Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

@@Leafeon,

The croagunk fell back down upon hitting the qwilfish, this time actually fainted.

"Ah, darn." Cecil uttered, "I was hoping to keep all my pokemon in good condition through this battle. Oh well, you did great Rogue, I'll get you healed up soon." He unclipped the croagunk's pokeball from his belt and returned it to safety.

Cecil clapped his hands, "alright! Now, you two!" Cecil turned to face his remaining pokemon, "I know you're eager Scout, but let's send in Warden, alright?" The two pokemon nodded their heads. The sandslash had just finished scraping off the silk off its back, and was ready for action.

"Slash!" The sandslash rolled onto the battlefield, uncurled, and flourished its claws.

"Dig, now!" Cecil commanded, not even waiting to see what pokemon Roxie would send out.

"Alright. Tentacool!" Roxie said, summoning yet another water/poison type. It looked around the battlefield, a bit confused at the lack of opposition. "Your opponent is underground, so use Barrier!" Tentacool nodded in understanding. It then created a translucent barrier around itself, which quickly disappeared. 

@@Leafeon,

For a moment there, Tiana’s heart sunk.  The fish Pokemon had disappeared under the sea, nowhere to be seen even after a few seconds had passed.  About to give up and just attempt to swim to shore, Tiana almost had a heart attack when the same Pokemon nudged under her arm, swimming her to shore much faster than if she had tried swimming by herself.  Tiana sighed with satisfaction as her feet touched sand beneath the surface, and she easily walked the rest of the way until the water was just deep enough for the pink fish to be next to her.

“Thanks again, sweetheart,” Tiana expressed her gratitude, gently rubbing the Pokemon on the head.  She hadn’t had much experience with water-types before, so the foreign creature fascinated her immensely.  It had two large, mitten-like fins, one above and one below its heart-shaped body.  Interestingly enough the fins were only able to fold onto the left side of the body, and they looked meaty enough to form a good grip onto something.  Its mouth was formed by a soft beak, and its eyes were accented with scales not unlike long eyelashes.  All in all it was quite beautiful.  Tiana pulled out her (thankfully waterproof) Pokedex, intent on recording data for this Pokemon.

Alomomola, the Caring Pokemon.  It gently holds injured and weak Pokémon in its fins. Its special membrane heals their wounds.  Interesting entry.

“Hmm…”  Tiana hummed thoughtfully, tapping her chin and looking between the Alomomola and the top of the sand dune.  The side of the dune was way too steep to climb, so she supposed the best course of action would be to head for the ruins in the distance.  Hopefully she would meet up with Sasha and Purrl there, but until then…

“Say, Alomomola…”  Tiana began, returning her attention to the pink fish.  “Would you like to come with me?  I could use some help.”

~

@@Umbreon,

Sasha barked once more when Tiana surfaced with the Alomomola, then turned around to find Purrl tapping the fainted Murkrow on the beak lightly, apparently feeling for its breath.

“Nya!”  Purl meowed, lying down and chewing on the Murkrow’s leg experimentally.  She wondered curiously how the Murkrow would taste.

“Fur!”  Sasha barked, appalled, bounding over and headbutting Purrl off of Murkrow.  She had such bad manners.  Purrl hissed briefly in response, then gave up on the Murkrow.  They both proceeded to look up at Lurele, trusting her to lead them back to their trainer somehow.

Edited by Sylveon

The pound on the nose, though not the most effective place to hit, caused Furfrou to stumble back. It then collapsed. "Furfrou is unable to battle!" The referee shouted, as Furfrou was returned to it's pokeball.    "Alright then. Deerling, let's go." Cheren said, summoning his last pokemon. A pink deer-pokemon looked around sleepily. "Use Grass Whistle." Deerling began to whistle, as Cheren covered his ears. The move would hopefully make any hearers of the tune fall asleep.

Karel lay where the Furfrou's toss had landed him.  He smiled as his opponent toppled.  Now that had been fun!  He could have done without the skull-shattering headbutt or the bite that had nearly taken his arm off, but still.  Clutching the arm that had been bitten, he slowly rose to face the next pokemon.

Jacques had no idea what Grass Whistle did, but as soon as he saw Cheren covering his ears, he followed suit.  He had paid dearly for the last two times that he had failed to do that today; once nearly having his eardrums ruptured and the other time falling asleep.  Karel didn't get this memo though.  The Mienfoo took two slow steps towards the Deerling, then fell on his face, now snoring softly.  It was enough for Jacques.  He had already made it farther than he had ever hoped to get in a battle against a gym leader.  A trainer had to know when to call it quits for their pokemon's sake.

"Alright, alright," he said reluctantly to the gym leader, "that's enough.  You've beaten us."  With a flash of light, the Mienfoo was returned to his poke ball.  "I... er... I appreciate you giving me your time.  Um... thanks."  He walked up to Cheren and extended his arm in an offer of a handshake.

@@Leafeon,

Upon seeing her teammate in trouble, Espeon pulls Swablu out of the way with Confusion but gets hit with the Grass Whistle in the process, falling asleep. "Darn, Espeon return." Cilla says before releasing Turtwig to take Espeon's place. "Twig?" the Pokemon says confused. "Turtwig, use Razor leaf on Seel. Swablu try and Peck that Snover." Both Pokemon obey and do their best to attack the other Pokemon.

Sable groans and holds the bridge of her nose upon finding out that yet another gym leader was unavailable. "Great! No really, I didn't want the Basic Badge anyway." Sable says sarcastically. "Come on Umbreon, let's just head to Nimbasa and circle back around later." She says starting to walk away. "Oh and if finding a guy with green hair is for some reason too hard, he's the one with the black and white hat who talks to Pokemon all day." Sable says to the man. As she walks back towards Skyarrow Bridge she does her best to avoid N and get through the forest. "Elesa better be there." Sable says walking along the bridge once more.

Edited by Vaporeon

((Our Internet died, stuck with ugly mobile post for now))

Lurele gave a small sigh as the Murkrow fainted - finally a battle where they hadn't promptly gotten their butts kicked! She looks at Tiana's two Pokemon, about to try and figure out how to help when her Lucario grabs her arm and starts dragging her towards the ruins, and supposedly safety.

"Ah! Rio, stop! The others!"

"Lu!"

Lucario doesn't stop, intent on keeping his trainer safe rather she wanted it or not. The woman had said kill, and those words were still fresh in his mind. There was no way he was letting his Lurele stay around there. Having a hard time resisting the evolved Pokemon's newfound strength, Lurele grits her teeth and calls back towards Sasha and Purrl. "I'm sorry! I... If you follow us, I'll help you find your trainer as soon as we get away from these freaks!"

"Carr!" Lucario shouts back as he turns his head to stare at the two normal types, before nodding his head slightly in agreement to help as well... Once Lurele was out of danger, anyways. Without waiting for their answer he quickly starts dragging Lurele into the entrance of the ruins, past the strange statue, hoping to find somewhere they would be able to lie low for a bit.

@@Leafeon,

"A barrier, huh?" Cecil contemplated as he witnessed Roxie's third pokemon take the field. "That could make thing's more difficult. Not to mention, it's another blasted water type... gah. That's just a load of bullocks."

