Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

@@Leafeon@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,

Lurele was just about to climb out of the crater when her Lucario jumped over the side of it, grabbing his trainer and pulling her back down to safety.  "Rio!"  The trainer quickly pulled her Pokemon in for a hug, though she soon recoiled and held a hand to her chest.  "Ow!"  Her gaze locked onto the spike on his chest for a moment before she started laughing, pulling him in for a more careful hug.  "Gonna have to get used to that..."

As she starts to pull away from her Pokemon, she nearly trips on the Dwebble running around her feet.  "Ah!  Hey, shoo!"  Lurele wasn't exactly a fan of bug types.  She reaches for one of her Pokeballs and opens it up, letting Scraggy out to stand between her and the little bug.  "Scraggy, could you help out here?  Just...  I don't know, move it somewhere else?"  

Scraggy stared at Dwebble for a long while as though not seeing it.  Once Lurele's commands finally do click in his head, Scraggy jumps forward to pick up Dwebble by its shell and try to carry it away from Lurele.  Unfortunately this means picking it up with both hands and letting go of its loose skin, which would result in Scraggy tripping after just a few steps.

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

Cilla let out a sigh of relief once the cars were gone. "Good job Mareep, return." The sheep Pokemon baas happily as it goes back into it's Pokeball. Now that the coast was clear, Cilla headed to the Desert Resort in search of Lurele and Tiana. Eventually she found both of the girls hiding in a crater. "Ah, there you are." she says. "I think all those guys are gone now. We should try to escape now while we still can." It was then when Cilla noticed Scraggy falling over with the Dwebble. "Hey tell your Scraggy to be careful, he could hurt the little thing." Cilla says both worried and mad at the same time.

@@Leafeon,

Being a rather sturdy Pokemon Umbreon took the hit. Though it still caused him to be forced back and nearly fall off the bridge, had it not been for Sable intervening of course. "Return, Umbreon." Sable says quickly, returning the Pokemon. "You play dirty. I like that." She tells the grunt before sending out Haunter. "Go for a Shadow Punch." the ghost obeys as it disappears into the shadows and suddenly pops out, punching the Glalie.

Tempest sighed, as he watched the fight. "I should probably leave." He thought to himself, before exiting the gym. The trainer then headed towards Castellia city via boat. When he got there, he headed for the gym, and looked around. "Is anybody in here?" He said, his voice echoing through the room. Tempest then remembered the pokeballs at his side, and let Cynder and Drago out.

@@Leafeon,

Cecil's growlithe was eagerly chomping at the tentacool, its eye closed in bliss. Thus, when the tentacool fired its light of confusion, the growlithe was unaffected by it, though he did open his eye lids and let go of his prey. He had to be careful, after all; sometimes a hunter must play with its meal, to avoid retaliation, this is what his instincts informed him. Of course, he wouldn't eat the poor tentacool, his trainer had taught him better then that.

The beam of bubbles struck the growlithe as it was backing off, the fire-type barely escaping the full force of the torrent. "Lithe..." The pup panted. This was a dangerous foe, the growlithe realized. Reckless abandon was not going to serve him further. Further latching onto it with his jaws would ill work out for him. The growlithe resumed its run around the field, quickly returning to its top speed. It ran erratically around the tentacool, and soon found an opportune moment to ram it in its back, hoping to bound back away from it immediately upon the take down to avoid retaliation.

Meanwhile, Cecil thought to step up his game, as it were. "She seemed particularly flustered when I implied a compliment directed towards her. Further flattery would probably be a wise course of action." Cecil ran his hand through his hair, before looking directly at Roxie with what he hoped to be a piercing gaze, "ah, yes, as lovely as you are brilliant. There is no measure I would not take to capture your attention." He put his fingers up to his lips, and puckered them, "mwah!" He gestured an air kiss, "For, it is plain to see, I adore you! The way you carry yourself! The music that you play! The pride that you exude! It is all so magnificent!"

Edited by Aged Rain

As the wild Ponyta began to approach, Jacques looked away.  He had heard from somewhere that wild pokemon would often be nervous if you looked them in the eyes.  Though he couldn't see it, he could hear it coming closer, and eventually feel the fire type start to eat from his hand.  At this, he smiled, until he felt a sharp jab of pain in said hand.  "Ow!  Owowow!" he cried out, jumping back and clutching his wounded hand.  He looked at the Ponyta in wide-eyed confusion, and then for some reason he started to laugh.  He couldn't say why, but he found this so funny!  "Haha!  You're quite the interesting one!" he said to the Ponyta.

Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind.  Could this be the pokemon he was looking for?  He liked it well enough, and he was looking for a Ponyta.  It was possible that the fire type didn't like him and would flat out refuse his offer, but he wouldn't know until he tried.  "Hey... so I was curious...  I'm looking for a companion to help me out; particularly a fast companion who can help me get from place to place."  He then released Karel and Mara from their poke balls so that the Ponyta could see them.  "I wanted to know if you would like to... er... if you would like to join us?  I admit, we're not particularly strong right now, and we're honestly not aiming to be League Champions or anything, but we're hoping to make a name for ourselves in this world, whatever it may be."  Finally, he pulled a poke ball from his pack, and rolled it towards the Ponyta.  "So yeah," he said, "it's your choice.  I won't force you or anything, but I do think you'd be a valuable addition to our team."

