Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there some way to apply for a Moderator position?

RarityForever
Go to solution Solved by An Old Head,

Hi, I'm just another brony out there who wants to give back to this community for as much as it has given to me. Then I came up with a great idea, I've been a moderator for some other foruming website, why not give back by helping keep a safe and friendly community! I'm not "begging", I just wanted to ask if there is a position or not. Don't feel bad telling me I can't or there isn't a spot, I realise you may not trust me because I'm fairly new to the site and maybe you don't have a position, for I've seen the Staff list. Thanks for responding with answers/questions! :P

Hugs? :D

The general rule is that if you want to become a moderator you likely aren't right for the job.

Barring that, however, there's also the fact that they keep a fixed number of moderators at any given time. You're only chance is if a moderator leaves the team for any reason and they are looking at new prospects.

Unless the rules have changed. I haven't checked them out in awhile. In which case disregard what I just said.

The official way is to just post around the site and be an active, contributing member to the forums and the authority will seek you out if they think you're good enough. 

The unofficial way is to give Doctor XFizzle $10

Hi there,

There is currently no application system to be a staff member - here's an excerpt from the FAQ entry on this question:

New moderators are added to the forum only when deemed necessary by the site's existing staff. There is no sign-up process or application system for moderator positions; it is an invite-only job, and one that requesting or attempting to 'sign up' for will only result in disqualifying yourself from. We strongly believe that the best moderators are the ones that have very little actual interest in being a moderator in the first place, and instead accept the position solely for the sake of helping to improve the community as a whole.

If a user is active and helpful enough, and has shown that they display the right levels of maturity and judgemental skills, one of the staff will bring them up to the others as a prospective new staff member; there's no specific instance where a position is or isn't available.

Hope that answers your question - if you have any others, don't hesitate to ask :)

• Brohoof 2

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.