gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

You know that if Gaara stood on water, a tree or certain things, Toph would lose sight of him.

The practitioner must always be in direct contact with solid earth to use the sense at all and the ability only detects things if they are in contact with the same mass of earth the user is contacting, or made of earthen materials. Non-earthen objects floating in water or thrown into the air are undetectable, unless by extrapolation from the detected positions of the launching point.[15] If the user is in the air or water, or even standing on a non-earth solid such as ice or wood, the bender will be unable to sense anything through that substance.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Seismic_sense#Limitations

Actually contradicted by canon and direct showings. Even in her first fight, Toph was smacking projectiles out of the way that were being directed at her. If it's earth, she can sense it, regardless of its position relative to her.

• Brohoof 1

While Alucard probably wouldn't be killed by conventional means, I don't think he can handle being thrown to a star or having the planet he's on being blown up by Superman's shear strength.

In the last episode, he got killed by using some sort of vampire-god mode paradox. This casused him to re-surface after 30 years, alive and kicking. Also the amount of powers Alucard has rivals the likes of Superman, I dont see why not?

Edited by SunsetMaster
  • Brohoof 1

In the last episode, he got killed by using some sort of vampire-god mod paradox. This casused him to re-surface after 30 years, alive and kicking. Also the amount of powers Alucard has rivals the likes of Superman, I dont see why not?

While I agree Alucard is rediculous, his problem is is that he's facing against a guy who can destroy the planet he's on and leave him helpless to the lack of gravity, or if Superman wanted to, he can do what Thor did to Raiden and throw him to the Sun and leave him stranded there for a BFR.

• Brohoof 1

In the last episode, he got killed by using some sort of vampire-god mod paradox. This casused him to re-surface after 30 years, alive and kicking. Also the amount of powers Alucard has rivals the likes of Superman, I dont see why not?

As always, it depends on the version of Superman that you're using. As I have come to understand, there's always a more broken Superman for any situation. Always.

• Brohoof 2

While I agree Alucard is rediculous, his problem is is that he's facing against a guy who can destroy the planet he's on and leave him helpless to the lack of gravity, or if Superman wanted to, he can do what Thor did to Raiden and throw him to the Sun and leave him stranded there for a BFR.

He is a vampire that is immortal either way, there is probably some rule that he can live in space or something, and he is power is uunbound by some catholic seal, so... I dont know. Both of them have no real limits, also Goku although I root for him in the death battle, he is a unworthy opponent for Superman, and I am talking about Alucard fighting the same Superman from both of those battles also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=472mUJ_sncA

He is a vampire that is immortal either way, there is probably some rule that he can live in space or something, and he is power is uunbound by some catholic seal, so... I dont know. Both of them have no real limits, also Goku although I root for him in the death battle, he is a unworthy opponent for Superman, and I am talking about Alucard fighting the same Superman from both of those battles also this:

No limits is really just a fallacy set up by people who are poor at debating, and reinforced by Wiz and Boomstick. A character may have limitless potential, but every character limits are quantifiable in some way or another. You just have to go through the trouble of finding out how...

• Brohoof 2

No limits is really just a fallacy set up by people who are poor at debating, and reinforced by Wiz and Boomstick. A character may have limitless potential, but every character limits are quantifiable in some way or another. You just have to go through the trouble of finding out how...

Alucard has one weakness, and its that he thinks that only men can kill monsters, and only monsters can be killed by man, this makes him reckless, that and well, he 'died' because of the vampire god mode paradox, so yeah, he has no tangible weakness other than his battle mentality also, he would need his master's permission to go all out, and he goes saying that 'true immortals dont exist'. so yeah he has some sort of weakness.

See clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K8wRHbef1Q

Edited by SunsetMaster
  • Brohoof 1

I got an idea.

Superman 64 vs Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis/Batman Forever SNES/Terminator 2 SNES

A battle of the awful controls.

death_battle_idea__4_bad_games_by_crazyt

Edited by Mystery
  • Brohoof 2

So, any idea who they got pegged to face Wolverine? I'm thinking Hawkman. I heard somewhere that he's immortal. 

And is anypony else getting tired of these partial fight announcements? What is the point? How does traffic to their Twitter and Facebook help things? It just ruins the hype for the fight. Instead of a video intro sequence to parallel Wolverines, we get a announce via text on a webpage. 

• Brohoof 1

Actually contradicted by canon and direct showings. Even in her first fight, Toph was smacking projectiles out of the way that were being directed at her. If it's earth, she can sense it, regardless of its position relative to her.

In the first fight, Toph was using her seismic sense in conjunction with her patience and developed keen sense of hearing.

However, because Toph was dependent on vibrations in the earth, she was vulnerable to air-based attacks, as shown in her fight with Aang in Earth Rumble VI. Later, Toph was completely surprised by Sokka dropping a large belt on her head.[1] Her success rate in intercepting projectiles was also tied to her sensing of vibrations, being able to feel an opponent's movement, and proceeding accordingly. By her own admission, she could not aim properly at opponents while they were airborne.[37]

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Toph_Beifong#Earthbending

This "Earth Sense" is too vague. Any projectiles we see her handle is generally the result of her keen hearing and seismic sense.

The ability isn't explained in-depth and she's mainly been reliant on the seismic sense for her to have all the info. She can't locate Gaara's flesh body with it, just sand around her. What happened in the fight was just DB's own runaway interpretation of that vague ability.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Toph vs Garaa. Assuming an even battlefield and both are the same age. It seems an even fight. I think it comes down to tactics. Can toph bend sand that's being used in chakra techniques? Maybe....the sand in his gourd? No, it's too his. Now a neat trick for Garaa would be to put sand under her as that would screw up her seismic sense.