Ponyta was confused by the trainer's laughter. It had no idea what it had done wrong. Though, it wasn't meant insultingly, or so the pokemon thought. Ponyta brought it's head up to look away from Jacques, looking rather vain. It completely ignored everything the trainer said, but did notice the pokeball now rolled up to one of his hooves.

Ponyta snorted loudly. It wasn't just about to catch itself! What an absurd request! Wasn't it customary for pokemon trainers to battle pokemon before catching them? Well, the trainer best try that. All of the other Ponyta had run away anyway. Ponyta kicked the ball away, but didn't seem to know how they worked, for Ponyta had kicked the button. The ball opened, absorbing Ponyta in a red glow. One... Two... Three. Though the ball seemed to shake a bit more than usual, it remained shut. Ponyta has been caught.

250px-077Ponyta.png

Ponyta! The Fire Horse pokemon! Its hind legs, which have hooves that are harder than diamond, kick back at any presence it senses behind it.

Gender: Male                  OT: Jacques (Antismurf9001)                 Nature: Adamant/Quick tempered (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Tackle, Ember, Flame Wheel, and Stomp. Can be taught Flame Charge, and Take Down with minimum training.

Ability: Flash Fire

((Ponyta probably won't listen right away. He might need some TLC before he completely obeys.))

@@Leafeon,

Being a rather sturdy Pokemon Umbreon took the hit. Though it still caused him to be forced back and nearly fall off the bridge, had it not been for Sable intervening of course. "Return, Umbreon." Sable says quickly, returning the Pokemon. "You play dirty. I like that." She tells the grunt before sending out Haunter. "Go for a Shadow Punch." the ghost obeys as it disappears into the shadows and suddenly pops out, punching the Glalie.

As Glalie was hit by Shadow Punch, a loud beep could be heard. It came from the trainer's pocket. He pulled out a pokegear and opened it, reading a message of some sort. He then closed it, and put the device back. "You are free to go." He said, returning Glalie. "My apologies for the trouble."

@@Leafeon@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,

Lurele was just about to climb out of the crater when her Lucario jumped over the side of it, grabbing his trainer and pulling her back down to safety.  "Rio!"  The trainer quickly pulled her Pokemon in for a hug, though she soon recoiled and held a hand to her chest.  "Ow!"  Her gaze locked onto the spike on his chest for a moment before she started laughing, pulling him in for a more careful hug.  "Gonna have to get used to that..."

As she starts to pull away from her Pokemon, she nearly trips on the Dwebble running around her feet.  "Ah!  Hey, shoo!"  Lurele wasn't exactly a fan of bug types.  She reaches for one of her Pokeballs and opens it up, letting Scraggy out to stand between her and the little bug.  "Scraggy, could you help out here?  Just...  I don't know, move it somewhere else?"  

Scraggy stared at Dwebble for a long while as though not seeing it.  Once Lurele's commands finally do click in his head, Scraggy jumps forward to pick up Dwebble by its shell and try to carry it away from Lurele.  Unfortunately this means picking it up with both hands and letting go of its loose skin, which would result in Scraggy tripping after just a few steps.

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

Cilla let out a sigh of relief once the cars were gone. "Good job Mareep, return." The sheep Pokemon baas happily as it goes back into it's Pokeball. Now that the coast was clear, Cilla headed to the Desert Resort in search of Lurele and Tiana. Eventually she found both of the girls hiding in a crater. "Ah, there you are." she says. "I think all those guys are gone now. We should try to escape now while we still can." It was then when Cilla noticed Scraggy falling over with the Dwebble. "Hey tell your Scraggy to be careful, he could hurt the little thing." Cilla says both worried and mad at the same time.

Dwebble stopped running as it noticed Scraggy. The fighting type did nothing, but it certainly looked scary. Dwebble began to run away to the nearest pile of sand, but soon noticed a new person. It let out a happy cry, and began to run around Cilla's legs as well, completely forgetting about Scraggy.

Tempest sighed, as he watched the fight. "I should probably leave." He thought to himself, before exiting the gym. The trainer then headed towards Castellia city via boat. When he got there, he headed for the gym, and looked around. "Is anybody in here?" He said, his voice echoing through the room. Tempest then remembered the pokeballs at his side, and let Cynder and Drago out.

It was quite obvious there were people in the gym, as a Sewaddle and Wurmple looked to be fighting each other. The trainers both calling out commands loudly to their pokemon, as a man with long hair watched, a slight smile on his face. It was rather obvious the man was Burgh, due to his rather odd appearance. When he saw Tempest walk in, he raised a hand. Both of the trainers stopped their battle.

"It appears we have a challenger!" Burgh said, walking towards Tempest. The two trainers gasped slightly, then spun around to face Tempest. "Or am I mistaken?"

@@Leafeon,

Cecil's growlithe was eagerly chomping at the tentacool, its eye closed in bliss. Thus, when the tentacool fired its light of confusion, the growlithe was unaffected by it, though he did open his eye lids and let go of his prey. He had to be careful, after all; sometimes a hunter must play with its meal, to avoid retaliation, this is what his instincts informed him. Of course, he wouldn't eat the poor tentacool, his trainer had taught him better then that.

The beam of bubbles struck the growlithe as it was backing off, the fire-type barely escaping the full force of the torrent. "Lithe..." The pup panted. This was a dangerous foe, the growlithe realized. Reckless abandon was not going to serve him further. Further latching onto it with his jaws would ill work out for him. The growlithe resumed its run around the field, quickly returning to its top speed. It ran erratically around the tentacool, and found soon found an opportune moment to ram it in its back, hoping to bound back away from it immediately upon the take down to avoid retaliation.

