Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open ESFU; Operation: Germane Revival

Nameless Knight

(To make a long story short, I got temp banned and thus I am writing on my sister's account, just so I wouldn't slow down the story. :P)

(1240 MHz! CONELRAD! GET IT RIGHT! lol)

Chetnik radioed Gearhart "There's no way I could translate that to you, I need to see the text first, there's no way you could read Cyrillic!"

Then he turned around to Spectre "Spec, we're gonna have to cram in that beast somehow. The tank can fit 5, and that's stretching it a bit. I have to drive, I'm the only one who understands the text, Vipe will control the main gun, Gear will load the shells, and you'll command the radio stack. Merkel's little bitch will sit in the corner. What are we gonna do with Ghost? The only thing we could do is mount him at the exterior machine gun, but he will stick out halfway. Or he could drive the Humvee, but one tank shell and he's a goner. Oh, and one last thing - if we make it out of here I want that tank engraved with my name in Cyrillic, got it? *wink*"

"I'm in with Chetnik," Gearhart said through his radio "I have an idea for ghost, I'll give you air support if I can find that bomber again. You guys hold off for now, if you can. I know how to fly a plane, so don't worry about that factor. And if I get shot down, I want you to keep these." Gearhart said taking his glasses off "I don't need them to see."

Viper panted as she used the assault rifle Gearhart gave her as a crutch as she climbed up into the tank and plopped herself down in front of the main gun controls. She yelled sounding muffled a bit "Lets go! I sure as buck not going to give my last breath here to that enemy out there!". Viper leaned against the side of the tank. Her head was throbbing. She wasn't sure if it was from the explosions and gunfire or the pain coming back through her body. She looked at her hoofs and slowly placed them on the hydraulics and moved the main gun towards a truck filled with GSG-9 soldiers "Shell me!" She yelled.

Specter looked at them "There is two Apaches and a blackhawk coming to re-leave us. We just need to hold out until them." Specter said as a bullet hit the ground next to him. Specter fired another few shots at the GSGs before getting down. "Where are they?"

"I'll go figure out." Gearhart said as he took to the sky. He heard a lot of bullets whizz by his head. [What have I gotten myself into?] he asked himself. When he heard little to no bullets he stopped and looked for the helecoper. [Ahh, there they are] he said as he soared towards the target, "Hey you need to get there faster, the rest of the troopers are in front of the building." Gearhart desided to stay with the chopper on the mounted machine gun.

On the other side of the Blackhawk was a pegasus on the other mounted gun.

Specter looked up and saw the two Apaches hovering and they began firing on the GSG-9 soldiers. The Blackhawk hovered low and 4 ropes were dropped. Specter signaled the others to get on the Helicopter. "Get on!" Specter looked up at the pegasus on the other mounted gun and recognized his Black ski mask and combat gear "Jester! Nice to see you again" Specter yelled

"EAT IT!!!" Gearhart said as he fired the gun. "Ok jester, let's finish these clowns off! And Specter, you still owe me a tank round." As the helicopter flew off he saw the B 1B again, and the it turned around after it saw the mounted machine gun. "Now who's the big one?"

Viper held onto the side of  the blackhawk as they left the city folding her ears down as the machine guns blasted away. She was glad it was about time they got out of there but she was yet sad in a way. She took a glance at her wings. Ripped and torn bandages revealed the holes within her wings. "buck buck buck" She mumbled to herself thinking "This is it, I know this is it for me flying". This was the first mission that she encountered heavy resistant and actually encountered near death situations multiple times. She took a deep breathe and watched out into the city realizing she left all her gear behind by the tank and humvee. She took off her baseball cap and let it go in the wind.

"You know, I could fix you up with some new wings, just look at mine. I got my wings cut off a long time ago when I was doing a mission just like this. If you want I can give you a pair if you want. But the process is very painful, because you have to be awake when I put the adapters on."