The sandslash was tirelessly digging away underground. It's acute senses and experience alerted it to the summoning of the enemy above, and it lied in wait where it had heard the pokeball hit the ground. Without a cue from its trainer, it would break onto the surface at any moment now. It knew not what enemy it faced, but was prepared to attack it without fear.

"Think... Warden's new attack, crush claw. It could possibly lower its defense back down. Warden doesn't really have any other attacks it could use, anyway. Roll out wouldn't be resisted, but it is a gamble anyway. We need to think of a way to use our situation to our advantage... Warden's capable of improv, I know. I should trust him."

Warden burst through the ground, popping underneath the tentacool. "Crush Claw, Warden!" Cecil said, putting his hand up to his barren chest, splaying his fingers. "Slash!" The sandslash splayed out its claws, on both arms, reaching towards the tentacool's tendrils specifically. "The tendrils? Is he hoping to grab onto them, perhaps?"

Edited by Aged Rain

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

For a moment there, Tiana’s heart sunk.  The fish Pokemon had disappeared under the sea, nowhere to be seen even after a few seconds had passed.  About to give up and just attempt to swim to shore, Tiana almost had a heart attack when the same Pokemon nudged under her arm, swimming her to shore much faster than if she had tried swimming by herself.  Tiana sighed with satisfaction as her feet touched sand beneath the surface, and she easily walked the rest of the way until the water was just deep enough for the pink fish to be next to her.

“Thanks again, sweetheart,” Tiana expressed her gratitude, gently rubbing the Pokemon on the head.  She hadn’t had much experience with water-types before, so the foreign creature fascinated her immensely.  It had two large, mitten-like fins, one above and one below its heart-shaped body.  Interestingly enough the fins were only able to fold onto the left side of the body, and they looked meaty enough to form a good grip onto something.  Its mouth was formed by a soft beak, and its eyes were accented with scales not unlike long eyelashes.  All in all it was quite beautiful.  Tiana pulled out her (thankfully waterproof) Pokedex, intent on recording data for this Pokemon.

Alomomola, the Caring Pokemon.  It gently holds injured and weak Pokémon in its fins. Its special membrane heals their wounds.  Interesting entry.

“Hmm…”  Tiana hummed thoughtfully, tapping her chin and looking between the Alomomola and the top of the sand dune.  The side of the dune was way too steep to climb, so she supposed the best course of action would be to head for the ruins in the distance.  Hopefully she would meet up with Sasha and Purrl there, but until then…

“Say, Alomomola…”  Tiana began, returning her attention to the pink fish.  “Would you like to come with me?  I could use some help.”

Alomomola did nothing in response to Tiana's question. Once it had brought the girl to the shore, it sunk down in the water somewhat. "Alo..." It said quietly, clearly not sure whether it wished to go with Tiana. On one hand, Alomomola certainly wanted to help the girl. On the other, what if the girl was bad? A lot of people were bad, after all.

Karel lay where the Furfrou's toss had landed him.  He smiled as his opponent toppled.  Now that had been fun!  He could have done without the skull-shattering headbutt or the bite that had nearly taken his arm off, but still.  Clutching the arm that had been bitten, he slowly rose to face the next pokemon.

Jacques had no idea what Grass Whistle did, but as soon as he saw Cheren covering his ears, he followed suit.  He had paid dearly for the last two times that he had failed to do that today; once nearly having his eardrums ruptured and the other time falling asleep.  Karel didn't get this memo though.  The Mienfoo took two slow steps towards the Deerling, then fell on his face, now snoring softly.  It was enough for Jacques.  He had already made it farther than he had ever hoped to get in a battle against a gym leader.  A trainer had to know when to call it quits for their pokemon's sake.

"Alright, alright," he said reluctantly to the gym leader, "that's enough.  You've beaten us."  With a flash of light, the Mienfoo was returned to his poke ball.  "I... er... I appreciate you giving me your time.  Um... thanks."  He walked up to Cheren and extended his arm in an offer of a handshake.

Cheren returned Deerling to it's pokeball, who puffed it's chest out triumphantly. "Excellent work, Deerling." Cheren said, before nodding at Jacques and firmly shaking his hand. "Feel free to challenge me again."

@@Leafeon,

Upon seeing her teammate in trouble, Espeon pulls Swablu out of the way with Confusion but gets hit with the Grass Whistle in the process, falling asleep. "Darn, Espeon return." Cilla says before releasing Turtwig to take Espeon's place. "Twig?" the Pokemon says confused. "Turtwig, use Razor leaf on Seel. Swablu try and Peck that Snover." Both Pokemon obey and do their best to attack the other Pokemon.

Seel was knocked out by Turtwig's Razor Leaf, though Snover still remained able to attack after being pecked. It then fired powdery snow at Swablu, who was still close.

Sable groans and holds the bridge of her nose upon finding out that yet another gym leader was unavailable. "Great! No really, I didn't want the Basic Badge anyway." Sable says sarcastically. "Come on Umbreon, let's just head to Nimbasa and circle back around later." She says starting to walk away. "Oh and if finding a guy with green hair is for some reason too hard, he's the one with the black and white hat who talks to Pokemon all day." Sable says to the man. As she walks back towards Skyarrow Bridge she does her best to avoid N and get through the forest. "Elesa better be there." Sable says walking along the bridge once more.

When Sable arrived at the bridge, having successfully avoided N, the trainer who had been on the bridge before stopped her again. This time, however, he walked in front of her to stop her from passing. Noting the Umbreon was out, he summoned Glalie, much like their last encounter.

((Our Internet died, stuck with ugly mobile post for now))

Lurele gave a small sigh as the Murkrow fainted - finally a battle where they hadn't promptly gotten their butts kicked! She looks at Tiana's two Pokemon, about to try and figure out how to help when her Lucario grabs her arm and starts dragging her towards the ruins, and supposedly safety.

"Ah! Rio, stop! The others!"

"Lu!"

Lucario doesn't stop, intent on keeping his trainer safe rather she wanted it or not. The woman had said kill, and those words were still fresh in his mind. There was no way he was letting his Lurele stay around there. Having a hard time resisting the evolved Pokemon's newfound strength, Lurele grits her teeth and calls back towards Sasha and Purrl. "I'm sorry! I... If you follow us, I'll help you find your trainer as soon as we get away from these freaks!"

"Carr!" Lucario shouts back as he turns his head to stare at the two normal types, before nodding his head slightly in agreement to help as well... Once Lurele was out of danger, anyways. Without waiting for their answer he quickly starts dragging Lurele into the entrance of the ruins, past the strange statue, hoping to find somewhere they would be able to lie low for a bit.

Lucario was quite the fortunate pokemon. It had successfully led it's trainer to safety. The Desert Resort, though big, was also very open. It would be hard to hide in it. Or, at least, that's what the casual onlooker would have thought. As Lucario ran past the strange statue, it suddenly found itself falling, into a large crater of sorts. The ground to said crater wasn't sandy in the slightest, and actually had a hardened mud floor. It would be quite easy to "lay low" here.

@@Leafeon,

"A barrier, huh?" Cecil contemplated as he witnessed Roxie's third pokemon take the field. "That could make thing's more difficult. Not to mention, it's another blasted water type... gah. That's just a load of bullocks."