Meanwhile, Cecil thought to step up his game, as it were. "She seemed particularly flustered when I implied a compliment directed towards her. Further flattery would probably be a wise course of action." Cecil ran his hand through his hair, before looking directly at Roxie with what he hoped to be a piercing gaze, "ah, yes, as lovely as you are brilliant. There is no measure I would not take to capture your attention." He put his fingers up to his lips, and puckered them, "mwah!" He gestured an air kiss, "For, it is plain to see, I adore you! The way you carry yourself! The music that you play! The pride that you exude! It is all so magnificent!"

Growlithe's second attack hit dead on, causing Tentacool to recoil slightly. It spun around to face Growlithe and prepare to fire another attack, but when it did, Growlithe was already gone. "Alright, Tentacool! Use Bubblebeam while spi-" Roxie was cut off by Cecil's next remark. At this point, her face was completely red. She covered her face, looking away as much as possible

Tentacool didn't exactly get what Roxie wanted it to do. Sure, she had said to use Bubblebeam, but the pokemon had missed what she had said afterwards. "Tenta...?" It questioned her. When she didn't reply, Tentacool just tried to fire a Bubblebeam at where it thought Growlithe was. The move missed, of course, but the attack did manage to go straight towards Cecil's head, most likely hitting him.

Tempest smiled slightly, and nodded. "You are not." He said, smiling slightly. "I'm here for a battle, and maybe for a bit of art." The trainer then glanced at Drago, and nodded slightly. "Looks like you're up first."

The gible nodded slightly, and walked onto the field, as Tempest took his position in his corner. He wouldn't let his trainer down, and he didn't want to seem weak in front of Cynder.

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon,

Lurele sighs quietly with relief, leaning down to pick up Scraggy.  The little Pokemon didn't seem to realize it had been picked up, just staring blankly ahead.  "So...  Those guys are gone?  I'm sorry for getting you mixed up in that, I just couldn't stand by and watch them try to catch Terrakkion like that...  One of them nearly robbed me back in Viribank, I don't think they're up to anything good at all..."  Glancing around, Lurele sighs again before looking towards her Lucario.

"We're going to try and get to Nimbasa before it gets too late, I really don't want to spend all night out here in the desert.  Thanks again for your help.  C'mon Rio, lets go."  Lurele was a little embarrassed by how she'd gotten everyone into trouble and then been protected by Lucario rather than helping, and she just wanted to get out of there.

As she starts to walk away, she glances down at Scraggy and frowns.  "Rio, get into my bag, would you?  Scraggy is part of the team, he should look like it."  "Carrr."  Lucario pulls a strip of red cloth out of Lurele's bag, knowing what she'd meant by it, and handing it to his trainer.  She ties the strip of cloth around Scraggy's head like a headband with one hand, still using her other arm to carry the Pokemon, talking quietly under her breath to Lucario.  "I guess Rio doesn't really suit you anymore, huh bud?  I mean, you're not a Riolu any longer...  Lucario...  You mind Luke?"  Her Pokemon shakes his head in response, and with a small smile Lurele and her team start heading towards Nimbasa.

@@Leafeon,

Jacques was stunned into silence.  Had... that just worked?  Judging by the responding snort and the fact that the Ponyta had violently kicked the ball back at him gave him the impression that this pokemon had had no intentions of being caught.  Who knows though, maybe he just didn't understand Ponytas?  Finally, joy swept over his face.  "Haha!  We did it!" he exclaimed.  Karel jumped up and let out an excited, "Foo!" and even Mara looked somewhat impressed.  Without skipping a beat, he released the newly caught Ponyta from its ball as well.

The Ponyta was not quite so excited.  It's expression was a mix of surprise and irritation.  What had just happened?  Did the trainer just trick him into catching himself?  Why hadn't he been able to get away?  These questions plagued the Ponyta, but there was nothing to be done about it now.  However, he'd be damned if he didn't give this trainer a hard time for tricking him like that!

"So, you're going to need a name..." Jaques mused, oblivious to the pokemon's anger.  "Hm... how about... Ajax?  What do you think about Ajax as a name?"  Karel squeaked in approval, though that wasn't what Jacques was looking for.  The Ponyta looked on with indifference.  What was the point of a name?  It wasn't like he planned to listen anyways.  "O...kay...  Well then Ajax it is!  Welcome to the team!"  With that, he gave the fire type a hearty pat on the neck.  He realized that this had been a terrible idea when he felt searing pain in the hand that had crossed the Ponyta's mane.  "Ah!" he shrieked, pulling away the burned hand.  "Alright, we're not quite at that stage yet.  That's fine."  Ajax watched with amusement.

Afterwards, Jacques returned all of his pokemon, and headed back towards Floccesy Town.  It was getting late, and he needed a place to sleep.  Tomorrow, he would head off to... somewhere.  He wasn't quite sure where that was, but it would definitely be somewhere.

@@Leafeon

Cecil was not expecting to take a bubblebeam to the face, and was caught completely off-guard. Remarkably, however, he managed to not be annoyed by the torrent. Instead, he played it off, by closing his eyes and basking in the sudden moisture. He slicked his hair back, and allowed stray water to drip down onto his chest, causing a glisten. "Ah, it's nice to be hit with a move that isn't mud for once. This is actually rather refreshing, really." he reopened his eyes when the stream of bubbles ceased, and smirked slightly in satisfaction when he noticed that the gym leader was bashfully looking away.

