Adding Maud Pie to our choices of favourite pony.

Sigma

A lot of people liked Maud Pie when she appeared in My Little Pony. She's very unique in a sense that she's very bland compared to most of the show's colourful ponies, and therefore sticks out. I believe a lot of people would agree with me when I say that Maud Pie should be added to the choices of ponies you give us in the 'Best Pony' section of our profile page.

• Brohoof 6

Yeah sure, I'm totally for this. I know since the episode Maud Pie has been gaining a lot of fans. Although Twilight Sparkle is and always will by my waifu favorite, I support this for those that want to select Maud Pie. I couldn't imagine a world where I wasn't given the option to select Twilight Sparkle as my favorite. D:

• Brohoof 2

No.

PLEASE no.

I am 110% against this.

Any specific reason? I mean, think of it like this. According to your profile, your favorite pony is Trixie. Now, what if you couldn't pick Trixie? Wouldn't that suck? That's kind of what all these Maud Pie fans are feeling. I would feel worse if I couldn't pick Twilight Sparkle as my favorite.

(edited)

Any specific reason? I mean, think of it like this. According to your profile, your favorite pony is Trixie. Now, what if you couldn't pick Trixie? Wouldn't that suck? That's kind of what all these Maud Pie fans are feeling. I would feel worse if I couldn't pick Twilight Sparkle as my favorite.

We don't have Coco, we don't have Flim/Flam, we don't have Cheese Sammich, and they have just as many fans. How is this one so special?

...Plus I just straight-up don't like her, LOL

Edited by Hans Krebs

(edited)

We don't have Coco, we don't have Flim/Flam, we don't have Cheese Sammich, and they have just as many fans. How is this one so special?

Because she was requested? I haven't seen anyone requesting Coco or Cheese. I didn't even know Flim and Flam had fans, lol.

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she should be excluded. It's just a simple request.

Plus, you never answered my question.

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she should be excluded.

img-2479255-1-33383-139151-opinions1jpg-

I shall leave this where it stands, sir. Sorry I didn't know every post in here absolutely has to agree with the OP.

Plus, you never answered my question.

Any question directed towards me regarding Trixie is pretty much rhetorical, yo.

Edited by Hans Krebs

[image]

I shall leave this where it stands, sir. Sorry I didn't know every post in here absolutely has to agree with the OP.

It's not an opinion, I'm just trying to be fair about it. No one said every post had to agree with the OP, I'm just saying that if I couldn't pick Twilight Sparkle as my favorite pony, I would know how the fans who want to select Maud feel.

It's not an opinion, I'm just trying to be fair about it. No one said every post had to agree with the OP, I'm just saying that if I couldn't pick Twilight Sparkle as my favorite pony, I would know how the fans who want to select Maud feel.

Then you really could've just said "If I couldn't pick Twilight Sparkle as my favorite pony, I would know how the fans who want to select Maud feel.", left it at that, and left my post alone. There is no justice that needs served here; I'm not cursing the guy's mother or something.

Then you really could've just said "If I couldn't pick Twilight Sparkle as my favorite pony, I would know how the fans who want to select Maud feel.", left it at that, and left my post alone. There is no justice that needs served here; I'm not cursing the guy's mother or something.

Just take it easy, bro. In the beginning of our conversation, all I did was ask why you said no.

• Brohoof 1

Just take it easy, bro. In the beginning of our conversation, all I did was ask why you said no.

And I answered. Now let's blow this popsicle stand and go bowling.

*tokes dobbie*

Wait a second... This portion of the sentence just stands out the little "DOHC VTEC" sticker on the side of many Hondas: "She's very unique in a sense that she's very bland"

In comparison, many folks think the HYUNDAI SONATA is rather bland, but yet they don't see what is unique about it. What's my point? Simple lil' fellas, if whatever the subject at hand happens to be isn't in the preference of the person, the said person is usually not interested in it. Therefore it's like "whatever, man" or folks just hate it for no reason... In the case of Maud Pie, I feel like folks are just liking her just because she is acting supposedly "bland" and "not like the others"... goddamn hipsters....

Anyways, I guess people have to like something for some reason, right? Even if it is FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT... (By saying "this establishment", I of course am implying that I own everything... Duh..) 

So, yeah... Do I like Maud Pie and want her as a choice for favorite pony? Hell no. Why? Simple, even though folks are saying "gotta request it n' stuff" for getting favorite ponies on the list, I want Honda Civic on there. Yet if I requested it, I'm sure folks would complain that the Honda Civic is in fact not a pony. In my reality, the Civic is a pony and it should be there. So yeah, based on that I'm going to say negative ghost rider on Maud Pie. The fandom already has too much of a hard-on for rocks to begin with, no need to antagonize that subject any more that it already is.

Oh yeah, Rae says Sunset Shimmer is perfect and based on that logic, we should get Sunset Shimmer and the Honda Civic on the best pony list. The End.

Here's a Civic for your enjoyment...

2gv8w87.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If other non-main characters like Trixie can be selected (and they can), then I can't see any reason why Maud shouldn't be added.

EDIT: I mean, Octavia is on there. She's only appeared like twice, in a background non-speaking role. Maud Pie certainly deserves to be on there, if she's there.

Edited by Envy

If she gets added, they might as well add Cheese Sandwich, Coco, ECT. AND SUNSET SHIMMER.

