Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there really someone out there that is 'your one'?

Celestial Wish

2 minutes ago, AngelDustlicious said:

I'm of the belief there's actually more than one person for pretty much everyone that could be their "one." Problem is just finding them. I mean it's much easier if you're straight or bisexual, but even us homos can find somebody for us. I mean I did, and I live in one of the most difficult places in the country for our kind. What's that say about holding on hope?

Also, to get my point across, I actually had to turn down a couple of offers from girls before, simply because I just have no interest of that kind in women. And if I did, I know a girl I'd be in love with in my real life, but just not know how to express it. :sealed: Of course, I'm not saying who that would be, because it would be extremely awkward for a variety of reasons. Though I think I may actually be... a little into her in some ways (she's part of what's making me think I may have a slight interest in the opposite sex). I think she's pretty much the kind of girl I'd "go straight for" if you know what I mean (If only she knew how gorgeous she is)... :blush: 

But that's all beside the point. Yes, I do believe everyone actually has multiple people out there waiting for somebody like them. It's just a matter of finding them, and being with them, and depending on your orientation it may be harder for you than it would be for others.

This.

10 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I am. :P But what I was meaning is that I agree with you that people can have multiple "ones" for them, but it's just really difficult (especially given certain attitudes toward polyamory :dry:)

I did mean that like that but also meant it like if one person doesn't work out, there's another one likely waiting.

And by the middle paragraph, of course it's obvious enough I mean that I would likely be really into her if I wasn't gay. I'm saying this just in case somebody sees it and gets the wrong idea. Also, on that note, I wouldn't go against my BF's wishes. I mean it would be unfortunate that I would have to put that stipulation on it, but I love him more than anyone else, so I'm more than willing to observe his rules on me.

Edited by AngelDustlicious
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I've always had this positive thinking, that yes there is someone out there that is simply perfect. Yet as I grew up and realized how degenerate the modern culture is of hookups and tinder, I realized that perhaps there really isn't anyone out there for anyone. Very least during these times of self indulgence, tinder, the incentive to find someone for a long term relationship leaves rather minimal return when you take into count all the emotional rollercoaster that comes with a relationship.

While I believe there truly is someone for everyone, the fact is today it is more like there is everyone for everyone. Relationships and dates have lost their meaning as getting one takes about couple of swipes, some tinder gold and you've got it. Yet this has the implication that relationships nowadays are more like six months nowadays. I am old fashioned, what I have always looked out for is that perfect person yet nowadays finding said person while being relatively easy because of the modern culture of dating nobody is thinking in the long term. 

To summarise, I believe there is someone that one person I just think that people have all given up on finding the right one.

• Brohoof 4

Yes, there is probably someone out there, but as stated by others in this thread, the problem is, are you the right one for them?

A relationship requires more than just one person getting what they want. And it is not possible to get two people to completely agree about everything. Even if you duplicated yourself, and you knew you would argue about the same things, the quantum forces would probably kick in, and all of a sudden, you are disagreeing with yourself.

I am disagreeing with myself multiple times every day. So, if there is anyone special out there, you must really be something special!

• Brohoof 4

15 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I've always had this positive thinking, that yes there is someone out there that is simply perfect. Yet as I grew up and realized how degenerate the modern culture is of hookups and tinder, I realized that perhaps there really isn't anyone out there for anyone. Very least during these times of self indulgence, tinder, the incentive to find someone for a long term relationship leaves rather minimal return when you take into count all the emotional rollercoaster that comes with a relationship.

While I believe there truly is someone for everyone, the fact is today it is more like there is everyone for everyone. Relationships and dates have lost their meaning as getting one takes about couple of swipes, some tinder gold and you've got it. Yet this has the implication that relationships nowadays are more like six months nowadays. I am old fashioned, what I have always looked out for is that perfect person yet nowadays finding said person while being relatively easy because of the modern culture of dating nobody is thinking in the long term. 

To summarise, I believe there is someone that one person I just think that people have all given up on finding the right one.

You’ve definitely hit the nail on the head with my struggles. I hate what dating has turned into. An app that lets you post a few sentences about yourself and mostly judges based off your appearance. Even then they’re mostly used for hookups, trying to get instagram followers or for people to see how many matches they can get. I’ve worked with some people who were in committed relationships that used tinder just to see what matches they would get.

Not even bashing those who are using it for hookups. When I put looking for something serious and still have people swiping for hooksups it gets frustrating. It wastes everyone’s time.