The growlithe, for its part, continued to run around at top speed, keeping its eye on the enemy. An idea struck it, and as it bounded towards the tentacool to deal another take down, it jumped as it went, hoping to hit it right on the top of its 'head' to both deal additional damage and avoid retaliation, and then bound away to safety.

Cecil took a moment to consider the battle, "hmm, we've dealt a number of significant blows to that tentacool. Hopefully we can knock it out with this or the next attack." He turned his attention back to the Gym Leader, "but I must fulfill my duty on this team! I must not let up my suppressive fire!" "Yes! Magnificent! It truly is a word fit to describe thee! But, nay, not alone! Along its ranks are terms such as wondrous, lovely, beauteous, splendorous! Oh, I fear even all together these words are not enough. You are beyond words, your glory and radiance defies the tongue of mere mortals!"

@@Leafeon,

"What?" Sable said as the man withdrew his Pokemon and ran away. "Hey get back here and fight!" she called after him. "Bah, whatever we would have won anyway. Come on Umbreon lets head for Nimbasa and hope Elsa is still free." Umbreon nods and both head for the city, eventually arriving in Route 4. "Hm? What the hell happened here?" Sable asked looking around at all the abandoned cars. It seems there was some sort of battle here not too long ago.

@@Umbreon,@@Leafeon,

"No need to worry." Cilla says after Lurele apologizes. "I'll probably head over to Nimbasa as well. Maybe we'll meet again?" After Lurele left, Cilla knelt down to look at Dwebble. "Aren't you a happy one?" she giggles. "Hey, would you like to travel across Unova with me? I'm sure it would be really fun." Cilla takes out a Pokeball and sets it next to the bug type.

(edited)

((Day two will be starting soon, most likely the post after this one. Heading to the nearest pokemon centre is probably the easiest way to get a place to spend the night.))

Tempest smiled slightly, and nodded. "You are not." He said, smiling slightly. "I'm here for a battle, and maybe for a bit of art." The trainer then glanced at Drago, and nodded slightly. "Looks like you're up first."

The gible nodded slightly, and walked onto the field, as Tempest took his position in his corner. He wouldn't let his trainer down, and he didn't want to seem weak in front of Cynder.

"Alright! Excellent! A trainer with good taste, I see." Burgh said, spreading his arms out. However, Burgh didn't summon his first pokemon. Instead, he asked the trainer a few questions.  "Now, how many badges do you have, boy? Most people who challenge me already have a least one, meaning that you'd need at least 3 pokemon if that was the case. And may I ask your name?

One of the trainers who had been battling exited the gym. It was pretty late, after all.

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon,

Lurele sighs quietly with relief, leaning down to pick up Scraggy.  The little Pokemon didn't seem to realize it had been picked up, just staring blankly ahead.  "So...  Those guys are gone?  I'm sorry for getting you mixed up in that, I just couldn't stand by and watch them try to catch Terrakkion like that...  One of them nearly robbed me back in Viribank, I don't think they're up to anything good at all..."  Glancing around, Lurele sighs again before looking towards her Lucario.

"We're going to try and get to Nimbasa before it gets too late, I really don't want to spend all night out here in the desert.  Thanks again for your help.  C'mon Rio, lets go."  Lurele was a little embarrassed by how she'd gotten everyone into trouble and then been protected by Lucario rather than helping, and she just wanted to get out of there.

As she starts to walk away, she glances down at Scraggy and frowns.  "Rio, get into my bag, would you?  Scraggy is part of the team, he should look like it."  "Carrr."  Lucario pulls a strip of red cloth out of Lurele's bag, knowing what she'd meant by it, and handing it to his trainer.  She ties the strip of cloth around Scraggy's head like a headband with one hand, still using her other arm to carry the Pokemon, talking quietly under her breath to Lucario.  "I guess Rio doesn't really suit you anymore, huh bud?  I mean, you're not a Riolu any longer...  Lucario...  You mind Luke?"  Her Pokemon shakes his head in response, and with a small smile Lurele and her team start heading towards Nimbasa.

- Nimbasa City -

Nimbasa was well known to be a busy city. Today was no exception. The musical was currently on, by the looks of the bright flashes coming from the windows. The amusement park looked to be out of service, though one could still access the gym. Quite a few people were exiting the subway, which had surprisingly rustic architecture for what the building was used for. Right beside it was a building mirroring the same rustic look. It was presumably the one housing the Seekers, with black embellishments.

The crowd of Nimbasa pushed away most wildlife to their designated routes. However, in an alley behind the pokemon centre, a Poochyena and Meowth looked to be fighting each other. A Togepi hid behind the ferris wheel in the amusement park. 

------

As Lurele entered the city, her egg began to glow. It had been glowing on and off, and shaking slightly for a while now, but Lurele might not have noticed such events due to the whole Keldeo fiasco. Nonetheless, Stella must have given her the egg when it was already near hatching, as it was now shaking. After some time of this, the egg appeared to have disappeared from the incubator. The pokeball attached to the incubator's button was glowing red. New data has been put in Lurele's pokedex.

250px-619Mienfoo.png

Mienfoo! The Martial Arts pokemon! They have mastered elegant combos. As they concentrate, their battle moves become swifter and more precise.

Gender: Female                  OT: Lurele (Umbreon)                 Nature: Naive/Impetuous and silly (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Low Kick, Endure, and Pound. Can be taught Meditate, Detect, and Fake Out with minimal training.

