gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

And now I recently notice that DBZ fans are STILL pissed after that last video...

Are they pissed at SA's logic or that Goku lost? If the latter, I agree with you.

Are they pissed at SA's logic or that Goku lost? If the latter, I agree with you.

Both actually.

Sephiroth vs. Kefka

Kefka should win.

Yup. Kefka is more powerful than Sephiroth. I even heard he was.

• Brohoof 1

Both actually.

Yup. Kefka is more powerful than Sephiroth. I even heard he was.

Kefka has the power of three goddesses, and magic up the ass.

Sephiroth has second rate DNA and a few magic rocks.

That's not even a contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1053&v=3581LCnibqs

The great stupid ape has defeated the great stubborn echidna.

Now that's just sad...

And this is something I never liked about Death Battles. The cheap wins the characters sometimes get and the fact that they're allowed to use environments to their advantage. Besides this one Batman VS Captain America and Darth Vader VS Doctor Doom are other examples.

Also, GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!!! IT'S THIS SAME SHIT AGAIN!!! THEY ALWAYS ONLY TELL US WHO ONE CHARACTER IS AND NEVER TELL US THE OPPONENT TILL LATER ANYMORE!!!

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

Now that's just sad...

And this is something I never liked about Death Battles. The cheap wins the characters sometimes get and the fact that they're allowed to use environments to their advantage. Besides this one Batman VS Captain America and Darth Vader VS Doctor Doom are other examples.

Also, GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!!! IT'S THIS SAME SHIT AGAIN!!! THEY ALWAYS ONLY TELL US WHO ONE CHARACTER IS AND NEVER TELL US THE OPPONENT TILL LATER ANYMORE!!!

It's rumored that Wolverine's opponent will be Raiden from Metal Gear Solid.

I loved how they used the DK Cartoon and Sonic Boom as references. 

Also, poor Knuckles,he just wanted something to eat. 

It's about time Wolverine shows up. I wonder who he's gonna fight. Some people are suggesting Baraka from Mortal Kombat.

"Wolverine vs Vega? Not only did the arcade machine in the background play Street Fighter 2, but it chose Vega for both players."-Emperor Palpatine

A new One Minute Melee if anybody's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbAgUzbhlMs

I guess the lesson here is 'Don't fuck with Nic Cage.'

Edited by Panzy
  • Brohoof 2

I heard Wolverine's opponent might be Bigby Wolf. But it hasn't been confirmed yet.

I loved how they used the DK Cartoon and Sonic Boom as references. 

Also,poor Knuckles,he just wanted something to eat. 

Also,also It's about time Wolverine shows up. I wonder who he's gonna fight. Some people are suggesting Baraka from Mortal Kombat.

"Wolverine vs Vega? Not only did the arcade machine in the background play Street Fighter 2, but it chose Vega for both players."-Emperor Palpatine

A new One Minute Melee if anybody's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbAgUzbhlMs

I guess the lesson here is 'Don't fuck with Nic Cage.'

That was was kickass. I'm glad Ghost Rider put that jerk in his place.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/12/2015 at 2:53 PM, Asbel Lhant said:

Indeed. Plus those Akuma battles were total BS. Kenpachi would rape Akuma hard. I mean REALLY Hard.

Honestly, I'm not much of an anime fan or a Street Fighter fan. So, I'm not sure of Akuma's power. But, I'm pretty certain that Ghost Rider would win. Because, according to Death Battle, Akuma has committed quite a lot of sins. And.......

"And there is no way that a Wraith with no Angelic weapons whatsoever and uses the complete opposite can kill a Spirit of Vengeance that is The Ghost Rider who in turn can destroy Scorpion's soul with his eyes. It's like Johnny Blaze has the eyes version of the Raging Demon technique. Scorpion can get as powerful as he wants within the Netherrealm, but it is not a factor against Ghost Rider who can't be hurt by anything that Scorpion throws at him as Scorpion has no Angelic weapons to use against him. The Penance Stare would fry Scorpion's soul because of all of his previous sins before he became the Wraith that he is today and not to mention that he killed Bi Han for a crime that he didn't commit. Scorpion can't kill Ghost Rider, but Ghost Rider can kill him and Ghost Rider is very tenacious, making this match up pretty straight-forward like Snake vs. Sam."-Alex Night

"If this was Death Battle Ghost Rider would've won. Why? Look at the Scorpion vs Ryu battle. Wiz and Boomstick said that Ryu's Raging Demon would've killed Scorpion if Ryu landed the attack. And the Raging Demon does the same thing as the Penance Stare - it uses the power of the opponents' sins to damage their souls. As we can see in this melee Ghost Rider could hit Scorpion with his Stare pretty easily."-Camillo1128

"Alright, I've seen some people say that the Penance Stare wouldn't work on Scorpion because "He regrets nothing."

