Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your dream/goal and how will you get there?

HeroSparks

I was just letting my mind wander today when I was doing yardwork and was thinking about where my life is headed and where I want to go. And then I started wondering about what other people want and what their dreams and aspirations are.

For me, I know it's kinda corny but I want to be a hero. Not like a super-powered save the day hero, just somebody that can do something when I'm needed and inspire others to follow. I'm a big Captain America fan obviously, but I realize while I'll never be a Captain America, I can still try to live up to his standards. I'm not cut out to be a police officer or a doctor or in the military or anything, but I still try to learn anything that may help. I know some first aid and will go get certified as soon as I'm able, I've learned to fight in case I need to protect myself or others, I'm trying to get my body in peak condition, and I'm currently studying virtue ethics and philosophy on my own so I can inspire and lead others. I just want to be ready so that if there's ever a situation where somebody needs help, I can do whatever needs to be done.

Anyways, that's enough about me. What about everybody else here? What is it you aspire towards? What are your dreams and goals in life and how are you gonna get there? 

• Brohoof 1

I would like to be a video game designer and start my own animation show.

being a hero sounds really cool, I don't think it is corny, IT'S YOUR DREAM.

• Brohoof 1

My life goal is to not die lol.  And also to not be too much of a jerk.  Mostly the first one.

Idunno...  I don't have lofty aspirations of any kind.  I write, but I'll never be a successful writer.  I draw, but I'll never be a well-known artist.  I make very small, unimpressive goals on a daily basis.  Try something new when preparing dinner.  Try to draw something I don't normally draw.  Actually, I need to be more physically active.  I don't consider myself overweight (think I'm about right for my height now), but I'm only going to get older.  A sedentary lifestyle isn't exactly recommended.  This is the saddest post ever lol.

• Brohoof 1

This is the saddest post ever lol.

Not at all, it may be only little things but it's still something. And hey, even not dying can be something with as many things that can go wrong this day and age

• Brohoof 1

Dude, stop being negative, that will get you nowhere, think positive has helped me a lot.

I love to draw and I think I will be successful, I don't care what anyone says about me.

if you want to do something...Go and do It.

I can't change the way you think or feel about life but I for one don't want to think or feel that way.

I also think the way to get there is to be positive and think you can do it.

I have found multiply collages that have the things I want to do, so I will get accepted by at least one of them.

I also seem to have skills in cartooning, coming up with my own style.

But that is how I think and it is leading me in the right direction.

• Brohoof 1

To live well on little money. So little that I can afford a 32-hour work week.

It'll be a long and iterative process, really. We know about things like growing your own food, collecting your own water and harvesting your own energy through solar panels... Here's something else that me and my IRL friends want to try first; take a regular household building, add the necessary amount of bedrooms and in principle, have two families live in that household as a single family. You have two families more or less having the footprint of one and the costs get spread out over more shoulders, reducing the burden on each. That means less in the way of upkeep and replacement of appliances, less appliances needed compared to one building to two families with a separate building for each and we may not need 4 cars. What's more, with combined salaries, the mortgage can be paid off much faster which can save us a ton on compound interest. It will also enable us to more easily make large initial investments, especially for things like having solar panels, batteries and the like to get off the grid.

We'll see if this can be scaled out further but only time will tell. It's going to be an iterative process where insight from the current iteration will help to prepare for the next iteration (from sharing a rented house to living in an owned shared house to possibly increasing the amount of people sharing a single household to possibly having a complex, etc.)

• Brohoof 1

Dude, stop being negative, that will get you nowhere, think positive has helped me a lot.

I love to draw and I think I will be successful, I don't care what anyone says about me.

if you want to do something...Go and do It.

