gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

That was close and epic just like I knew it would be. I really thought Green Arrow would win though.

Slightly pissed, not because Green Arrow should have won, but because he lost to Hawkeye. As in, Hawkeye, the absolute failure/ most useless Avenger to ever be conceived. Its embarrassing; like Lex Luthor vs Iron Man, but legitimate.

• Brohoof 2

Slightly pissed, not because Green Arrow should have won, but because he lost to Hawkeye. As in, Hawkeye, the absolute failure/ most useless Avenger to ever be conceived. Its embarrassing; like Lex Luthor vs Iron Man, but legitimate.

To be fair this really WAS a close match though. These two are probably two of the most evenly matched fictional characters in history so it's a really tough call to make for that reason. In terms of skill comparing these two is like comparing Mace Windu to Count Dooku.

Also I hear we're getting Charizard VS Greymon next. All I know is that I'm gonna be rooting for Charizard.

Charizard would take half-damage from any of Greymon's Fire attacks. I don't know if Greymon has similar protections. Mega Charizard in with his Fire/Dragon typing will take only 1/4 damage from any of Greymon's Fire Attacks. Of course WarGreyMon's metal claws are Super Effective against Dragon Digimon which would also affect a Mega Charizard Fire/Dragon.

Anyone excited as I am for the next Death Battle? Charizard vs Greymon! Personally I'm siding with Greymon

(Maybe some personal bias, SORRY!)

Charizard would take half-damage from any of Greymon's Fire attacks. I don't know if Greymon has similar protections. Mega Charizard in with his Fire/Dragon typing will take only 1/4 damage from any of Greymon's Fire Attacks. Of course WarGreyMon's metal claws are Super Effective against Dragon Digimon which would also affect a Mega Charizard Fire/Dragon.

As much as I want Greymon to win, being the Digimon fan I am, I think as hard as it is for me to say this Charizard will win.  

(Since it looks like Charizard will be mega evolving... unless Greymon also digivolves then I have no clue who would win) 

Anyone excited as I am for the next Death Battle? Charizard vs Greymon! Personally I'm siding with Greymon

(Maybe some personal bias, SORRY!)

As much as I want Greymon to win, being the Digimon fan I am, I think as hard as it is for me to say this Charizard will win.  

(Since it looks like Charizard will be mega evolving... unless Greymon also digivolves then I have no clue who would win) 

Gotta take into account flavor text about Charizard.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2

Since he can use Seismic Toss Charizard can lift up to 1 ton.

Not saying Charizard can win, but it's the kind of trick DB pulls.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

Gotta take into account flavor text about Charizard.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2

Since he can use Seismic Toss Charizard can lift up to 1 ton.

Not saying Charizard can win, but it's the kind of trick DB pulls.

Fair enough point I did in fact forget about that x3

Who's you vote for then?

If it comes down to Red's Charizard vs Ty's Greymon, it'll just be who can out hax who.
Both have OP hax at pushed against the wall times.

• Brohoof 1

Don't be mad because I put it up first.

What are you even talking about? I was just letting them know.

It's too bad Death Battle never puts characters from the same series up against each other anymore. There are some really good fights they could do.

What are you even talking about? I was just letting them know.

It's too bad Death Battle never puts characters from the same series up against each other anymore. There are some really good fights they could do.

Of course not. The Kanto starters fight was too much of a fair and balanced video for their tastes, they can't do that....

Of course not. The Kanto starters fight was too much of a fair and balanced video for their tastes, they can't do that....

I'm talking about other stuff not just Pokemon. There's tons of options for same series fights.

Mace Windu VS Count Dooku

Broly VS Perfect Cell

Turles VS Lord Slug

Master Roshi VS General Tao

Android 16 VS Super Android 13

Saito Hajime VS Aoshi Shinomori

Nightmare Moon VS Queen Chrysalis

And the list goes on

I'm talking about other stuff not just Pokemon. There's tons of options for same series fights.

Mace Windu VS Count Dooku

Broly VS Perfect Cell

Turles VS Lord Slug

Master Roshi VS General Tao

Android 16 VS Super Android 13

Saito Hajime VS Aoshi Shinomori

Nightmare Moon VS Queen Chrysalis

And the list goes on

I know, I was picking fun at the fact they have some kind of quota to make their fights, as unfair and unbalaced as possible, and throw in one that's not. But they have minimize that, by making sure they're not in the same universe :P

They should start doing Death Battles between characters that are opposites of each other. So far it's always been characters similar in something but from different franchises.

