Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you get away with murder?

RebelinNeedofCause

I'm great at stealth, a good shot with the crossbow, have little connection to the outside world.... I could probably do it

but I most likely wouldn't do it for two reasons

one, if I murder someone I will suffer in hell for all eternity

and two, I want to become a Deputy Sheriff and help lower crime rate not raise it and it would be even worse if I murdered someone with my badge.... if there isn't anything I hate more its corrupt law enforcement

I probably could. Though I don't intend to kill anyone. In fact i plan on becoming a polic officer.

you and I are similar... we possess the skill and the knowledge to kill, yet we wish to protect....

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

Not at all, nope. I'm not exactly the best at avoiding detection and escaping, and I've no clue how I could go about preparing/improvising a murder, anyhow =/ Plus, I'd probably end myself before anyone would even have a chance to arrest me or whatever... killing someone would not go down well with my conscience >_<

Burglars here sometimes have knives, so it's not the first time I was wondering what would happen if I pulled a kitchen knife, struggle, and accidentally kill the burglar.

Self-defense in this country does not work like the United States. It is much, much harder to get away with killing somebody even under self-defense, and it would cause significant drama and attention in my neighborhood etc, so I was always wondering what would happen if I just pulled a shovel and buried the guy in my yard. The guy wasn't supposed to be in my house, I don't know him and he doesn't know me, so if I just bury him in the middle of the night...?

I don't really know. But I think it'd make my morning relaxations in the yard far less relaxing for the rest of my life, if it were so. Though for the record if that ever happens, I seriously doubt I'd actually try to hide it (maybe if I didn't suffer any wound during the process I'd wound myself to make the struggle not look one-sided).

I have a friend who works in forensics in London, and has dealt with several high-profile cases. The murder clear-up rate in London is over 90%, so the chances of committing a murder and getting away with it seem small.

Partly this is because there's a huge amount of pressure on the police to get results on murder, so they divert a lot more resources into solving murders than, say, burglaries.

But, he says, the more important factor is that most murders are not planned. They're drunken fights that get out of hand, or domestic arguments where someone gets pushed down the stairs. If you're going out to burgle someone's house, then you plan ahead, and you take basic precautions, like wearing gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints. Most murderers, if they try to cover their tracks at all, do so afterwards in a panic, and leave behind clues. This is why murderers get caught, and burglars get away with it.

Anyway, yes, I do think I could get away with murder, provided the victim were someone I had no reasonable motive to want to murder. Anybody who has an obvious motive gets scrutinized. If you were to murder a random stranger who lived miles away from you, then you'd have a lot more chance of getting away with it.

Not that I plan on trying it.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle

I wouldn't get away with murder.

1. I wouldn't have the guts to do it

2. Who should I even murder?

3. Once I murder the person, where do I hide evidence?

4. Where's a good hiding spot?

5. My cold jail cell

I think I could, although I very much doubt I ever will. My method would involve burning the evidence and then scattering the burned remains in the ocean. Thinking about it now, scratch my chances of success. Such an elaborate plan is doomed to fail.

Killing someone is strongly against my morality. And let me tell you if I did it, accidentally even, I would never be able to live with myself. If you want to have an idea, I'm feeling incredibly terrible over the fact that a Dwarf Alberta Spruce I bought the Christmas before this last one got left out in the shade of my parents' garden over the Spring and Summer and is now dead as can be. A life taken because of my carelessness... The poor tree. =(

There's no way I could even possibly bear to even harm a sentient being. If I was smart enough to get away with it without the officials knowing, I would have killed myself from feeling awful about it anyway.... But I'd never harm anyone, so...

• 4 weeks later...

No.I'm totally against it and will probably fail doing it,heres some reasons

1. Who would even want to spend a lifetime of jail/Get Killed over a life loss,Well i don't
  2. I Can't Escape from cops after they found out i killed someone,Unless i change my identity/feign death(which would be impossible)
  3. I'll live a life of guilt
  4. I suck at destroying evidence

So, I will Go out and buy a frozen Leg of lamb, From there i will Kill the person before, cooking the leg up and Eating it for dinner :3 Maybe serve some to the Crying widow and police officers, 

#Originality 

i only murder for god and country or to save lives.  Could i get away with murder? yeah :ph34r:  i am a  military trained Designated Marksman's.  But I only kill when i need to and beside I want to be a hero and i Join the fight for what's right and let my heart be my guide.