Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How To put gifs as your picture and Moving backgrounds.?

Im Derpy
Go to solution Solved by Tholos,

(edited)

For avatars, you simply need to make a gif that is 150x150 (Or 150x200 if you're a subscriber/donor). It also must be smaller than 100 Kilobytes.

You will need a program that is capable of making animated gifs in order to resize one to the correct dimensions. If you have a particular picture in mind, I would be more than glad to resize it for you. Just PM me a link to the picture you want to use as your avatar. ^_^

For backgrounds, it is the same concept, except the limit is 255 Kilobytes. It's a bit more complicated since you'll rarely find gifs of a high quality that both fill most (or all) of the screen and are also under 255 Kilobytes. Perhaps you'd want a smaller gif and then you could tile it in order to save yourself some frustration in the long run.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to let me know.

Edited by Tholos
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

It seems your question has been answered, @Im Derpy! ^^

Enjoy your new avatar/personalized background! ^^

Locking this thread for solved issue. ^^

Edited by Adorkable
Member's profile wasn't able to be tagged, delete tagging code and just typed their name. ^^

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.