gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Based on my comparison Megaman does lose in a straight fight because Astro Boy is a good bit stronger, faster and more durable.

From what I understand Megaman has better tech/weapons though.

Show me your calcs then since you're so confident.

The major issue with this, outside love and tolerance most definitely not being  a mission statement of the entire fandom; it's called Death Battle. Characters have to die; it's quite literally their number one rule for these encounters.

You can really blame DB's piss poor fact checking for this. There's actually several different forms of Starscream, most of them having varying sets of power, and quite a few of them being able to completely trash Rainbow (See G1 Underbase  Starscream or Transformers Prime to see what I mean). However, it seems they not only stuck exclusively to G1, they used the G1 cartoon, in which Starscream was little than a whiny, over glorified jet. Given those circumstances, it would've been easy for Rainbow Dash to win, even if it wasn't legitimate.

I've said a few times before, that G1 Starscream is easily the one of the weaker ones (not counting the TF vs GI Joe Starscream). Let's face it, any other Starscream, would've made Rainbowshit a stain on the wall, with Cybertron Starscream obliterating Rainbow Dash and everything around them without even trying. Not to mention Animated Starscream can't die, since he has an allspark fragment imbeded in his head. And, since that DB was before Prime, any other Starscream but G1 would've been massively unfair.

Fair enough, tho they still horribly downplayed Megaman's feats (see spoiler).

A better match would be Zuko vs Roy Mustang tbh, tho I'd probably have that in DB than OMM since they're more comparable than Ace and Natsu with relation to Zuko.

I'm going to side with Roy Mustang for the win. He has the quicker draw and power that can instant kill Zuko before he can bend with a snap of his finger. If allowed to carry a weapon then Roy can use a pistol. He has military experience.

There is the trick that Roy can manipulate the density of oxygen through transmutation which allows him to change the power of a fire attack.

Edited by Singe

The major issue with this, outside love and tolerance most definitely not being  a mission statement of the entire fandom; it's called Death Battle. Characters have to die; it's quite literally their number one rule for these encounters.

You can really blame DB's piss poor fact checking for this. There's actually several different forms of Starscream, most of them having varying sets of power, and quite a few of them being able to completely trash Rainbow (See G1 Underbase  Starscream or Transformers Prime to see what I mean). However, it seems they not only stuck exclusively to G1, they used the G1 cartoon, in which Starscream was little than a whiny, over glorified jet. Given those circumstances, it would've been easy for Rainbow Dash to win, even if it wasn't legitimate.

Hence why I prefer ERB. At least over there, we get to decide who wins for ourselves and watch the others fight it over in the comments section. 

And that is not really a good basis tbh. I believe he should be using a modified version of a Gatting gun, seeing how they are out of this world, it should have been more advanced than today's version which is specifically designed to combat fast moving fighter jets with sheer volume of fire. We're talking about a massive spray of bullets all over the sky where the gun is pointing. RD should have taken at least a hit. But, people still argue that he had piss poor aim, fair enough. However, RD should have broken at least some bones when Starscream whacked her for he is made of metal, and we all know the effect of that on a living body. 

Then, there is the missile scene at the last part. Given their close proximity, RD would not have any time to react the moment he fired those. She still had time to shout OMG and gain the momentum to fly away, which should not be possible since they are so close to one another and it would take the missiles mere seconds to get to her. 

I firmly think that the Death battle guys base their results on majority votes given to characters in their website. Probably always going with the bigger fandoms for more popularity. 

You're forgetting that, 99% of the time, Starscream couldn't hit Autobots that were 30-50 times bigger than Rainbow Dash. Most of the time his aim was good, was either shooting his Null Ray, or hitting a Dinobot.
Besides, do I even need to say again, that Starscream got his ass kicked by GEARS...

Yeah that fight was completely rigged in RD's favor. I'm sorta glad she won though. Cuz Starscream is so pathetic. He's such a loser.

Why did they mix so many versions of Superman against Goku though? Why couldn't they pick just one? That's like if they mixed Kid Goku with Z Goku or put different versions of Starscream up against RD.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to side with Roy Mustang for the win. He has the quicker draw and power that can instant kill Zuko before he can bend with a snap of his finger. If allowed to carry a weapon then Roy can use a pistol. He has military experience.

There is the trick that Roy can manipulate the density of oxygen through transmutation which allows him to change the power of a fire attack.

He can also aim his flame attacks to the point he can burn his foes eyes as he showed against Envy. In fact, the fight against envy in FMA Brotherhood is a good demonstration of Roy Mustang's attack prowess.

Edited by Nuke87654

Yeah that fight was completely rigged in RD's favor. I'm sorta glad she won though. Cuz Starscream is so pathetic. He's such a loser.

Why did they mix so many versions of Superman against Goku though? Why couldn't they pick just one? That's like if they mixed Kid Goku with Z Goku or put different versions of Starscream up against RD.

Well if they were trying to get lots of views and positive feedback it worked. Bronies infest youtube.

Well if they were trying to get lots of views and positive feedback it worked. Bronies infest youtube.

That's true. If RD had lost to Starscream there probably would've been even more angry fans than when Goku lost to Superman.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

That's true. If RD had lost to Starscream there probably would've been even more angry fans than when Goku lost to Superman.

