gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Just finished beating Turok Remastered and I'm left wondering if anybody has done any job of profiling their abilities, mainly because Turok in the game seemed to move very fast, perhaps at peak to low superhuman level speed, has loads of weaponries that are very impressive, including BFG Wannabe Fusion Cannon and a weapon that makes even the mighty BFG 9000 look like a piece of crap in the Chronoscepter, and considering he faces a guy who sought universal domination with a powerful army at his helm, I feel that Turok should get some respect thread or so.

Edited by Nuke87654

I thought one of Superman's weaknesses was his endurance and his solar energy storage. If he gets too tired out even his durability will wane, his durability is only strong as long as he has the will to fight this is how Doomsday killed him anyway. Superman's solar energy storage is finite, meaning he can run out and have to go back to soaking up sun rays. No doubt the fight with Doomsday pushed a lot of his energy out of him that he became weak.

Of course it's still really hard to tire out Superman, you would have to be near equal to his strength to bring him to bear. 

On a completely different note I don't take crossovers seriously and so shouldn't Death Battle.

Venom overpowering Superman? Give me a break.

Sounds right. And that must be one of those inconsistent badly written comics. It was probably made by the same people who made that comic where Wolverine beat Lobo and that comic where Superman fought and beat the Hulk but then said: "It took me everything I had". Either way that comic appears to be fake.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

Sounds right. And that must be one of those inconsistent badly written comics. It was probably made by the same people who made that comic where Wolverine beat Lobo and that comic where Superman fought and beat the Hulk but then said: "It took me everything I had". Either way that comic appears to be fake.

I don't think Superman can "easily" beat the Hulk but he can still beat the Hulk.

You said you didn't think Superman could easily beat the Hulk. So I posted a picture proving that he can.

Well that crossover is an example of bullshit, Superman would win but it won't happen that quickly.

Superman would get into a brawl realize it's futile to do so then do an Infinite Mass Punch or throw Hulk into space.

I've seen that scan a billion times anyway.

Edited by cider float

It won't surprise me much if they end up making yet another Death Battle between Goku and Superman. Because that last one leads me to believe that they want all the controversy as well as money that they can possibly get. The first Death Battle was at least epic. But the 2nd one was just downright insulting to Goku. Especially how he lost by having his brain fried. That right there leads me to believe that they're just trying to troll and piss people off now. And it made no sense how Superman beat him more easily this time than he did the first time. Chances are even if they did make yet another fight between them they would just have Superman win again with their same excuse being: "Goku will always have limits while Superman's maximum potential is limitless". Though technically this is true. If you've read the comics you'll know what I mean. While this is not normally the case if you look at the later versions of Superman in the comics such as Superman Prime 1 Million and Cosmic Armor Superman it's actually 100% accurate about Superman's power having no limits. But Goku is always breaking his own limits. Akira Toriyama is gonna have to cook up something really farfetched for Goku to be able to beat these versions of Superman.

• Brohoof 1

So after seeing the latest RWBY episode:

I bet screwattack is probably embarrassed to see how Yang lost an arm to a wall level combatant. Meaning a single punch from Tifa, who can toss giant mechs like it's nothing, can obliterate her. I'm still laughing at how obviously biased as fuck screw attack was in that mu.

• Brohoof 1

So after seeing the latest RWBY episode:

I bet screwattack is probably embarrassed to see how Yang lost an arm to a wall level combatant. Meaning a single punch from Tifa, who can toss giant mechs like it's nothing, can obliterate her. I'm still laughing at how obviously biased as fuck screw attack was in that mu.

Wall Level is fucking impressive to those fools. Because for some unknown reason they think smaller destructive capacity is better than larger destructive capacity. As shown by how they had Link beat Cloud when Cloud is Planet Level and Link is only Continent Level at best. And how they had Toph beat Gaara even though Toph is Building Level while Gaara is at least Forest Level and at best City Level. And I think it's safe to say that they have bias against Megaman since Megaman didn't beat Astroboy and Wily didn't beat Eggman.

Talk about false labeling. Poor Jr. never stood a chance against SMBZ Mecha Sonic. 

Technically One Minute Melees can go either way since no research is done but I am glad Mecha Sonic won because that's how it should be. And as much as I wanted Kenshin to beat Zoro I knew he was realistically fucked.

• Brohoof 1

Wall Level is fucking impressive to those fools. Because for some unknown reason they think smaller destructive capacity is better than larger destructive capacity. As shown by how they had Link beat Cloud when Cloud is Planet Level and Link is only Continent Level at best. And how they had Toph beat Gaara even though Toph is Building Level while Gaara is at least Forest Level and at best City Level. And I think it's safe to say that they have bias against Megaman since Megaman didn't beat Astroboy and Wily didn't beat Eggman.

