gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Who would win?

Darth Nihilus

OR

Princess Celestia?

Darth Nihilus as the guy was able to life wipe an entire planet using the force to life absorb it. Celestia has no noted defense against this mode of attack or against other force powers.

Here's a one minute melee of Luffy vs. Naruto. Note this is a one minute melee so no research involved.

• Brohoof 1

Who would win?

Darth Nihilus

OR

Princess Celestia?

Don't know much about Nihilus, but pretty much everybody worth noting in Star Wars is some various degree of relativistic or FTL, so equal to or faster than Celestia. Celestia herself has some mind resistance feats, but she doesn't really have anything to protect her from the kind of hax most Star Wars characters have.

...On the other hand, if Celestia breaks the speed tie, Nihilus gets wrecked with a fury, since Stars Wars characters durability are pretty piss poor in comparison to their offensive capabilities. Just saying.

Here's a one minute melee of Luffy vs. Naruto. Note this is a one minute melee so no research involved.

Apparently...Naruto only went one tails. I think they were only using pre-timeskip, probably for both of them. If that's the case, I could actually see Luffy pulling out a win here, believe it or not.

• Brohoof 2

Don't know much about Nihilus, but pretty much everybody worth noting in Star Wars is some various degree of relativistic or FTL, so equal to or faster than Celestia. Celestia herself has some mind resistance feats, but she doesn't really have anything to protect her from the kind of hax most Star Wars characters have.

...On the other hand, if Celestia breaks the speed tie, Nihilus gets wrecked with a fury, since Stars Wars characters durability are pretty piss poor in comparison to their offensive capabilities. Just saying.

Apparently...Naruto only went one tails. I think they were only using pre-timeskip, probably for both of them. If that's the case, I could actually see Luffy pulling out a win here, believe it or not.

Is those mind resistance feats from that Fiendship comic involving Nightmare Moon?

• Brohoof 1

Darth Nihilus as the guy was able to life wipe an entire planet using the force to life absorb it. Celestia has no noted defense against this mode of attack or against other force powers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAe8Nwjl5T4&feature=em-uploademail

About time this fight happened. It really should've been a Death Battle instead of a One Minute Melee but at least we finally got it.

Though I'm quite certain Naruto would murder Luffy. With help from his fox demon Naruto can throw a 100 ton rhino and destroy a small continent. Luffy's Conqueror's Haki would not affect Naruto due to his strong will and Naruto would easily be strong enough to break through his Armament Haki. And Luffy's 2nd and 3rd Gears don't match the power of Naruto's demon and have a much bigger drawback. Namely the 3rd Gear. Luffy honestly doesn't stand a chance.

Also I actually like Luffy more than Naruto so no bias here.

• Brohoof 2

Is those mind resistance feats from that Fiendship comic involving Nightmare Moon?

Yes, actually. Just by himself, one of the beings that lived on the moon managed to disrupt the dreams of a city full of ponies. But the entire group working together couldn't break into Celestia's head until she expended most of her magic saving the rest of the ponies.

Of course,directly after that, she had a fight on the mental plane with Nightmare Moon, and still managed to win despite being weakened.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, actually. Just by himself, one of the beings that lived on the moon managed to disrupt the dreams of a city full of ponies. But the entire group working together couldn't break into Celestia's head until she expended most of her magic saving the rest of the ponies.

Of course,directly after that, she had a fight on the mental plane with Nightmare Moon, and still managed to win despite being weakened.

That's actually an impressive feat, enough to easily withstand Nihilus's planetary level life absorption powers for a time at least. This mu is alot more even than I believed.

Edited by Nuke87654

About time this fight happened. It really should've been a Death Battle instead of a One Minute Melee but at least we finally got it.

Though I'm quite certain Naruto would murder Luffy. With help from his fox demon Naruto can throw a 100 ton rhino and destroy a small continent. Luffy's Conqueror's Haki would not affect Naruto due to his strong will and Naruto would easily be strong enough to break through his Armament Haki. And Luffy's 2nd and 3rd Gears don't match the power of Naruto's demon and have a much bigger drawback. Namely the 3rd Gear. Luffy honestly doesn't stand a chance.

I came here to tell you this happened

too late

Can I ask everyone here for a small favor? To those of you who have a Youtube account can I ask all of you to please comment on the latest One Minute Melee and request Dracule Mihawk VS Seijuro Hiko please? Even if it's just a One Minute Melee instead of a Death Battle I want this fight SO BAD...

