Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could someone please help me get out of writer's block?

DukeofCanterlot

Hey everypony!
I started off writing my novel ("The Halfling") on FiMFiction with a lot of enthusiasm, but unfortunately I hit a writer's block :( and am not sure where I want to take this story.

If someone can give me some ideas, that would be fantastic, :D

Here's the link to the novel.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/182534/the-halfling

You can either PM me your suggestions or respond in this thread.

Thank you in advance!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ah yes the writers block, annoying little problem but there are ways to deal with it, these are methods I am using when I hit my own blocks.

1. get up and get away from your keyboard.

Staring at a blank screen is not going to spark any inspiration at all, the best thing to do is to get up and walk around your house and garden, with the garden being the best location if you have one, this clears your mind better to work with ideas and the area around you could possibly spark some ideas for use, this is why writers never stay in a bare room.

2. take it even further and just walk around the country side of streets.

this is the same reason as above but this extra push over the cliff means you will have even more freedom to think and lowers the chance of having to interact with another person, which may break your brainstorm.

3. Have a base plan for your story prepared.

Having the base structure of your story does help with writers block, if you are making the story as you go, you will have many blocks in the path you are carving, this structure means you will have the steps in-between left to sort out which does seriously help.

4.Play music in the background (that matches your story tone)

Music has power! to be blunt there is something about music that gives everyone a motivational push for anything, this even goes to writing, make sure however your music matches the tone of your story, if its to be a bright happy story, play something that matches it, if its a darker story, play something that fills that dark void.

For my story, this is GOD

Also I've read that story a few times before, I enjoyed what you have put out there so far, keep it up!

Edited by Hyper
  • Brohoof 1