Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Keeping MLP innocent.

(edited)

The only way I can think of possibly keeping mlp innocent is to isolate /mlp/ :ph34r:

MLP's already innocent, because Friendship Is Magic itself is still innocent. Even with the adult art, FIM is innocent because the fanwork and professional product are two separate entities.

Additionally, you can't really "isolate" /mlp/, because hundreds to thousands of bronies from /mlp/ venture to other Websites, including this very forum.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

MLP's already innocent, because Friendship Is Magic itself is still innocent. Even with the adult art, FIM is innocent because the fanwork and professinal product aren't connected.

Additionally, you can't really "isolate" /mlp/, because hundreds to thousands of bronies from /mlp/ venture to other Websites, including this very forum.

I know that. I was just stating the impossible that I dont really care about since I find /mlp/ very funny.

(edited)

Now this is something I have thought about a lot and it makes me really sad. The main reason MLP is so awesome, to me anyway, is that at its core it is sweet and innocent. It is a G rated show about friendship, rainbows and unicorns. It is the perfect escape from the real world because it IS so innocent. Yes now and then there may be reference to something not G rated (for example when spike falls into the punch bowl and somepony says "somepony spiked the punch") and of course there is violence (however cartoonish it may be) But compared to the real world it is a haven. 

The number one reason Bronies say they enjoy the show is because it offers an escape from the real world. One of the main reasons we all like this show is because it is innocent. If it was just as violent, sexual, and crude as so many other "things" out there. Then this fandome would not exists as we know it. It would not be the revolutionary movement that it is today.

So now I finally come to my point. I it makes me so sad to see pony related things out there that shatter that image of innocence. I understand that this stuff will always exist, ponies will do what they want and I have no intention of stopping them. I am not trying to kill anyponies creativity or hurt anyponies feelings But it ruins the image of innocence and destroys that perfect escape. 

Now not all crosovers are bad. I understand ponies making fan art like Rainbow Dash with a sword or Two ponies kissing. But these are ok because, while you would not see this on the show, They are inherently innocent. Seeing a sword is not bad, yes a sword is made to kill, but as long as Rainbow dash is threatening somepony with it or as long as the sword is not covered in blood or something like that. its fine. And kissing is totally G rated, people kiss all the time. 

But in most cases to go beyond this crosses the line for me. for example  

[*snip*]

While it does not say anything that is actually not G rated or show anything. You still know it crosses the line. And I'm not saying we need everything in the world to be innocent. I am not some super psycho person that feels like we should "baby proof" the world. But when the reason I fall in love with something is because it is innocent, I just don't like things that ruin that image. I like to keep MLP innocent. 

Now There is no malice behind this post, I love all ponies and don't think the ponies who do this are bad. I am not saying it should not exist ethier. I am just saying i am not a huge fan. I do believe people should be able to do what ever they wan't with MLP and I don't dislike the people who make stuff like this, as long as they are good people. I just was wondering if anybody else felt the same way. Not trying to hate just trying to find people who feel the same way.

Now this is something I have thought about a lot and it makes me really sad. The main reason MLP is so awesome, to me anyway, is that at its core it is sweet and innocent. It is a G rated show about friendship, rainbows and unicorns. It is the perfect escape from the real world because it IS so innocent. Yes now and then there may be reference to something not G rated (for example when spike falls into the punch bowl and somepony says "somepony spiked the punch") and of course there is violence (however cartoonish it may be) But compared to the real world it is a haven. 

The number one reason Bronies say they enjoy the show is because it offers an escape from the real world. One of the main reasons we all like this show is because it is innocent. If it was just as violent, sexual, and crude as so many other "things" out there. Then this fandome would not exists as we know it. It would not be the revolutionary movement that it is today.

So now I finally come to my point. I it makes me so sad to see pony related things out there that shatter that image of innocence. I understand that this stuff will always exist, ponies will do what they want and I have no intention of stopping them. I am not trying to kill anyponies creativity or hurt anyponies feelings But it ruins the image of innocence and destroys that perfect escape. 