That isn't what the Penance Stare is based on. It's based on "has this person committed sin" not "does this person regret his sins". I highly doubt Galactus, who eats planets to survive, regrets the things he's done and Ghost Rider can turn him into a sniveling baby with one stare.

Scorpion loses.

Edited by Panzy
  • Brohoof 1

Gaara vs Toph was the worst.

They jacked up Toph with their BS interpretations. Fixed the fight by making Gaara spam his chakra consuming moves with the worst version where his chakra was at its lowest point and screw the data we'll just make him be stupid.

No explanation of how bending can override and negate Gaara's chakra infused into sand control, it's just sand. Toph can sense Earth anywhere. That's really vague.

Toph can bend the gold dust in Gaara's sand. Metal bending doesn't bend metal, it only bends the unrefined earth impurities in the metal. Higher refined platinum in Legend of Korra shows that a metal bender can only bend metal if it has a minimum limit of impurities. Gold dust is small particles of gold with smaller amounts impure earth in each speck. Too small to bend many specks of gold dust at once. No one in the Avatar series has bended metal dust and we've only seen more solid forms with the smallest being coins.

If Gaara binds a person in a sand burial, they will be completely immobilized. Far greater than King Bumi was in that metal coffin which allowed his head to move. A completely immobile person wouldn't be able to bend.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 4

They jacked up Toph with their BS interpretations. Fixed the fight by making Gaara spam his chakra consuming moves with the worst version where his chakra was at its lowest point and screw the data we'll just make him be stupid.

No explanation of how bending can override and negate Gaara's chakra infused into sand control, it's just sand. Toph can sense Earth anywhere. That's really vague.

Toph can bend the gold dust in Gaara's sand. Metal bending doesn't bend metal, it only bends the unrefined earth impurities in the metal. Higher refined platinum in Legend of Korra shows that a metal bender can only bend metal if it has a minimum limit of impurities. Gold dust is small particles of gold with smaller amounts impure earth in each speck. Too small to bend a many specks of gold dust at once. No one in the Avatar series has bended metal dust and we've only seen more solid forms with the smallest being coins.

Not to mention the immense speed, strength, durability, and other general stats Gaara has over Toph. 

• Brohoof 3

On 8/12/2015 at 3:36 PM, Singe said:

Toph can bend the gold dust in Gaara's sand. Metal bending doesn't bend metal, it only bends the unrefined earth impurities in the metal. Higher refined platinum in Legend of Korra shows that a metal bender can only bend metal if it has a minimum limit of impurities. Gold dust is small particles of gold with smaller amounts impure earth in each speck. Too small to bend many specks of gold dust at once. No one in the Avatar series has bended metal dust and we've only seen more solid forms with the smallest being coins.

Personally, I think Pikachu vs Blanka was the worst. Such an insulting ending.

Edited by Panzy
  • Brohoof 1

Personally,I think Pikachu vs Blanka was the worst. Such an insulting ending.

Factpile did their own take on it and Pikachu actually beats Blanka due to Pikachu's electrical attacks is more powerful than what Blanka can resist, let alone other stats in his advantage. It just felt like a cheap filler battle for the sake of preparation for the Superman vs. Goku fight that aired after that.

If Gaara binds a person in a sand burial, they will be completely immobilized. Far greater than King Bumi was in that metal coffin which allowed his head to move. A completely immobile person wouldn't be able to bend.

Indeed. Screw Attack is biased against anime. In fact I heard it was even proven that they were. They probably just gave Guts the win against Nightmare just because they wanted an excuse to let an anime character besides Vegeta win one time. According to Soul Calibur lore, NOTHING can destroy Soul Edge but Soul Calibur. Yet they still had it be destroyed. Despite Guts' connection to an Astral Plane, even within the Astral Plane only Soul Calibur can destroy Soul Edge. And if Guts had picked up Soul Edge after the fight, he would have become a new Nightmare.

• Brohoof 1

Some Toph supporters were suggesting that Granny Toph would be able to sense Gaara like she could anyone in Season 4. I totally debunked that because she would need the tree in the swamp which has its roots extended all over the world to do that. Death Battle rules wouldn't allow outside help like that.

• Brohoof 3

Screw Attack is really frustrating to watch. Which is why I don't. Glad too after reading about Gaara and Toph. Now I like Toph but I would have preferred two fair judges. 