The sandslash was tirelessly digging away underground. It's acute senses and experience alerted it to the summoning of the enemy above, and it lied in wait where it had heard the pokeball hit the ground. Without a cue from its trainer, it would break onto the surface at any moment now. It knew not what enemy it faced, but was prepared to attack it without fear.

"Think... Warden's new attack, crush claw. It could possibly lower its defense back down. Warden doesn't really have any other attacks it could use, anyway. Roll out wouldn't be resisted, but it is a gamble anyway. We need to think of a way to use our situation to our advantage... Warden's capable of improv, I know. I should trust him."

Warden burst through the ground, popping underneath the tentacool. "Crush Claw, Warden!" Cecil said, putting his hand up to his barren chest, splaying his fingers. "Slash!" The sandslash splayed out its claws, on both arms, reaching towards the tentacool's tendrils specifically. "The tendrils? Is he hoping to grab onto them, perhaps?"

The Crush Claw hit dead-on, causing Tentacool to cry out in pain. It was unable to get away from the Sandslash due to the fact Warden had also latched on to Tentacool's tendril successfully. "Supersonic, followed by Water Pulse!" Once Tentacool had calmed itself down, it did as Roxie had said, which was coincidentally quite soon after she had said her command. Tentacool created a few rays of yellow light from the red parts on it's head, sending them to Sandslash who was right under it. Also convenient, as the next attack - Water Pulse - started from under Tentacool's body. Tentacool created a wave of water from under itself, aimed at Sandslash.

Edited by Leafeon

@@Leafeon

As the ground gave way to the crater, Lucario pulled Lurele down after him and quickly pushed her into the dirt.  "Rio, would you chill!?  We need to go back and help the others!"

"Car!"  Lucario holds a hand against his trainer's back, trying to keep her laying in the crater while staring at her, before slowly starting to get up and climb back out of the crater.

"Rio, stop!  I'm not letting you go alone-"  Lucario pushes her down again, staring at her quietly.  After staring at her Pokemon for a couple minutes, Lurele sighs and pulls him in for a hug.  "...Damn it Rio, you had better be careful!  If you're not back in two minutes I'm coming after you.  Keep your distance, don't let them hit you, and most importantly get back to me safely.  If anything were to happen to you...  Rio, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Her Pokemon smiles at Lurele reassuringly and places a hand on top of her head, the way she had so often done to him as a Riolu, before turning and leaping out of the crater to race back towards the others.

@@Vaporeon,@@Sylveon,  

As Lucario started racing back towards where the others were, the fighting type's hand starts to glow before firing a Vacuum Wave towards the still-fighting Snover.  Without waiting to see if the attack lands, the Pokemon turns to bark at Sasha and Purrl, gesturing towards the direction Tiana had fell.  The fighting type starts searching for a way down the dune without falling the way Tiana had, trying to get to the shore to direct the other trainer back to where he'd left Lurele.

Cheren returned Deerling to it's pokeball, who puffed it's chest out triumphantly. "Excellent work, Deerling." Cheren said, before nodding at Jacques and firmly shaking his hand. "Feel free to challenge me again."

Jacques nodded.  "Er, thank you, I will," he said.  "I'll be back someday.  Perhaps not soon, but I'll be back."  And he meant it; he was determined to challenge Cheren again one day after he had learned more and become stronger.  Then perhaps there would be a different outcome.

Magical time skip to Flocessy Ranch (unless you have objections to this of course)

After the defeat in his first gym leader battle, Jacques decided to shift his focus.  He wouldn't be rash and rush into battle like he had this time.  Next time he faced off against a gym leader, he would be prepared.  In the mean time though, he wanted to learn more about the region and its pokemon.  Exploring would be fun, and he and his companions could get stronger along the way.  However, walking was a terribly slow means of getting from place to place.  That was why he had come to the ranch.  He was going to catch a Ponyta.

In truth, he had never actually seen a Ponyta before, though the descriptions from the locals made it sound like they would be hard to miss.  Supposedly, Ponyta made great companions, and would even allow people to ride them without burning them if you gained their trust.  Jacques figured that that would be the hard part; gaining its trust.  Actually riding it couldn't be too hard.  It was basically just sitting, right?

Jacques leaned against the fence of the paddock, watching the wild pokemon within.  As he expected, the fiery manes and tails made it very difficult to mistake Ponyta for anything else.  They truly were beautiful, though terrifying at the same time.  He started to wonder whether or not this was a good idea, but an impatient squeak from Karel snapped him out of his doubts.  Jacques had promised to get another companion in this ranch, and the Mienfoo would see to it that he kept his word.  The trainer entered the paddock cautiously, an unused poke ball in hand.  "So," he called out to a group of nearby Ponyta, "any of you have any desire to join me?"  He honestly didn't know if they could even understand him, but he supposed it didn't hurt to try.  He wasn't really a fan of the whole 'beat the pokemon into submission and catch them while they're too weak to resist' technique.  "I'll be traveling all across Unova, if any of you are sightseers.  I may even return to Kalos at some point..."  Karel sighed and facepalmed at his trainer's stupidity, then marched up to the nearest Ponyta and began squeaking at it to get its attention.

@@Leafeon

Tiana sighed.  This Alomomola obviously was quite cautious, so she would have to soothe its nerves somehow to earn its trust.  Looking around to make sure no enemies were nearby, she then reached down to gently rub Alomomola’s head once again before doing what she does best.  Her eyelids drooped slightly as she opened her mouth and inhaled before...

Make it last forever
Come on baby won't you hold on to me, hold on to me
You and I together
Mew~

Having finished singing a verse from one of her softer songs, Tiana found herself smiling automatically.  Music just kind of did that to her, she couldn’t really help it.  “I promise you can trust me, but I will understand if you’d rather not come with me,” Tiana spoke, pulling out an empty poke ball from her purse.  “Have you made your choice?”  She asked, holding the poke ball within reach of Alomomola.

~

@@Umbreon,

Sasha and Purrl both followed Lucario and Lurele to the crater area, but were disheartened not to find Tiana waiting there for them.  She must still be struggling to find a way back up the sand dune.

Sasha growled appreciatively when Lucario set out again, this time intent on rescuing Tiana.  She looked to Purrl and tilted her head in the direction of the sea.  “Fur.”

Purrl yawned, honestly somewhat bored, but cooperative nonetheless.  “Nyanyarr,” She replied, following after Lucario as well.

@@Leafeon,

The sandslash successfully latched onto the tentacool's tendrils, shutting its claws back closed from their splayed position to keep the grip tight. "Spin around, now, Warden!" its trainer commanded, and the sandslash started to pivot around, swinging around the tentacool like an Olympic hammer-thrower. "maybe, just maybe, we can confuse the tentacool. Or, you know, throw it around for good damage."

Then, the tentacool regained its nerves, and fired a supersonic. Given the close proximity of the two pokemon, it most certainly hit the sandslash, who was befuddled and disorientated by the rays of light. The sandslash was already in the process of swinging the tentacool, though, and the sandslash was continuing by simple momentum.

Then, came the water. Pouring out of the spinning enemy, the water pulse went everywhere, spraying the battlefield down, and of course, hitting the sandslash for super-effective damage. This hurt the pokemon, of course, but the sandslash was quite confused already and the stinging pain of rushing water wasn't the first thing occupying its mind.