Ability: Regenerator

@@Leafeon,

Jacques was stunned into silence.  Had... that just worked?  Judging by the responding snort and the fact that the Ponyta had violently kicked the ball back at him gave him the impression that this pokemon had had no intentions of being caught.  Who knows though, maybe he just didn't understand Ponytas?  Finally, joy swept over his face.  "Haha!  We did it!" he exclaimed.  Karel jumped up and let out an excited, "Foo!" and even Mara looked somewhat impressed.  Without skipping a beat, he released the newly caught Ponyta from its ball as well.

The Ponyta was not quite so excited.  It's expression was a mix of surprise and irritation.  What had just happened?  Did the trainer just trick him into catching himself?  Why hadn't he been able to get away?  These questions plagued the Ponyta, but there was nothing to be done about it now.  However, he'd be damned if he didn't give this trainer a hard time for tricking him like that!

"So, you're going to need a name..." Jaques mused, oblivious to the pokemon's anger.  "Hm... how about... Ajax?  What do you think about Ajax as a name?"  Karel squeaked in approval, though that wasn't what Jacques was looking for.  The Ponyta looked on with indifference.  What was the point of a name?  It wasn't like he planned to listen anyways.  "O...kay...  Well then Ajax it is!  Welcome to the team!"  With that, he gave the fire type a hearty pat on the neck.  He realized that this had been a terrible idea when he felt searing pain in the hand that had crossed the Ponyta's mane.  "Ah!" he shrieked, pulling away the burned hand.  "Alright, we're not quite at that stage yet.  That's fine."  Ajax watched with amusement.

Afterwards, Jacques returned all of his pokemon, and headed back towards Floccesy Town.  It was getting late, and he needed a place to sleep.  Tomorrow, he would head off to... somewhere.  He wasn't quite sure where that was, but it would definitely be somewhere.

((Not much to say to this post. Mind posting again? Sorry about that, but I don't want to put you in a pokecenter in case you want to go somewhere else instead, and god modding is no fun. x3))

@@Leafeon

Cecil was not expecting to take a bubblebeam to the face, and was caught completely off-guard. Remarkably, however, he managed to not be annoyed by the torrent. Instead, he played it off, by closing his eyes and basking in the sudden moisture. He slicked his hair back, and allowed stray water to drip down onto his chest, causing a glisten. "Ah, it's nice to be hit with a move that isn't mud for once. This is actually rather refreshing, really." he reopened his eyes when the stream of bubbles ceased, and smirked slightly in satisfaction when he noticed that the gym leader was bashfully looking away.

The growlithe, for its part, continued to run around at top speed, keeping its eye on the enemy. An idea struck it, and as it bounded towards the tentacool to deal another take down, it jumped as it went, hoping to hit it right on the top of its 'head' to both deal additional damage and avoid retaliation, and then bound away to safety.

Cecil took a moment to consider the battle, "hmm, we've dealt a number of significant blows to that tentacool. Hopefully we can knock it out with this or the next attack." He turned his attention back to the Gym Leader, "but I must fulfill my duty on this team! I must not let up my suppressive fire!" "Yes! Magnificent! It truly is a word fit to describe thee! But, nay, not alone! Along its ranks are terms such as wondrous, lovely, beauteous, splendorous! Oh, I fear even all together these words are not enough. You are beyond words, your glory and radiance defies the tongue of mere mortals!"

Tentacool's speed was simply no match for Growlithe's. It was struck by the take down, this time fainting. Good thing, too, as Growlithe probably couldn't have taken anymore recoil damage. 

Cecil began to speak up after the water type had fainted, causing Roxie to draw her attention even farther away from the battle. She said nothing in response this time. Roxie was most likely far too embarrassed to even speak, something that didn't happen to her very often. When she did notice her Tentacool's fate, she groaned and returned it to its pokeball. "Whatever." She shrugged, throwing a badge at Cecil. "I'll ignore the fact you cheated if you get out of my gym. Now."

@@Umbreon,@@Leafeon,

"No need to worry." Cilla says after Lurele apologizes. "I'll probably head over to Nimbasa as well. Maybe we'll meet again?" After Lurele left, Cilla knelt down to look at Dwebble. "Aren't you a happy one?" she giggles. "Hey, would you like to travel across Unova with me? I'm sure it would be really fun." Cilla takes out a Pokeball and sets it next to the bug type.

Dwebble continued to run around until Cilla spoke up. It looked up curiously at her, then to the pokeball at the ground. What was that thing? Dwebble looked shocked and frightened at the same time by this contraption. It poked the top of it with one of its pincers. Once Dwebble had confirmed the contraption was not something to be scared by, it began to run around it. Dwebble clearly didn't know what this thing was.

The bug type soon noticed part of the contraption that protruded from the rest. The button on it, to be precise. It slowly poked it, pushing it in so the ball opened, and absorbed the pokemon in a red light. The pokeball shook slowly. One... Two... Three. The pokeball remained shut. Dwebble has been caught.

250px-557Dwebble.png

Dwebble! The Rock Inn pokemon! It makes a hole in a suitable rock. If that rock breaks, the Pokémon remains agitated until it locates a replacement.

Gender: Male                  OT: Cilla (Vaporeon)                 Nature: Quirky/Scatters things often (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Fury Cutter, Rock Blast, Withdraw, and Feint Attack. Can be taught Smack Down, Rock Polish, and Bug Bite with minimal training.