So, no, I don't think she should singularly be added, unless they wanna update it and give more options than her. She's no better than the rest.

Every character needs to be added so yeah. BTW I especially want that builder mare from Pinkie Pride to make a debut return as a background pony again, because she shows that women are just as good as men at doing manly chores.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The reason why we have the characters we have in the favorite pony list is because those are the characters the show focuses on the most, those are the ones with the most screen time and those are the ones with the largest amounts of fans.

Personally I do not have a problem with adding in more characters, I've even suggested that we should add a tab on the profile where information about your favorite episodes, songs, ponies etc. can be selected and then displayed. However, it's easier when we stick with the popular ones. It's kind of like the same reason why we don't have 50 different gender identities added.

Edited by Jokuc

*tokes dobbie*

Wait a second... This portion of the sentence just stands out the little "DOHC VTEC" sticker on the side of many Hondas: "She's very unique in a sense that she's very bland"

In comparison, many folks think the HYUNDAI SONATA is rather bland, but yet they don't see what is unique about it. What's my point? Simple lil' fellas, if whatever the subject at hand happens to be isn't in the preference of the person, the said person is usually not interested in it. Therefore it's like "whatever, man" or folks just hate it for no reason... In the case of Maud Pie, I feel like folks are just liking her just because she is acting supposedly "bland" and "not like the others"... goddamn hipsters....

Anyways, I guess people have to like something for some reason, right? Even if it is FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT... (By saying "this establishment", I of course am implying that I own everything... Duh..) 

So, yeah... Do I like Maud Pie and want her as a choice for favorite pony? Hell no. Why? Simple, even though folks are saying "gotta request it n' stuff" for getting favorite ponies on the list, I want Honda Civic on there. Yet if I requested it, I'm sure folks would complain that the Honda Civic is in fact not a pony. In my reality, the Civic is a pony and it should be there. So yeah, based on that I'm going to say negative ghost rider on Maud Pie. The fandom already has too much of a hard-on for rocks to begin with, no need to antagonize that subject any more that it already is.

Oh yeah, Rae says Sunset Shimmer is perfect and based on that logic, we should get Sunset Shimmer and the Honda Civic on the best pony list. The End.

Here's a Civic for your enjoyment...

img-2479277-1-2gv8w87.jpg

When you want to determine if something is unique or not, you need to compare it to the norm. For instance, think of most of the ponies in My Little Pony. Most of the protagonist or neutral ponies are friendly and colourful, with very distinct personalities.

Now compare these traits to Maud Pie. Maud Pie is none of these things, and that's why she's unique. When everyone strives to stick out from the crowd, no individual ends up doing so. Sometimes, being unique is being the opposite of interesting and eye catching.

Now compare your Honda Civic to the rest of the cars on the road. It's bland, the rest of the cars on the road are bland; therefore, it doesn't stick out. You cannot compare Maud Pie to the Honda Civic in terms of uniqueness because they have different back-drops to contrast from.

When you want to determine if something is unique or not, you need to compare it to the norm. For instance, think of most of the ponies in My Little Pony. Most of the protagonist or neutral ponies are friendly and colourful, with very distinct personalities.

Now compare these traits to Maud Pie. Maud Pie is none of these things, and that's why she's unique. When everyone strives to stick out from the crowd, no individual ends up doing so. Sometimes, being unique is being the opposite of interesting and eye catching.

Now compare your Honda Civic to the rest of the cars on the road. It's bland, the rest of the cars on the road are bland; therefore, it doesn't stick out. You cannot compare Maud Pie to the Honda Civic in terms of uniqueness because they have different back-drops to contrast from.

Yeah, she was different alright. Everyone could tell that she was not like the rest, which is exactly why I stated "Folks are only diggin' her 'cause she ain't like the rest of 'em."  But personally, I don't feel that excuses her for being utterly boring and not funny at all in my opinion. 

But in all seriousness, Honda Civics are the glue that holds this world together. Where would we be without VTEC.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, she was different alright. Everyone could tell that she was not like the rest, which is exactly why I stated "Folks are only diggin' her 'cause she ain't like the rest of 'em."  But personally, I don't feel that excuses her for being utterly boring and not funny at all in my opinion. 

But in all seriousness, Honda Civics are the glue that holds this world together. Where would we be without VTEC.

Well, comic books are definitely not the norm, but you won't catch me reading them.

There's a difference between pretending to like something simply because it's not mainstream (I'm looking at you hipsters! :okiedokielokie:), and liking something because it's a nice change of pace from what one has gotten used to. Maud Pie, to me, is a nice change of pace. That's why I like her so.

(edited)

The reason why we have the characters we have in the favorite pony list is because those are the characters the show focuses on the most, those are the ones with the most screen time.

The show does not focus on Octavia, and she has less screen time than Maud, but she's on the list.

Edited by Envy

The show does not focus on Octavia, and she has less screen time than Maud, but she's on the list.

It kinda looks like that favorite pony selection menu is just really, really outdated, circa end of season 2. Besides the mane 6, CMC, and princesses, there's just a handful of early fan favorites. Would people even care about Tavi without Scratch anyway? I've never been so sure!

Also, add Babs to the list. She was in two eps. Come on.

srsly

Let's mutiny.

• Brohoof 1

I meant the ponies who has the biggest group of fans. Again I don't mind if we added more characters but it's not up to me to decide :P