Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would Younger You react to the Season Finale?

Gaines

You mean, the “Last Problem” episode?

Such emotions of feeling sad for a series to end requires one to have watched the full series first. I would have been much younger starting FiM 9 years earlier, and I would have been more sad watching the season finale for sure, but not because I was younger. Much more emotional things happened in my life at that time so having a strong show to carry me through would cause a lot of emotions when it ended.

A simple answer: Yes, younger = more emotionally attached.

• Brohoof 2

The season 3 premiere was enough to creep me out as a kid. That King Sombra thing used to give me terrible nightmares! If I were still a kid and I had to watch that battle in the season 9 finale (The Ending of the End), I would probably be dead already.

• Brohoof 2

If I was going in without knowing what FiM was at the time then I'd probably dismiss it sadly. So much of my interest in the show built up around Season 1 and 2 episodes and probably peaked around the introduction of Starlight Glimmer that by the time I caught up to the end it was somewhat bittersweet of an ending. But I probably would've thought it was just The Hub's version of Adventure Time gone awry for a season before losing any interest whatsoever. 

Thank goodness G4 became the Spongebob of the Hub, otherwise I don't think Pound Puppies or The Twisted Whiskers Show would've kept me on that channel in the first place. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...