Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Finding your (Pokemon) Typing!

Widdershins

So, found this personality test a while back. Been spending weeks on & off finding a good one and (of two) this one seems really quite genuine & on point.

https://www.quiz-maker.com/Q0S40T4

Found it on Reddit, and while I'd like to give credit where it's due... don't know how to!

Quite well done, as the fellow says they did their research more into how most of the Pokemon use their moves' typing. Like, for one, you could just lump Steel into being stoic & strong like Rock-Types, but what Steel actually does... is more ingenuity. Aggressively so. Shedding excess weight to go faster, blinding foes with your light, deft cutting... Rock just smashes.

Feel it really makes you re-evaluate your views on things. Crystallizes a cold, clear-cut view. Sure, maybe you'd want to be your favorite Typing & elemental power... but maybe you're only seeing what you want to see from what you've conceptualized the concept as. Sure, maybe you want to be as edgy as Dark, but its just as competitive as Fighting-Types are.

And a few additional things I may add, as sort of rules to this little game:

1. Anything below 60% doesn't count. That basically means the qualities of that typing show up in you barely any more than any other else. You'd be playacting against your own nature if you tried.

2. I would recommend taking the test several times. I'm an Ice-Type. (This is why I'm so focused on the typing myself.) And it never leaves the top two choices no matter how many times I try retaking it. Something that sturdy warrants placing as your Primary Typing & anything that consistently shows up under that as Second to Fourth places can opt as your dual typing.

I got Ice Type followed by Ground, Grass & Psychic. Those latter three seemingly replaceable with each other.

3. Do, please, feel free to bring up your results! Given your top three, I can provide you with a list of dual-type pokemon that you can feel best represent you in turn. Or, indeed, a rundown of how the typed moves often work to give you an experience of how the element works.

For example, my top two being Ice/Psychic.... ...*double facepalm*... makes me a Jynx...that makes far, far too much sense...

Or possibly, Piloswine, Snover, Claydol, Exeggutor.  ... I'm noticing a trend here. A trend of Doofyness.

So! Please do let me, & us, know what your results are!

Certain users I'd like to take this test are:

I swear to Glod, if you don't get Water Typing, @Duality ... I'll have to grow a fist just to clench it dramatically.

Though, in all honesty, I'm banking on you getting primarily Bug typing.

@Stone Cold Steve Tuna as Poison typing. (There's just an amusing allure to your tone. Vindictive playfullness while being sympathetic all the same is very Poison.)

@SolarFlare13 as Fire and/or Dragon. (Yeh little sparkplug, growin' up in da world!)

@Catpone Cerberus as a... YER AH FAIRY, CERBIE!!! (It's a... vibe, I get. Of playful, caring intent.) And... while I'm at it... throw @Storm Shine in for Fairy & Flying to boot!

And last but not least... likely the one other user on here I can kinda sympathize the most with... @Chrylestia600 as Ghost and/or Dark. Kind of... feels a bit insulting somehow, but... Ghosts are friendly sorts in the Pokemon world!

Edited by Widdershins
Had to restart the mentions every few lines.
  • Brohoof 4

After 3 tries, with different answers in places where there was several fitting answers, the two top results are Psychic and Steel.
First try was 61.54% steel and 53.85% psychic, Second was 61.54% psychic and 53.85% Steel, and third was 61.54%.both  :twi:

28 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

@Catpone Cerberus as a... YER AH FAIRY, CERBIE!!! (It's a... vibe, I get. Of playful, caring intent.)

So I guess your guess wasn't right :P Though I don't really think there was really questions with answers that would indicate caring intent or playfulness :ooh: But after reading the description of fairy, my guess is that the reason it's pretty low (around 30%) is because I'm not really the type of person to go to parties and such. 

I took the test three different times and I got these results.

Test 1: Steel type - 61.54% Grassy type - 53.85% and Ghost type - 53.85%

Test 2: Rock type - 53.85% Steel type - 53.85% I also got Water type, but that was around 38.46%

Test 3: Rock type - 53.85% Ghost type - 53.85% and Steel type - 53.85%

Throughout the entire Pokemon type personality test, my strongest was a steel type. After that, Rock and Ghost type were mostly in the top three.

So, my Pokemon typing would mostly be a steel type, but a possible combination of rock and/or ghost type. 

I took the test several times and the only types which I received a high percentage on were Water, Ghost and Ground - Ghost being the one I received the most often. Because of this, I assume I would be a Ghost type, dual typing in either Water or Ground. 

