gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Indeed. It's true that Goku will likely attain more Super Forms in the future. But it's still dumb for people to think that Goku can beat Superman. For a long time I was ignorant of just how powerful Superman was. And even if you neglect the black hole feat, and the fact that Superman has fought more powerful beings than Goku has such as the 5th Dimensional Imps and Beyond Universal Level villains like Mandrakk, Superman still has more impressive feats. Moving planets on multiple occasions, Surviving the most powerful observed universal phenomena, Benching the Earth's weight for five days without the help of the Sun, And moving faster than the speed of light.

Overall I feel like if Screw Attack had mentioned these things in place of the false claims it might've set the DBZ fanboys straight about why Superman is more powerful than Goku. Cuz the 2 main reasons they used were false. The book of infinite pages did not have infinite weight. And Superman also did not successfully lift Eternity. In fact he was never seen leaving the ground. Then again if I know DBZ fanboys maybe not...

It's not that Goku can't beat Superman the overlying truth is that there are just certain incarnations that he can't beat. There are weaker incarnations where Superman's powers doesn't go overboard.

Edited by Singe

It's not that Goku can't beat Superman the overlying truth is that there are just certain incarnations that he can't beat. There are weaker incarnations where Superman's powers doesn't go overboard.

That's true. I mean even Saiyan Saga Goku would beat Golden Age Superman and the Superman from the live action movies. And Namek Saga Goku would beat the Justice League Cartoon Superman. And with Goku's newest form, Pre-Crisis Superman, Cosmic Armor Superman, and Superman Prime 1 Million are the only versions of Superman that can even stand up to Goku.

• Brohoof 1

And interestingly upon doing further research it seems it actually was correct for Kirby to beat Majin Buu. The reasoning they used behind it was complete bullshit though. Majin Buu would've stopped his own attack easily if it was fired back at him. He wouldn't have even needed to teleport out of the way. And he's survived this kind of attack time and time again. But according to Screw Attack it makes perfect sense just because he couldn't stop the spirit bomb. And he actually DID stop the spirit bomb at first. He stopped it dead in it's tracks. And do you know what was in that Spirit Bomb? All the energy of the Earth, New Namek, The Solar System and even the freaking Spirit World. And Goku had to have his energy restored with the DragonBalls and go Super Saiyan just to have enough power to push that spirit bomb into Buu to kill him.

It would've made alot more sense to use Ghost Kirby instead and have him possess Buu and then make him fly into the sun. And mention his more impressive feats like being able to crack open a planet with one punch and how he destroyed stars with his sword like he did in the manga. Cuz being fast enough to run on water like they said for example is a feat that really doesn't mean shit compared to a DBZ character.

• Brohoof 1

Metal Sonic VS Bowser Junior? Really? This is such a stomp in Metal Sonic's favor it's not even funny...But I am glad that the fight actually did turn out to be a stomp in Metal Sonic's favor cuz that was how it should've been. Also I liked how they gave him Cooler's voice actor. That was a nice touch.

As expected, due to how much stronger Digimon get as they evolve compared to the far less incremental increases of Pokemon evolution, added benefit of Charizard depending upon Red for commands while Tai and Agumon's more equal relationship has allowed more independent decisions to be made, and Tai's willingness to directly fight his opponents if Agumon is in danger compared to Red not having to deal with such battles in being a good x factor in the fight, it made sense for the decision in this.

By the way, despite the title, it's actually Red and Charizard for team Pokemon vs. Tai and Agumon of Team Digimon.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

As expected, due to how much stronger Digimon get as they evolve compared to the far less incremental increases of Pokemon evolution, added benefit of Charizard depending upon Red for commands while Tai and Agumon's more equal relationship has allowed more independent decisions to be made, and Tai's willingness to directly fight his opponents if Agumon is in danger compared to Red not having to deal with such battles in being a good x factor in the fight, it made sense for the decision in this.

By the way, despite the title, it's actually Red and Charizard for team Pokemon vs. Tai and Agumon of Team Digimon.

Wow Tai is a fucking sore loser and cheater...I guess the result was correct though.

