Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music name

Holiday Agnaktor

Sounds pretty good.  The only suggestion I have would be to not use quantization.  Since it's not keeping time with other instruments, it has no need to adhere to a strict tempo.  In fact, a dynamic tempo is one of the most expressive tools in your toolbox.  Turn off the metronome, ignore the DAW tempo, and just play.  Slow down and speed up as benefits the mood of the song.

Consider Chopin's highly dynamic Nocturne op 9 no. 2.  Quantization would mangle the very thing that makes it such a fantastic and popular composition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E6b3swbnWg

• Brohoof 1

I wrote this little cheerful piano piece, but I don't know what I should call it. Any suggestions? :3

It's here: https://soundcloud.com/midnight-frost-1/wip

Also, please give your opinion on this piece, it's my first piece in major... :3

If you want to use quantization go for it, however it'd be really neat if you could get someone to actually perform the piece. It's cheerful in the sense that it's upbeat, but at the same time the chord changes make me think of some underlying sadness. I dunno, I've got this vision of a scenario like a kid excited to be going off to college but he's starting to think of all the things he's leaving behind. In conclusion, I digress  :derp: .

I'm not much for coming up with song names, but I'd call it something like "This Past Year" "All Will Be Revealed" or "Weightless" maybe :confused:  "Hindsight"?

Eh, whatever you decide to call it I wish you good luck in your future works!

Edited by idkQuicksilver

...it'd be really neat if you could get someone to actually perform the piece.

It does kind of feel like something that was clicked into being, rather than being played.  If at all possible, try to play it the old fashioned way.

however it'd be really neat if you could get someone to actually perform the piece.

I can play the piece, but I don't have any recording equipment... Maybe I can hook up the organ to the computer and play it there, and change the sound to piano somehow. My dad tried it once and it failed miserably. Maybe that works... Maybe I'll just have to put the notes in by hand and listen and correct it a lot... :/