What Really Grinds Your Gears

Justin_Case001

I've spent 70 episodes telling you ponies what really grinds my gears.  Now, as per @Fluttershutter's request, I'm starting this thread to find out what really grinds your gears.  This isn't meant to be the big, earth-shattering stuff.  The idea is to talk about all the little, inconsequential, stupid sh*t about everyday life that annoys you.

So, how 'bout it?  What really grinds your gears?

Fake positivity of game devs. Corporate jargon is one thing, but when a game is shit, you don't have to post hollow praises and smiley faces. One can just uninstall at that point cause you know nothing's gonna happen until the damn thing dies.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The way that people nowadays always say ‘I’m like’ instead of ‘I said.’ :unamused: I always say ‘I said’ for everything. :pout: Don’t know why that bothers me but it does. :dash: Just one of those weird things. :twismile:

When someone says "expecially" instead of "especially". :lie: 

• Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

When someone says "expecially" instead of "especially"

Agreed  Kind of makes it sound like you're saying that you expect something rather than put emphasis on something. Which is a different meaning entirely.

2 hours ago, Merry Brony 42 said:

When people say "digital" when they mean "download."

What the big deal or difference? You still have to download the digital games anyway.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Emerald Claus said:

When people beg for a TV show from their childhood to come back (Ex: Sailor Moon) but then get mad when it does (Ex: Sailor Moon Crystal) 

Sometimes I think people live for the day when they can talk about the “good old TV show days” and talk about how reboots are so bad.

As for me personally, I can’t stand how vague my English teacher is. I always end up doing way too much work in that class cause I’m afraid the teacher is secretly wanting more than what’s being asked.

1 hour ago, Merry Brony 42 said:

No, you don't! I buy all my digital games and movies on discs

That's still technically a physical disc, not a digital download. :P

You know what grinds my gears: people like the Nostalgia Critic/Doug Walker who reviews movies and get such basic facts wrong that their fanbase doesn't even bother to to check if what he said is true and therefore spread the misinformation around like a wildfire of ignorance on the web. You can have your own opinion but please keep your basic facts straight.

19 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

That's still technically a physical disc, not a digital download. :P

DVD = digital versatile disc. Digital means consisting of discrete bits of information. Digital does not mean download. Not all electronic information is digital. Not all digital information is delivered via download. For a long time, the only way to buy movies, games, and music digitally was to buy them on disc. At some point, someone incorrectly thought that digital meant download, and now that misconception is pervasive.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

I've spent 70 episodes telling you ponies what really grinds my gears.  Now, as per @Fluttershutter's request, I'm starting this thread to find out what really grinds your gears.  This isn't meant to be the big, earth-shattering stuff.  The idea is to talk about all the little, inconsequential, stupid sh*t about everyday life that annoys you.

So, how 'bout it?  What really grinds your gears?

Thank you. ^_^

You know what really grinds my gears???

MLP's done it. Most cartoons have done it. This trope where somebody falls in the water and catches a cold. VIRUSES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!! Viruses were discovered 128 years ago and people are still saying "Don't go outside without a coat." "Don't get wet. You'll get sick."

image.png.3c3a39db71f3b5eadc26af64268b9bac.png

JUST STOP!!!!!

• Brohoof 1