Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you change your name?

Essence

I am not saying that your name is a bad one, nor am I suggesting you change it. I am just curious... If you coupd change your first, middle, and/or last name(s) to something else, what would it/they be?

For example, my name IRL is Brianna Joyce "Brie" Turshiary. If I could, I would change my name to... Hmm... Well, I could change my last name to Trenzalore or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

If you're 18 or over you can. I forget how the process went but I think it was like $300. I had to do it for my first, middle, and last name because my name was messed up and I had trouble with it on paperwork.

And nah I love my name. Chose it when I changed it and it is perfect. 

Aye, I totally would change my first name. When you've had three other guys in the same classroom all share your name, you kinda get a bit irked at the commonness of it. My last name is more unique and ethnic, but... people keep thinking I'm spanish because of it. When that's actually not one of the many ethnicitities that I happen to be!

I'm not sure to what though... I have been toying around with swapping letters around to get a different name and that works a bit better. Ala Tom Riddle.

... "A Seven Pelvis John" seems a bit too far out there though.

I've thought about changing my name before. I don't like it very much because people get confused on how to spell it/pronounce it, and plus I think it just sounds weird.

I doubt I'll ever change it though because it seems like a lot of work, plus it's expensive :wacko: 

I like my names. My first name, Katie, fits me just right. My middle name, Jane, is also good with me. I like my last name too, even though I sometimes have trouble signing it for some reason; something about the way the letters flow into each other. But rather than spend the $300 to change it I think I'll just save the money and change it if/when I ever get married.

I'm cheap, so sue me (but not for too much!) :rarity:

I dislike my name but not enough to want to change it. My parents chose it for me, slightly inspired by my grandmother and great grandmother and it fits me nevertheless. I can’t imagine myself having a different name at all either. :huh:

I hate my first name, Matias, with a burning passion. This passion is shared equally with my middle name, Ilmari. All the nicknames I have sound so bad they trigger my ptsd, I mean come on, "Matti"?

So yes, I would make a beeline to the office if names weren't such a huge part of ones identity.

I've gone by a shortened version of my middle name before (Alexander/Alex), but since I already know an Alex on this forum, I'd probably not go by that on here. But my first name? Probably wouldn't change it, I like Shane, my first name.

Just now, Snowflake Frostflame said:

As a kid I wished my name was Bradley... now a day I still don't like my name, but I can't see myself as anything other than that name... well maybe Snowflake Frostflame, but that's my persona.

I've never known a Bradley, besides a friend my brother had (but he went by Brad). Sounds like it'd be a cool name.

• Brohoof 1

Well, in my circumstance, I was adopted by my grandparents from my biological parents not long after I was born. While I was born with one last name, my adoption changed that.

As I grew older my parents actually did give me the choice of changing my last name; of which I declined as they were the ones who raised me. To me, my name is perfect as it is; no need to change. Outside of marriage (where I would give my spouse the choice of keeping her name or even consider having mine switched to the wife's family), no name change will be happening here.

• 1 month later...

Yes. I LOATHE my true name. Look, I respect my parents to a certain degree, but one of the things that I hate about babies being given their names is that they never really have a choice in the matter. I understand why, of course, but as a result, I don't really see MY name as MY name, but more my parent's name for me. I want my name to reflect who I am now, not what I was like when I was an infant.

• Brohoof 1