Need we mention the BS that was both Goku vs Superman videos? In what world does that greasy haired bag of BS beat Goku? 

• Brohoof 1

Both actually.

While Goku should lose, I still think their reasoning behind it was complete shit.

I've never had a problem with characters using the environment to their advantage unless there was no way for the losing character to lose the way he did. That was the case with Vader. Even tho the outcome was correct, the fact is Doom's armor is just way too OP and the Force (somehow) can't touch it, meaning Vader's greatest weapon was useless. In Batman's case, using the environment is a staple to any of his fights, both in and out of DB because that's just how he fights.

Bear in mind that the animation sequence of the fight is merely for show and entertainment tho. It shouldn't reflect on what (SA's opinion of) the outcome is. In Doom's and Batman's cases, the outcomes were correct, and I would say the same for this one. What's more is that in all these cases, the reasonings were also right afaik.

Screw Attack is really frustrating to watch. Which is why I don't. Glad too after reading about Gaara and Toph. Now I like Toph but I would have preferred two fair judges. 

Need we mention the BS that was both Goku vs Superman videos? In what world does that greasy haired bag of BS beat Goku? 

The reasoning was bad but Superman winning was the correct outcome.

• Brohoof 1

No....it wasn't. Superman can't do half the stuff Goku can. 

Even if we were to say just put them on equal footing, like say we just put them at the same level of power. Goku would still win, why? Technique. Superman is never really shown learning how to fight or any martial arts. Goku knows several he's been training in them since he was a kid. Fighting someone of equal power but with less Knowledge? He wins. 

Superman has been beaten several times in contests of pure power in his own Canon. Wonder Woman Tanked a point blank heat Vision and shoved it back into face. Wonder Woman spared with him and it turns out, in a fight. She's faster. Superman can run faster, but he doesn't have the Reflexes of a Warrior. Goku can fight at FTL speeds. 

Deaths. When superman has been killed/Beaten it's often by being bludgeoned. The only times Goku has ever died, has been through self-Sacrifice. 

No...Superman does not win. Not in this fight. It's just too unequal. 

Even if we were to say just put them on equal footing, like say we just put them at the same level of power. Goku would still win, why? Technique. Superman is never really shown learning how to fight or any martial arts. Goku knows several he's been training in them since he was a kid. Fighting someone of equal power but with less Knowledge? He wins. 

Superman has been beaten several times in contests of pure power in his own Canon. Wonder Woman Tanked a point blank heat Vision and shoved it back into face. Wonder Woman spared with him and it turns out, in a fight. She's faster. Superman can run faster, but he doesn't have the Reflexes of a Warrior. Goku can fight at FTL speeds. 

Deaths. When superman has been killed/Beaten it's often by being bludgeoned. The only times Goku has ever died, has been through self-Sacrifice. 

Superman knows two kryptonian martial arts and is taught by Batman, Earth's best martial artist, to fight so Superman is much more skilled than you think. 

There's also a fight where Superman straight up beats Wonder Woman while holding back and she acknowledges she can never beat him. Superman holds back alot in his fights due to how immensely strong he is.

Here's a problem with the whole 'can't fight at FTL combat speeds' as it is a combat speed fallacy. If he's able to move and fly at such speeds, he can react and move in a fight just as well. Even if he couldn't, Superman can just travel from point a to point b, grab Goku's leg and use his superior movement speed to go into that direction and use the force of that speed to toss him into an object or so for effect, or better yet he can just straight up turn himself into a missile and hit him at such speeds and than quickly run from the fight and repeat the process again. 

We have plenty of feats to show Superman can move and fight at FTL speeds like him punching at femtoseconds.

Goku has a much bigger record of dying than Superman does only for a dragon to come and rez him despite technically breaking the old rule of not allowed to make the same wish twice. Doesn't matter if he self sacrifices himself when he still got killed by things.

It is unequal, but it is against Goku rather than Superman.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

I watched Death Battle a few times, the only videos i remember are Superman vs Son Goku and Starscream vs Rainbowdash.

I found the videos and the battles good and also the fact, that they count reasons and explain why one character won. So its fine by me whoever wins because they have their reasons.

But im not really watching death battle more often because i dont know a lot of the characters their using or i simply dont care about them.

But the comment sections on this videos  :lol:  God thanks, im not a fanboy and dont care if my favourite gets beaten. Its just an unofficial fight..thats it. But some people are going soooooo crazy about it. :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 1

lol Starscream vs Rainbowdash is only amusing, because the G1 fanboys somehow forget that G1 Starscream is a pussy. Even Prime Starscream is tougher.

tbh, DK winning was kinda out of left field, from what it seemed like. It really did seem like they were gonna give Knuckles the win, but I guess since comics weren't included, it's not surprising.