A stray splash of water was coming directly for Cecil, and he stepped back to try and avoid it. Unfortunately for him, the water still hit him. Or, at least, his shoes. "Gah! Why must this battle be such a mess? Soggy shoes are the worst." He sat down on the floor, and took off his footwear, showing his bare, tender but honed, feet, flexing and wiggling the toes to get any stuck water to drip off.

The sandslash was still spinning, having picked up quite a bit of momentum from the pulse of water. But, it finally tripped over its feet, and fell onto the ground, slamming the grappled tentacool down with it. "Sla~a~a~ash?" The pokemon exclaimed on the ground, quite dizzy and eyes still spinning, but still inadvertently gripping onto the enemy's tendrils due to his claws naturally wanting to stay closed.

@@Leafeon,

Sable rolled her eyes at the sight of the trainer and his Glalie. "Really not in the mood right now. If you wanna screw with me then fine. I assure you I won't lose to some random guy on the side of the bridge and his Glalie." As she says this Umbreon takes a fighting stance, more than happy to attack both the man and his Pokemon.

Turtwig, upon seeing the incoming Powdery Snow, leapt in front of Swablu in an attempt to keep the attack from hurting it's teammate. "Oh my. Turtwig be careful..." Cilla says as see sees Turtwig take the hit, not noticing Lucario's Vacuum Wave.

Jacques nodded.  "Er, thank you, I will," he said.  "I'll be back someday.  Perhaps not soon, but I'll be back."  And he meant it; he was determined to challenge Cheren again one day after he had learned more and become stronger.  Then perhaps there would be a different outcome.

Magical time skip to Flocessy Ranch (unless you have objections to this of course)

After the defeat in his first gym leader battle, Jacques decided to shift his focus.  He wouldn't be rash and rush into battle like he had this time.  Next time he faced off against a gym leader, he would be prepared.  In the mean time though, he wanted to learn more about the region and its pokemon.  Exploring would be fun, and he and his companions could get stronger along the way.  However, walking was a terribly slow means of getting from place to place.  That was why he had come to the ranch.  He was going to catch a Ponyta.

In truth, he had never actually seen a Ponyta before, though the descriptions from the locals made it sound like they would be hard to miss.  Supposedly, Ponyta made great companions, and would even allow people to ride them without burning them if you gained their trust.  Jacques figured that that would be the hard part; gaining its trust.  Actually riding it couldn't be too hard.  It was basically just sitting, right?

Jacques leaned against the fence of the paddock, watching the wild pokemon within.  As he expected, the fiery manes and tails made it very difficult to mistake Ponyta for anything else.  They truly were beautiful, though terrifying at the same time.  He started to wonder whether or not this was a good idea, but an impatient squeak from Karel snapped him out of his doubts.  Jacques had promised to get another companion in this ranch, and the Mienfoo would see to it that he kept his word.  The trainer entered the paddock cautiously, an unused poke ball in hand.  "So," he called out to a group of nearby Ponyta, "any of you have any desire to join me?"  He honestly didn't know if they could even understand him, but he supposed it didn't hurt to try.  He wasn't really a fan of the whole 'beat the pokemon into submission and catch them while they're too weak to resist' technique.  "I'll be traveling all across Unova, if any of you are sightseers.  I may even return to Kalos at some point..."  Karel sighed and facepalmed at his trainer's stupidity, then marched up to the nearest Ponyta and began squeaking at it to get its attention.

Some of the Ponyta turned their heads to look at the trainer, but then continued to graze. None of them appeared to want to join him on his quest.

When Karel walked up to one of the Ponyta, it backed up, shying away from the little fighting type. Another Ponyta galloped up to stand between the two, leaving the shy Ponyta to run away. It glared at the little Mienfoo, blowing steam out of its nostrils.

@@Leafeon

Tiana sighed.  This Alomomola obviously was quite cautious, so she would have to soothe its nerves somehow to earn its trust.  Looking around to make sure no enemies were nearby, she then reached down to gently rub Alomomola’s head once again before doing what she does best.  Her eyelids drooped slightly as she opened her mouth and inhaled before...

Make it last forever

You and I together

Mew~

Having finished singing a verse from one of her softer songs, Tiana found herself smiling automatically.  Music just kind of did that to her, she couldn’t really help it.  “I promise you can trust me, but I will understand if you’d rather not come with me,” Tiana spoke, pulling out an empty poke ball from her purse.  “Have you made your choice?”  She asked, holding the poke ball within reach of Alomomola.

Alomomola listened to the song with a content gaze. Surely someone with such a beautiful voice couldn't be too bad, right? Alomomola carefully swam to the edge of the water, lightly tapping the ball and going into it. The pokeball shook in Tiana's hand. One... Two... Three. The pokeball remained shut. Alomomola has been caught.

250px-594Alomomola.png

Alomomola! The Caring pokemon! The special membrane enveloping Alomomola has the ability to heal wounds.

Gender: Female                  OT: Tiana (Sylveon)                 Nature: Gentle/Alert to sounds (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Aqua Ring, Heal Pulse, Protect, and Water Pulse. Can be taught Aqua Jet, and Healing Wish with minimum training.

Ability: Healer

@@Leafeon,

The sandslash successfully latched onto the tentacool's tendrils, shutting its claws back closed from their splayed position to keep the grip tight. "Spin around, now, Warden!" its trainer commanded, and the sandslash started to pivot around, swinging around the tentacool like an Olympic hammer-thrower. "maybe, just maybe, we can confuse the tentacool. Or, you know, throw it around for good damage."

Then, the tentacool regained its nerves, and fired a supersonic. Given the close proximity of the two pokemon, it most certainly hit the sandslash, who was befuddled and disorientated by the rays of light. The sandslash was already in the process of swinging the tentacool, though, and the sandslash was continuing by simple momentum.

Then, came the water. Pouring out of the spinning enemy, the water pulse went everywhere, spraying the battlefield down, and of course, hitting the sandslash for super-effective damage. This hurt the pokemon, of course, but the sandslash was quite confused already and the stinging pain of rushing water wasn't the first thing occupying its mind.

A stray splash of water was coming directly for Cecil, and he stepped back to try and avoid it. Unfortunately for him, the water still hit him. Or, at least, his shoes. "Gah! Why must this battle be such a mess? Soggy shoes are the worst." He sat down on the floor, and took off his footwear, showing his bare, tender but honed, feet, flexing and wiggling the toes to get any stuck water to drip off.

The sandslash was still spinning, having picked up quite a bit of momentum from the pulse of water. But, it finally tripped over its feet, and fell onto the ground, slamming the grappled tentacool down with it. "Sla~a~a~ash?" The pokemon exclaimed on the ground, quite dizzy and eyes still spinning, but still inadvertently gripping onto the enemy's tendrils due to his claws naturally wanting to stay closed.

Roxie's left eye twitched slightly as Cecil took off his shoes. "Did you come to my gym just to strip?!" She questioned, clearly angry, before suddenly blushing. She then shook her head, trying to stop the colour from growing on her cheeks. "Agh! Use Bubblebeam Tentacool! Propel yourself away!" 

Tentacool was still trapped by Sandslash. It was attempting to rid Tentacool from it's tendril, much to no avail. At Roxie's command, it used Bubblebeam on Sandslash's head. The move gave Tentacool just enough propulsion to rid itself of Sandslash, and move to the other side of the field.

