Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open ESFU; Operation: Germane Revival

Nameless Knight

"The only other power source would be magic but neither me or you are unicorns. Besides each set of wings has it's own power source that can last up to a week so you don't have to worry, but constantly flying will drain it faster than you can blink." Gearhart said to Viper

EDIT: (umm, guys?)

post-17832-0-81737100-1397355826_thumb.png

Edited by Gearhart

Viper sat down in the briefing room more in the back of the rows of chairs. "I'm a little rusty on this briefing debriefing goes" She stated "Mind giving a lecture?". She leaned over to Gearhart and whispered "I hear ya, want to come with me to the medical tent after this? You seem like you know your knowledge about mechanical wings"

Specter looked at Viper and said "Well since the Admiral's identity is Classified even to us, She will speak to us through our radios and control the projector back there through a computer. So Everypony change your radios to the channel; 024.56" Specter set his radio to 024.56 and waited.

Viper flipped her radio to the channel and looked around the dark room. She didn't know what to expect from the Admiral. All she knew was that there was still a bit of pain shooting withing her body and she was ready to recieve the information the admmiral had for them all.

Gearhart turned on his radio and put it on channel 024.56 and listened closely to it. "Ok then, I'll come to the medical bay with you. I want to know if I need to make my adapters or not." Gearhart replied to Viper. He had hoped that Viper had a broken wing, not out of disliking her, but of the fact that he'd be able to share his wings with someone besides himself.

Static could be heard on the channel until a mare said

"Good job Team, Because of you, we were able to keep the Germane President from being killed by the Terrorists. Sadly, your not done yet. We have just received intel that the Zebras are attacking Germane trade vessels off the coast of the Griffin Kingdom, because of the tension between Equestria and the Griffin kingdom we will not be able to take you by air craft. We can however take you to the ship by boat. I want you to rest up and then head to the E.E.S Unicorn for full briefing. Good Luck." 

Once the Admiral had stopped talking, Specter turned off his radio and pulled down the cloth that covered his face.

Viper listened carefully to the new mission until the mare was done. I flipped off my mic and got up slowly "Alright I'll meet you at the medical bay Gearhart" She said limping out of the room. On her way to the Medical bay she took a better look at herself in the light. The cuts, bruises, bandages, she was glad that the damage was only this much. She got to the medical bay where medics got her into a hospital bed belly down, She told the medics she was waiting for a friend and they complied to not start anything until Gearhart arrived. As Viper laid in the bed alone she already noticed there was still bleeding in her coat. Nothing extreme but just moist. She looked back at one of her wings to see a mangled mess of feathers. "Fan-feather-tastic" She mumbled before plopping her head down into the pillow on her bed.

As Gearhart started going to the medical bay he wondered about the E.E.S unicorn, was it a ship? Or the squad that would be helping us. When Gearhart got to the medical bay he saw the state of Viper's wings. "It's quite astonishing that you didn't bleed out. Let's just hope that you don't."

Specter got up and walked over to Jester. They continued the conversation they were having earlier. "Remember Operation Super Nova" Specter said. "Was it that the operation that we were in taking care of a hostage situation in Trottingham?" Jester replied. "No, it was the one where we had to deal with a group of Terrorists, setting fire to Russian Oil rigs. Hence the name 'Operation: Super Nova" Specter said.

"Ya lets hope" Viper said feeling a bit better since Gearhart got there. The medics eventually came back in and began to examine her wings, pulling and twisting certain parts to see if she reacted. She reacted to every pull and twist with a nod to let them know she felt pain. The medic declared that her wings were damaged beyond repair and were going to lost. Viper turned to Gearhart "Okay I think I'll take you up on those mechanical wings" She said giving a deep breathe and asked "Have you done wings removal before Gear?" She asked as the medics injected a pain reducer into her leg. "Because I would like you to do if that is true"

Gearhart replied to her by lifting his wings. "Yes, I have, it was hard but you can go to sleep as I cut off you're previous wings, but you have to be awake when I put the adapters on. After that you don't need to feel that pain again. So, are you sure that you're ready for this?" He said as his shipment of adapters he made earlier arrived.

