of DC and durability. Golden Frieza certainly isn't on par with Beerus, so it follows that neither would SSGSSJ Gokusince he's slightly inferior to him. That's still nothing compared to Superman who's at least galaxy level+ if not universal. SSJ4 Goku actually stood a much better chance against Superman, and we all know how that turned out.

Edited by Galen

Considering he was vaporized from a planetary explosion in SS4, i'd say he was probably downplayed just a little. Pretty sure he can survive that at SS1, probably even base by now.

He sure can. And more like ALOT...You do realize that in the original Death Battle they used his base form from the Saiyan Saga and then multiplied it using the Super Saiyan Forms right? And that makes NO SENSE..Anyone who's seen DBZ knows that Goku kept getting stronger in his base form as well...And this makes makes at least TWENTY years worth of training and getting stronger that they completely disregarded...This means they should have used Goku's DBZ Super Saiyan 3 stats, and used it as his base form power, and then multiplied it using the Super Forms. Because that's how powerful he is by the end of the Buu Saga.

What truly shows the bias with their previous Death Battle video is that they made Superman almost as strong as he could possibly be but completely downplayed Goku...

Oh for the love of gawd, this shit again...

Is Screwattack that desperate for attention, they have to open that shitstorm up again?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dr. Doom vs. Vader is too much of a mismatch. Vader is only made for cinematic purposes, Dr. Doom is deliberately made to be overpowered even in a world of superheroes.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

He sure can. And more like ALOT...You do realize that in the original Death Battle they used his base form from the Saiyan Saga and then multiplied it using the Super Saiyan Forms right? And that makes NO SENSE..Anyone who's seen DBZ knows that Goku kept getting stronger in his base form as well...And this makes makes at least TWENTY years worth of training and getting stronger that they completely disregarded...This means they should have used Goku's DBZ Super Saiyan 3 stats, and used it as his base form power, and then multiplied it using the Super Forms. Because that's how powerful he is by the end of the Buu Saga.

What truly shows the bias with their previous Death Battle video is that they made Superman almost as strong as he could possibly be but completely downplayed Goku...

Correction: That's how strong he was at the start of GT. At the end of the Buu saga, he was just slightly inferior to 100% frieza in his base form as observed by Beerus at the start of BoG (who knows if DBS will retcon that info but that's what we have for now). Even so, Superman winning was still correct given his DC and durability are at least galaxy level+ (possibly universal as it's implied he could stop The Atom's universe from collapsing). Even SSJ4 Goku isn't at that level, and he's superior to Beerus.

I do agree that Goku was still nerfed quite significantly in that match and pitted him against Superman 1 million (who I'm referring to above as well), and I expect SA to do the same in the rematch. Had SA used regular Superman i.e. before spending 1000 months in the sun, Goku would've stomped him even during the Namek arc.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Correction: That's how strong he was at the start of GT. At the end of the Buu saga, he was just slightly inferior to 100% frieza in his base form as observed by Beerus at the start of BoG

That's clearly a plothole. Because in one of the movies Gohan oneshotted Frieza without transforming...

Even so, Superman winning was still correct given his DC and durability are at least galaxy level+ (possibly universal as it's implied he could stop The Atom's universe from collapsing).

No it wasn't. They overplayed Superman way too much. He isn't that powerful. It looked to me like they used Basic Superman in that fight.

Superman is able to fly faster than light but not fight faster than light. Superman's combat speed is only stated to be hypersonic Http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3918931-2689740779-35586.jpg

While Goku's combat speed is faster than light (much faster than superman) Http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3071808-3769622573-18292.png Http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/dragon-ball/282/4/

And Superman is hurt by fractions of supernovas, two large planets, meteor level hits and even continent level falls... Http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/kankichi-from-Kochikame-vs-modern-superman/327013/

Ssj3 Goku tanked Buu's (highly) focused blast which is far more powerful than Perfect Cell's solar system busting attack. Http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/dragon-ball/511/10/

More proof that Superman is not as durable as they made him out to be. And that Goku is far more durable with his Ki output.

Superman's most powerful attack is the infinite mass punch (white dwarf level) ssj2 Goku > cell, who is capable of destroying an entire "solar system" (4- 8 white dwarfs) meaning ssj1 goku is over 4x more powerful than superman. Http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23781/548120-cell_ss_buster.jpg

Superman also knows martial arts yes. But he struggles against characters who don't (ex: Doomsday, Darkseid, Mongul) while Goku is the exact opposite being a highly trained martial arts warrior. (He's also a saiyan meaning he was literally born to fight)

In conclusion these facts that I've shown mean that Superman doesn't have the power nor durability or fighting skills/combat speed to defeat Goku in his Super Saiyan Form after his Hyperbolic Timechamber training.