Ability: Sturdy

Edited by Leafeon

Temest nodded slightly. "I have one badge, and my name is Tempest Sol." He said. "Will that be enough, or should I head to another gym, first?" He asked. The trainer was slightly confused as to how many badges were required for the gym, but he didn't think it mattered.

(edited)

Temest nodded slightly. "I have one badge, and my name is Tempest Sol." He said. "Will that be enough, or should I head to another gym, first?" He asked. The trainer was slightly confused as to how many badges were required for the gym, but he didn't think it mattered.

"No, no. That's fine." Burgh said, holding out a pokeball. It most likely contained the pokemon he wished to lead with. "Due to the time, I suppose I'll have to make this quick. You have three pokemon with you, right?" Burgh tilted his head slightly. The trainer looked to only have two pokemon, unless his third was a Gyarados or something, and therefore far too large to leave outside its pokeball most of the time.
Edited by Leafeon

Tempest sighed. "Unforuatly, I do not." He said. The trainer knew Cynder would easily win this, but he didn't exactly mind adding a new Pokémon to his team. "I saw a few Pokémon on the way here that would make a good addition to my team. I'll have to see if they haven't been captured later." He thought to himself.

Tempest sighed. "Unforuatly, I do not." He said. The trainer knew Cynder would easily win this, but he didn't exactly mind adding a new Pokémon to his team. "I saw a few Pokémon on the way here that would make a good addition to my team. I'll have to see if they haven't been captured later." He thought to himself.

Burgh put away the pokeball, and motioned for the remaining trainer to leave. He scurried out the door, leaving only Tempest and Burgh in the gym. "You needn't worry, Tempest. I'll make sure we battle tomorrow. For now, I'd recommend a good night's sleep."

((Ok. Next day will be starting soon, as I said, so I'd recommend heading to a pokemon centre. x3))

(edited)

Tempest nodded slightly, before exiting the gym and heading towards the desert resort. He didn't particularly like sleeping indoors, and preferred to set up camp. This also gave him a feel for the types of Pokémon in the area.

Cynder and Drago followed their trainer, and were excited about camping. "I wonder what types of Pokémon we'll see?" Cynder growled, glancing at Drago.

The Gible smirked as best as he could, and nodded. "I know. We should get some rest, though. We never know what tomorrow will bring."

As soon as the group entered a clearing, he basically set up a tent, and a campfire. He then watched as his Pokémon interacted, and smiled. "Their parents would be proud." He thought, remembering the day he first became a trainer.

Edited by Nightfury01

@@Leafeon

As it was getting late, Lurele had made her way to the Pokemon Center upon reaching Nimbasa.  She made a promise to herself to visit the Seekers building in the morning - she couldn't help herself, and she wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on with those Kyurum followers...  And why they were after Terrakion.  

After asking Nurse Joy where to rest at, Lurele made her way towards one of the empty rooms.  Sighing as she sat down on her bed, she sets Scraggy down at the foot of her bed and smiles at her Lucario.  "One heck of a day, huh Luke?"  Lucario nods quietly, already sitting down against the door.  Smirking and rolling her eyes a little at the Pokemon's protective nature, she starts to reach into her bag to let Torchic out for the night.

That was when she noticed that her egg had hatched.

"Oh my gosh!"  Quickly grabbing Torchic and Mienfoo's Pokeballs, Lurele releases both Pokemon into the room.  Torchic of course nearly immediately started running around the room until Lucario picked her up, the fire type's legs still kicking as he holds her in mid-air, chirping happily.  Lurele had picked up Mienfoo as soon as she'd come out of the Pokeball, smiling at the newborn Pokemon.

"Well, hello there little one!  I'm Lurele, it's a pleasure to finally meet you!"  Mienfoo tilts her head a little as she looks at her trainer, before reaching out with one hand to 'boop' her on the nose.  Laughing at her new Pokemon's antics, Lurele quickly hugs the little Mienfoo.  "You're so cute!  You'll make a great addition to the team, I'm sure!"  "Foo?"

Lurele set Mienfoo down on the bed next to Scraggy, who hadn't seemed to have noticed the new member of their party yet, while she starts looking through her bag for another of the strips of red cloth.  While she's doing that Mienfoo tilts her head, looking at Scraggy curiously before reaching out with one hand to poke his head.  Scraggy's head bobs a couple times in response, and an awkwardly long time afterwards it looks towards her and gasps.  Smiling widely Scraggy holds its arms out to greet the new member of their team, causing his loose skin to fall down around his ankles.  Mienfoo gasps and jumps backwards as it does, covering her mouth with one hand before scrambling back into Lurele's lap.

Laughing, Lurele wraps a strip of the cloth around Mienfoo's shoulder like a sash, quickly tying it off.  "Calm down, Scraggy doesn't bite.  At least I don't think he does...  You would have time to get out of the way if he did, anyways."  Laughing as she reaches over to rub Scraggy's head when he finally leans down to pick up his folds of skin again, Mienfoo jumps down to go look at Lucario and Torchic.  Torchic seemed happy to have a new friend - Lucario gave a grunt of acknowledgement before shutting his eyes and leaning his head back against the door.

Laughing and letting everyone get acquainted, Lurele gets ready for bed after making sure everyone was comfortable.  She blinks as something moves under the blankets, Mienfoo popping up to pull her arm around her.  Grinning and pulling the newborn Pokemon close, she checks that everyone was good for the night before getting ready to go to sleep herself.