@@Vaporeon,@@Sylveon,  

As Lucario started racing back towards where the others were, the fighting type's hand starts to glow before firing a Vacuum Wave towards the still-fighting Snover.  Without waiting to see if the attack lands, the Pokemon turns to bark at Sasha and Purrl, gesturing towards the direction Tiana had fell.  The fighting type starts searching for a way down the dune without falling the way Tiana had, trying to get to the shore to direct the other trainer back to where he'd left Lurele.

@@Leafeon,

Turtwig, upon seeing the incoming Powdery Snow, leapt in front of Swablu in an attempt to keep the attack from hurting it's teammate. "Oh my. Turtwig be careful..." Cilla says as see sees Turtwig take the hit, not noticing Lucario's Vacuum Wave.

The Vacuum Wave knocked out the Snover. There were no other pokemon that could fight left in the area, either, and many of the other grunts were waking up. Snover, Seel, and Murkrow were all returned to their pokeballs. However, instead of summoning more pokemon, the grunts fled to their vehicles. Some going back to Castelia, but others were headed right for Cillia and Lucario.

@@Leafeon,

Sable rolled her eyes at the sight of the trainer and his Glalie. "Really not in the mood right now. If you wanna screw with me then fine. I assure you I won't lose to some random guy on the side of the bridge and his Glalie." As she says this Umbreon takes a fighting stance, more than happy to attack both the man and his Pokemon.

"Use Double Team." The man commanded his Glalie. Glalie created copies of itself that surrounded both Umbreon and Sable.

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon@@Umbreon,

Tiana grinned, having successfully captured Alomomola.  Now she had to come up with a nickname for her.  “Hmm, let’s see…”  She hummed, looking out into the sea as she pondered her options.  “Well, you are the Caring Pokemon, and you have ‘mom’ in your species name, so…OOH, Big Momma!”  Tiana declared happily, the name coming to her rather quickly this time.  Big Momma’s poke ball rocked back and forth in her hand, signifying that Alomomola approved of her new nickname.

“Alrighty then, now let’s get back to the others.”  Looking back up at the sand dune, she had to do a double-take because now she could see Lucario looking down towards her.  Tiana waved, walking out of the water’s shallows and alongside the bottom of the dune.  Hopefully Lucario could see that she was, for the most part, fine, although her clothes and bag were soaked through and her hair wasn’t nearly as neat as before.  She was going to head towards the ruins in the distance, as per Lurele’s original plan; it seemed that there was another dune a little ways away that wasn’t nearly as steep as the one she had fell down.  She began climbing the dune as soon as she reached it, the sand still shifty but manageable to climb.

~

Sasha noticed the grunts driving towards Cilla and Lucario in their vans, and she snarled ferociously in warning before backing up.  She wasn’t about to let these guys foil their plans of reuniting with Tiana, but at the same time she had no way of taking on metal vehicles.

Purrl, on the other hand, ran past all three of them, jumping through a van's open window and attacking one of the grunts with a Fury Swipes.  She was just a little more than irritated right now; these people were keeping her from taking a midday nap.  "Nyarrr!"  She hissed, claws extended as she clawed away at the grunt's face.

Edited by Sylveon

@@Leafeon,@@Sylveon, @@Vaporeon,  

Lucario's ears twitch a little at the sound of the cars coming closer, the fighting type quickly tearing his gaze towards the vehicles.  He'd seen Tiana making her way towards where Lurele was - he just had to buy time for them to both stay hidden.  "Caaarrrr!"  The spikes on the back of Lucario's hands glow and extend as he readies Metal Claw, rushing forward towards the lead car.

As he gets close, Lucario rolls to the side and attempts to slice through one of the tires with his claws.  Jumping back to his feet he keeps moving so as to try and avoid a counter attack, striking at the rear tire as well before rushing towards the next car in the line.  "Lucario!"  He leaps onto the hood of the second car, plunging his claws down through the hood under his feet hoping to hit something important, before jumping off to the side and trying to hit one of that car's tires as well.  He had to do what he could to disable them...  Then he had to get back to Lurele!

@@Leafeon,

Cecil blushed a bit at Roxie's remark, as he stood up. "I couldn't help it!" He shook his head, regaining his nerve, and straightened his posture. "no, wait, I can totally work this to my advantage. I must! Great trainers such as myself must always use whatever resources they have for victory." He ran his hand through his hair, and gave the Gym Leader a (what he would assume to be)seductive glare, "why, do I make you bothered?"

Meanwhile, the bubblebeam was too much for the valiant sandslash to handle, and it could not get up from the ground, "-sand..."

Cecil let out a sigh, "it's alright, partner. Come on back," he returned his pokemon to its pokeball. He turned to his last remaining pokemon, "alright Scout, let's finish this." "-Lithe!" the growlithe bounded on to field, landing with his legs spread far apart as he readied himself to face the foe.

"again, she may have the type advantage, but I will not allow that to determine the outcome. A truly great trainer such as myself can overcome such adversity. We should utilize Scout's superior mobility. And, hopefully..." he gave Roxie another wink, "we can catch them unawares..."

Cecil bent down to order his pokemon beneath his breath, "agility, don't stay still for a moment. Keep picking up speed until you see an opening, then Take it Down!" The growlithe yelped a "grow!" in understanding, and started running around the battlefield. Cecil straightened back up, and every now and then would strike a pose for Roxie's sake.

Edited by Aged Rain

When Karel walked up to one of the Ponyta, it backed up, shying away from the little fighting type. Another Ponyta galloped up to stand between the two, leaving the shy Ponyta to run away. It glared at the little Mienfoo, blowing steam out of its nostrils.

Karel appeared unfazed by the Ponyta's obvious warning, though he did stop squeaking.  There wasn't really a point to it once he had gotten their attention.  The Mienfoo looked on curiously.  He had never actually seen a Ponyta either.  Admittedly, they were quite impressive.  He had to wonder what this Ponyta would do if...  No, that was a monstrously stupid idea.  But then again, what was the worst that could happen?  Ignoring all of his rational senses, Karel walked up to the Ponyta, trying to look as non-threatening as possible, and poked it.

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon@@Umbreon,

Tiana grinned, having successfully captured Alomomola.  Now she had to come up with a nickname for her.  “Hmm, let’s see…”  She hummed, looking out into the sea as she pondered her options.  “Well, you are the Caring Pokemon, and you have ‘mom’ in your species name, so…OOH, Big Momma!”  Tiana declared happily, the name coming to her rather quickly this time.  Big Momma’s poke ball rocked back and forth in her hand, signifying that Alomomola approved of her new nickname.

“Alrighty then, now let’s get back to the others.”  Looking back up at the sand dune, she had to do a double-take because now she could see Lucario looking down towards her.  Tiana waved, walking out of the water’s shallows and alongside the bottom of the dune.  Hopefully Lucario could see that she was, for the most part, fine, although her clothes and bag were soaked through and her hair wasn’t nearly as neat as before.  She was going to head towards the ruins in the distance, as per Lurele’s original plan; it seemed that there was another dune a little ways away that wasn’t nearly as steep as the one she had fell down.  She began climbing the dune as soon as she reached it, the sand still shifty but manageable to climb.