All right, you have inspired me!  I will become the GREATEST writer of naughty pony fiction that EVER THERE WAS!!1!  I promise that I shan't forget your contribution to my inevitable fame. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

All right, you have inspired me!  I will become the GREATEST writer of naughty pony fiction that EVER THERE WAS!!1!  I promise that I shan't forget your contribution to my inevitable fame. :yay:

Absolutely do just that  :lol:  I will read that just because you wrote it

I am not an ambitious person. I don't really have dreams or goals. The only thing I want is a stable job or the skills to stay employed at the very least. All I really wanna do is play video games but I need a good job to support it since video games are an expensive hobby. Between all of the main consoles costing $1500-2000 each generation and the hundreds of games to buy...I need a really good job but I don't particularly care what it is. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, my DREAM is to live in a really nice house on the Florida coast with Rarity, and have an endless supply of funds so I can spoil her, then followed by some stuff I shall not say on these forums :derp:

My actualgoals in life are to:

• Graduate High School
  • Graduate College
  • Become a Journalist
  • Get a nice house
  • Travel up North to see Canada (Can't fly in airplanes, so that'd be tricky)
  • Live long enough to retire :D
Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

To live well on little money. So little that I can afford a 32-hour work week.

It'll be a long and iterative process, really. We know about things like growing your own food, collecting your own water and harvesting your own energy through solar panels... Here's something else that me and my IRL friends want to try first; take a regular household building, add the necessary amount of bedrooms and in principle, have two families live in that household as a single family. You have two families more or less having the footprint of one and the costs get spread out over more shoulders, reducing the burden on each. That means less in the way of upkeep and replacement of appliances, less appliances needed compared to one building to two families with a separate building for each and we may not need 4 cars. What's more, with combined salaries, the mortgage can be paid off much faster which can save us a ton on compound interest. It will also enable us to more easily make large initial investments, especially for things like having solar panels, batteries and the like to get off the grid.

We'll see if this can be scaled out further but only time will tell. It's going to be an iterative process where insight from the current iteration will help to prepare for the next iteration (from sharing a rented house to living in an owned shared house to possibly increasing the amount of people sharing a single household to possibly having a complex, etc.)

I like the idea of sharing home with another family. Not only for the economical advantages, but also for the social ones. It will, hopefully, be a close knitted group which enjoys each others company. In a few months I will start my studies, and I will move to an apartment I will share with 5 others people. I think it will be awesome because of there being people around me all the time!   :lol:

The problem is if you don't get along with some of the people, which might very much happen. And that's the reason most people prefer to just stay by them selves and their family.

I am not an ambitious person. I don't really have dreams or goals. The only thing I want is a stable job or the skills to stay employed at the very least. All I really wanna do is play video games but I need a good job to support it since video games are an expensive hobby. Between all of the main consoles costing $1500-2000 each generation and the hundreds of games to buy...I need a really good job but I don't particularly care what it is. :lol:

You remind me of a friend of mine, which I consider my absolute opposite  ^_^. He seems to always care about stability. Get a stable job, get a stable place to live, get a stable schedule, basically he wants no surprises and want to know what is to come in his life. I quoted this post as I am basically the completely opposite!

I have plans, general ones which ensures I don't end up a bum on the street, but I mostly go about life hoping something new is going to happen. Not because I don't like my current situation, but because I just LOVE exploring, experiencing and learning.   :P

So often I steer away from doing what I know I will enjoy, and instead choose new things I have never tried. An example is in food. I can easily skip my absolute favorite meal, if I can try something different and new!

My life goal is very much to explore everything. Not an easy task, but I can try to get a little taste of almost everything. I feel like there is so much to explore in this world, and I only got one life to try it.

This is a bit vague, but i'm talking about many aspects of life here. Feelings, tastes, smells, locations, philosophy, activities. I gotta' experience em all!

( @@Discordian,  This isn't all directed towards you because of the quote, merely a intrigued by the contrast ;) )

• Brohoof 1

My dream is to travel to Europe someday. And by that, I do mean all over Europe, but the northern and western countries there (like Sweden and Norway) interest me the most. I even plan to study abroad over there as well once I get into college. I already know that I'll be able to get there by saving money... lots and lots of money.

Besides that, my life goal is to be the best person I can be every day. I want to help others and make a difference in the world somehow, even if it's just a reeeeally small difference.

