Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could change your name to a NATURE name....

Bit Boss

If you could change your FIRST name to a nature-related name/word, what would you choose?

You have to keep your surname.

It has to be NATURE related, so seasons, weather, elements, minerals, animals.

Nature here does not include body parts or chemicals etc, so no "Bones Malone" please! :P

There are some awesome nature names out there already, like River and Rain Phoenix, or Luna Lovegood.

Here are some examples I've heard;

Volcano Coyle

Avalanche Mooney

Winter Smith

Ocean Kenny

I would go with things that are cold, so something winter related. :3

Winter Lonehearted

Blizzard Lonehearted

Frost Lonehearted

Stuff like that.

And the most epic sounding one, Ice Caps Lonehearted!

Ice Caps! That's great, I haven't heard that one before

• Brohoof 1

My real name is Dawn so I techinically already have a nature name, but I love flower and plant based names like Fern, Lavender, Daisy etc...

Lavender's great, very Harry Potter-esque

Corvus. That literally translates to 'Crow'.

That's badass. I forgot about Raven too!

• Brohoof 2

This thread prompted me to look up "Kiri" to see if it was connected to nature, as I've grown pretty fond of that nickname. As it turns out, it is the Japanese name of the Paulownia tree, which is located in certain parts of Asia! :)

kiri.jpg

• Brohoof 2

My name's portuguese so I'd have to have a nature name in the same language, right? (you aren't aloud to give names of other languages here anyway...) So, something like Violeta (Violet) or Margarida (Daisy), which are quite pretty in my opinion.
In english, something like Dawn or Laurel would definitely do the trick too.

My name's portuguese so I'd have to have a nature name in the same language, right? (you aren't aloud to give names of other languages here anyway...) So, something like Violeta (Violet) or Margarida (Daisy), which are quite pretty in my opinion.

In english, something like Dawn or Laurel would definitely do the trick too.

Laurel is great, it sound like a laurel wreath, which is like a crown!

Considering my Surname I would go with "Hirvi" It's Finnish word for moose, and it would rhyme perfectly.

haha Moose, that's great, I've never heard that!

Id probably change it to Jet, its some kind of minor gemstone

Ah that's cool, I forgot about gemstones. Jet is probably a black one right? My friend and I are Steven Universe fans, so their gemsona was Pyrite (fool's gold) and mine would be Onyx, which I think is pretty dark too.

• Brohoof 3

Laurel is great, it sound like a laurel wreath, which is like a crown!

haha Moose, that's great, I've never heard that!

Ah that's cool, I forgot about gemstones. Jet is probably a black one right? My friend and I are Steven Universe fans, so their gemsona was Pyrite (fool's gold) and mine would be Onyx, which I think is pretty dark too.

Yeah it is, its where the term "Jet-black" comes from, it looks pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

My real life name doesn't have any connection to nature unless you count animals as being part of that. Since I'm a lover of deserts and would enjoy going to the Sahara for example, I guess my nature name would be "Desert Bull".

My real life name doesn't have any connection to nature unless you count animals as being part of that. Since I'm a lover of deserts and would enjoy going to the Sahara for example, I guess my nature name would be "Desert Bull".

Yes animals are part of nature for this particular experiment! Desert Bull sounds like a military operation, VERY butch  :pout:  :smug:

• Brohoof 1

Yes animals are part of nature for this particular experiment! Desert Bull sounds like a military operation, VERY butch  :pout:  :smug:

Really? I'm not in the military myself but that's quite the surprising connection. Yes, I could go with that.

Really? I'm not in the military myself but that's quite the surprising connection. Yes, I could go with that.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there was a WWII operation called "Desert Eagle". 

(Plus all the soldiers in the game Metal Gear Solid V have adjective+animal names like that e.g. Pouncing Harrier)

I already have a nature based name, it's Cedar.  :please:  I'm working on legally changing it to that though...

That's very cool, does Cedar have any particular meaning for you?

That's very cool, does Cedar have any particular meaning for you?

A bit, white cedar is used in ceremonies sometimes.  Typically used to purify something and/or to connect with the spirits.  It's also used in teas or baths to purify the body, the dead are also given cedar baths to purify them.  White cedar is also used in times of mourning, you also shouldn't pick white cedar that's too close to the road because it will absorb toxins from the road which can be dangerous to consume.  I wanted my name to mean that I wanted to help people.  Sure I don't know how I'll be helping people right now but I'll get to it some day I'm sure lol.

• Brohoof 1

A bit, white cedar is used in ceremonies sometimes.  Typically used to purify something and/or to connect with the spirits.  It's also used in teas or baths to purify the body, the dead are also given cedar baths to purify them.  White cedar is also used in times of mourning, you also shouldn't pick white cedar that's too close to the road because it will absorb toxins from the road which can be dangerous to consume.  I wanted my name to mean that I wanted to help people.  Sure I don't know how I'll be helping people right now but I'll get to it some day I'm sure lol.

That would be a prophetic name on a par with the ponies in the show! i'm sure having such a meaningful name will become a self-fulfilling prophesy