I know it was an obvious win but ouch on my childhood  :(

EAUroXi.jpg

And here's something to help mend and restore our childhoods:

NKDsEV0.png

• Brohoof 1

After looking some shit up, I'm not surprised.
Shame, if it was Alain, it might of went differently, and even caused Tai to lose, since Alain's Charizard makes Red's look like a pussy.
Although, Charizard has was outclassed anyway by alot of shit from gen 3, when ORAS came out, including Blaziken.

I'm almost wondering, since they had the Cloud vs Link fight, if people bought Cloud in Smash, just to have their own lol.

Woot! Digimon won! I may have started with Pokemon but I'm sorry, Digimon was the way more kickass show growing up for me. Red maybe the better and more mature strategist, but Tai was more gutsy and functioned better with Agumon as a team. Red wants to save the world in route to becoming the best Pokemon trainer. Tai just wants to save the world period. Which responsibility and priorities came first was pretty damn key. Forget fairness and maturity. My friend is getting assaulted on, it's no longer a sport or a contest, it's a fight for survival.  

Survival? Tai was being a douche. WarGreymon wasn't even being hurt by any of those attacks, and he knew it. It was GG for Red's Charizard, the moment he digivolved into WarGreymon. He didn't need to run up and attack Red.

Red's Charizard had more than 4 moves in its arsenal.

For the result, Tai hitting Red to rile up the Pokemon fans is just salt on the wound. Real truth is that Blast Burn has a recharge setback preventing the Pokemon from doing anything for a short time and WarGreymon did believably tanked it. The fight was over after that.

Edited by Singe

I didn't know much about Digimon but after I saw what that thing could do I was wondering how the heck was Charizard going to back that up. Also they seemed to have used the strongest version of Charizard they could find which should be against the rules but still lost.

I didn't know much about Digimon but after I saw what that thing could do I was wondering how the heck was Charizard going to back that up. Also they seemed to have used the strongest version of Charizard they could find which should be against the rules but still lost.

And why should that not be allowed exactly? Just curious. Considering Greymon is stronger than Charizard it wouldn't have been fair to not use the strongest Charizard.

Wait, so doesn't this mean that Charzard is now 0-2 in Death Battles?

You know what I don't get? Why is it that they put so much effort into some Death Battles and give them great animation and choose to halfass other ones using only sprites for animation?

Time? Resources? The revenue they get off the sprite ones (if any) is probably how they pay for the CG animated ones. 

• Brohoof 1

Wait, so doesn't this mean that Charzard is now 0-2 in Death Battles?

Time? Resources? The revenue they get off the sprite ones (if any) is probably how they pay for the CG animated ones. 

Yep, Charizard is now 0-2 in deathbattle.

Strongest?

No, that's wrong. Red's is good, but not the strongest Charizard in the entire pokeverse. Alain's outdoes it, considering his held his own against Primal Groudon for a good while, until Primal Kyogre got a cheap shot.

Some of my match up ideas.

Mr. T as Bosco Albert from A-Team vs Roadblock from GI JOE

Original Hanna Barbara Superhero battle royale for who's the strongest single one. Birdman, Space Ghost, etc.

SWAT Kats vs Starscream

Would anyone care to enlighten me on exactly why Starscream VS Rainbow Dash even happened? I mean what exactly do these 2 even have in common? Only thing I can think of is that they're both selfish, obnoxious and arrogant asses.

Then again maybe this is why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Would anyone care to enlighten me on exactly why Starscream VS Rainbow Dash even happened? I mean what exactly do these 2 even have in common? Only thing I can think of is that they're both selfish, obnoxious and arrogant asses.

Then again maybe this is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

Biggest reason, they wanted to throw a show of support to the budding Brony fandom so they decided to have Starscream throw the fight so they can show just how awesome FIM's ponies are. It's one of the biggest reasons why I love the show.

• Brohoof 1

Biggest reason, they wanted to throw a show of support to the budding Brony fandom so they decided to have Starscream throw the fight so they can show just how awesome FIM's ponies are. It's one of the biggest reasons why I love the show.

Sounds right.

Also, These Death Battles NEED to happen next season/next year:

Aquaman VS Namor The Submariner

Antman VS The Atom

Brainiac VS Ultron

Black Cat VS Catwoman

Deadshot VS Bull's Eye

Darksied VS Thanos

Galactus VS Unicron

Kingpin VS Bane

Killer Croc VS The Lizard

Mister Fantastic VS Elongated Man