Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite Theme Park?

Marcato

Currently i am in California on vacation and have been going to Disney Land with my sister's new family. (Such memories of when we were younger.) I have been really enjoying it and its shows, but it lead me to wonder.

There are many other theme parks out there with different rides and attractions all over the world. (Even mutliple Disney Lands) so what theme parks have you been to and what's your favorite? What is your favorite attraction and why do you like it more than others?

Have fun discussing them and sharing memories about your trips with others! Even encourage others to go there! Have fun!

--(*)My favorite is probably Disney Land. I have been to Disney WORLD before but it was too big for me. We were rushed and didn't have much to do. My favorite attrction is probably the Star Tours ride. I'm not much for rides that move around a lot, and this is one of the few i enjoy. I especially like the new stories they recently added, because it adds a certain diversity to it. I prefer it over others like Playland because there is just so much more variety and lots of orginization. The shows follow a regular schedule, the place is split into specific sections which makes it easier to keep track of and theres always a certain theme to it. Overall its a great place for ALL ages and has attractions for children, teenagers and adults alike.(*)--

(edited)

Mickey mouse anyone? :D

_____                         .d88888888bo.                       .d8888888888888b.                       8888888888888888b                       888888888888888888                       888888888888888888                        Y8888888888888888                  ,od888888888888888888P               .'`Y8P'```'Y8888888888P'             .'_   `  _     'Y88888888b            /  _`    _ `      Y88888888b   ____         _  | /    /        8888888888.d888888b.        d8b | | /|  | /|      8888888888d8888888888b       8888_ _|/  _|/      d888888888888888888888b       .Y8P  `'-.            d88888888888888888888888      /          `          `      `Y8888888888888888      |                        __    888888888888888P                              / `   dPY8888888888P'        '._                  .'     .'  `Y888888P`           `"'-.,__    ___.-'    .-'          jgs  `-._````  __..--'`                   `````` 

Cool! Where is that theme park? I know a universal studios in california and florida. Probably not anything like it though. XD

Edited by SilverArrow

I've only ever been to three: Disney World, Busch Gardens, and Six Flags New England.

And Disney blows those two out of the water, imo (although, Busch Gardens is still pretty damn fun).

Disney has the money, and the publicity. Thus they can afford a lot of over the top stuff and technology. I have known six flags to be a popular one, but a lot of amusment parks are all rides, which isn't really my thing Disney parks have all around attractions, and a good freaking amount of them. But still, the others are expected to have a hard time topping it. I mean, they have made enough money off of movies and people coming to their park that they made multiple versions, have their own hotel branch and cruise line and even an airline for flight.

Give the other parks some credit too though. There are other great parks too! Play land Vancouver and the PNE are good for shows and rides and IMO is an example of a nostalgic theme park.

The Golden Saucer in Final Fantasy VII.

No, I'm not joking. The few amusement parks I've been to were pretty boring actually. Long lines that take thirty minutes to get onto a ride you enjoy for five minutes. Not worth the time.

Well you guys make it sound like everyone has been to an amusement park...which I have actually. Mundo Divertido, the only redeeming thing about that place was that it had Three floors filled with arcade machines.

Disneyland for atmosphere and for inspiration (and Tower of Terror), Six Flags Magic Mountain for coasters, Great America for memories...and a bunch of other parks. I haven't been to the east coast for a while, so I don't know how any of the Virginia parks are doing.

My first job was at Walt Disney World in Orlando. I have a tie for my favorite between Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I like Hollywood Studios for the shows and rides. I like Epcot for the World Showcase. I also like the themes. Hollywood Studios is movie magic and cinema history. Epcot is the future and world harmony.

I have been to disney world too, and those are my favorites too. Its real tough to choose, but i'll say hollywood studios is my fave. By this much ( ) very tough. I am not a ride person so i choose the place with the shows.

• 3 years later...

Tivoli Gardens, here in Copenhagen. It's so nice, pretty and cozy.

Tivoligardens2.jpg

I've been to quite a few over the years, from the local favorites (Kennywood, Idlewile, Waldameer, Hershey, Cedar Point), to ones a bit more far out. My favorite has to be Busch Gardens. There's something there for everyone and anyone, and it's just a blast.

As a kid I loved Epcot. Now my favourites are MGM Studios, Universal Studios Orlando, Islands of Adventure and Disneyland Paris. :)

I've gone to four parks: Six Flags, Kings' Dominion, Hershey Park, and Busch Gardens. Out of all of them, Gardens was the best. I felt that it had a more diverse choice between the crazy rides, calmer rides, kiddie rides, and stands. Someone like me, who can't take the crazy rides at Kings' Dominion, can find a ride that gives me the same thrill without as much fear. My brother, who likes crazy rides, also has a variety of options.

I've gone to Six Flags and Kings' Dominion 3 times, Hershey twice, and Busch Gardens once, but Busch is where I had the most fun.