((Not exactly sure which dune you're referencing exactly, so I'll assume it's the one Lurele's near.))

Tiana managed to climb down the dune without so much of an incident. She had climbed down into a large crater, where Lurele also was. A Dwebble had apparently followed her. It looked at Tiana for a bit, then attempted to run around her feet.

Sasha noticed the grunts driving towards Cilla and Lucario in their vans, and she snarled ferociously in warning before backing up.  She wasn’t about to let these guys foil their plans of reuniting with Tiana, but at the same time she had no way of taking on metal vehicles.

Purrl, on the other hand, ran past all three of them, jumping through a van's open window and attacking one of the grunts with a Fury Swipes.  She was just a little more than irritated right now; these people were keeping her from taking a midday nap.  "Nyarrr!"  She hissed, claws extended as she clawed away at the grunt's face.

A few seconds after Purrl had jumped into the car's window, a loud sound could be heard from it. The sound of a screaming man who may or may not have been having his face ripped off at the current point in time. The care began to swerve, and vered heavily to the left. It then crashed into a formidable sand dune, its back tires still spinning out. 

Though getting rid of one vehicle was certainly impressive in it's own right, no other vehicles were stopped by the stuck car. All of them veered around the stuck vehicle, not one grunt stopping to see if their fellow comrade was alright.

@@Leafeon,@@Sylveon, @@Vaporeon,  

Lucario's ears twitch a little at the sound of the cars coming closer, the fighting type quickly tearing his gaze towards the vehicles.  He'd seen Tiana making her way towards where Lurele was - he just had to buy time for them to both stay hidden.  "Caaarrrr!"  The spikes on the back of Lucario's hands glow and extend as he readies Metal Claw, rushing forward towards the lead car.

As he gets close, Lucario rolls to the side and attempts to slice through one of the tires with his claws.  Jumping back to his feet he keeps moving so as to try and avoid a counter attack, striking at the rear tire as well before rushing towards the next car in the line.  "Lucario!"  He leaps onto the hood of the second car, plunging his claws down through the hood under his feet hoping to hit something important, before jumping off to the side and trying to hit one of that car's tires as well.  He had to do what he could to disable them...  Then he had to get back to Lurele!

The grunt within the leading car poked his head out as Lucario approached. An audible "Huh." escaped his mouth. It appeared that this Lucario was helping him do his job. The grunt, not being very smart (probably hence why he was a grunt), didn't notice the possibility of Lucario actually having a plan or something of the like. Lucario easily slashed through both the front and rear tires on the right side of the car. The car swerved, and eventually turned a complete 90 degrees. The motion stopped multiple other cars. Some crashing into it, and others simply having nowhere to turn to.

The next car in line was a rather big truck. It most likely held some equipment of one type or another. A bit odd to be risking damage to it by going after some good-for-nothing kids, but nonetheless it was Lucario's next target. Due to the size of the vehicle, it was near impossible to hit anything of importance. However, steam did appear to be coming out from the puncture. 

This grunt was a tad more sharp than the previous. He managed to swerve his vehicle out of the way before Lucario slash the tires. Hopefully another car would get that annoying pokemon.

@@Leafeon,

Cecil blushed a bit at Roxie's remark, as he stood up. "I couldn't help it!" He shook his head, regaining his nerve, and straightened his posture. "no, wait, I can totally work this to my advantage. I must! Great trainers such as myself must always use whatever resources they have for victory." He ran his hand through his hair, and gave the Gym Leader a (what he would assume to be)seductive glare, "why, do I make you bothered?"

Meanwhile, the bubblebeam was too much for the valiant sandslash to handle, and it could not get up from the ground, "-sand..."

Cecil let out a sigh, "it's alright, partner. Come on back," he returned his pokemon to its pokeball. He turned to his last remaining pokemon, "alright Scout, let's finish this." "-Lithe!" the growlithe bounded on to field, landing with his legs spread far apart as he readied himself to face the foe.

"again, she may have the type advantage, but I will not allow that to determine the outcome. A truly great trainer such as myself can overcome such adversity. We should utilize Scout's superior mobility. And, hopefully..." he gave Roxie another wink, "we can catch them unawares..."

Cecil bent down to order his pokemon beneath his breath, "agility, don't stay still for a moment. Keep picking up speed until you see an opening, then Take it Down!" The growlithe yelped a "grow!" in understanding, and started running around the battlefield. Cecil straightened back up, and every now and then would strike a pose for Roxie's sake.

Roxie gritted her teeth, her face turning even brighter red than before. A color which completely contrasted the rest of her outfit, making it even more visible than it normally would be. She pointed a finger at Cecil, her left eyebrow twitching slightly. "What kinda question is that?!" She asked, clearly annoyed. "Anyone would be bothered if their gym was disgraced like this!" 

At this point, Tentacool had determined that it was on its own. Especially after the opposition had winked at it's trainer, which had caused her to quickly look away from the battle. As Growlithe picked up speed, Tentacool put up another Barrier, then sighed to itself. Now the opposition was making weird poses. How annoying they were.

Karel appeared unfazed by the Ponyta's obvious warning, though he did stop squeaking.  There wasn't really a point to it once he had gotten their attention.  The Mienfoo looked on curiously.  He had never actually seen a Ponyta either.  Admittedly, they were quite impressive.  He had to wonder what this Ponyta would do if...  No, that was a monstrously stupid idea.  But then again, what was the worst that could happen?  Ignoring all of his rational senses, Karel walked up to the Ponyta, trying to look as non-threatening as possible, and poked it.

Ponyta remained in its intimidating state until Karel decided to touch it. This tiny fighting type must have been out of its mind. Ponyta raised a hoof, and attempted to Stomp on top of Mienfoo's head with one of its front hooves.

Ponyta remained in its intimidating state until Karel decided to touch it. This tiny fighting type must have been out of its mind. Ponyta raised a hoof, and attempted to Stomp on top of Mienfoo's head with one of its front hooves.

The hoof hit Karel's head with a smack, sending him stumbling backwards.  He realized that he should have had a Detect ready beforehand (that was usually a safe thing to do before going off and doing stupid things), but it wasn't a problem.  He could just go ahead and do that now.

Jacques finally noticed what the little Mienfoo was getting up to, and was less than pleased.  "Nonononono!" he called out.  "We're supposed to be making friends with them, not antagonizing them!"  He ran up and tried to grab the pokemon by the scruff of his neck, but the already prepared Detect had given him dramatically heightened senses which allowed him to dodge the grab with ease.  That having failed, and with Karel already walking towards the wild Ponyta again, Jacques just tackled the Mienfoo to the ground.  With the squirming fighting type pinned underneath him, Jacques looked up to the Ponyta and said, "I sincerely apologize.  I really need to keep a better eye on this guy..."  Then, remembering that poke balls existed, he fished Karel's out of his jacket and returned him.

He stood up, and began to brush the dust off of his clothes.  Catching pokemon is difficult, he thought with a sigh as he looked at the Ponyta.  He hardly knew how he had caught the pokemon he had!  For Mara, several years ago, he had just thrown a quick ball out of impulse, hoping that the Abra wouldn't teleport away, and oddly that worked.  As for Karel, he had just started following him when he was on his way to the ship that would take him to Unova, and had happily agreed to join him on the journey.