Can I ask everyone here for a small favor? To those of you who have a Youtube account can I ask all of you to please comment on the latest One Minute Melee and request Dracule Mihawk VS Seijuro Hiko please? Even if it's just a One Minute Melee instead of a Death Battle I want this fight SO BAD...

Sorry Mate, I already casy my vote for Sora vs. Shulk

Sorry Mate, I already casy my vote for Sora vs. Shulk

You do realize that you can comment with your request on the latest Death Battle on youtube and comment with mine on the latest One Minute Melee right?

You do realize that you can comment with your request on the latest Death Battle on youtube and comment with mine on the latest One Minute Melee right?

i did mine on both of them. Sorry...

They used Naruto at the start of Shippuoden (sp?) I'm guessing cause he was able to control the One Tail at that point. And Luffy after his time Skip. Well that is after the time Skip for both series so...can't blame them for doing that. 

Thing is Naruto at the end of the Manga has kinda plateaued in terms of strength. As far as we know because their isn't anymore, for now at least. While Luffy has just beaten one of the most built up enemies in the manga. And he won't stop there. Yes Naruto at the end of the Manga, could probably wipe the floor with Luffy as he is now. But I have no idea what he'll be capable of at the end of the manga. 

Off topic. 

So re-watching some DBZ and I noticed something. At the end of the Namak saga they make the wish. to Bring back all the people killed by freiza and his men. Does that mean they brought back EVERYONE ever killed by them? Because....wouldn't that mean the Sayians were brought back to? 

• Brohoof 1

They used Naruto at the start of Shippuoden (sp?) I'm guessing cause he was able to control the One Tail at that point. And Luffy after his time Skip. Well that is after the time Skip for both series so...can't blame them for doing that. 

Thing is Naruto at the end of the Manga has kinda plateaued in terms of strength. As far as we know because their isn't anymore, for now at least. While Luffy has just beaten one of the most built up enemies in the manga. And he won't stop there. Yes Naruto at the end of the Manga, could probably wipe the floor with Luffy as he is now. But I have no idea what he'll be capable of at the end of the manga. 

Off topic. 

So re-watching some DBZ and I noticed something. At the end of the Namak saga they make the wish. to Bring back all the people killed by freiza and his men. Does that mean they brought back EVERYONE ever killed by them? Because....wouldn't that mean the Sayians were brought back to? 

Major Plot hole found Notachangling

The problem with asking who'd win against Celestia, is that...we don't even know what Celestia is capable of, thanks to Larson's stupid idea of having her barely do anything, and not having her in the show that much.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia is not omnipotent as proven from her loss to Queen Chrysalis and her being wounded by Nightmare Moon. She is apparently capable of very strong magic though as proven by when she was able to cast a spell to repel Discord's magic in order to prevent him from hiding the Elements of Harmony again. We also know that she has the power to raise the sun and that she can also perform attack magic as shown from what few fights she was in. Unless she starts performing more feats though I don't see her appearing in Death Battle anytime soon as the research that can be done on her is pretty limited at this point.

• Brohoof 1

The rhino throw was actually in sage mode rather than KCM1, so that wasn't even his strongest form at the time. And his strength feats become far more significant when he achieves Six Paths Sage Mode along with everything else. Also, if you've seen The Last, Naruto's CQC skills are even better than they were in the war arc (although his SPSM isn't as strong due to not having Hagoromo's chakra, but it's stronger than anything else he had before his fight with Kaguya). Either way, the version of Naruto used in OMM would realistically still annihilate current Luffy. His Conqueror's Haki also doesn't hold a candle to Itachi's genjutsu, and Naruto was able to somewhat resist Itachi's regular genjutsu in base form. By scaling, Naruto should even be able to overcome Tsukuyomi as he is now, and Luffy's Haki isn't even close to that.

Comics aren't canon doesn't matter what the writers say.

Original source.

The comics are a collaboration between Gene Yang and Bryke. Therefore, you're wrong. Comics are canon.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

I prolly said this already but the OMM character select list hints at which characters they'll pair up in the future. I'm calling it now.

Jotaro vs Kenshiro (realistically, Jotaro should stomp by Star Platinum speedblitz, time stop and ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA but OMM can make this interesting)

Ryu vs Jin Kazama (defo hyped about this seeing as Jin Kazama is my main in Tekken)

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

The rhino throw was actually in sage mode rather than KCM1, so that wasn't even his strongest form at the time. And his strength feats become far more significant when he achieves Six Paths Sage Mode along with everything else. Also, if you've seen The Last, Naruto's CQC skills are even better than they were in the war arc (although his SPSM isn't as strong due to not having Hagoromo's chakra, but it's stronger than anything else he had before his fight with Kaguya). Either way, the version of Naruto used in OMM would realistically still annihilate current Luffy. His Conqueror's Haki also doesn't hold a candle to Itachi's genjutsu, and Naruto was able to somewhat resist Itachi's regular genjutsu in base form. By scaling, Naruto should even be able to overcome Tsukuyomi as he is now, and Luffy's Haki isn't even close to that.