Viper shivered at the fact she was going to lose her wings but she nodded to Gearhart "Okay Gear I trust ya" She said as a medic assistant came over to inject an anasthetic into her leg. As the fluids ran through her viens and arteries, the world became to get dimmer. Her eyes slowly shut seeing Gear over her preparing for the wing removal. The last thing Viper seen was the medic giving the okay to Gear.

As Gearhart saw Viper close her eyes he prepared his bone saw. As he started to cut he was probably as scared as Viper. He knew the pain she was going to have to go through. He just hoped that she was as strong as she looked, otherwise, he would probably hold back. Making the wings dangerously unstable and possibly break off, like his had.

Specter and Jester continued talking about Operation: Super Nova. "Hey, remember the terrorist leader and how he reacted when we showed up." Jester said. "Yeah, How he was like, ' I'm out! ' and just jumped off the platform." Specter replied before laughing. "ah good times...." Jester replied

As Gear Cut through flesh and bone Viper's body twitched so often as if she was having a nightmare. Her mangled wings gave sleight twitches as well cutting through the nerves. Her heart rate on the monitor began to slow down as her blood pressure decreased yet did not flat line. Viper had a small built body but it did not seem to phase her coping with the procedure. She had lost a great amount of blood just from today. With each sliding motion of the saw more blood leaked out dying her coat a dark red.

In Vipers head she was no where near in pain. She was dreaming of the filly years of her life, when things were easy, fun, stress free.

'Ok then, Viper, all we have to do now is put the adapters on. Now are you ready to put in the adapters? Don't forget how painful it is, if you don't want to now we can always stop. But if flying is so important to you, we can continue if you want but I am warning you, it will be painful."

Viper was awake and stunned as to notice she now had no wings but she nodded to Gear "Yes I want them, I will endure the pain. I am ready" She clenched the sides of the bed and prepared herself for the pain Gear mentioned. She closed her eyes as to not get a glimpse of what Gear was about to do.

"All right then." Gearhart said picking up the adapters. "This is going to hurt more than a bullet wound. I basically have to wire this into the muscle where you're original wing used to be. This is the only way to make it work. But the pain is because each wire has to be plugged into you're nerves." before Gearhart began the process he checked the adapters for any faults then continued.

Specter and Jester laughed about some other things about the past. "So Specter, How's the family goin'? " Jester asked. "Their doing fine... but Dutch will be having a new foal in 7 months." Specter said. "So your going to have a 2nd Foal? When did you find this out?" Jester said. "Just last month, she sent me a letter..." Specter said looking up.

Viper braced herself. She has never been shot before so she could not compare the pain Gear spoke of until he started. He was definitely right about it being painful. She cringed at the every touch. She wanted it to be over as soon as it started but she kept in her mind it was for the best so tried to stay as still as she could as to not mess up Gear's work. Viper wasn't even sure if Gear acted like the way she did when he got his new wings but she couldn't hold her feelings about it in. Of course her tears watered up but she kept her moaning to the pain minimal.

As Gearhart grabbed for the second adapter he said to Viper "Ok then, we're almost done. All I need to do now is put this in and we're done. It will be a relief to both of us if this works. And to make you happier we never have to do this again, as long as the adapters don't get shot off."

Viper didn't hear a single word. She was concentrating fully on staying still as sharp pain shot through her body. She wasn't going to let this procedure win over her. Let alone get in the way of her life. Her eyes were closed the whole time. She was afraid if she opened them she would panic and ruin everything.

As Gearhart put in the last wire he said "Ok Viper, we are done." Gearhart went to grab a rag to clean up the blood. "Can you see if you can move your wings? if not we may have a problem." as his order of carbon fiber feathers arrived he gave the deliverer a tip and said. "Now, these feathers won't break unless you are hit with a tank shell, so, we never have to do this again." He said putting the feathers on.

Viper nodded and brought herself to wiggle her wings with success as Gear put the feathers on. Her weak self sat up and she opened her eyes slowly to see Gear and a blood soaked rag "How does it look?" She said turning to the side as there was still pain pulsing through her bad.

"Not as bad as it looked when I did it to myself, I can tell you that much. The cut should heal up just fine in a day or two so you son't have to worry about it being exposed. But since you've gone through a lot of pain I suggest that you rest for now. But when you wake up you need to go to practice with me. If you're not careful the wings could fall off to the point where you are plummeting to the ground with no stop,"