Jacques went into his backpack and pulled out a bag of food that most pokemon seemed to like (or, at least his pokemon would eat it).  He grabbed a handful of it and offered it to the Ponyta.  "Here, for the trouble that my Mienfoo caused you," he told it.  "You don't have to eat it out of my hand, but I didn't think that you would want to eat it off of the ground."

Edited by Antismurf9001

@@Leafeon,

Sable raised an eyebrow before saying "Quick Attack." Umbreon then disappeared from where it stood as it attacked each Galie clone with incredible speed.

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

Cilla quickly jumps out of the way and watches as Lucario takes care of the lead car while Purrl took care of another. "Swablu, Turtwig, get back it's too dangerous." She said recalling her Pokemon. "It's your turn Mareep!" Cilla said releasing the electric sheep who gave a confused "Baaa?" Before cowering at the sight of all the cars and the loud noices they created. "Calm down, boy. I need you to use Thunder Shock on one of those cars." Mareep gives another "Baa." before becoming engulfed in electricity and shooting it at one of the nearby cars, hopefully disabling it.

Edited by Vaporeon

@@Sylveon,

Lurele gasps when Tiana slides into the crater next to her, a Pokeball in one hand and her other hand balled up into a fist as though she'd been ready to punch the first grunt to come over the edge.   "Oh, it's just you...  Where's Rio!?  He was supposed to be right back as soon as he'd found you!"  Lurele's eyes go wide as she starts to scramble up the crater, an obvious look of worry on her face.  "What happened to him!?"

@@Leafeon,@@Vaporeon,  

Lucario took a moment to assess the situation as he rolls away from the truck, a small smirk on the Pokemon's face as he sees his plan, for the most part, seeming to work.  Now he just had to get back to Lurele before she came after him...  But there was one last issue to take care of first.

Darting forward to the first of the cars to have stopped, Lucario quickly reaches into the open window to try and pry Purrl off of the man's face.  "Cario!"  He barks towards the Purrloin before trying to gesture her back towards Sasha, then starts racing back towards the ruins where he'd left Lurele.  

Edited by Umbreon

@@Umbreon@@Leafeon,

Tiana reached the top of the dune, and had just slid down into the crater alongside Lurele.  “I saw him at the top of the sand dune that I fell down…it was a little while ago…”  Tiana wondered, also starting to worry.  Looking around, she noticed the absence of her own Pokemon.  “Oh no…where are Sasha and Purrl?!”  She was completely oblivious to the little Dwebble following her.

~

@@Umbreon@@Leafeon,

Even though she had successfully crashed the car, Purrl continued to claw the man’s face off until she was pulled away by Lucario.  Hissing one last time at the grunt, she followed Lucario’s advice and joined back up with Sasha.

“Furfrou…”  Sasha huffed appreciatively, impressed with Purrl’s actions.  She has proven herself to be a great addition to Tiana’s team.  Sasha licked the top of Purrl’s head to clean off a bit of sand before the two of them raced towards Tiana and Lurele.

@@Leafeon,

"Disgraced?" Cecil balked, and put a hand over his barren chest, fingers splayed for dramatic effect. "I'll have you know that you should consider this an honor! Back in Kalos I was a well-known and well-regarded male model!" He exclaimed, mostly lying. "To think I would waste my talents in a filthy city like this, why, the very idea of it is absurd!"

"Okay... not well known; it was just that one time that I modeled. But, still, I am very talented, and could make a career out of it if I chose."

"But alas," Cecil said, putting his hand up to his lips, before flourishing his hand for further dramatic effect, "I am more then willing to put up with such an environment for the benefit of such a lovely person." He gave a wink to Roxie

"as in, myself. This is proving quite beneficial to me. Silly Gym Leader."

Meanwhile, his growlithe was bounding across the field, maneuvering every which way, accelerating further and further, keeping his eyes locked on the enemy. Upon reaching his top speed, the growlithe considered simply barreling into the enemy.

But... it looked so soft and squishy. Not the red parts, of course, those looked too... odd. But, still, saliva was forming around its lips as it imagined biting down into it. Not for food, but simply to bite for the sake of it. Oh how the growlithe loved to bite new things.

It ran towards the tentacool, putting its entire weight and speed into a take down. But so, too, did it open it maw and attempt to bite into the squishier blue parts of the enemy.

(edited)

The hoof hit Karel's head with a smack, sending him stumbling backwards.  He realized that he should have had a Detect ready beforehand (that was usually a safe thing to do before going off and doing stupid things), but it wasn't a problem.  He could just go ahead and do that now.

Jacques finally noticed what the little Mienfoo was getting up to, and was less than pleased.  "Nonononono!" he called out.  "We're supposed to be making friends with them, not antagonizing them!"  He ran up and tried to grab the pokemon by the scruff of his neck, but the already prepared Detect had given him dramatically heightened senses which allowed him to dodge the grab with ease.  That having failed, and with Karel already walking towards the wild Ponyta again, Jacques just tackled the Mienfoo to the ground.  With the squirming fighting type pinned underneath him, Jacques looked up to the Ponyta and said, "I sincerely apologize.  I really need to keep a better eye on this guy..."  Then, remembering that poke balls existed, he fished Karel's out of his jacket and returned him.

He stood up, and began to brush the dust off of his clothes.  Catching pokemon is difficult, he thought with a sigh as he looked at the Ponyta.  He hardly knew how he had caught the pokemon he had!  For Mara, several years ago, he had just thrown a quick ball out of impulse, hoping that the Abra wouldn't teleport away, and oddly that worked.  As for Karel, he had just started following him when he was on his way to the ship that would take him to Unova, and had happily agreed to join him on the journey.

Jacques went into his backpack and pulled out a bag of food that most pokemon seemed to like (or, at least his pokemon would eat it).  He grabbed a handful of it and offered it to the Ponyta.  "Here, for the trouble that my Mienfoo caused you," he told it.  "You don't have to eat it out of my hand, but I didn't think that you would want to eat it off of the ground."

Ponyta whinnied in enjoyment, clearly amused by the events unfolding before it. The trainer and his pokemon were just so funny together to the little fire type. He might have not been a fan of pokemon trainers, but perhaps this one was alright.

Ponyta's suspicions seemed to be confirmed as some food was placed before it. It sniffed it, as to make sure the food wasn't poisoned or anything, then licked it cautiously. Ponyta then backed up a few steps, and squinted its eyes at the trainer. Surely one couldn't be this nice, as just earlier, that girl had endangered its entire herd! However, maybe the fire type was wrong. It didn't mind food, after all. Cautiously walking back up to Jacques, Ponyta bit down on the food. It might have bitten on Jacques' hand as well...

@@Leafeon,

Sable raised an eyebrow before saying "Quick Attack." Umbreon then disappeared from where it stood as it attacked each Galie clone with incredible speed.

Before Umbreon could inevitably attack the real Glalie, the remaining illusions all put up a force field. Though Umbreon was still able to pass through and destroy the duplicates, it did no damage to the real Glalie. "Use Headbutt." The trainer commanded, as Glalie threw all of its weight towards Umbreon, trying to send the dark type flying off the bridge, or at least something like that.