11 hours ago, Widdershins said:

I swear to Glod, if you don't get Water Typing, @Duality ... I'll have to grow a fist just to clench it dramatically.

Though, in all honesty, I'm banking on you getting primarily Bug typing.

Rock type is the only one I got above 60% on. Water type was an abject 38ish percent, and Bug type was even less, although I quite liked the description of that type.

image.png.b499a9ec77ec178f200021ea275ae442.png

image.png.826713c36d1f4f4dd74b85d913720d05.png

image.png.843073ada3adde2f1ce7037f880ed475.png

In my defence, their definition of the Water type is objectively incorrect. 'All about mutability', 'strength may come from apathy' - pshaw. Clearly these people have never met me. Honestly, though, I'm surprised I didn't get more Ice type:

image.png.76fe141112f2d34b9f159c6c78f09e97.png

My perception of myself is a lot like how they describe Rock and Ice. Pragmatic and precise, pretty much. I blame the quiz; 13 questions isn't nearly enough. :yuck:

Edited by Duality

(edited)

...R-really...? Noone else is getting 76.92% for their top match? Reliably? Huh, that's kinda why I brought it up, on account of it seeming so decisive. So many of these questions I couldn't fudge the answers on in the spirit of being true to oneself. Spirit conquers all, after all!

Perhaps this could be something I could reevaluate on, more mathematically. If anything, Waterstorm,  I would say its only more decisive with the fewer the questions you have to go by. Judging by how the intervals of difference seem to be somewhat roughly in ten percent apart, each question does seem to account for notable parts. Considering there being basically eighteen options to choose from, how each of those seven to ten percentiles coalesce together to form a result can be pretty fine-tuned. Less is more, I should say.

The more questions, the less they collectively mean, the more that one question with a different answer skews everything enough to count as far different. Especially with as wide a range of results we can get given the aforesaid options.

I should say you're either pure rock, or rock-water. Plenty of Rock/Water types! And I do doubt many can match the adorable majesty of an Aurorus!

That's a pretty even result there @Catpone Cerberus! Along with @Thuja& @TBD  that would make you... Eh... you really wanna be a Metagross? Like, it has Gross right in the name! Lol!

(Never really had a Metagross for long!)

Daang, @Dynamo Pad ! You know what that makes you then...? Aegislash! The haunted sword & shield! Heck, you get a three-chain evolution to decide which stage along you are! That evolutionary line is neigh-on unstoppable & one of the coolest ones out there! My favorite Steel type! Because, what's steelier than Coooold Steel!

@Stone Cold Steve Tuna  Hmm.... well... Rock/Steel is either Aggron or... Bastiodon, the tricertops thing, but both are a bit.... Heavy Metal, perhaps. ....hmm... Steel/Ground however? Steelix. The Iron Snake with a massive Underbite that looks like its stuck in Trollface. Gots a Mega-Evolution if I recall! Where it becomes basically a Living Oil Rig. Befitting!

@~Dusky~  Well, considering your Duskull theme, yeah! You'd fit a pure ghost type pretty well, even if its secondary! ...Though I do find the idea humorous of Jellicent being your Spirit Pokemon! "Come to my aid, Oh Spirit Pokemon!" *Blub*

Edited by Widdershins
Mentions again...
  • Brohoof 5

@Widdershins

At first, I didn't realize that Aegislash was a type combination of Steel/Ghost. Now that I know, that is just...awesome! I never used an Aegislash on my team in the X and Y games. Mostly on account of not knowing where Honedge. Even so, I really like the design and battle capabilities of Aegislash. Even the regular and shiny versions are really cool looking. :D 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

@Sunset Rose Or an Exeggcute! Don't get too big of a head on yah!

Though, of course, of course, monotype pokemon are a thing too!

Exeggcute just doesn't seem to fit as well, though I do have a yucca plant in my house that looks like an Exeggutor.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Huh. Interestingly enough, I'm only getting ONE typing out of the test now! Perhaps it has been reformatted a bit to be more precise as I am now monotype Grass now!

...which has my goat, as I'm bitter about letting go of my Ice typing, lol!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:53 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

I never used an Aegislash on my team in the X and Y games. Mostly on account of not knowing where Honedge.

Oh, and by the by: Honedge is decently easy enough to come by in Kalos. It's in the tall grass out front of the big Chateu where the bigger events in-game go down in. Y'know, the nearly solid gold mansion? (France, amiright?) Honedge's evolutionary line is really quite... Metal! As its undoubtedly the most combatively amazing pokemon I've raised and I do happen to have a shiny Aegislash on hand that has a blood-red blade with black accents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...