Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need some clarification on Tablets.

TomokoKuroki

Hello, as some of you know I have been drawing some pony artwork (I only uploaded 2 as of currently) but I do have an issue with getting them on my computer. Taking pictures with a camera is...well not the best method, and I do not have a scanner.

So this leads into my question. What would be a good tablet for drawing? And what would I need to know about them before buying one? Any help if much appreciated!

(By the way, I am not sure this was the right spot to post it, I felt it may of been, but if it gets moved, then thanks for putting it in the right spot!)

Edited by CeIestia

Bamboo!

It is the top brand and recognized highly by Photoshop. I purchased my Bamboo tablet a while ago and it is wonderful~ Easy to install, easy to use, and very fun! I would never go with another tablet brand.

Bamboo!

It is the top brand and recognized highly by Photoshop. I purchased my Bamboo tablet a while ago and it is wonderful~ Easy to install, easy to use, and very fun! I would never go with another tablet brand.

Okay, cool. However I was wondering another thing I just thought of.

Will I need other programs for say coloring/shading and whatnot, or can I do that all within the tablet?

I can highly recommend getting a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

But you will need art programs on your computer such as Paint Tool Sai, GIMP or Photoshop. The tablet is just a drawing tool, not the program.

Tablets are easy to learn that hard part is learning the art program that you chose to use.

Personally, I use Paint Tool Sai.

• Brohoof 1

I can highly recommend getting a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

But you will need art programs on your computer such as Paint Tool Sai, GIMP or Photoshop. The tablet is just a drawing tool, not the program.

Tablets are easy to learn that hard part is learning the art program that you chose to use.

Personally, I use Paint Tool Sai.

Alright, thank you! I'll defiantly look into the art programs to see which one I feel will fit best with me too. Thanks for all of your help Sky and Feather!

Bamboo!

I agree. This tablet is very good. But, it's just getting used to look at the screen, and not at the tablet. Like you'd do, if you're drawing on paper :P

Bamboo! It is the top brand and recognized highly by Photoshop. I purchased my Bamboo tablet a while ago and it is wonderful~ Easy to install, easy to use, and very fun! I would never go with another tablet brand.

Depends what kind of bamboo. In my experience with those tablets, the larger the better; I have a tiny one currently and I hate it, it's just so damn difficult to draw with as there isn't enough space to maneuver and it's really unresponsive.

A tablet is pretty much an extension of a computer mouse with a pressure setting. All the shading and effects are done by the program used. Wacom Bamboo is the one I have, and I love it so very much.

Also wacoms intuos series of tablets is great! I got the intuos 5 medium some weeks ago since I didn't feel that the bamboo had evrything I needed. But the bamboo is extremely good for it's price. The positive thing with the intous is that it has higher sensitivity, tilt sensetivety. More Hotkey buttons and a awesome wheel on the side that you could use to almost anything. The intous is in general a far mire professional tablet but it's a bit pricey at almost 3 times the cost of the bamboo. I would suggest that you get the bamboo if you are only planning to do smaller hobby stuff. But if you plan on doing more serius stuff and stuff other then just drawing i woukd suggestt that you get the intuos. I personall needed more of the features of the intuos one for school work and such.( because I didn't feel that I was efficient enough with the bamboo + my hand was starting to hurt after a while sine the bamboos pen isn't exactly comforable after long periods)

Holybuck this one got long

Also wacoms intuos series of tablets is great! I got the intuos 5 medium some weeks ago since I didn't feel that the bamboo had evrything I needed. But the bamboo is extremely good for it's price. The positive thing with the intous is that it has higher sensitivity, tilt sensetivety. More Hotkey buttons and a awesome wheel on the side that you could use to almost anything. The intous is in general a far mire professional tablet but it's a bit pricey at almost 3 times the cost of the bamboo. I would suggest that you get the bamboo if you are only planning to do smaller hobby stuff. But if you plan on doing more serius stuff and stuff other then just drawing i woukd suggestt that you get the intuos. I personall needed more of the features of the intuos one for school work and such.( because I didn't feel that I was efficient enough with the bamboo + my hand was starting to hurt after a while sine the bamboos pen isn't exactly comforable after long periods)

Holybuck this one got long