Alucard vs. superman

Does Alucards abilities count as magic? If so then he can hurt supes. Plus he could probably use his powers to block the sun. It all depends on who controls the battlefield and Alucard IS a battlefield.

• Brohoof 1

Toph vs Garaa. Assuming an even battlefield and both are the same age. It seems an even fight. I think it comes down to tactics. Can toph bend sand that's being used in chakra techniques? Maybe....the sand in his gourd? No, it's too his. Now a neat trick for Garaa would be to put sand under her as that would screw up her seismic sense.

Gaara would still have better reaction time. Toph's reaction time relies strongly on her seismic sense and familiarity to movement styles. Gaara can fight by barely moving using mental control and she has no concept of hand signs unless it's the same attack. Her reaction to a number of his attacks would be cutting it really close at max.

In the Yakone Flash Back it took Toph about 7+ seconds to react to what was going on and he didn't move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vhNe-Q8pc6s#t=169

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

I can't recall how fast Toph was, but based on how fast I've seen them Sign on Naruto. Your right. The only way to overcome that would be if Toph moved first, and created an all around barrier. Even then, Gaara (sorry for the incorrect spelling earlier) would still be able to cut or slice through anything short of very hard stone or Metal. 

Screwattack should just keep anime out of DB, since any time an anime character losses, there's a massive bitch fit about it.

• Brohoof 1

I can't recall how fast Toph was, but based on how fast I've seen them Sign on Naruto. Your right. The only way to overcome that would be if Toph moved first, and created an all around barrier. Even then, Gaara (sorry for the incorrect spelling earlier) would still be able to cut or slice through anything short of very hard stone or Metal. 

When it comes down to it, Toph would not be able to keep up with all of Gaara's sand attack speeds. He can attack at any angle from any distance. Not to mention that he's multitasking on a level greater than she could handle.

Edited by Singe

It's possible she was reading the vibrations coming from the assailants preparing to throw and merely calibrated the distance and timing of the projectiles thrown. Gaara can stay afloat in the air on a bed of sand if he wanted to and attack though.

Other than that my point wasn't that but Gaara has way more advantages that haven't been considered in that fight.

Edited by cider float

Alucard vs. superman Does Alucards abilities count as magic? If so then he can hurt supes. Plus he could probably use his powers to block the sun. It all depends on who controls the battlefield and Alucard IS a battlefield.

Alucard's abilities are not magic based, or so I think, Alucard is a just a OP killer, he is more of a better person to fight then Goku. Why Alucard is broken, too OP for his own good. Those two are perfect for a fight, Goku just seems under-handed as a opponent to fight with...

list of powers (Alucard):       

Immortality
Invulnerability
Ultimate Regeneration
Superhuman Senses
Superhuman Speed
illusions (with shadows)
Superhuman Strength
Intangibility
Defiance/Manipulation of Gravity
Shapeshifting
Invisibility
Occult Knowledge
Teleportation
Telepathy
Hypnosis
Sharpshooting Skills
Summoning of Familiars
Creation of Fledgelings
Advanced Combat
Memory Absorption (Through Victims' Blood)
High Resistance to Most Vampire Weaknesses
Omnipresence (with Schrödinger's Powers) Spontaneously Appear and Disappear at Will
Unable to be Killed as Long as He Wills It

List of powers (Superman)

Solar energy absorption

Superhuman Strength

Invulnerability

Superhuman speed

Flight

Healing-factor

Super-stamina, endurance, durability, agility and reflexes

Super-senses

Super-intelligence

Super-memory

Multilingualism

Telekinesis

Longevity

Solar-Flare (New 52)

• Brohoof 1

We're talking about who would be a good opponent for Alucard? How bout Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler?

Also another good choice, he would be my second choice for it so yeah, and that guy is formidable so yeah. And were talking a 'good' opponent for Superman, Alucard is my first choice

Edited by SunsetMaster
  • Brohoof 1

I've watched the entire show and no there was no implications that Toph was anything fast.

There's a thing called powerscaling. King Bumi certainly displayed impressive speed among other feats when he literally kicked the fire nation out of Omashu. He and Toph later fought each other to a stalemate. Perhaps you don't know this because you've only watched the show but haven't read any of the comics? Toph has other feats in them as well.

• Brohoof 2

>Wolverine vs Raiden

Oh gawd, this has "this one is going to be shit" written all over it.

At first I thought they had decided to re-use someone other than Batman...It was too good to be true...

• Brohoof 2

It's possible she was reading the vibrations coming from the assailants preparing to throw and merely calibrated the distance and timing of the projectiles thrown. Gaara can stay afloat in the air on a bed of sand if he wanted to and attack though.

Other than that my point wasn't that but Gaara has way more advantages that haven't been considered in that fight.

Toph was using the seismic sense in conjunction with her acute hearing. The entire fight shows what she was actually using to counter their attacks.  Not to mention that she's familiar with these fighters and has beaten them repeatedly.

Toph's reaction speed in most of her fights hinges on her seismic sense and hearing. Familiarity to fighting styles helps because all bending uses them. Her defenses are not perfect.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

There's a thing called powerscaling. King Bumi certainly displayed impressive speed among other feats when he literally kicked the fire nation out of Omashu. He and Toph later fought each other to a stalemate. Perhaps you don't know this because you've only watched the show but haven't read any of the comics? Toph has other feats in them as well.

Comics aren't canon doesn't matter what the writers say.

Original source.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2