Now not all crosovers are bad. I understand ponies making fan art like Rainbow Dash with a sword or Two ponies kissing. But these are ok because, while you would not see this on the show, They are inherently innocent. Seeing a sword is not bad, yes a sword is made to kill, but as long as Rainbow dash is threatening somepony with it or as long as the sword is not covered in blood or something like that. its fine. And kissing is totally G rated, people kiss all the time. 

[*snip*]

While it does not say anything that is actually not G rated or show anything. You still know it crosses the line. And I'm not saying we need everything in the world to be innocent. I am not some super psycho person that feels like we should "baby proof" the world. But when the reason I fall in love with something is because it is innocent, I just don't like things that ruin that image. I like to keep MLP innocent. 

Now There is no malice behind this post, I love all ponies and don't think the ponies who do this are bad. I am not saying it should not exist ethier. I am just saying i am not a huge fan. I do believe people should be able to do what ever they wan't with MLP and I don't dislike the people who make stuff like this, as long as they are good people. I just was wondering if anybody else felt the same way. Not trying to hate just trying to find people who feel the same way.

I hear ya. I think exactly the same way, and I have a friend who feels more strongly about it than I do. I hate how there is content that makes the ponies look non innocent. It's a part of life, but still, I feel it's pretty sad when someone chooses to express themselves by making a pony look non innocent. But I realize that that's unfortunately, part of life, and there's nothing we can do to stop them (and we shouldn't be able to stop them either, it's fully within their right to draw whatever they want). I don't agree with it at all, but that's life, and we all have to deal with it =/

> So now I finally come to my point. I it makes me so sad to see pony related things out there that shatter that image of innocence.

Then don't look at them. 

/thread

Kinda hard when they're all over the place when I'm trying to find pictures to use as avatars or response images =/ Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I understand your point and mabey a year ago i would have agreed, but ive put out my fare share of gore and murder, but your point is still held. In all fan groups there are two kinds of people, those who like the show as it is and respect it to keep it as the show intended, and us. 

Edited by SkyBound
  • Brohoof 1

So if there is a part of fandom I have an objection to for whatever reason, I can't enjoy the rest then? A brony can simply be defined as, someone who likes MLP and up, after all. I've not once suggested treating anyone badly based on what they like out of respect ( If anyone here can find a post of mine indicating otherwise, I will apologize and retract said post and this one ) ; but it is a two way street, and both this sites rule ( No NSFW posting on this site ), and convention rules reflect this. Both for the sake of younger fans and older fans that have objections to such materials.

So to follow the logic of your statement means that to be a fan and enjoy talking with other fans, I have to embrace everything about a fandom regardless of any moral convictions I may have. 

Congrats, on ignoring the rest of my post, just to sputter your nonsense.

You're basically attacking everyone who likes that stuff, because you don't, and think it should all be removed from the universe, so it can stay "clean" and "innocent". Get over yourself. I don't believe in cosplaying, but I don't go running around conventions and try to prevent people from doing it. 

You're basically an egotistical, zealot who thinks that we should follow your beliefs, and can't have things we might like. You don't like it, that's fine and dandy, we don't go down your throat do we? We're not shoving any NSFW or gore/creepy stuff at you. This forum might not allow NSFW, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be places for it.

• Brohoof 3

Congrats, on ignoring the rest of my post, just to sputter your nonsense.

You're basically attacking everyone who likes that stuff, because you don't, and think it should all be removed from the universe, so it can stay "clean" and "innocent". Get over yourself. I don't believe in cosplaying, but I don't go running around conventions and try to prevent people from doing it. 

You're basically an egotistical, zealot who thinks that we should follow your beliefs, and can't have things we might like. You don't like it, that's fine and dandy, we don't go down your throat do we? We're not shoving any NSFW or gore/creepy stuff at you. This forum might not allow NSFW, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be places for it.