((Not much to say to this post. Mind posting again? Sorry about that, but I don't want to put you in a pokecenter in case you want to go somewhere else instead, and god modding is no fun. x3))

((Ah, my apologies, I should have mentioned that I wasn't really expecting a response.  It just seemed like a good place to end the post.))

Unova was a weird region.  In Kalos, almost every town had an inn where weary travelers were able to rest for the night.  This was apparently not the case here.  It took some time before Jacques finally worked up the courage to awkwardly ask one of the town residents about where he might be able to stay, and they told him that the local pokemon center would work fine.  It seemed as though they had been telling the truth, and the nurses happily found him and his pokemon a warm bed to stay in.

His first day in Unova had been an interesting one to say the least.  Though he hadn't travelled very far, so much had happened that he had to wonder what could possibly be waiting for him tomorrow?  It was with these thoughts that sleep finally claimed him.

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

The growlithe bounded off the head of the tentacool, but was too tired to successfully land on its feet. "Grow..." it picked itself up, slowly, but its legs were trembling. It didn't have much fight left in it. Thankfully, the tentacool had passed out, and the match was at its end. "Lithe!" The growlithe yelped in happiness, but its eyes drooped. "Alright, Scout, you did great. I think we've all earned some rest," The trainer returned his pokemon to its pokeball.

Cecil caught the badge that was flung at him. "Cheat? It's fine, if that's what you have to tell yourself." He bent down to pick up his muddied clothes. He got up and flung the cloth over his shoulder, and held his shoes with one hand. He turned away towards the door, and put his free hand in his pants' pocket, but a sly grin found its way on his face with an idea.

He turned his head back to look at the Gym Leader, "though, perhaps I should visit you again sometime, eh? Maybe after I take the championship title. Ciao!" he walked out of the gym and headed towards the pokemon center, "like hell I'd trust any hotel I'd find in this dump. At least pokemon centers have standards."

It was getting late, and Cecil passed by a few shady looking fellows on the streets of Virbank, who gave him odd looks as he walked by, half-naked. Cecil didn't care, though, and he held his head up high as he walked into the pokemon center. "Hello, nurse. I have some things that need attending to. My pokemon are weak from battle, I need a room for the night, and I need to wash my clothes." The nurse looked at the trainer bewildered for a moment, but nodded and took his pokemon so as to heal them.

"Yes, well, we have some spare rooms for weary trainers. And we provide washing machines for public use." In a moment, the pokemon had been recovered and the nurse handed them back to Cecil, as well as a room key.

"Alright, thank you very much, nurse." He unpinned the basic badge off his shirt.He proceeded to find a free washing machine, and he stuffed his shirt and scarf in it. He placed his shoes on top of it, not wanting to set them to dry on the floor. "These should be clean by morning." He walked upstairs to the room corresponding to the key he was given, and walked in, sitting himself on the bed.

He summoned his pokemon, "alright, team. I wished to commend you all on your hard work today. This room isn't exactly the largest, but if you wished to spend the night out of your pokeballs, you are free to do so." The pokemon expressed their gratitude, then took to finding places on the floor to sleep.

Cecil looked at the two badges in his hand, "not bad progress. Not bad progress, at all." He set the badges on the night stand beside his bed, and then turned off the lamp so as to get some sleep.

Edited by Aged Rain

@@@Umbreon@@Antismurf9001@@@Vaporeon,

- Day 2 -

This particular night in the Unova region seemed to be particularly peaceful. Not much had happened. Though anyone staying on Route 4 may have heard cars passing by. Though the sounds were easily slept through. Today looked like it was going to be rather pleasant weather wise, though a few clouds hung in the sky.

((Not much to say in this post. Descriptions for Route 4, and Skyarrow Bridge have been updated.))

Tempest woke up before the sun even rose above the horizion. By the time it rose, he and his Pokémon had eaten were ready for anything. "Well, let's get started." He said, as he noticed a cacnea. "This could be interesting." He thought, as he walked towards the Pokémon, with his own following behind.

@@Leafeon

Walking out of the Pokemon Center for the morning, Lurele had returned most of her Pokemon to their Pokeballs with the exception of Mienfoo.  She figured the newborn Pokemon would be eager to see some of the world, and so she was carrying her in her arms as she looked around Nimbasa City.  It didn't take her all that long to figure out where to go though - even with Lurele's sense of direction, the Seeker's Building was fairly obvious.

Walking up to the doorway, she hesitates as she remembers the welcome she'd received back in Castelia...  But, Lurele was adamant about finding out more about those Kyurum guys.  Holding Mienfoo with one arm, she pushes the door open and takes a couple steps inside...  Though this time she was on guard for anyone ready to try and just shove her back out the door.  "Hello?  Is there anyone here I could talk to?"

It was a new day, and Jacques was determined to make it count.  As usual, he didn't quite know how this would be accomplished, but he was determined to do so.  Pulling out a map from his bag, he scanned it to see if anything caught his eye.  There was one place, smack dab in the middle of the region that stood out: Castelia City.  It wasn't even too far away!  He could probably make it there before the end of the day, assuming that there were boats that went there from the other city on this side of the water, apparently called Virbank.  Without a boat... well, maybe it would take a bit longer.  But he'd cross that bridge (or, in this case, lack of bridge) when he got there.