And I had a feeling Ghostrider was gonna stomp Scorpion, since he's a perfect character who could pull it off.

Edited by Zhortac
  • Brohoof 2

I too used to think this. But the thing is alot of anime fans don't realize just how powerful Superman is.

Superman can easily move the Earth(literally) and has actually held a black hole(which is vastly more impressive) in his hand. He benched the weight of the Earth for five days without having the Sun to power him up. Superman is actually so much stronger than Goku that it isn't even funny...Superman has also survived multiple Supernovas to the face. Goku on the other hand dies from a planet exploding. Even if he DOES get yet another SSJ Form there's still no sense in making another video of them fighting. I love Goku but no amount of Super Saiyan multipliers will ever put him on par with Superman. He's horrifically outmatched against Superman. Superman's much faster, physically stronger, and has the durability to deal with his attacks.

Darkseid can wipe beings from existence with his Omega Beams. And I learned lately that he's technically a god as well. That puts him well above Frieza. Also, Cell killed Goku with self-destruction. Superman would have easily been able to tank that. He's survived much worse. Also, Superman killed an army of Doomsday clones with just his heat vision.

In terms of physical strength, Goku is not even half as strong as Superman. And durability goes to Superman again because he's survived things that Goku has been shown to be killed by. And has survived things way beyond that too even.

In terms of energy output, they're both ridiculously strong. Even if Goku can put out more power than Superman, it'd never be enough to kill him.

Speed? Goku has Instant Transmission but that requires concentration. Goku's flight speed might be faster than light, but Superman has been shown to fly many times faster than the speed of light(and yes, he can fight at those speeds too). Let's say I was generous and said Goku was on par in terms of speed with Superman.

In the end, Goku has nothing in his bag of tricks that could kill Superman. Superman just needs to outlast him(and yes, he can). Goku's most powerful attacks do tire him quickly and Supes would be able to tank it all. The fact is, Superman is just that durable.

Superman is far more durable than steel. That was just a nickname. He's destroyed a moon(not our moon) just by punching it. He's (again I have to say this) tanked a supernova. The force behind that is unimaginably larger than any planet busting technique seen in DBZ. Goku hasn't been shown to be able to move planets around or bench them. In his base state, Goku struggled with much less than 100 tons. Let's pretend Goku could lift 1,000,000 tons in his base state(which he has shown to be unable to do).

Super Saiyan 4 gives his base state a multiply of 4000. (50 for SS1, 2 for SS2, 4 for SS3, 10 for SS4) That still only puts him at 4 billion tons. Supes wouldn't break a sweat with that amount of weight. 6 sextillion >>>> 4 billion. There's no foundation for Goku being as physically strong as Superman. Unfortunately for Goku, he doesn't have a speed advantage either. Superman moves several times the speed of light and can fight at those speeds. Even if Goku was as fast as him, he doesn't have any strength advantage whatsoever.

And I learned that Superman actually usually holds back in nearly every single fight he's in. His comics wouldn't be interesting if he flew to the Sun to charge up and then came down to obliterate his enemies by backhanding them into oblivion. Nobody would read Superman comics if he just simply one-shotted everyone. Also, Superman can lift pyramids, move planets, moved giant gears that dwarf the Earth, and benched the Earth's wait for five days without a recharge.

Goku is a lot cooler as a character and I DO like him just a bit more than Superman but Superman is just ridiculous in terms of strength. The ending of the Death Battle video states it perfectly, Superman has no limits but Goku is all about breaking his own limits.

And even if you neglect the black hole thing, Superman still has more impressive feats. Moving planets on multiple occasions? Check. Surviving the most powerful observed universal phenomena? Check. Benching the Earth's weight for five days without the help of the Sun? Check. Moving faster than the speed of light? Check.

Superman is many times physically stronger than Goku. He's also a hell of a lot more durable. Mathematically, Goku is incapable of matching Superman. Even if Goku could put out more energy and if he was faster than Supes as well, he'd still be out of luck.

In base form, Goku can't even lift 1000 tons. He struggles with only 40 which is not even the weight of a blue whale. Even if we pretended that 4000 tons was the limit of his strength, he'd still max out at 4 million tons with SSJ4. Not even 1% of Superman's strength. Then there's durability. An exploding planet is enough to kill Goku even at SSJ1. With the multipliers of his other transformations, that would never be enough to equal the power of even one Sun. (which Superman can survive and has survived easily).

• Brohoof 2