Technically One Minute Melees can go either way since no research is done but I am glad Mecha Sonic won because that's how it should be. And as much as I wanted Kenshin to beat Zoro I knew he was realistically fucked.

To be fair for them on Dr. Eggman, he would likely win considering how oped as fuck Metal Sonic is compared to everyone else they picked for their team. As for Megaman though, they did lowballed his strength as that castle was much heavier actually. Still not sure if megaman should've won. As for the rest though, yea it was bs how those battles went.

To be fair for them on Dr. Eggman, he would likely win considering how oped as fuck Metal Sonic is compared to everyone else they picked for their team. As for Megaman though, they did lowballed his strength as that castle was much heavier actually. Still not sure if megaman should've won. As for the rest though, yea it was bs how those battles went.

That's true. I think I can actually forgive them for getting that one wrong because that's a really close match up. Wily's inventions are nothing to sneeze at either. And actually Megaman should've won. Because they used classic Megaman who was far weaker. Megaman was later planet level even without weapons. I don't think they've ever lowballed anyone this much before. This is like if they had made Saiyan Saga Goku fight Superman. This is probably their most rigged fight yet believe it or not.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@cider float, If you want to see fights between people who don't have similar traits or things in common try looking up Super Beat Down. Those people seem to like to do those kinds of fights. They did Spider-Man VS Darth Maul and other crazy fights that don't really make any sense.

Oh wait I get it now. According to Screw Attack this is what tier all fictional characters are in:

Most powerful: DC characters' Marvel characters' Metal Gear characters' RWBY characters.

Really powerful: Nintendo and Sega characters

Powerful: Anime characters

A bit powerful: Mortal Kombat characters

Not powerful at all: Street Fighter characters, and Final Fantasy characters

And these in a nutshell are the minds of the so-called experts known as Wiz and Boomstick who are just biased fanboys and trolls...

• Brohoof 1

To be fair, Marvel and DC have quite a few, overpowered as fuck characters.
Anime doesn't have too many, probably a small handful, but their fanboys overglorify them hard.

• Brohoof 1

To be fair, Marvel and DC have quite a few, overpowered as fuck characters.

Anime doesn't have too many, probably a small handful, but their fanboys overglorify them hard.

That is all very true.

But on another subject I've been waiting to do this for along time now so I'm going to explain why Gaara should've won against Toph. And I'm going to break down FACTS. What I'm about to do is point out all the bullshit about Toph and explain facts about why Toph could not possibly ever win in a fight against Gaara.

Let's start off by examining ScrewAttack's claims for why Toph would win.

Claim #1:

"Toph can sense earth in the air so she can always tell were Gaara's attacks are coming from."

No dumbasses. Being able to detect an attack is one thing. But being able to actually block/avoid it is another. Having 360 degree vision is definitely advantageous but Neji Hyuga is the same way and he already exists in the show. His reflexes and speed are all way above Toph's and he sure as hell would not have been able to beat Gaara...It doesn't mean much when your opponents attacks operate at a level of power and speed you've never shown to be able handle. Additionally, Gaara later fights primarily in the air in the Death Battle video. Among other things, this gives him a much better view of the battlefield, meaning he'll also be able to see and intercept any attack Toph can throw at him. This isn't an advantage for Toph, In fact it's completely a disadvantage for her and Gaara the being the one gaining the upper hand...

Claim #2:

"Gaara's sand is still sand, so Toph would be able to control it. And Gaara's sand contains gold, which gives Toph even more bending options."

They assume that Toph is capable of controlling living sand. And it's made very clear in the avatarverse that bending an element that is "living" is extremely difficult and requires much practice. And considering they admitted that the spirit of Gaara's mother was in his sand I assumed she'd do something to help Gaara in the fight before it started but no I guess they thought that would be outside help...But realistically what should've happened is Toph would struggle trying to bend Gaara's sand because it would try to tug against her due to Gaara's mother's will to protect him. This is proof of how biased these idiots are.

Claim #3:

"Gaara always keeps himself covered in his sand armor, so Toph can always sense where he is.  His armor uses up large amounts of chakra and Toph could use it to crush him."

BULLSHIT. There are SO many problems with this...

1. Later on in the series Gaara has been shown to have very large chakra reserves and capable of using successive large scale attacks and taking heavy damage without succumbing to exhaustion. They provided no good evidence to suggest that Gaara would be tired out before Toph, or that Toph even had the means to pierce through Gaara's automatic sand shield. So there is no way Toph could kill Gaara by crushing him with his own sand armor.

2. Just because Toph can sense the location of earth in the air doesn't necessaraly mean that she can sense fine details like shape, so she would have no real way to distinguish between Gaara and the sand he's standing on. Even if we give her the benefit of the doubt, he could still easily throw her off with sand clones since she's blind and solely relying on her other senses.

