Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to a gruesomely murdered body?

The Soldier

I walked into the guy across from my street, dead by shotgun suicide to the head. I called the police straight away. I can tell you, it's true when they say that the smell is the worst part. The sight didn't bother me all that much, but the smell. Had probably been there for a few days in scorching Summer heat as well. You might think you're all "desensitised" because you've seen pictures on the internet, but you're dead wrong because you haven't been there in person with that awful smell. Maybe it's just because he'd been left to rot in the heat for so long, but I really can't overstate just how horrible it all smelt.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

I've seen corpses before when I volunteer at the hospital. None murdered, I believe, but still some gruesomeness. My first day there a saw them carting in someone (barely alive) with part of a windshield lodged in his face. It was easily the worst thing I've ever seen. All of the nurses and paramedics were very calm, so that helped me keep my composure. I still volunteer, but I haven't seen anything that bad since.

I don't have any idea how I would react but just to anticipate some possible actions from me. I would probably stop walking (if I was walking), open my mouth and cover it with my hands and peel my eyes.

I would be so freaked out and shocked and nervous that I would run where I could feel safe around other people.

why? because my mindset would instantly tell me that the killer is nearby and that he will kill in the same way any witness. I'm not gonna be there and take my time to call the police.

Well since i can't even stand more then a few drops of blood (in real life, i don't have a problem seeing pics of blood), I would properly throw up before anything else, and then scream for help.

I couldn't deal with it. It would be in my nightmares. I remember a biology lesson in school not too long ago where we got into a group and had to dissect a baby pig. I told the teacher beforehand that i probably can't deal with this too well. Thankfully she's a really sweet woman and told me it's okay, if it gets too much, i could leave the classroom any time i wanted and come back later. The dissecting process got pretty gory and i had to nope the fuck out of there pretty soon. I started heading towards the bathrooms, my legs felt weak, my vision was getting fucking blurry, i was sweating and i was sure that i would faint on this goddamn hallway any second now. Thankfully i made it to the bathrooms and didn't actually throw up, but it was a pretty horrible experience. If a biology lesson can mess me up that bad, i can't imagine what a murder scene would do to me.

Get out the knife and fork. Its dinner time baby.... vsTALhM.png 

Haha just kidding, I would probably run away, freak out and burst into tears, then come to my senses later and report it :( 

I can't say it was gruesomely murdered but 10 minutes before I left for school someone found a body in the gully near my house along the route  he fell from a 3 story height head first so yeah. I would most likely freeze up not being good with abrupt situations but call 000 after regaining composure

I'll panic, get the hell out of that place and call the police. I'll probably be pretty traumatized. But I'll calm down. I don't usually watch horror movies and I've never seen a gruesomely dead body...

Run screaming for the nearest police officer. I don't really have any kind of stomach for squeamish things, so I'd probably throw up first, but yeah, the police would be the next port of call.

I'd likely pass out and if I didn't end up getting murdered myself I would be disturbed for the rest of my life.

I don't like seeing dead bodies of any kind. I won't even watch fiction with zombies and stuff like that. It's too much for me.

I would call the police, and if I saw anything, such as the murder, I would report any info I had to the police. I'd most likely remain calm as I've seen many gruesome things in my day. I wouldn't scream, I wouldn't cry, I probably wouldn't even be saddened, by now I'm really used to the cruelty of death.

Edited by ~Harmonic Harmy~

I wouldn't freak out or anything. I see no reason to. I'd just call 911 and calmly explain the situation. Not difficult in the slightest. I don't know the guy, so whatever.

I would probably just stare for a second, then look away and call the police/911

I'd probably be convincing myself that nothing's wrong, and try to banish the sight from my mind. Works sometimes too.

I can't possibly imagine myself in such a situation; it's just too ugly for me. 

However, I reacted with utter sadness when I heard about a biker in our town gruesomely killed. He was riding on his bike before falling over on the street. It was a foggy, and none of the cars could see the biker before it was too late. The carnage was horrible. It happened last week Friday too.

You know, at this point a lot of humans have become so desensitized that they'd probably take photos and sell it to the media and INSTAGRAMMMM!!1! rather than, I don't know, telling the police.

Personally, I would be more worried about getting killed myself. I would obviously feel bad for that person, and what happened to them was unfortunate, but suffering the same fate doesn't get anyone anywhere. There's also the fact that I'm just not grossed out by this sort of thing, to be frank. Not because I'm used to seeing it because of media, just because I never was and likely never will be, hence why all my friends say "ERMAHGERD BE A SERJUN".

• Brohoof 2

This topic is the reason I became a brony in the first place. It was quite a shock seeing my first dead body. I didn't react on scene, I still had a job to do. But I couldn't sleep for the next few days and I was kind of reserved. But a mix of talking with friends and giving MLP a shot got me over it. However, once you've seen a handful of dead bodies they stop bugging you. At least for me.

Poorly... I was one of those high school students that couldn't bear to go into biology, to see a gruesomely murdered body would be... shocking. Knowing me, I think I would start getting violent perceptions of the person's final moments and pass out from the psychological trauma and shock. I may be a gamer, but that sort of thing would still be absolutely horrifying.

Edited by Celtore

The way that every dumb chick, hippie, teenager or redneck farmer in a horror movie should act but never does: 

angry.png angry.png CALL THE DAMN POLICE!!!angry.png angry.png 

Or at the very least run to your nearest neighbor or person nearby for help...

• Brohoof 1

For a second I thought the title read "How would you gruesomely murder a body" Then I took a second look. Heh.

Anyways, I am quite sure I would be shocked, most likely burned into my mind, but it's a given that you notify the police.

Would be disturbing.  

• Brohoof 1

Depends how much of the crime scene i'd be smelling. If I can smell blood and guts, I might vomit. I have sensitive gag reflexes when it comes to bodily fluids. The sight of the gruesome death, while horrid to see, probably wouldn't mess me up too badly.

Anyway, upon discovering the body I would probably stare for a few minute in total shock. Then I'd call the cops or whatever.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to say the smell would probably get me more than anything else, considering what just a dead mouse in the back of the closet can do, I can't imagine how a human corpse would smell.

I'd yell, "Heyyyy zombie friends...guess what I found." Nah, I'd probably hyperventilate, tell myself I'm seeing things, run away, and be scared of every moving object for about a year. I don't handle sticky situations very well.  blush.png