Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could change your name to a NATURE name....

Bit Boss

I'm not really sure, but I might go with 'Pinja'. In my language it means 'pine tree', but it's also a legitimate given name.

... Then again, now that I think about it, my real given name is one letter away from a word that means 'berry' in my language.

Well August can also be a dude's name. (Which I am.) But I think they are, I mean August makes me think of the summer, heat, long days. Aspects in nature I like.

Oh yeah I guess the female version would be Augusta right :D That's a good point. Doesn't it also mean "respected and impressive"?  :pout:  Making it a VERY good choice!

I'm not really sure, but I might go with 'Pinja'. In my language it means 'pine tree', but it's also a legitimate given name.

... Then again, now that I think about it, my real given name is one letter away from a word that means 'berry' in my language.

Would that language be Finnish by any chance? Berry would be quite an unusual name!

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah I guess the female version would be Augusta right :D That's a good point. Doesn't it also mean "respected and impressive"?  :pout:  Making it a VERY good choice!

Hmm I did not know that. Very cool then. It could also refer to Augustus, the first emperor of Rome. Slight deviation from the nature theme but still.

Hmm I did not know that. Very cool then. It could also refer to Augustus, the first emperor of Rome. Slight deviation from the nature theme but still.

Any deviation in pursuit of etymology is commendable in my discussion!

Got it on one, buddy. Finnish it is.

Haha I'm not surprised, Finnish is a crazy language to Anglophone ears!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Probably Zephyr. The word kind of fits me, and it also has the perk of being the name of my favorite saxophone model, the King Zephyr Special.

And it has no relation to Zephyr Breeze. I hate that character.

Well my irl name has to do with nature I guess, so I wouldn't have to change it at all

I would change it to Autumn anyway cause summer is a disgusting evil season that secretly eats puppies :yuck:

• 4 weeks later...

I much enjoy reading about the old native people. I'd probably keep it simple.

Maybe Siipiiwanikw, and if my sources are right, that's Miami-Illinois for River Squirrel. :3

(edited)

My nature pony name would be Shadow Ink or Night Miser. 

Edited by TBD

(edited)

I already go by 'Frosty' almost exclusively. It's sort of a nature name. I seldom use my real name, and everyone knows me as Frosty. 

Edited by Narcissus

• 3 years later...
(edited)

The only "nature" names I've heard for a guy are "River Phoenix" or "Rivers Cuomo" and I don't think that suits me. 

On 2019-04-19 at 3:57 PM, RDRainbow said:

Windy or River are kinda cool. :dash:

Or "Rainbow". :mlp_smug:

On 2019-04-21 at 9:10 AM, Treeglow Flicker said:

Sunflower Meadow of the Happy Summer Sky. :-P

You forgot the "IV". :P

11 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

I think Winter would be a pretty name. 

That is a cool name, Bestie! :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1