McDonalds Toys

Ignore Me

So i have another story to tell, this one is much better. I picked up my grandmother from an appointment and was taking her home. Well my car has no air conditioner so i stopped off at a McDonalds to get an iced tea. I walk in and go to the counter, asking the man what Happy meal girls toys they have. he brings over two bags and without looking at them tells me "Pinkie Pie and Rarity". in my head i smile very wide and think 'OMG he knows their names!' I tell him ill take them both and a large iced tea to go. He charges me $1.08 and looks at me like *be cool man*. Moral of the story, a McDonalds brony gave me free Pony toys. Highlight of my week. B)

• Brohoof 3

Finally! Popped by yet another McDonald's today as it was right across the parking lot from the deli I was picking lunch up from, asked the lady if they had any pony toys left and if she could show me which ones. She grabs only one and holds it up for me. How lucky am I that of all 8 ponies the single one they have just happens to be Rainbow Dash, the only one I needed to complete my collection! I be very happy with this :)

• Brohoof 1

Warning: I ramble.

So, despite not having seen a full episode yet (crappy internet and don’t get the channel) I have become interested in MLP FIS mainly from what I have heard and a baseball bloggers obsession with posting pony pics in his blog post. So when I saw thy had the ponies. I wanted them,.

I ended up getting a happy meal, or well… convincing my mom to get me to happy meal and I got Fluttershy. I was so excited that a few days later I got another happy meal and this time I got Rarity Obviously after this I had to get them all.

Yesterday I ended up at Wal-Mart which has a McDonalds The entire trip there, and I literally mean the entire trip there I debated with myself on what to do. It went a little like this (In my head)

Should I get a happy meal? I don’t know if I want a happy meal.. Maybe I can just ask for the toys. Yes, I can do that; I should just walk right up and ask what ponies they have... Do I want to spend my money on them though? Nah, never mind I’ll just get baseball cards. ..But I really want the ponies. Do I really need them though? But I want them. What if people look at me funny? I’m twenty seven years old. I haven’t even seen the show yet. I’ll just wait. Yea, I’ll just wait. ….but I want them...

Finally I get to Wal-Mart with the decision not to get them. Of course I waiver. I’m weak minded like that.

I ended up walking back and forth in wal mart about three times before finally deciding to just ask, and finally walk in the McDonalds. Of course, when I get there my resolve fades. And my anxiety kicks in as well as my embarrassment.

I stood looking at the display for several minutes (More like several seconds up to a minute) before getting up the courage to just walk up to the counter and ask how much are the ponies without a happy meal. I should add that my heart was pounding away like an ADHD drummer gone mad during the process. Then I ask how many they have and they send someone back to check. My heart starts pounding even harder, but with anticipation this time as I await the answer.

Turns out, they have all eight. Although I already have Rarity and Fluttershy I end up buying them all just to save the trouble and time. Of course when I get home I have to open them and play with them. I've never been one of those people that can just leave them in thier wrappers/conatiners. I'm a seven year old trapped in a tweenty seven year old's body.

I have Fluttershy and Rarity still in their wrappers though since I already had them opened.. I'd send them to people via snail mail if they wanted for free. I don’t know if people would trust a one post noob though with their address ;P. I trade baseball cards though and have set many a things to people.

Edited by Silver Flower

Mmmm, I'm asking my Mom for a Mighty Kid's Meal right now so I can have a burger and a pony :D

I already have Cheerilee, and RD. I was so excited when I got Cheerilee, that I ignored my food for a good 15 minutes, just taking pictures of me with Cherrilee and going on about it with my friends. Even the non-bronies xD

And my friend had a Rainbow Dash, and decided to give it to me since she's my favorite in the mane six. I was so happy.

Are the toys worth getting at Mc Donalds or not?

I'd say yes. But as a collector, I'm a bit biased. It depends on whether you like the designs or not, and how much the minor inaccuracies bother you.

OOC: Emerald Flame do you make the banner that I see under your post if so could you Please make me a Rainbow Dash one?

And ah okay I might one day get some of there toys. And I will get some Blind Bags as well. And I'm not picky at all what they look like at all.

Hey guys, I have a question. How much longer will Mcdonalds have the pony toys? I would like to get at least Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash before they stop selling them, but I can't get to a Mcdonalds before the end of this week. Do I have enough time to wait that long?

These are mine. :3

Posted Image

Im jelly right now.

finished my collection today

Posted Image

The cashier actually pulled out Pinkie Pie from the display stand for me :)

Im jelly right now.

Hey guys, I have a question. How much longer will Mcdonalds have the pony toys? I would like to get at least Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash before they stop selling them, but I can't get to a Mcdonalds before the end of this week. Do I have enough time to wait that long?

I think this week is the last, although I'd get to a Mickey D's soon as most of them are sold out by now (at least in Sacramento).

OOC: Emerald Flame do you make the banner that I see under your post if so could you Please make me a Rainbow Dash one?

Yes, I did!. I've never tried making signatures for anyone else though, PM me with some details and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Back on topic: I was too lazy to go to McDonald's and get the toys in person, but I did order a full set for $15. Pretty good price, considering most of the auctions hit around $30.

Edited by Emerald Flame

I have them all but Pinkie Pie and I've been looking EVERYWHERE. I've literally hit up 10 McDonald's in the past few days. WHERE ARE YOU PINKIE PIE?!?! I'm also conflicted about whether or not I should open them or leave them in their original package. Will they be worth anything one day? What do you guys think? I guess I could have bought doubles and opened those but they were hard enough to track down so I'm not going back to all these McyD's. :(

I went into Mcdonalds today and got a Mcflurry and asked which ponies they had in stock. They said they had the pink one and the blue one. I jumped on that thinking the pink one was Pinkie, but I got Cheerilee. Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to another Mcdonalds or two before the end of the week...I MUST HAVE PINKIE PIE!