Actually I think it would've been accepted as such as Starscream was the expected favorite considering it was a well known giant robot from a well known franchise facing off against a pony pegasus from a relatively new show who had budding peripheral fandom but nothing to be overly concerned for if she lost. In fact, it can be said that Rainbow Dash's surprising victory over Starscream helped the brony fandom to grow larger as seeing a pony from a girl show kick a giant robots ass was a sight to see. I know it motivated me to give the show a try.

The US special forces vs the UNSC space marines?

Regardless at how bad Bungie screwed up in researching for weapons for a future setting, generally anything set in the future fiction > modern day real life equivalent.

Actually I think it would've been accepted as such as Starscream was the expected favorite considering it was a well known giant robot from a well known franchise facing off against a pony pegasus from a relatively new show who had budding peripheral fandom but nothing to be overly concerned for if she lost. In fact, it can be said that Rainbow Dash's surprising victory over Starscream helped the brony fandom to grow larger as seeing a pony from a girl show kick a giant robots ass was a sight to see. I know it motivated me to give the show a try.

Regardless at how bad Bungie screwed up in researching for weapons for a future setting, generally anything set in the future fiction > modern day real life equivalent.

Good point.

Also this fight SO needs to happen...

g9zsnvi.png

• Brohoof 1

I really know this makes sense and adheres to the topic, and i would like to know who would win in a battle.

Prophet from crysis, or Master Chief from halo. I honestly want to know.

They're two different franchises, atleast.

Prophet has a nanosuit and chief has the mjolnir armor.

What about The grim reaper from real life versus Headless Horseless Horsemann from TF2?

That would be interesting to say the least.

What about The grim reaper from real life versus Headless Horseless Horsemann from TF2?

That would be interesting to say the least.

UNSC space marines?

Tho this reminds me of something that I thought about some time ago. How would either Agent Carolina or Texas from Red vs Blue hold up against Master Chief given he has adequate weaponry to deal with either of their AI. If Epsilon is OP, perhaps the version of Carolina from Project Freelancer arc would be a better match for Master Chief?

Put RD against Cybertron Starscream. I want to see how anyone would justify her getting obliterated by a Starscream that is universal, since he absorbed part of Primus' power.

Good point.

Also this fight SO needs to happen...

sig-4215902.g9zsnvi.png

That would be an awesome battle :sneer:

Though I Imagine they'd make it a 1 minute melee.. which makes sense considering there was a Naruto vs. Luffy fight as well as the recent Roronoa Zoro vs. (Some other guy, who's name I forget) so It'd make more sense for It to keep to the 1 minute..

Although, the next 1 minute melee is going to have Sasuke Uchiha in it :P

At least I'm pretty sure it's him..

But yeah..

Edited by AURAequine

I'm still waiting for Kenshin VS Zoro and Little Mac VS Ippo Makonouchi. Weren't we suppose to have already gotten those?

If you're talking about One Piece Zorro he would mess Kenshin up. Zoro could take tons of cuts and not die and his striking power is ridiculous. 

If you're talking about One Piece Zorro he would mess Kenshin up. Zoro could take tons of cuts and not die and his striking power is ridiculous. 

Yes I am. It was scheduled to be a one minute melee eventually.

Yeah Zoro pretty much destroys Kenshin...Even pre-timeskip does...It works as a One Minute Melee but not as a Death Battle.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Aaaaaaaaaand it's here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClcOa0W-TS4

That was so awesome. I've been waiting for this one forever. I was rooting for Kenshin but I'm ok with the fact that Zoro won since that's how it should be. Kenshin really should've been allowed to use his Kuzuryusen and his Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki though.

Put RD against Cybertron Starscream. I want to see how anyone would justify her getting obliterated by a Starscream that is universal, since he absorbed part of Primus' power.

Technically, that would be using outside help, so banned by DB rules. This, though;

Ten years later, Starscream was resurrected by the alien Alpha Q using the power of Energon, sans his memories, with the intent that he destroy Optimus Prime and Megatron both. But Megatron was able to harness Unicron's power and even further mindwipe Starscream, transforming him—ironically enough—into his most loyal soldier in the war for Energon. When Megatron hurled himself into an Energon sun to entrap Unicron's spark, Starscream plunged into the star alongside his leader, and was believed dead. However, in 2030, when the sun collapsed into a black hole, Starscream and Megatron were freed, and Starscream—his mind now his own once more—had a new ambition: to take leadership of the Decepticons for himself.

Is under Starscream's own power. He survived this, which pretty much all the overkill you need for this match.

In keep with the avatar, Ghost Rider vs. Spawn. That would be an awesome fight between two characters with similar concepts, though I'd lean towards Ghost Rider winning considering her was able to stand up to the Hulk at the Hulk's strongest.

Or, if you want something funny, Ghost Rider vs. Kratos just to give Kratos even more of a beatdown after his fight with Spawn. I'd love to see what the Penance Stare does to him.

I'd suggest the Spectre, if I'm keeping to theme, but the Spectre is honestly the most powerful of the "Agent of Vengeance" lot. It really wouldn't be much of a fight regardless of who was fighting him.

• Brohoof 1

My most wanted Death Battles:

Aquaman VS Namor The Submariner
Killer Croc VS The Lizard
Kingpin VS Bane
Discord VS Bill Cipher

My most wanted One Minute Melees:

Ichigo Kurosaki VS Inuyasha
Portgas D. Ace VS Zuko
Cell VS Meruem

Off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1