Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open ESFU; Operation: Germane Revival

Nameless Knight

Specter heard Viper on his radio "Ghost, You get the others to the Capital building, I am going to get Viper. She won't make it far on her own." Specter said before opening the Humvee door and jumping out. He looked around and began walking to where the tower was. "Viper, are you okay? come in" He said into his microphone.

Faint words played through Viper's mic but she could make them out "Yes...I'm fine, I bit rattled but fine" She replied as she leaned up against a corner. Taking a glance around a corner. "Nothing...." she said to herself and turned the corner moving as quick as she could to the next corner. Faint gun fire was heard but the street she was on was silent. A few bodies here or there.

Gearhart started to head back to base and saw a humvee making a beeline towards the building. "Eh, might as well hitch a ride" he said landing on top of it. "Ahh!" screamed the driver "Someone's on the roof!" [Well, that's convenient] Gearhart thought to himself. "Sorry I'm taking over this car."

(edited)

"Sarge! What the hell are you doing?!? You're gonna get yourself killed out there!" yelled Chetnik, panting trying to fly to Specter

"This is a war zone, if we lose you here we are fucked. I'll go find Viper, you stay put. I have nothing to live for and if someone's gonna die, it should be me. You probably have a family home, a wife and little fillies, I had that taken away from me."

"Vipe, stay where you are, hold on, I'm coming." Chetnik said into the mic and flew off.

"Operation Halyard 2 is go" he said to himself, taking his sajkaca out of his back pocket

Edited by Chetnik

(edited)

"Chetnik. I can handle myself, Remember this is Specter your talking to." Specter said into his mic before turning around and saw a zebra running at him. Specter grabbed the zebra and cut it's throat. Specter ran back to the Humvee and said "Viper, Chetnik is going to get you." 

Edited by T for Timesetta

"Copy" Viper replied to Specter and Chetnik. Pain started to creep through her cuts and wings as she stopped by a vehicle and placed her bi-pod on the hood of the vehicle turning the barrel down a long stretch of street and waited. Dust covered her whole body from the collapse of the radio tower with red splotches from cuts. She took her shades off to get a better look through her scope. She felt a rumble for a second then again. Down the long street a tank plowed through a building with 10 to 15 zebra's coming from behind of it from the looks of it. Viper only had 10 rounds and no explosives to take a tank out. She turned on her mic "Make it snappy finding me.....I got a huge platoon of zebra's packing some heat."

Specter heard Viper and said into his mic "I may be able to get you air support bit will take about 3 minutes so find a place to hide and wait for the fireworks." Specter changed his radio to 984.6 (The Aircraft carrier Pegasus) "This is specter from ESFU team 7 we need air support ASAP." Specter heard somepony asked his coordinates and said "65 S, 492 W" 65 S, 492 W was near where the radio tower was. With in 3 and a half minutes a A-10 thunderbird was flying over the city and was closing in on the Zebra Tank.

"Tank? Oh I see it, I see you! Hold on!"

Chetnik dived to Viper "You okay? Shit, you can't fly! You run, I'll cover. I'll destroy the tank, we can take the Zebras out one by one." Chetnik peeked out the corner, threw his hand grenade at the tank, blowing its right track off. Three Zebras came out of the immobilised behemoth, and charged towards the two. Chetnik cooked his final grenade. It exploded above the Zebras, finishing them.

"I got 'em!"

Chetnik then heard the deafening sound of two Warthog engines roaring in the distance.

"Shit! Sarge must have called in support for you!"

"Saaaaarge! Cancel the support, we're safe, Vipe and I will head to the capitol alone, we're bingo on ammo but we'll find something."

Chetnik approached the lifeless remains of the zebras and picked up their weapons - dirty old AKs and Makarovs with bandoliers filled with ammo. He threw an AK to Viper "you know how to use this? AK-47. Most reliable weapon in the world. It was my second choice in the old Yugocoltian army - I think i still have mine at home"

Before Specter could call off the support AA fire could be heard. Soon the Thunderbird crashed into a large building. "Damn it! I couldn't call it off in time.... We will see you  at the Capital building. try and keep yourselves alive, I want everybody going home... Even you Chetnik." Specter said into his mic.

Viper caught the AK-47 and looked down the sights "Of course I know how to use it, when your in need for a weapon you gotta learn to use them all." She gave a half smile to Chetnik. She placed her M107A1 on her back and put her dusty sun glasses back on "Lets get out of here" She said running past the zebra's they just eliminated limping so often. Viper called out to Chetnik "Which way? Looks like I lost my map off that radio tower...." She searching through her saddlebag.

"I think i should je able to fix the track on that tank - thankfully only the track tore, it looks fine mechanically. I have velcro on my bandolier - I'll just tear it off - and attach it to the track" Chetnik said slowly pushing the track in place

"It is a bit loose, but if we don't travel too fast it should hold on to the capital, it ain't too far, only about 5km, so about 20 Minutes."

Chetnik popped the hatch and looked at the Russian script on the control panel.

"These Zebras sure are ancient - this is a really old tank - T-34-85, this is from like 65 years ago, we should thank heaven for this, Russian is similar to Serbian so I should je able to get this granpa up..."

Chetnik pushed the button "palianye" and sure enough, the panel lit up and the engine roared.

"Alright, you go to the main turret and I'll drive" Chetnik winked and slowly pulled the power lever towards him.

"It works! Yes! *radios Spectre* Sarge, we got a hold of a Zebra tank, we're heading for the capitol. I got Viper, she's the gunner now, ETA 20 m. You recognize US by the huge Zebra bloodspatter on the left side *chuckles* Do you copy?"