Specter sat down and looked at Jester "How long has it been buddy?" Specter said. Jester then replied in a southern accent "3 Years. Its good to see you again." Specter looked over to the burning city and said "How's it going with Chopper". Jester looked down and said "He is still in a coma.".   "After 3 years...." Specter said looking down and sighing 

"Who's Chopper, and what happened to him. Comas don't happen naturally, unless if he was born with it. Was he a brother? Or a friend?" Gearhart asked to Specter. As the chopper flew he turned to Viper "What type of wings do you want, I have the type that I have or a thicker, less aerodynamic model?"

Viper took a look up at Gearhart "New wings?" She took a look at his wings then at her own. After hearing that it was very painful she clenched onto the assault rifle she had in her hoofs. "I might consider it, we will see when we get back. I wanna hear from a field medic how bad my wings are. If I was to get new wings they would need to be lightweight for quick movement" I say to him as I hear Specter talk to Jester about a pony in coma. "How did Chopper end up in a coma?"

"Chopper was an old squadmate who had been knocked into a coma after being thrown out of a helicopter" Specter said. "He landed right on the hard rocks of a Griffin kingdom mountain." Jester continued. "Poor guy too, He was 2 days from going home to his family." Specter said before Jester added "For a Brit he was one of the best members of our team"

"I hope he comes out of that coma soon" Viper said to them as she remembered the radio tower almost crushing her. She could have been in the same situation. "When will we get back to base sir?" I ask as I sit up "This pain is getting annoying". She spit onto one of her hoofs and rubbed off some dried blood.

"About 10 minutes... If we are lucky." Specter said before looking at Jester and asking "So, buddy what do you do now." Jester replied with "Oh! I'm the leader of my own squad now" Specter smiled and said "Well good for you, for a second there I thought you would be in the 2nd command seat forever"

"And Viper, the reason they are less aerodynamic is because they are made of titanium, The others are made of aluminum. But then again, the adapters allow you to change your wings out if they get shot off again, so that's a plus. Although I could set you up with some carbon fiber, it would match your skin a little more." Gearhart said to Viper.

Viper nodded to Gearhart "Ya I think carbon fiber would look better, unless you think I look better in titanium?" She said with a wink and partly smiled. Viper was warming up to her team after all the help they gave her today. "Don't having mechanical wings have their disadvantages? Like don't they have less flexibility?" She asked curiously.

Jester looked at Viper and said "If Simple was her, he could tell you that that an't true... well if you use the right material..." Specter nodded and took a look outside the helicopter and saw the base. Specter heard something on his radio "Good job, Specter. Now I want you and your team to report to debriefing."

Viper saw the base as well "Well I wanna know for sure if I'll lose my wings...." She overhead the radio "After the debriefing of course" As much as mechanical wings sounded good. She loved her old flesh and bone wings. If there was to be a change with her body she wanted to be 100% sure her wings weren't going to grow new feathers.

"Well, not as much as you think. Yes you do have to relearn flying because the wings aren't just wings. As you've probably already guessed by now the wings can be doubled as shields. The original designs where, in fact, supposed to be shields." Gearhart replied to Viper

"Ya I figured, those would definitely have helped me today" Viper said taking a closer look at a cut on one of her legs "How long did it take you to learn to fly with those wings?" She asked to Gearhart "Hopefully not too long, I gotta get use to them with various weapons all over again"

Specter and Jester got out of the Helicopter once it landed and they began to talk about the time before their team was split up, before the Siberian accident that had put Specter in the infirmary for 4 months, Killed Simple, Got Killjoy captured and caused Jester to go M.I.A for 3 weeks. 

"It should only take you a couple of days. The wings aren't all that different than yours. Although the problem is that they run on electricity so you'll have to get used to not flying them all the time. I could get solar but the wings cost so much on there own that I normally just put an cable in the adapters."

"Good" Viper said slowly getting out of the chopper and limped with every pony to the debriefing room "I wish there could be an unlimited source of energy so the wings would be fully functional all the time" She leaned the assault rifle she had in her hoofs against a building.

Specter and Jester went into a room. There were 12 chairs and a large screen. Specter sat down in one of the chairs. Specter turned to the others and said "Since all of you were transferred to the ESFU from other branches of the military, I want to ask you. Do you know how briefing and Debriefing works around here?"