But we're allowing Pre-Crisis Superman, Superman Prime 1 Million or any of the later versions of Superman then Superman stomps Goku.

Even SSJ4 Goku isn't at that level, and he's superior to Beerus.

You do realize that GT is no longer canon anymore right? SSJG > SSJ4.

I do agree that Goku was still nerfed quite significantly in that match and pitted him against Superman 1 million (who I'm referring to above as well), and I expect SA to do the same in the rematch. Had SA used regular Superman i.e. before spending 1000 months in the sun, Goku would've stomped him even during the Namek arc.

Agreed.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

(edited)
That's clearly a plothole. Because in one of the movies Gohan oneshotted Frieza without transforming...

hbNJ6C0.png

The only DB movies that are canon are literally BoG and FnF. All others are non-canon. Gohan one-shotting Frieza is an outlier.

No it wasn't. They overplayed Superman way too much. He isn't that powerful. It looked to me like they used Basic Superman in that fight.

Please don't rely on comicvine or animevice. Their descriptions of feats are for starters never based on any actual calcs and mostly vague evidence like "he was so fast that he appeared in location B in the blink of an eye" which is hardly reliable.

FYI, this is the iteration of Superman that SA used.

superman+dc+1+million.jpg

Name: Superman 1 Million/Kal Kent

Origin: DC Comics

Classification: Alien (Future Kryptonian, genetically different from current Kryptonians due to evolution and breeding with other races)

Powers and Abilities: Super speed, strength, durability, flight, various super senses (including 10 extra senses), super breath, heat vision, freeze breath, telepathy, telekinesis, electromagnetic manipulation, can break dimensional and temporal barriers, can survive in space, resistant to telepathy, super intelligence, immune to Kryptonite and red sunlight, memory erasure, mass hypnosis, illusion creation, mind control, super intelligence/thought speed, and several others, immunity to most types of magic

Weaknesses: His powers will slowly fade away if he is outside of the influence of the Super Sun (Earth's sun in the 853rd century, inhabited by Superman Prime from whom his powers derive)

Destructive Capacity: Galaxy level+

Range: Multi - galaxy level

Speed: Massively FTL (stated to be "faster than a speeding tachyon")

Durability: Possibly galaxy level

Strength: Class 100 (even while weakened jumped from Earth to the Moon and punched through the time barrier)

Stamina: Effectively limitless when under the Super Sun

Standard Equipment: Nothing notable

Intelligence: At least as smart as Brainiac 5, one of the most intelligent beings in the universe, capable of calculating at least a billion scenarios simultaneously.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

- Force Vision: A form of telekinesis projected optically, it was capable of temporarily slowing the movement of an entire galaxy and containing the power of Solaris the Tyrant Sun.

Being born to fight is really meaningless. Before DBZ, Saiyans were nothing very noteworthy within Frieza's army and generally considered to be low class warriors even compared to Frieza's low to mid-tier henchmen, given the most trivial and easy missions. Even Vegeta pre-Saiyan arc was only as strong as Cui, who was far below Dodoria and Zarbon. Even they were lacking compared to the Ginyu Force barring Guldo. There were only few exceptions such as Bardock's team and particularly Bardock himself to take care of harder missions (and even he was nothing compared to Dodoria). Such exceptions do not represent the Saiyan race as a whole. You can argue that wolves are very aggressive animals who perhaps have a taste for combat, but they'll never be as strong as elephants.

But we're allowing Pre-Crisis Superman, Superman Prime 1 Million or any of the later versions of Superman then Superman stomps Goku.

That's exactly what SA did. They primarily used feats attributed to Superman Prime 1 million (which is what I've been referring to the whole time. You're acknowledging here that he stomps Goku, so what were you trying to argue?

You do realize that GT is no longer canon anymore right? SSJG > SSJ4.

It never was canon. However, I bring it up because SA featured SSJ4 in the first match. And no, it's not.

NOTE: I've been a DB fan for a really long time and I hate Superman's guts because of how OP he is and how DC authors keep making him more and more OP. So I'm really not trying to be biased here.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1