Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to a gruesomely murdered body?

The Soldier

Say you were the first witness to see a gruesome dead body, whether you see the murder happen or not may be your case (though seeing a murder at action may be more traumatic). How would you react to that body?

For me, I've seen many pictures of gruesome corpses. Seeing a real brutally murdered bod, may frighten me at first sight, but after that, I might not scream or freak out like there's an apocalypse going on. But I will have that uneasy feeling in me...

Then again, I've never seen a real murdered body before. So this reaction may be opposite to how I'll really react.

I've never had that feeling before, so I personally wouldn't know how I would act. I would most likely be depressed and disgusted if I saw something like that right in front of my eyes.

"Lyyyyyyyyyyyyra... That kills people!!!"

I have no idea how I'd react. Given how tv has desensitized us, probably not as bad as I should but still wouldn't be pleasant to see.

• Brohoof 5

Well, though I have never actually see a murder or a real gruesome dead body I did see a car hit somebody once. It was a very unsettling experience to say the least. I imagine a murder might be even worse but as with all things time and repetition desensitizes you. The first time though I think I'd be terrified and shocked.  

I would probably be shocked as hell and really white. After freaking out, now that you mention it, I would call the police and try to figure out what happened. That's what would most people do anyway. Nobody gonna throw a party after it.

Also, I would really wonder where that murderer is in that moment if you know what I mean ohmy.png

Edit: For those who say they have seen lots of pictures, it gets nothing close to in real life. I mean, at least that is how it is for me as far as I know.

Edited by Smoke

Call me an insensitive lout, but I wouldnt be all that surprised. I can blame my desensitized reaction on my criminal justice class. They showed us pictures of crime scenes regularly and told us how to handle it. Although this isnt seeing the real thing up close and personal, i'd like to think i would do the same thing as i did in class: push it to the back of my brain so I could handle the situation rationally then bring it up months later, losing days of sleep over the image. Like a man.

I'm pretty sure I'd have a breakdown.  Mostly by actually seeing the insides and all.  I mean, I can't even keep calm in biology when they say they'll bring organs in class, how the heck would I keep calm by seeing the real deal in front of me, knowing that the person probably died an horrible death?  

Well I suppose you can split this into two different reactions.

The first is the reaction to the body itself. My reaction would not really be that special, I would be shocked to see one I suppose, but it's not like I would be disgusted or anything like that. I look at such things all the time in my horror movies and I'm not the person who is easily affected by such things. Before you say "but it's not like in movies" yeah I know but I've seen some nasty stuff irl too and I haven't had any problems with that.

Now the other reaction would be the "how did this happen?" "Is the murderer still out there?" "am I in danger for being around this area?" . You know, concerns about if I am in danger. This on the other hand would probably make me quite scared. I mean, where I live, in the city I live in I mean, there's not that much crime going on so I'm not used to such things tongue.png

Edited by Jokuc

I have seen many murders on movies and television and I'm okay with blood and gore stuff, so I won't be really  gross out seeing a real murder body. I will just be shocked at the murder and call the police.

I would probably be shocked as hell and really white. After freaking out, now that you mention it, I would call the police and try to figure out what happened. That's what would most people do anyway. Nobody gonna throw a party after it.

Also, I would really wonder where that murderer is in that moment if you know what I mean ohmy.png

Edit: For those who say they have seen lots of pictures, it gets nothing close to in real life. I mean, at least that is how it is for me as far as I know.

Yeah, doesn't matter how gore a picture is, the smells, sounds and sense of time being at an actual murder scene would effect you more than a picture alone would.

• Brohoof 1

I want to think I won't but I'll probably start freaking out. Then probably curling up into a ball as I reach out for my phone to call the police.

Though I probably will never know how I'd react and I hope I never do.

I used to be one of those creepy fellas who spend a good amount on this site called Rotten, it pretty much posted gruesome pictursd daily. I definitely didn't support the killings, but it simply always kept me interested in how someone could even do such a thing.

But still, they say the smell of a corpse is the most horrible thing you could smell, i'd be really creeped out and disgusted!

Nobody knows exactly how they will act in a situation until that situation presents itself to them.

That being said, my best guess at my reaction is:

If i have someone else with me when we discover the body, i would likely react slightly different than if i were on my own, on my own i would probably be a little panicked and scared, the first thing i would do would be to call the police, and likely drag that conversation out with them as long as possible, for fear of the murderer being nearby somewhere. If i were with someone else at the time i would still call the police but i would probably feel a little safer, as for feelings of sickness i doubt i would have any, ive seen dead bodies before (real ones) and i have seen alot of gore pictures and videos, its somewhat desensitized me to it.

Thats just my best guess though.

If I had a mobile device on hand, I'd panic for a little bit, calm down, and call for some help, police, or something, if I didn't run to the nearest place I knew, and get help, and then probably call the police.

I never seen a dead body before, so I wouldn't know  how to react to it. I'll panic, run around in circles, then call for some help nearby or anything that could get this gruesome discovery out of my mind.

I would probably back up and cover my mouth in disgust but I'd get over it after a while. I wouldn't scream or anything or even make that big of a deal out of it. I'd probably contact the police in some way, either by running to the nearest police station or by using a phone.

I have no idea, but based on my many, many hours of television watching, I would guess that my first reaction would be throwing up and just generally being really disgusted/afraid or something like that. I think that's your average "eww, a dead body" reaction, right?

Hmm..

I would probably feel my heart drop and freak out on the inside but look kinda calm comoared to the situation. Id stare at it.. or near it and freeze up becsause my fear of blood would have me near fainting at this point. I would try to stay calm and slowly limp myself somewhere to sit down or lay down until I could breathe again and not pass out. After that i dunno. The body would maybe be taken away by someone. :/

Ive read some nasty bad gore manga and I got through it without getting sick but I felt kinda disgusted.

"Oh for crying out loud, who left the ground beef out, wait a sec, ground beef doesn't have hands..."

I honestly don't know. I might freak out or puke, or I might be calm and in control. Reactions to extreme or unexpected situations are unpredictable, so there is no way to be certain. Usually, I'm the kind of person who uses horrible jokes to try easing tense situations, so I would probably say something grossly inappropriate but kind of funny.