• Brohoof 2

I like the idea of sharing home with another family. Not only for the economical advantages, but also for the social ones. It will, hopefully, be a close knitted group which enjoys each others company. In a few months I will start my studies, and I will move to an apartment I will share with 5 others people. I think it will be awesome because of there being people around me all the time!   :lol:

The problem is if you don't get along with some of the people, which might very much happen. And that's the reason most people prefer to just stay by them selves and their family.

You remind me of a friend of mine, which I consider my absolute opposite  ^_^. He seems to always care about stability. Get a stable job, get a stable place to live, get a stable schedule, basically he wants no surprises and want to know what is to come in his life. I quoted this post as I am basically the completely opposite!

I have plans, general ones which ensures I don't end up a bum on the street, but I mostly go about life hoping something new is going to happen. Not because I don't like my current situation, but because I just LOVE exploring, experiencing and learning.   :P

So often I steer away from doing what I know I will enjoy, and instead choose new things I have never tried. An example is in food. I can easily skip my absolute favorite meal, if I can try something different and new!

My life goal is very much to explore everything. Not an easy task, but I can try to get a little taste of almost everything. I feel like there is so much to explore in this world, and I only got one life to try it.

This is a bit vague, but i'm talking about many aspects of life here. Feelings, tastes, smells, locations, philosophy, activities. I gotta' experience em all!

( @@Discordian,  This isn't all directed towards you because of the quote, merely a intrigued by the contrast ;) )

In my case, it's not that I don't like doing new things or surprises or anything it's just that of all the things in life, employment is the most aggravating for me. I find it very difficult to find and hold down jobs at the moment so if I can ever get to a point where I'm consistently employed I'll be a happy camper. I'm 23, almost 24, and still living with my mom because I quite literally would be homeless otherwise.

well, you are writing a naughty fanfic, then I should have not have helped you then, unless you are just trolling or playing with me.

I'm honestly not sure how serious I was lol.  Thought I might take a stab at it someday; though, currently, I write mostly horror stories.  Perhaps that literary experience would aid me when writing for Pinkie Pie. :blink:   Don't worry: if I DO indeed write one, I won't bring up your post or username.  The fame shame shall be mine alone to enjoy endure. :(

Some of these won't be in exact order but I'll try to do as many as I can in logical sequence:

- Build a reputable youtube channel

- Get a Masters of Divinity

- Become a Vocational Minister in the mission field in South East Asia ( emphasis on China )

- Get a Ph.D in a field of Biblical Studies obviously, and preferably from a University in Europe ( I've heard good things about Queen's University in Belfast )

- At least reach the level of Master in Kung-Fu

- Become a Published Author both of fiction and non-fiction ( hopefully this one gets accomplished sooner to help with student loans and such )

- Get one of my books or short stories turned into a Movie or TV Show; and I get to write the screenplay or co-write maybe

- Become the proverbial "Gadfly" of Modern Society ( hopefully I can avoid death by Hemlock though )

- Learn Medieval French ( and more Modern French as well), Old English, Latin, Ancient Greek, Classical Hebrew, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Arabic, Italian, and Gaelic.

- Learn Piano

- Study Ikebana ( Japanese Flower Arranging )

- Spend a Summer in Austria

- Become a decent Singer

- When I get to an age where I can no longer spend my time gallivanting across the place, spend my final years teaching at a Seminary somewhere.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

My goal is to become famous for art and roleplaying. I type Arylett Dawnsborugh's name on Google, and find myself holding my head in my hands. It could be related to an earlier experience I had here, but the point is, I want to become famous online. I want to make OCs that everyone loves.

my dreams are dead because my bad grades severly limit me. I have a goal/dream and its to get a job which will pay me enough to leave my parents house somehow

Impossible, thinking it is impossible will make it impossible, why don't you think more positive and don't give up your dream.

Dreams can be reached if you don't give up.

You don't have to tell me what it is because it is probably none of my business.

If you want something...work towards it.