NO one on this thread EVER said that these things should not exist. We are KINDLY discussing them. I ask that you please do the same. If something I posted here has offended you I am sorry, because while I agree that stuff like that has every right to exist and that I am fine with the people who make and enjoy it, I have every right to not like it and I have every right to say so. I would like it if you could be more civil to the other users on this thread. 

NO one on this thread EVER said that these things should not exist. We are KINDLY discussing them. I ask that you please do the same. If something I posted here has offended you I am sorry, because while I agree that stuff like that has every right to exist and that I am fine with the people who make and enjoy it, I have every right to not like it and I have every right to say so. I would like it if you could be more civil to the other users on this thread. 

Are you serious? The original post, has it written all over the place. This is a big complaint about the stuff that's not "G rated", no matter how nice its put, its asking for it to not exist.

• Brohoof 1

Can't stop the clop.

Really though, I have no issue with adult content pony stuff. Maybe its because "innocence" was never a big selling point for me, because i was always in it for the engaging characters. I've also never had a problem separating clop from the actual show. I've also never believe that seeing adult content does any harm to a child. I''d prefer that they didn't see it, but on the off chance that they do, its not going to ruin their life. 

And, like plenty of other people have said, limiting what creative things that people can do is dangerous territory. If we took down some piece of art every time somebody didn't like something about it, we'd have no art.  

Have there been a lot of these lately? 

Yes, actually. There have been a lot of people complaining because "OMG clop!" Type thing. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. When a fandom gets big no matter how "innocent" the show may be there is always going to be people that are going to R34 everything and write extremely violent fan fics about ponies getting killed in horrible ways.

Also with that being said when some people like something enough, sometime they end up sexualizing it. So it's never going to go away, all you can really do is just put your safe search on and hope that it does a good job filtering the offending content.

Can't stop the clop.

Really though, I have no issue with adult content pony stuff. Maybe its because "innocence" was never a big selling point for me, because i was always in it for the engaging characters. I've also never had a problem separating clop from the actual show. I've also never believe that seeing adult content does any harm to a child. I''d prefer that they didn't see it, but on the off chance that they do, its not going to ruin their life. 

And, like plenty of other people have said, limiting what creative things that people can do is dangerous territory. If we took down some piece of art every time somebody didn't like something about it, we'd have no art.  

Exactly, clop to me is in a whole other realm. When I see clop I am like "hm...sexy?" then when I go on to watch the show I am like "Daw, Dashie!" in a completely innocent way and enjoy the characters for completely pure reasons. ^_^

I am not asking to keep it innocent. I am saying I like it innocent. 

Then keep it that way. Just because Violence and clop exist in a fan made fantasy world doesn't mean that we all can't keep the show itself innocent.

• Brohoof 1

Are you serious? The original post, has it written all over the place. This is a big complaint about the stuff that's not "G rated", no matter how nice its put, its asking for it to not exist.

Well, I wrote the damn thing so I can tell you with all honesty, I am not asking for it not to exist. I am not saying it should not exist. I am not saying the people who make it should stop. I am not saying the people who like it are bad. I am not saying the people who like it should not exist. I am not trying to stop it from happening. I am not trying to crush creativity. I AM saying that I don't like it. Yes, you can call it a complaint if you want, but I am NOT trying to get ride of it. Again, I am sorry if this upset you, I did not want a heated debate. I was only reaching out to other people who shared my views, with no malice what so ever. 

That sexual stuff is not for me. And have you ever heard of a grimdark called Sweet Apple Masacre? DO NOT READ IT! I've read Cupcakes, but SAM was wrong on so many levels. However, if that's not your thing, you just have to avoid it.

And SERIOUSLY PEOPLES: the internet is not a fitting playground for a young child.  I'd go so far as to say that internet access should somehow be disabled whilst a...  Wait a sec...  Why is a young child even permitted on your expensive, magic internet-using machine in the first place?  Don't they have toys?  Coloring books?  An...  Imagination???  Pop in an MLP DVD for them to watch; they don't have to seek it out online my GOSH.  I wouldn't let some sticky-fingered little kid touch my computer anyhow!  Lolz.