I always leave the apps but end up having to go back because that’s how we’re doing things nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

My husband and I have been through lengthy separations, devastating deaths in the family, relocations for our careers- the list of relationship-destroying events is kind of long. I've even lived all the way on the other side of the world from him on multiple occasions (during out separation and for work) and yet we're still married, I still very much love him and will never be able to see myself without him or his family at any point in the future. He came down with a nasty case of me almost 20 years ago now and I'm afraid he's never getting over it. :)

I don't really believe in ideas of destiny and "the one". I'd imagine there are thousands of people I'm potentially compatible with, it's just a matter of luck and waiting until I cross paths with one of them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Theres someone out there for you. However, whether is next door, in the next state, or next country is something you have to leave up to fate. Until then its a countless pool of people who share the same interests as you but are never on the same page as you or are with you with you. 

I mean sure we could all say there are many fishes out in the sea-and giving someone new a chance, but I feel there's one person out there for you.  Even if you don't get a chance with them or if they passed away, and when you're trying to move on with someone new-there's always a string to pull you back to that first person. Not saying we shouldn't give the new person a chance, but you know what they say-first love hurts the most.

• 1 year later...

I think the idea of there being this perfect person out there for you has kinda been built up from fairy tails and isn't really a realistic expectation to have when dating people. In this essay I will... jk.

But seriously, there's definitely someone out there for everyone, it's just a matter of finding them and realizing no matter what they won't be perfect. Everyone's flawed, you're flawed, I'm flawed. It's why communication and cooperation is key to a healthy relationship. And why true love is learning to love someone for everything they are, flaws and all. So I guess If you ever find someone you can safely and confidently say that with, congrats, you probably found your "one".

On 2021-09-29 at 10:42 AM, TBD said:

I mean sure we could all say there are many fishes out in the sea-and giving someone new a chance, but I feel there's one person out there for you.  Even if you don't get a chance with them or when you're trying to move on with someone new-there's always a string to pull you back to that first person. Not saying we shouldn't give the new person a chance, but you know what they say-first love hurts the most.

I was going through a heartbreak then, now I know better.- 

“Boy number two there is someone for you
Just forget her and walk away
Don't be fooled
Be careful which one that you choose
Second boys will be first choice to
Somebody better than you.”

I think there are multiple people in the world that you're highly compatible with, no matter how weird or reclusive you are - that goes for everyone not only now, but also in human history. The availability of travel and tools like the internet have made the world a lot smaller, and I think these days it's easier than ever to meet those people.

That being said, I've only met one in my life so far, so maybe my opinion is bollocks.

On 2021-06-30 at 6:30 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Pretty accurate. I think there are many people out there for all of us. As for me, I have a smaller pool than most in my opinion (I'm not as social, for instance), and among those people they're already with someone. It feels like betrayal everytime when I feel I actually have good chemistry with someone. I go in expecting them to say they're married to minimize the damage.... and I'm right. Good for them. I don't wish everyone out there to be available for me and they should be happy with who they're with now if compatible, but the alternative is nobody would be available for me and happy with who they are. That's obviously not reality.

Heck, even if people do like me, I want to be valued for who I am, not my looks or my status... And then I often can't reciprocate those feelings in those instances, unfortunately. But, personally I don't think most people who have liked me in the past really liked me for that (because I barely knew them too). Just... for some reason I was attractive to them. I don't know if this is super on-topic :wacko: .

The hardest pill to swallow is yes: they're out there for me, but they're with someone else or will be soon, because I am stuck where I am, right now, and I wish I could be done.

• Brohoof 1

Oh definitely. I know I’ll find somebody. I’m already interested in someone I see around the workplace. If that ends up not an option I know there will be others. I seen someone else I wouldn’t mind getting to know there as well. I’ve seen a lot of potential options, it’s just getting out of the comfort zone to say something. Which I plan on doing.  A childhood family friend of mine is just now getting married in his mid 30s and had been single almost all of his life. So yeah I know I’m next and I’m not worried.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not believe in fate, and typically I'm fine with that. But in this case, I do kinda wish there was some kind of guarantee that I would find and be with the love of my life. The uncertainty of not knowing whether or not I'll ever find someone is stressful. The chance that it will never happen being a possibility is too much. It makes me sad. I feel like the chances drop every year that passes by. Hoping something will change now with me making some big changes in my life and my past loves being out of the picture and no longer keeping me from moving on from them.

Edited by Envy

I wish there was, I've never even gone on a date before, it feels pretty hopeless for me at this point since I can never meet women who share my interests or any who I'd think might even consider me as an option. At a convention I was fumbling trying to talk to a girl but I can't lead a conversation anywhere. What am I even supposed to say?