3. Gaara has been shown to be decently smart and tactical throughout the series. If he were ever facing another opponent with geokinetic abilities, it's really not a stretch to say that the first thing that would pop into his head is the sand armor surrounding his body, especially since he specializes in crushing attacks.  It stands to reason that he would remove it, if he was even wearing it in the first place.

4. Gaara's gourd sand is literally programmed by his mothers soul to protect him at all costs. As I previously mentioned, bending spirit possessed elements is very different from bending normal elements.

5. They seem to be assuming that Gaara couldn't simply fly out of Tophs range for some stupid reason. Even granting her the ability to detect earth in the air, though she has never shown to be able to detect to airborne earth from much more than fifty feet away. And Gaara would definitely have a major advantage at a distance.

And here's the rest of the bullshit about this fight. For some unknown reason they assume Toph has the raw power and speed needed to be able to deal with Gaara's attacks. And the truth of the matter is she doesn't even have THAT...

Early in the series, Gaara fights a character named Kimimaro, who's bones are stronger than tempered steel. Gaara traps him in a sand coffin, and he admits that if he had not grown an additonal layer of bone of armor to protect himself, then he would have been crushed. Also worth mentioning that he was also forced to go into stage one of the curse mark transformation, already gives a boost to base durability. Gaara traps him in a sand coffin, and he admits that if he had not grown an additional layer of bone of armor to protect himself, then he would have been crushed. Also worth mentioning that he was also forced to go into stage one of the curse mark transformation, already gives a boost to base durability. And this was PAST Gaara too I'll state again. And he doesn't even come close to future Gaara.

So them thinking Toph being able to easily survive Gaara's sand coffin with metal armor is absurd and completely asinine...

Also, Gaara now possesses "magnet release" which allows him to control metal now too. In other words, Gaara can now crush Toph in her own metal armor without even using sand. How do you like that ScrewAttack? Doesn't feel good getting burned having your blatant bias exposed does it?

Even ignoring this, Gaara's sand could have still easily slipped through any openings in the metal armor and killed her right then and there. There would have to be openings in order for her to not suffocate.

And for even more reasons why Toph should not be able to defend against Gaara's attacks. We all know that Gaara is capable of manipulating a massive amount of sand at once. He can even stop a meteor and block a nuclear explosion with it. His sand is strong enough to do even that kind of shit. Is Toph strong enough to match that? I don't think so...The amount of energy required to manipulate such a large amounts of earth already places him at a level of power far beyond anything Toph has ever faced. Since Gaara's sand manipulation is ultimately just chakra control, there's no reason for why he shouldn't be able to place this much force behind his attacks. This is supported by the fact that with a tiny amount of sand, he is able to physically restrain Sage Mode Madara, the same guy who was easily able to knock all the tailed beasts flat on their asses.

And besides Gaara's basic substitution that he could've used to avoid the move she used to kill him in the fight there's also sand clones as I stated before in another post. He also has many Chakra natures that she can't counter. They didn't even bother to mention those things and only gave him credit for having powerful sand attacks. He also should've been allowed to use Shukaku as I stated before.

And even if we were generous and said that Gaara's sand has gold in it and she can bend it, how exactly does that provide Toph with an advantage? There isn't any evidence that she can apply more force to metal than she can to sand. Not to mention that whether or not she could control his sand in the first place is extremely questionable, as I've mentioned above about Gaara's mother's spirit being in it.

As if this wasn't enough evidence, Gaara can attack and bury his opponents under a giant sand tsunami, terraforming the forest around them into a desert in the process. He can also use a giant sand burial that spans over the entire area he terraformed.

Point it is after reading all this it should be obvious that Gaara not only beats Toph. But absolutely destroys her.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

Toph loses because of two simple facts.

1. Toph does not have super reactive speed compared to Gaara. Her reactive capabilities relies heavily on reading attacks she's familiar with using tremor sense and hearing, aka hence being able to counter a majority of moves. She did get caught off guard by blood bending in LOK.

2. Metal Benders do not bend metal. They only bend the impurities in that metal and the show does mention an idea minimum size limit of impurities. Gold dust with its impurities would be too small and too sparse to bend. Also no one bended metal dust in the shows or comics, so they're just making this one up folks.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

It won't surprise me if they do Prince Zuko VS Portgas D. Ace eventually.

And have Zuko win.

For the same bullshit reason they had Toph beat Gaara.

Because Ace's body is made of fire so Zuko can just bend his body to destroy him herp derp.

It won't surprise me if they do Prince Zuko VS Portgas D. Ace eventually.

And have Zuko win.

For the same bullshit reason they had Toph beat Gaara.

Because Ace's body is made of fire so Zuko can just bend his body to destroy him herp derp.

They have a sneak peak of the next deathbattle up and it is:

Dante vs. Bayonetta. Oh and she apparently is allowed to use her summons, meaning Dante is screwed, and Cloud fans are going to be pissed.