Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to a gruesomely murdered body?

The Soldier

I used to see gruesomely murdered bodies all the time. Like, on a daily basis, during my drives to and from university. They're called "roadkill" and they were all over the place. I never had time to react to them since I was usually too preoccupied with not crashing my vehicle, but it's a very sad thing to think about after the fact. Those bodies just lay there in the hot pavement getting their insides roasted by the sun, and we just drive on like it's nothing. How callous we've become.

No, I'm not off topic. You didn't specify humans.

Edited by Rudy Redlin
  • Brohoof 2

I used to see gruesomely murdered bodies all the time. Like, on a daily basis, during my drives to and from university. They're called "roadkill" and they were all over the place. I never had time to react to them since I was usually too preoccupied with not crashing my vehicle, but it's a very sad thing to think about after the fact. Those bodies just lay there in the hot pavement getting their insides roasted by the sun, and we just drive on like it's nothing. How callous we've become.

No, I'm not off topic. You didn't specify humans.

Well, I don't expect most people intend to run over small animals on their daily commute (at least, one should hope not) so that's more like "gruesomely manslaughtered"... which is both ironic and literally true.

For humans: It depends. If it was someone I knew, I would probably scream, cry and throw up... not necessarily in that order. If it was a stranger, just the screaming and throwing up.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah um, I've never seen a dead body (Unless it was in a casket) before. However, if I see one that looked gruesome, I think I would scream and call the police. I may faint, but only from shock. I guarantee that's what would happen for me.

To be completely honest it wouldn't be much of a deal for me, I'm sort of the "I don't give a f***" type, I would just call the police and that would be the end of it. Not really, I would most likely call the police but I would probably just stand there frozen or look down at the ground for awhile. I guess you can never be ready for seeing something like that, most likely I would just be in shock but still I'm not sure.

Having Cataplexy my knees would probably give out on me, as I would be shocked. As my muscles struggled to work out of fear, I would try desperately to get the hell out of there. Once in a safe spot, I'd call the cops. I would then then try to get the horrible image out of my head.

I would most likely get pretty shocked, but I don't think that I would absolutely flip out and break down.

I'm okay with gore, I think the issue would be the smell depending on how long the body had been there. Apparently a decaying body is the worst smell ever. But if it was recent I'd probably keep calm and call the police.

I'd probably be freaked out, I have a big fear of guts and gore, and i don't think i'd take kindly to some in front of me.

I'd probably be shocked, then i'd get paranoid and freaked out, and probaly call 911, and then hide or something till they arrived for fear that the killer finds me aswell.

I wouldn't be calm for sure.

• 1 year later...

Well, I've seen a few bodies in real life, not quite dead though. One was a guy lit on fire from an exploding moped he was driving over some train tracks with. The others were from OD's (family related) but they were pale and looked deathly. Not a good childhood I had, not at all.

The majority of bodies I've seen were on the internet, ranging from many methods of death that I'm afraid to list them all. Let's just say I've seen hundreds. Real people. 

I basically did this to be able to react better at death. It happened when my mother died, so I was curious what it was like to be cremated (we didn't give her a proper funeral because we were poor). It's not a pretty sight obviously, but I've mentally handled it better. Just in case I decide to join the military, it wouldn't be the first time seeing death if I did see it there. I wouldn't be as prone to breaking down and crying or panicking.

I honestly have no idea. Admittedly, being a browser of /b/ I've seen a fair few, and don't really react to most of them anymore, but then again I've never actually seen a dead body in real life. It's probably a lot worse.

I saw my grandma pretty close to death though, in fact she died the day after I visited. She looked so ill, it was awful. 

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

I'd probably react the same way I would to seeing one on the internet.....=X .

I'll assume I don't know the person. It would feel very uneasy, and much scarier knowing that whatever caused such a thing could probably still be lurking around.

Well, that's obvious! Selfie! Ow! Ow! Hey, stop hitting me! He- ...Whoo, good he's gone. Anyway, I would probably look around for a bit, let my mind process what is infront of me, then walk away slowly, and run when out of sight.

• Brohoof 4