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

Cilla quickly jumps out of the way and watches as Lucario takes care of the lead car while Purrl took care of another. "Swablu, Turtwig, get back it's too dangerous." She said recalling her Pokemon. "It's your turn Mareep!" Cilla said releasing the electric sheep who gave a confused "Baaa?" Before cowering at the sight of all the cars and the loud noices they created. "Calm down, boy. I need you to use Thunder Shock on one of those cars." Mareep gives another "Baa." before becoming engulfed in electricity and shooting it at one of the nearby cars, hopefully disabling it.

The electric shock proved to be a very formidable strategy. As Mareep began to glow brighter and brighter, quite a few drivers were blinded, and therefore crashed into each other and/or sand dunes. The others' cars malfunctioned as the electricity disabled the engines. Cilla's technique was so effective, that not a single person was now able to attack her. It would be safe to flee at this point. 

@@Leafeon,@@Vaporeon,  

Lucario took a moment to assess the situation as he rolls away from the truck, a small smirk on the Pokemon's face as he sees his plan, for the most part, seeming to work.  Now he just had to get back to Lurele before she came after him...  But there was one last issue to take care of first.

Darting forward to the first of the cars to have stopped, Lucario quickly reaches into the open window to try and pry Purrl off of the man's face.  "Cario!"  He barks towards the Purrloin before trying to gesture her back towards Sasha, then starts racing back towards the ruins where he'd left Lurele.  

@@Umbreon@@Leafeon,

Even though she had successfully crashed the car, Purrl continued to claw the man’s face off until she was pulled away by Lucario.  Hissing one last time at the grunt, she followed Lucario’s advice and joined back up with Sasha.

“Furfrou…”  Sasha huffed appreciatively, impressed with Purrl’s actions.  She has proven herself to be a great addition to Tiana’s team.  Sasha licked the top of Purrl’s head to clean off a bit of sand before the two of them raced towards Tiana and Lurele.

The grunt made no motions to try to stop Purrl from escaping. In fact, he was most likely grateful the feline was being dragged away, as he might have died if the pokemon had decided to strike at something a bit more important. Since Cilla had disabled all of the other cars successfully, the trio of pokemon managed to successfully reach Lurele and Tiana.

@@Umbreon@@Leafeon,

Tiana reached the top of the dune, and had just slid down into the crater alongside Lurele.  “I saw him at the top of the sand dune that I fell down…it was a little while ago…”  Tiana wondered, also starting to worry.  Looking around, she noticed the absence of her own Pokemon.  “Oh no…where are Sasha and Purrl?!”  She was completely oblivious to the little Dwebble following her.

Dwebble continued to run around Tiana's feet until Lucario, Purrl, and Sasha appeared. It then hid behind her legs, letting out a scared "Dweeebble..." It then attempted to run away from the pokemon, but as soon as it noticed Lurele, began to run around her instead.

@@Leafeon,

"Disgraced?" Cecil balked, and put a hand over his barren chest, fingers splayed for dramatic effect. "I'll have you know that you should consider this an honor! Back in Kalos I was a well-known and well-regarded male model!" He exclaimed, mostly lying. "To think I would waste my talents in a filthy city like this, why, the very idea of it is absurd!"

"Okay... not well known; it was just that one time that I modeled. But, still, I am very talented, and could make a career out of it if I chose."

"But alas," Cecil said, putting his hand up to his lips, before flourishing his hand for further dramatic effect, "I am more then willing to put up with such an environment for the benefit of such a lovely person." He gave a wink to Roxie

"as in, myself. This is proving quite beneficial to me. Silly Gym Leader."

Meanwhile, his growlithe was bounding across the field, maneuvering every which way, accelerating further and further, keeping his eyes locked on the enemy. Upon reaching his top speed, the growlithe considered simply barreling into the enemy.

But... it looked so soft and squishy. Not the red parts, of course, those looked too... odd. But, still, saliva was forming around its lips as it imagined biting down into it. Not for food, but simply to bite for the sake of it. Oh how the growlithe loved to bite new things.

It ran towards the tentacool, putting its entire weight and speed into a take down. But so, too, did it open it maw and attempt to bite into the squishier blue parts of the enemy.

Roxie tilted her head in confusion at Cecil's remark, then begun to laugh. "You? A model? Oh gimme a break!" She said in between loud laughs. "Your looks are about on par with this 'filthy' ci-" Roxie suddenly cut herself off, as Cecil made his next comment. Was that a compliment? An insult? A general remark about what was so obviously true? Regardless, she looked away, looking to fiddle with her nails. She just had to get this trainer out of here somehow...

Meanwhile, Tentacool was trying its hardest to not let Roxie down. As Growlithe's Take Down neared, it put up yet another Barrier. Though Growlithe managed to not only hit Tentacool, but also bite down on it, the attack did much less than it normally would. Regardless, Tentacool still cried out in pain, bringing Roxie's attention back to the battle. "Ah! Tentacool!" She exclaimed, noting the fact Growlithe had bitten it. "Use Supersonic, then Bubble Beam!" Roxie shouted. Tentacool nodded once it had regained its nerves, and fired a ray of yellow light at its opposition. The light was followed by an array of bubbles, with the hope that the propulsion would free the water type from Growlithe's fangs.

Edited by Leafeon

Ponyta whinnied in enjoyment, clearly amused by the events unfolding before it. The trainer and his pokemon were just so funny together to the little fire type. He might have not been a fan of pokemon trainers, but perhaps this one was alright.   Ponyta's suspicions seemed to be confirmed as some food was placed before it. It sniffed it, as to make sure the food wasn't poisoned or anything, then licked it cautiously. Ponyta then backed up a few steps, and squinted its eyes at the trainer. Surely one couldn't be this nice, as just earlier, that girl had endangered its entire herd! However, maybe the fire type was wrong. It didn't mind food, after all. Cautiously walking back up to Jacques, Ponyta bit down on the food. It might have bitten on Jacques' hand as well...

As the wild Ponyta began to approach, Jacques looked away.  He had heard from somewhere that wild pokemon would often be nervous if you looked them in the eyes.  Though he couldn't see it, he could hear it coming closer, and eventually feel the fire type start to eat from his hand.  At this, he smiled, until he felt a sharp jab of pain in said hand.  "Ow!  Owowow!" he cried out, jumping back and clutching his wounded hand.  He looked at the Ponyta in wide-eyed confusion, and then for some reason he started to laugh.  He couldn't say why, but he found this so funny!  "Haha!  You're quite the interesting one!" he said to the Ponyta.

Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind.  Could this be the pokemon he was looking for?  He liked it well enough, and he was looking for a Ponyta.  It was possible that the fire type didn't like him and would flat out refuse his offer, but he wouldn't know until he tried.  "Hey... so I was curious...  I'm looking for a companion to help me out; particularly a fast companion who can help me get from place to place."  He then released Karel and Mara from their poke balls so that the Ponyta could see them.  "I wanted to know if you would like to... er... if you would like to join us?  I admit, we're not particularly strong right now, and we're honestly not aiming to be League Champions or anything, but we're hoping to make a name for ourselves in this world, whatever it may be."  Finally, he pulled a poke ball from his pack, and rolled it towards the Ponyta.  "So yeah," he said, "it's your choice.  I won't force you or anything, but I do think you'd be a valuable addition to our team."