afan

Music from Night Blaze (afan a.k.a [BC]afGun)

Recommended Posts

On 7/24/2018 at 4:42 AM, afan said:

It already had it.

Then perhaps your blend control between the normal and affected signal was too low, meaning the reverberated signal was too soft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Then perhaps your blend control between the normal and affected signal was too low, meaning the reverberated signal was too soft. 

I don't know. I only know that the increase in the level of reverberation began to distort the sound, especially when there are no other sounds.

 In any case, there was not any issues found by me, by co-authors and beta-listeners. Therefore, there was no special correction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the old wishes from my listeners. I was need to work with music transformations, so I remembered and thought - why not.

One of the few tunes that was reworked from the beginning in the middle of the process, because a concrete idea was formed only during the process. It turned out to be strictly orchestral version, where I got some unexpected results, but pleasant for my taste.

Anyway, here we go :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, afan said:

One of the old wishes from my listeners. I was need to work with music transformations, so I remembered and thought - why not.

One of the few tunes that was reworked from the beginning in the middle of the process, because a concrete idea was formed only during the process. It turned out to be strictly orchestral version, where I got some unexpected results, but pleasant for my taste.

Anyway, here we go :)

 

 

Ok

It's pretty good. The one thing that this piece needs is reverb and human touch. It sounds too digital, aside from the rolling drums. If you adjust the release time on your samples, you can add a natural human touch. Other than that, it's a good arrangement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

11 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

The one thing that this piece needs is reverb and human touch.

It is already have reverb and live play basis. 

And also, I'm still stating at the point, that preference for the sound of live playing the instrument is matter of taste. And for some reason I met this only among musicians.

Quote

 If you adjust the release time on your samples

The samples I used are not editable at release time. In addition, there may be a conflict when changing from a note to a note.

 

Anyway, thanks for feedback.

Edited by afan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some orchestral melancholy here :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the theory that king Sombra could be not just good one thousand years ago. But also a hero of his times.
This music is about what if this was true.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last from from protracted works finally done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2018 at 9:27 AM, afan said:

The last from from protracted works finally done.

 

Mind if I share my honest feedback with you on this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

23 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Mind if I share my honest feedback with you on this one?

Things really so bad? o_O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, afan said:

Things really so bad? o_O

I spotted quite a few areas that could use some work. Some were related to progressions and melodies, and others were related to mastering, orchestration and sounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I spotted quite a few areas that could use some work. Some were related to progressions and melodies, and others were related to mastering, orchestration and sounds. 

No problem, I'm listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, afan said:

No problem, I'm listening.

Ok

So, in terms of your chords, you limited yourself to the i and the VII, knowing you are in the key of d minor. I think the best way to make a progression here would be in phrases of eight bars. An example would be: i-VI-VII-V-iv-III-V-i. A Neapolitan chord would work here too, since they normally resolve to the V. So with the Neapolitan chord in the progression, it would look like this: i-VI-VII-III-VI-bII(Neapolitan)-V-i

In terms of your sounds, that step-moving motion plucked lead in the beginning was dragging on a bit. It would be best to bring it in 8 bars later. As for your strings, they could be humanized more. There is somewhat of a digitalized sound when they are run with arco eighth notes.  Your brass was drowned out in the mix. Bump it up more to give this piece that extra edge of brightness. Also, the snare drum close to the end didn't seem to match the overall type. A cinematic tom or large earth drum would be better suited for a solo hit such as that. 

As far as overall orchestration, the energy map is well made. However, the buildups seemed to come and go quickly. I could tell this by the spectrogram that soundcloud gives. Make sure your buildups are nice and gradual to give that sense of anticipation to something big. 

Overall, it's a decent composition, but I strongly suggest that you do a little exploration on chord progressions and how to really get the best out of your sounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Thanks for feedback I'll see what's what

11 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

but I strongly suggest that you do a little exploration on chord progressions and how to really get the best out of your sounds. 

Already and constantly do this last 4 years. And earlier I reported that I continue my education in music. The music theory is a main part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When composer tries to remix somethig :D

Electronic remix of older logical tied orchestral\instrumental works: "Power of Harmony", "Defenders of the Better World", "Hard Way to get a Cuitiemark" and "Sisters".
The name is actually work-name of the series of theese works.

Actually I never did a fully electronic remixes. Just wanted to know something new. So, I achieved my goal :P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RuBronyCon is coming...
Perfect time to write some action music :)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, afan said:

RuBronyCon is coming...
Perfect time to write some action music :)
 

 

Rubronycon? I am guessing Ru stands for Russia so the convention is in Russia right? Also this sounds awesome :)

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Rubronycon? I am guessing Ru stands for Russia so the convention is in Russia right?

Ayeup. :)

6 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Also this sounds awesome

Thanks! ^_^

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.