The comics are a collaboration between Gene Yang and Bryke. Therefore, you're wrong. Comics are canon.

No they're not. That means anything approved by DC Comics could also be considered canon. If you can't stick with a rule such as only original source material than people can keep pulling sources from stickers to movies to be canon. The thing is, the whole versus deal is not even in the jurisdiction of any of these companies that create fictional character we pit against each other. But there should be a general rule that all fans should follow otherwise we can just pull sources out of our ass just to say your character is stronger.

Sticking with original source will keep everything fair so nobody can include or exclude parts of media to win a versus when it's convenient.

Edited by cider float

No they're not. That means anything approved by DC Comics could also be considered canon. If you can't stick with a rule such as only original source material than people can keep pulling sources from stickers to movies to be canon. The thing is, the whole versus deal is not even in the jurisdiction of any of these companies that create fictional character we pit against each other. But there should be a general rule that all fans should follow otherwise we can just pull sources out of our ass just to say your character is stronger.

Sticking with original source will keep everything fair so nobody can include or exclude parts of media to win a versus when it's convenient.

The only non-canon chapters in the comics are "Gym Time" and "New Recruits" as they conflict with the canon of the show itself and is classified as a bonus story respectively. Everything else doesn't come into conflict with the show's canon.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/22091/what-printed-materials-from-avatar-the-last-airbender-are-canonical

Also, denying the canonicity of The Promise, The Search and The Rift implies you deny everything that lead up to the creation of Republic City. That contradicts your own logic as Republic City exists within the show's canon.

The bottom line is: don't deny the canonicity of material you don't like or agree with.

As such, Toph vs Bumi did happen.

Edited by Galen

The only non-canon chapters in the comics are "Gym Time" and "New Recruits" as they conflict with the canon of the show itself and is classified as a bonus story respectively. Everything else doesn't come into conflict with the show's canon.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/22091/what-printed-materials-from-avatar-the-last-airbender-are-canonical

Also, denying the canonicity of The Promise, The Search and The Rift implies you deny everything that lead up to the creation of Republic City. That contradicts your own logic as Republic City exists within the show's canon.

The bottom line is: don't deny the canonicity of material you don't like or agree with.

As such, Toph vs Bumi did happen.

Once again nope. Different sources contradict each other so setting a general consensus on original source being the one and true way of gauging the character's abilities is the way to go.

From the link I sourced:

- Yang was contracted to write three graphic novels to serve as a direct sequel to the original series.

- Mike and Bryan have been involved from the very beginning. We had a couple of phone conversations where they gave me ideas that eventually made it into the scripts. They’ve read over every outline and every script that I’ve written.

This evidences that the comics are canon.

Also, these discussions indicate there's no reason to exclude the comics from canon apart from the two stories I mentioned (Gym Time and New Recruits).

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=22181.0

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Are_the_Comics_canon%3F

Keep staying in denial if you wish, but the fact remains that the original creators were involved with the comics as well.

Edited by Galen

Okay, I figured Doom would win, but why did Vader have to be chumped so badly?

Why couldn't they have at least given him some sort of "last laugh" (like when Sombra cursed the Empire right before he could be banished, or when Discord planted those Plunderseeds just in case the Elements affected him)?

From the link I sourced:

This evidences that the comics are canon.

Also, these discussions indicate there's no reason to exclude the comics from canon apart from the two stories I mentioned (Gym Time and New Recruits).

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=22181.0

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Are_the_Comics_canon%3F

Keep staying in denial if you wish, but the fact remains that the original creators were involved with the comics as well.

Regardless it cannot be treated as canon in a versus situation as said before what one can rely on for information would be found in the original source otherwise we can say everything we've seen in Superman video games is what he can do in a fight.

Anyways Wolverine vs. Raiden (MGS) is the next fight. I have no clue what Raiden can do but it seems Raiden's defense is weak compared to Wolverine. In terms of strength though Raiden trumps in that department.

EDIT: The high frequency sword that Raiden is using might be the key to giving him the edge but not sure how well it's frequency will work on adamantium bones.

Edited by cider float