Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Unpixelate my pic?

DubWolf

(edited)

Hello, and welcome!

Please have a seat, would you like some coffee, or some water if you're not into coffee?

coffee-black.jpg

Here's the water:

~/ Heheh, lol!

So anyways, I basically took an image and put my OC in Soarin's shoes. Except the quality of the image is well...not very good considering that the splash paint tool doesn't paint the pixels at the borders between two colors (I am a microsoft paint user B)):

2yuhdnq.png

I know my friend's avatar was also mic-paint generated, and someone managed to fix the quality, so I'm hoping someone could do the same in this case.

A few points other points:

1. Mind telling me what you used (program) and how you would do it to improve the quality?

2. If this becomes time-consuming, let me now by PM so that I can leave this opportunity open for another artist on the forums.

Thanks, and have a great day :)!

Edited by Super80 Wolf

I used the Blur tool in Photoshop CC, I'm sure GIMP can do the same for free.

Smooth.jpg

Doesn't look as sharp as I'd like it to be, but it's not bad at all. I might blur some more with Photoshop then. Thanks :).

Hai there! Ummm I tried unpixelating your original picture but it just didn't look sharp enough..

I ended up find the original and recolouring the picture so it could match your OC.

Hope he looks okay to you...

FQs6uLL.png

(edited)

Hai there! Ummm I tried unpixelating your original picture but it just didn't look sharp enough..

I ended up find the original and recolouring the picture so it could match your OC.

Hope he looks okay to you...

img-2761348-1-FQs6uLL.png

Heheh, thanks! The only thing is his nuzzle isn't the same as soarin's. What program and tool did you use for this? I could take the original, fix his nuzzle, then let you re color, if that's ok :). Or I could do it myself if you show me.

/)

Edited by Super80 Wolf

I'm not going to redo your image just cause it's not a paid request lol, but basically this is what I'd do.

1. Download your orginal image (Note it's going to be the same look, with the pixels regardless)

2. I'd either blur the edges like someone else said, or completely redo the image in Flash, sharpening the lines ane exporting it out as a PNG image.

3. PNG has the highest quality, I would highly recommend trying to save out on that if you can.

(edited)

I'm not going to redo your image just cause it's not a paid request lol, but basically this is what I'd do.

1. Download your orginal image (Note it's going to be the same look, with the pixels regardless)

2. I'd either blur the edges like someone else said, or completely redo the image in Flash, sharpening the lines ane exporting it out as a PNG image.

3. PNG has the highest quality, I would highly recommend trying to save out on that if you can.

1. So download the image from the internet to my computer then, right?

2. So after I re color, I do this. I assume flash is a program I must download, or is it online since you said export it out?

3. Aye! Actually I manually used the curve feature for the entire picture so that I could remove the stray pixels along the borders between two colors. The fixed picture's in my OCs profile if you're curious.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

(edited)

I noticed the pixellation is a completely different color than the outlines. In GIMP, I would select the color of the pixellation with Shift-O, select the color of the outline with O, then fill (ShiftB) every selected pixel with the outline color. It's time-consuming as you would have to hit every pixel or two individually, but it works.

Edited by ~Happy Gilda (WCP)

I noticed the pixellation is a completely different color than the outlines. In GIMP, I would select the color of the pixellation with Shift-O, select the color of the outline with O, then fill (ShiftB) every selected pixel with the outline color. It's time-consuming as you would have to hit every pixel or two individually, but it works.

I actually manually painted over the outlines with the curve feature on paint; it took some time xD.

What do you mean when you say the pixelation is different than the outlines? The only image that was pixelated was the one given by Synister, which I used for my final product. The original was all just filling the image with the right color. I could just take Moon Chaser's image (hey, he/she chases moons like you chase winds!) and edit the nuzzle, but I'd like to know how to do better with online painting.

@,

Well...unfortunetly Adobe Flash, isn't something you can simply download, it's an expensive program, usually up in the thousands. I have it along with other adobe progams cause I got a student discount while I was in college, and well... I can't use anything else, it truely is the best programs. Adobe Photoshop, Flash, After Effects.

But in this case yes I would use Flash to redo the lines and coloration, it's how I do my images:

ALBNewAva2_zps837473c5.png

I actually manually painted over the outlines with the curve feature on paint; it took some time xD.

What do you mean when you say the pixelation is different than the outlines? The only image that was pixelated was the one given by Synister, which I used for my final product. The original was all just filling the image with the right color. I could just take Moon Chaser's image (hey, he/she chases moons like you chase winds!) and edit the nuzzle, but I'd like to know how to do better with online painting.

The pixellation is a completely different color, which makes it easier to select. If the color was too similar to the outline, it would be tough as GIMP would recognize it as a gradient.

@,

Well...unfortunetly Adobe Flash, isn't something you can simply download, it's an expensive program, usually up in the thousands. I have it along with other adobe progams cause I got a student discount while I was in college, and well... I can't use anything else, it truely is the best programs. Adobe Photoshop, Flash, After Effects.

But in this case yes I would use Flash to redo the lines and coloration, it's how I do my images:

img-2761406-1-ALBNewAva2_zps837473c5.png

Heh, I was thinking about that possibly xD. Thanks for the tips. Your OC looks adorable by the way :wub:. Her big ears and long tail resemble an animal I can't think of :huh:.

The pixellation is a completely different color, which makes it easier to select. If the color was too similar to the outline, it would be tough as GIMP would recognize it as a gradient.

So I should make both the pixelation and outline colors periwinkle? This is with paint, right?

@,

is it bad that i simply downloaded every new adobe product out there? I love beating the system :P and your right...they are the best programs (i have no drawing skills, so flash is pointless for me...id love to learn to animate tho...)

(edited)

@,

Well... ya according to the law, you're pirating their products. But at the same time I can hardly blame you and some others that do that. Its so redicolously expensive that its basically you taking out a loan and hope it will be paid back in the animation products you do.

haha i actually paid for a few of them the only ones i havent would be Flash and a few effects and whatnot for After Effects. (pays being able to write code). for i am a lowly peasant, and do not wish to fork out ridiculous amounts of cash...and i tries sprucing up the image...but for some reason it wont upload anywhere (may have to fix my computer again :()

Edited by Aeron-Quillson

(edited)

I also just hit it with the brush. That works, too.

Oh wait. Is it possible to copy an outline? So I would only copy an outline with a certain color, which would let me fill it in without stray pixels to mess with it. I said it funny.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

(edited)

Oh wait. Is it possible to copy an outline? So I would only copy an outline with a certain color, which would let me fill it in without stray pixels to mess with it. I said it funny.

That does work if the noise pixels are not recognized as a gradient by GIMP, otherwise, I think you'd have to kill them like bugs. I'll try that on your picture when I get a chance.

Edited by ~Happy Gilda (WCP)

That does work if the noise pixels are not recognized as a gradient by GIMP, otherwise, I think you'd have to kill them like bugs. I'll try that on your picture when I get a chance.

Could you turn off the gradient recognizer?

• 1 year later...

Umm I know this thread is old... but, I fixed it ^^;

I revectored it, so I've also posted to my deviantART with a link to your profile so you won't go uncredited. I hope you like it ^w^

http://cayfie.deviantart.com/art/Comet-Streak-550420567?ga_submit_new=10%253A1438436881

sig-3988294.comet_streak_by_cayfie-d93pf

Very nice and thanks :P . I actually picked up vectoring so I don't have to worry about the pixelling anymore :wacko:.