Viper jumped up into the hatch of the tank and manned the main turret. Pain shooting through her body once and awhile but shrugged it off. "Never been in an tank before" She said cocking the machine gun turret's chamber making sure it was ready to go.

As they started to make there way through the city it Viper shivered as dust dropped from her coat "Where is that bucking capitol building?" She said impatiently looking through the small opening within the tank while blood dripped down her wings. She opened the main gun and threw in a high velocity round. Closing it, she looked through the sights. "See anything?" She asked Chetnik tapping her hoof on the main guns barrel within the tank.

"We're here" Chetnik replied after a few minutes

"I think this is it - we'll just wait for the rest of the crew"

Chetnik turned around and saw Viper in a terrible shape "Holy shit, I never realized you were so badly wounded, I'm gonna try to find something"

He sifted through the ammo storage space, but all he could find was a bit of bandage and a band-aid

"Sorry lass, this is all I can find. I got nothing. All I can give you now is a hug or something."

Chetnik hung his head down in disappointment and sat in the commander's seat

"I see the capital building... And the Tank... I am so hoping that is you. Ghost stop the Humvee. Angel watch my back." Specter said as he got out of the Humvee. He walked to the tank and got his RPG off of his back. Just in case, He didn't have it loaded but if he needed to he could reload it quicker then he could a pistol. He slowly approached the tank and tapped on the armor with his M16. "Viper? Chetnik is that you in there?" 

Chetnik heard a faint tapping noise on the armor and Spectre "Yes, it's us, we'll pop out"

Chetnik put his hoof out to Viper

"Come on, I'll help you out"

Chetnik came out and spoke with the crew "so, what's our plan now?"

(This is getting really exciting, I'm pumped to keep going, excellent story :D)

Specter put his RPG on his back and said "Inside that building is the German president. We need to get in there and get him out of there before the Zebras do. The Germanes will have their own Special forces team in there who's mission is to stop us. We need to keep the Germane president from harm so don't do anything unless I tell you to. got it?"

Ghost got out of the humvee " sounds good just let me change the tire on the humvee and bring the tank into the plaza of the capital building I may be able to properly repair the track but wow that is an old tank with this thing we we could hold off their transport and supply trucks from advancing to the capital building".

"Angel, Ghost your job is to get this Humvee working properly again. Viper, Chetnik and I will breach the building and search for the Germane President. Remember the GSG-9 are not going to take kindly to use bursting in and taking their president. So keep on your hooves." Specter said looking at the Capital building door. Specter saw viper and said "You can't go in there like that... I think there is a first aid kit in the truck of the Humvee." Specter ran to the Humvee and opened the trunk. He opened it and found the First aid kit. "Viper come over here... Now I really wished I listen to my parents and went to med school"

Viper took the hoof of Chetnik and got out the tank and nodded at Spector "I can stay out here and give Ghost some cover as he repairs the humvee, just mic me if you need anything" She said taking a seat in the passenger door of the humvee looking to her cuts all up and down her body before watching Spector take the first med kit out. "I'm not sure if I need stiches or not" She said as the pain was started to occur more often as her adrenaline was slowing. She took one of her wing and held it up to see it riddled with holes. "Great I am useless to fly" She looked at Spector and Chetnik "You guys make it quick, we got outselves a tank and humvee out here for an escape." She looked up at the capital building and seen movement's inside. "Looks like some body is moving around in there, you guys be careful" She said touching a cut making her tense up. "ouch...."

"Move your hoof." Specter said as he looked at Viper's wing. He pulled out a syringe and injected it into her wing. "This is going to sting for a little bit but it will soon go numb." Specter waited for 3 minutes. "Okay it should be numb now..." Specter pulled out a needle and thread. He sewed the holes in her wing closed and bandaged it up. "There we go..."

"Quick and easy. German spec ops can't touch Serbs with a fifty foot pole. No mercy. Let's go. Vipe should stay in the tank, I'll just turn on the hydraulics so she can work the turret. We shouldn't force her to fight with us, she's already wounded enough. She can't afford to risk it."

Chetnik jumped into the tank and flipped the hydraulic switch. He took a Zebra bandolier and strapped it on, also he took out his sajkaca.

"It's showtime. Let's move." Chetnik said as he tugged on Spectre to get going "Time is of the essence, we're burning daylight!"

Specter took a step back from Viper and readied his M16. "Remember, When I tell you to do something, you do it and don't underestimate the GSG-9 they are a highly skilled force. Just as good as us..." Specter walked up to the door and waited by the side of the door. "Chetnik get on the other side of the door and get ready to breach."

(edited)

Viper nodded to Spector and Chetnik as they both left for the breach. She slowly climbed to the top of the tank and sat on the side to not leave ghost out in the open fixing the humvee. She held up her AK at the ready and kept her ears and eyes open to any disturbance out of the ordinary. She tended to her wounds as she sat wrapping bandages around her wounds in her wings.

Edited by DJ Spacer

Specter reloaded his M16 and pulled out a flashbang. He looked at it and shot the door knob. He edged the door open and pulled the pin on the Flashbang. He slowly pushed open the door and tossed it in. He heard it go off and heard the GSG-9 soldier scramble behind cover.

As Gearhart approached the capital building he saw the rest of the task force going inside. He got closer to the tank until he pulled over next to it. "Hey, is anyone still alive in there?" He asked to the tank and it's operator. "I'll come in if you need some company."