Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I swear, if I read this and am disappointed by it, I'm taking it to the rage review! fimfiction group...

I started reading it, and while I have gripes about the likelyhood of ponies having the kind of medication in Equestria you listed off, so far I have to give props to grammar and writing.

I can't read this all tonight, but I'll finish it later and give my judgment on it.

Can I just ask why you chose the happy one to be the sad one? You know, because it kinda doesn't fit with her character and all...

That's just my opinion, and my only nitpick really.

The short answer:

Why not?

The long answer:

Because I believe that Pinkie Pie suffers from depression deep down. You can read her lines and even her song lyrics in a way that suggest she has suffered from depression. Lemme give you an example:

In the Smile Song, you get:

"It's true some days are dark and lonely and maybe you feel sad."

For someone so happy, Pinkie seems to be familiar with feelings of depression.

Another example, again in a song:

"When I was a little Filly and the sun was going down

the darkness and the shadows they would always make me frown"

The sun going down is symbolic of life being extinguished. When Pinkie is sad, her hair becomes flat and lifeless (Party of One). The sun going down is basically Pinkie becoming depressed. Darkness and Shadows are what fill your mind when you are depressed and obviously she frowns because she's upset. Laughter song isn't about laughing at ghosts, its about trying to put on a brave face when you are depressed.

Of course, this is just how I am interpreting things.

But if you want serious evidence that Pinkie has depression or suffers from it occasionally? Watch Party of One or Too Many Pinkie Pies and then tell me that she doesn't have a fragile mental state. Depression can affect ANYONE, not just sad people.

• Brohoof 1