Jacques did not like Virbank City at all.  The place was big, imposing, and it just felt overall unwelcoming.  Even Karel felt uneasy about the place, and stayed close by his trainer.  Jacques knew that he should probably spend some time with Ajax outside of his poke ball, but this was certainly not the place.  If anything, he was partially afraid that the polluted air was flammable, and releasing the fire-maned pokemon would cause the entire city to be consumed in a fiery explosion.  The notion was, of course, ridiculous, but he couldn't help but be cautious.  He also had to flinch when he saw a shady man in an alleyway lighting a cigarette.

After what seemed like ages, he finally made it to some form of port.  Quickly, he went to the first person that he saw near the docks and asked, "Is there any sort of boat, or anything, that can get me to Castelia from here?"  He was half-pleading at this point, and very anxious to get out of this city.

(edited)

@@Antismurf9001, @@Leafeon,

"Lithe! Lithe!" Cecil heard his pokemon happily bark, before it licked his face. "Hngh?" Cecil's eyes opened up wide in shock, "Ugh, Scout, get off me." He lifted his growlithe off his chest and stood up straight in the bed.   His eyes were only half opened, and he rubbed the back of his neck, "er, that wasn't the best sleep I've had. Better then that train we were on before, but, still. This bed isn't cushion-y enough, and neither is the pillow." He turned about 90 degrees, placing his feet on the floor. He let out a yawn, and stretched out his arms a bit.

The trainer looked at his pokemon; the sandslash was still snoozing contently, and the croagunk was leaning on the wall, awake and giving its trainer the stink-eye. "Good morning to you, too, Rogue." The croagunk turned its head away, "-gunk." Cecil grimaced at the poison-type's dismissal of him. "Still not too fond of me, eh? That's fine. I don't need your friendship, after all."

He stood up, and looked over at the nightstand. "Best not neglect these." He grabbed the two badges he had left on it, and placed them in his pockets. He turned his attention to his sandslash and knelt down to it, "hey, Warden. It's about time you wake up." He poked it in the face. The sandslash opened its eyes slowly, "sand?" "C'mon, this isn't home. You can't be sleeping in. We've got a busy day ahead of us; we mustn't slow down the pace we set yesterday." The sandslash uncurled itself and stretched out its limbs lethargically. "slash..." it responded dully.

Cecil stood back up, and opened the door out of his room. "Best get dressed," he ran his hand through his hair, "and probably get this sorted out. Then we can have some breakfast, alright?" His pokemon sortied behind him, the croagunk lagging behind until the mention of breakfast. Cecil walked down to the washing room, and took out his clothes from the washing machine, "hmm, a bit soggy still. No time to put them in a dryer though." He looked at his growlithe, and bent down. He rubbed the clothes against the growlithe, "grow?"

"I'd rather some stray fur on my clothes then for them to be soggy." The natural heat the growlithe exuded dried the clothes expediently. Cecil whipped his clothes in the air, shaking off some of the fur that stuck. He put his arms the through the sleeves of his shirt, and buttoned it all the way up. He took out his two badges, and pinned them onto the inside of his shirt's collar. He took his scarf and wrapped it around his neck, and then headed to the bathroom so as to comb his hair.

He came out of the bathroom, freshly groomed, and addressed his pokemon, "alright, let us have a quick breakfast before heading off." He led them down to the pokemon center lobby, and a nurse directed them to a small diner. Before leaving the pokecenter however, he took a look over the map of the Unova hung on the wall. "Let's see... perhaps we should head to Castelia. We should be able to find a boat to ferry us there, I'd wager."

Cecil and his team came out of the diner, fully refreshed and hunger satiated. Cecil had been directed to the docks of Virbank by the waitress who had served him and his pokemon, and quickly made his way there. Upon arrival, he noticed a vaguely familiar figure already there.

"Oh, it's you again. You challenged the gym back in Aspertia, right?" Cecil said, walking up behind Jacques. "How'd you do? Got any other gym badges besides that one? I didn't see you around here yesterday."

Meanwhile, Cecil's growlithe bounded over towards Jacques's mienfoo, and sniffed it, "grow?" Cecil's other two pokemon stood behind Cecil's legs, not nearly as eager to meet the other trainer's pokemon.

Edited by Aged Rain

"Oh, it's you again. You challenged the gym back in Aspertia, right?" Cecil said, walking up behind Jacques. "How'd you do? Got any other gym badges besides that one? I didn't see you around here yesterday."

Jacques was surprised to see the familiar face, and even more surprised that this person apparently recognized him.  If he remembered correctly, this had been the first challenger that he saw.  "Oh!  Er... hello.  Yes, that was me, heheh.  I suppose that you could say that I... wasn't really prepared for that fight...  But no matter!  It was the first time I've ever challenged a gym, so I can't say that I was surprised."  He then thought back to the battle he had watched between Cheren and this trainer, remembering how close it had seemed in the final moments.  "By the way, that was a fantastic battle the other day!  Truly it was one of the more exciting fights that I've witnessed.  Your team really seems to know what it's doing!"

Meanwhile, Cecil's growlithe bounded over towards Jacques's mienfoo, and sniffed it, "grow?" Cecil's other two pokemon stood behind Cecil's legs, not nearly as eager to meet the other trainer's pokemon.

"Foo?" Karel responded to the furry four-legged pokemon.  He had never seen this pokemon before, and was surprised by its curiosity.  Usually he was the one going up to strange pokemon, though he would poke them rather than sniff them.  Suddenly, all of the anxiety about the city was forgotten, and Karel jumped up with an excited, "Foo!" and smacked the other pokemon playfully on its head.