Unfortunately, children today have their own tablets and smartphones. It's really stupid. Kids don't need that stuff, and they're going to grow up not knowing how to use their imagination, talk to people face to face, live in the moment, etc.

• Brohoof 2

That boat sailed the minute the internet (4chan originally) learned of the show. Adults make adult content. It's bound to happen with any show, media, or anything similar. Some people enjoy that kinda stuff, and as far as I can tell, it's fairly easy to not stumble across adult content if you're not looking for it

(edited)

It's very hard to keep things innocent, thanks to the internet, and the notorious rule 34 (not-so-innocent stuff of everything!)

However, the official thing would be forever innocent, hopefully.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

(edited)

And I'm not saying we need everything in the world to be innocent. I am not some super psycho person that feels like we should "baby proof" the world. But when the reason I fall in love with something is because it is innocent, I just don't like things that ruin that image. I like to keep MLP innocent. 

Too bad there's no double-brohoof button.

One thing I always liked about the show is how kind, wise and understanding Celestia is to all of her subjects.  Compare her to some of the English royalty of the past (Like this bitch  ->  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_I_of_England) and Celestia looks like an angel.  O.o  They really make her worthy of her role.  It's interesting to observe her as a character, knowing her thousands of years of wisdom and foresight.  It's very fulfilling to watch her interact with twilight, but saddening that here on earth we have nobody to learn from like that.  :'c

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1

I am not a fan of combining MLP with any other universe, forcing rule 34 into it, or making gore-ish art, but there is nothing to be done about it, all we can do is just avoiding it, if You want to keep this show innocent for You, then do so. Derpibooru is pretty awesome when it comes to hiding *those* kinds of pictures from the ones who don't want to see them and majority of fanfics are properly marked if they have clop/gore related story on almost every website, where they can be found.

I can of course say, that "such art should not exist! I don't like it!" but what's the point? This is internet, You won't stop this, neither will I, besides there are some people who enjoy it and that's not ok to force everyone to like what You like (even if I don't understand what's fun with clopping, ehhh xD). Every fandom You will find on the internet has *this* kind of art, stories, whatever, and it's best to just accept it and live in peace with everyone. After all people who are interested in those kind of things too are mostly nice ^^ There are some exceptions of course, but same jerks You will find around people who dislike clop/gore/grimdark. 

Besides people dislike so many more things about mlp. Some dislike overly analysing show, others dislike certain characters, it is impossible to make this show or fandom that surrounds it perfect to everyone. We all are for different (yet at the same time similiar) reasons here, we all are after all fans of those colorful ponies and we should just accept each other. Nobody forces You or me to watch clop/gore pictures. Well, there maybe would be people who do this. But I am sure that they get banhammers on their heads quite fast. 

So in the end - if You want to keep MLP innocent - nothing stands in Your way. Just don't browse mlp related stuff that is not innocent. It is easier than it sounds. Of course some of *this* stuff will always find a way through safe search and other stuff like that, but remember that on top of all it's just a picture, it's not from a show and it does not reflect what MLP is about.

• Brohoof 2

@, People sometimes enjoy creating art like this just to see your negative response and laugh about it while trolling you to death. Not all... but there are people like that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The OP said multiple times that the stuff has a right to exist, it's just that not everyone likes that stuff. And IMO, it IS shoved in our faces. I've lost count of how many times I've had clop and gore and grimdark shoved into my face, until I finally turned safesearch back on (I had it off for other things, not to see clop/gore/grimdark). And I just did a Pinkie Pie search with Safesearch ON, and there was a bloody Pinkamena picture. (nvm, forgot I had to turn Safesearch off just to be able to comment on Youtube =/)There's a saying, rights only extend to the point before your hand hits someone in the face, or something like that. By posting NSFW on Google, people run a high risk of people who don't want to see it seeing it. Whether children or not. Whether they're monitored or not. And it's not destroying anyone's creative freedom by asking that they be more careful when posting these things, and ensuring that those who don't want to see it won't

Edited by Pegasus
  • Brohoof 2

I like that the actual show is happy and peaceful and all that.  I also like the fan arts, because they feel like they're showing the darker side of ponies.  Not everyone is as innocent as they seem, not even ponies.  I mean, they DO have babies.  And they've had war.  Bullying has already been shown on the show quite a few times.  It's just another aspect of the pony world, even if it's not official.

