Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much make up do you wear?

Reverie

This goes out to guys and girls as I personally find make up on guys extremely attractive. There is not one person who can't benefit from eyeliner and if you think you don't suit make up you are doing it wrong. Fact.

So how much make up do you wear on a daily basis?

I do a bit of part time work as a make up artist so I go pretty (very) full out every day, it's really a continuation of me. It's not that I'm insecure without makeup; I'm perfectly happy with my appearance but fashion means a lot more than that to me. So I wear foundation, concealer, powder, contour, highlight, blush and full on lips and eyes.

Unless I'm covering my brows to make them a crazy shape I don't do brows because mine are thick, nicely shaped and black fortunately. I don't wear lashes very often either for the same reason.

I really like to go crazy with make up, like all over liner, coloured mascara, bright orange or blue or purple or multi tonal lips. I love glitter as well and leopard print eyes. I wear this kind of thing to college...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll definitely try and come up with some MLP inspired looks soon, if anyone wants tutorials on a particular pony or something please do send me requests :)

• Brohoof 2

Holy crap thats a lot of make up! Ever considered being a make up artist? :P

I don't use make up at all except in plays and movies. Basically whenever i am involved in a stage production or TV show/movie is the only time i ever use it.

Holy crap thats a lot of make up! Ever considered being a make up artist? :P

I don't use make up at all except in plays and movies. Basically whenever i am involved in a stage production or TV show/movie is the only time i ever use it.

I do work as a freelance make up artist part time :) but I'm first and foremost a musician.

• Brohoof 1

You remind me of my friend Xenia - make-up is her passion and she started a make-up company: http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/

Yes, I do think it is hilarious she is using a unicorn for her logo.

I think make-up is awesome and I love the two pictures you posted.

As for myself, being goth and all, I had a girlfriend put some eyeliner on me - the consensus was that I have eyes that don't really need it and that's fine by me. For some reason, when she was trying to put it on, I kept laughing and she had a hard time doing it right. I have ticklish eyes!

For those of you wondering what guy-liner looks like, here's Rogue from the Cruxshadows:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

You remind me of my friend Xenia - make-up is her passion and she started a make-up company: http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/

Yes, I do think it is hilarious she is using a unicorn for her logo.

I think make-up is awesome and I love the two pictures you posted.

As for myself, being goth and all, I had a girlfriend put some eyeliner on me - the consensus was that I have eyes that don't really need it and that's fine by me. For some reason, when she was trying to put it on, I kept laughing and she had a hard time doing it right. I have ticklish eyes!

For those of you wondering what guy-liner looks like, here's Rogue from the Cruxshadows:

Posted Image

Your friend started limecrime!!!! That is bloody amazing, it's not readily accessible here in the UK but it is really fantastic make up at a great price point. Lipsticks have brilliant pigmentation.

And guy liner is extremely sexy. I have attacked all my previous boyfriends with eyeliner and often full on eyeshadow and david bowie stripes as well. I always convince them with the 'Kurt Cobain wore eyeliner and everyone loves Kurt Cobain.'

Posted Image

You are a guy and you watch ponies. Saying guy = no make-up is as biased as saying guy = no ponies!

WELL SAID.

But yeah guys don't normally wear make up anyways. (Unless you are goth.) I'm not saying its bad if you are a guy that wears make up, but that most guys just don't because it isn't their style.

• Brohoof 1

I wear foundation, liquid and pencil eyeliner and mascara. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to getting up early for school so I don't have much time to do anything else.

You should try a gel eyeliner, it stays on waaaaaaaay better than pencil, especially on the waterline, and is much easier to use than liquid. I guess the one good thing about being an insomniac is that I often have at least an hour to do my makeup in the mornings. I've also got doing makeup, including really technical liner, on the tube/bus down to a tee.

I'm a guy

So no makeup.

Personally, I find guys who have the guts to wear make up despite social stigma far more attractive than guys who don't. Also, eyeliner & mascara look amazing on everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Your friend started limecrime!!!! That is bloody amazing, it's not readily accessible here in the UK but it is really fantastic make up at a great price point. Lipsticks have brilliant pigmentation.

I am glad you like it!

The nice thing about living in Manehattan is that you meet very interesting people. I met Xenia through Voltaire. Voltaire was trying to get a side project going called The Oddz and Xenia was his keyboardist. Here they are performing (I took this pic myself):Posted Image

The guy in stripes immediately behind her is Mark, her now husband. Together they had their own musical project called Sky Salt.

Xenia also tried a solo music career calling herself Doe Deere. I believe Xenia is a very talented musician.

In the end though, her passion for fashion won out and she started LimeCrime. I believe she attended FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology). She has enjoyed great success.

I guess my point in telling the story is that make-up can be a great thing, it sure worked out for her!

• Brohoof 1

You should try a gel eyeliner, it stays on waaaaaaaay better than pencil, especially on the waterline, and is much easier to use than liquid. I guess the one good thing about being an insomniac is that I often have at least an hour to do my makeup in the mornings. I've also got doing makeup, including really technical liner, on the tube/bus down to a tee.

Never heard of gel eyeliner. I shall have to go see if I can find some. Thanks!

Never heard of gel eyeliner. I shall have to go see if I can find some. Thanks!

maybelline does a great one. A few other drug store branks have released them recently but personally I think the Maybelline one is the best.

maybelline does a great one. A few other drug store branks have released them recently but personally I think the Maybelline one is the best.

Ah okay :) Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go!