I have to disagree with that. It's more interesting if they're similar. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. And well in a way they kinda already have. The only thing Mario and Sonic have in common is that they're both mascots of a company. And the only thing Tails and Luigi have in common is that they're both sidekicks to the main character. And there's more too but I can't name any others off the top of my head.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

One thing I do wonder is if both fighters will be allowed to use non-named attacks outside their established moveset. Greymon has been known to use grappling moves on his opponent and throw them. This hurts Pokemon who could in theory do it but their 4 moves limit prevents them from doing so like Charizard biting without needing to use a move slot.

Edited by Singe

Hawkeye is far from useless when these ten made it onto the team.

With opposites it could show just how much they try to change the situation towards their favor and would be interesting to watch.

Also I can't take feats of video game characters in video games very seriously and honestly they pull that stuff out in Death Battle unfairly. If we consider everything happening in a video game to be feats then even Harley Quinn can beat Superman.

If this was based on the characters in a story Harley Quinn would have died at 0:05.

The thing about the logic in video games is that it places rules that make it so it's playable and is not reflective of the characters in a story.

Edited by cider float

Anyway, Now that Dragon Ball Super has aired, Goku's feats are apparently enough to rival Superman's. His fight with Beerus shook the entire universe. Fans are probably gonna be demanding yet another rematch. Which I sort of hope we don't get because it will most likely also result in World War 3...

Anyway, Now that Dragon Ball Super has aired, Goku's feats are apparently enough to rival Superman's. His fight with Beerus shook the entire universe. Fans are probably gonna be demanding yet another rematch. Which I sort of hope we don't get because it will most likely also result in World War 3...

It just needs to stop. It's gotten to the point of being annoyingly stupid now.

• Brohoof 1

It just needs to stop. It's gotten to the point of being annoyingly stupid now.

Indeed. It's true that Goku will likely attain more Super Forms in the future. But it's still dumb for people to think that Goku can beat Superman. For a long time I was ignorant of just how powerful Superman was. And even if you neglect the black hole feat, and the fact that Superman has fought more powerful beings than Goku has such as the 5th Dimensional Imps and Beyond Universal Level villains like Mandrakk, Superman still has more impressive feats. Moving planets on multiple occasions, Surviving the most powerful observed universal phenomena, Benching the Earth's weight for five days without the help of the Sun, And moving faster than the speed of light.

Overall I feel like if Screw Attack had mentioned these things in place of the false claims it might've set the DBZ fanboys straight about why Superman is more powerful than Goku. Cuz the 2 main reasons they used were false. The book of infinite pages did not have infinite weight. And Superman also did not successfully lift Eternity. In fact he was never seen leaving the ground. Then again if I know DBZ fanboys maybe not...

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Indeed. It's true that Goku will likely attain more Super Forms in the future. But it's still dumb for people to think that Goku can beat Superman. For a long time I was ignorant of just how powerful Superman was. And even if you neglect the black hole feat, and the fact that Superman has fought more powerful beings than Goku has such as the 5th Dimensional Imps and Beyond Universal Level villains like Mandrakk, Superman still has more impressive feats. Moving planets on multiple occasions, Surviving the most powerful observed universal phenomena, Benching the Earth's weight for five days without the help of the Sun, And moving faster than the speed of light.

Overall I feel like if Screw Attack had mentioned these things in place of the false claims it might've set the DBZ fanboys straight about why Superman is more powerful than Goku. Cuz the 2 main reasons they used were false. The book of infinite pages did not have infinite weight. And Superman also did not successfully lift Eternity. In fact he was never seen leaving the ground. Then again if I know DBZ fanboys maybe not...

I really don't care if Goku ever gets some magical super power that can one shot Superman, or not...it's just annoying now. It's like hearing about stupid politicians, who want to recount votes fifty times, until they magically win. They had two fights, it's over and done. It's time to move on from that mess of a fight.

Besides, it's not like ScrewAttack isn't unfair to DBZ, since they let Vegeta survive being beaten down by Shadow's overpowered bullshit powers, and obliterate him.