I do like the innocent nature of the show, that was one of the draws of it to me. But of course, it's not innocent to a fault; there's violence, wars, bullying, and all nature of things that we as humans deal with all the time.

As for fandom stuff, I don't stick to innocent stuff strictly because it's not the show itself. I guess most of the fan art and fan-related things I'm interested in aren't exactly innocent...

Except for ponies getting high. Nothin' more innocent than that!

• Brohoof 1

I think this could all be resolved nicely with responsible tagging on clop/gore/grimdark pages. Keep common terms like character names out of the tags (those who look for that stuff already know that Pinkie dark side=Pinkamena, Flutters dark side=Butchershy, etc), and people won't see them in Google when looking up MLP or character names.

The OP said multiple times that the stuff has a right to exist, it's just that not everyone likes that stuff. And IMO, it IS shoved in our faces. I've lost count of how many times I've had clop and gore and grimdark shoved into my face, until I finally turned safesearch back on (I had it off for other things, not to see clop/gore/grimdark). And I just did a Pinkie Pie search with Safesearch ON, and there was a bloody Pinkamena picture. (nvm, forgot I had to turn Safesearch off just to be able to comment on Youtube =/)There's a saying, rights only extend to the point before your hand hits someone in the face, or something like that. By posting NSFW on Google, people run a high risk of people who don't want to see it seeing it. Whether children or not. Whether they're monitored or not. And it's not destroying anyone's creative freedom by asking that they be more careful when posting these things, and ensuring that those who don't want to see it won't

Really? Being shoved down your throat you say? That's funny...I don't see any here really....I don't see any on any FB group I'm in that isn't about it...I don't see it on other forums I've joined...don't see it too much on youtube....hmmm...doesn't sound much like being shoved down a throat to me.

Oh, google search? You do know how search algorithms work right? It MAY show up once or twice on a search, but if there's a bunch, its because its been searched for BEFORE many times. Don't tell me I'm wrong, I've studied search algorithms, I know how they work. Plus, I find MLP stuff when search for nonMLP stuff, because I've searched for MLP stuff quite frequently. Its not being shoved down your throat, unless you asked for it.

Really? Being shoved down your throat you say? That's funny...I don't see any here really....I don't see any on any FB group I'm in that isn't about it...I don't see it on other forums I've joined...don't see it too much on youtube....hmmm...doesn't sound much like being shoved down a throat to me.

Oh, google search? You do know how search algorithms work right? It MAY show up once or twice on a search, but if there's a bunch, its because its been searched for BEFORE many times. Don't tell me I'm wrong, I've studied search algorithms, I know how they work. Plus, I find MLP stuff when search for nonMLP stuff, because I've searched for MLP stuff quite frequently. Its not being shoved down your throat, unless you asked for it.

Hmm, that might explain it. Back when I was morbidly fascinated with grimdark, I used to look up "Zalgo Pinkie" and similar things quite often. Is there any way to reset them, outside of making a new account?

I do not agree....Adult content has their place in any fandom...and to stop that is kinda hypocritical (hope I'm using it right this time) 

While i do  not like R34 images,i think it's sick despite how talented the art is (I've seen it don't judge)

I like some the grimdark...MOST

and it's kinda the Parent's job to either use Parental control programs or monitor their use of the internet and i roll my eyes everytime a mother or father complains that their son/daughter saw something they should've

• Brohoof 1