Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Find out your gaming style with this quiz

cybershocker455

Well, I'm calm, spontaneous, relaxed, independent, deeply immersed and practical. For action I'm at 22%, with 34% in destruction and 17% in excitement. For mastery I'm at 15%, with 18% in challenge and 19% in strategy. For achievement I'm at 35%, with 46% in completion and 30% in power. For social I'm at a low 11% with competition at 17% and community at 13%. Immersion is by far my highest at 70%, with 87% in fantasy and 45% in story. Creativity is at 21%, with discovery at 20%, and design at 28%.

Judging by the results, it's no wonder that I irritate my girlfriend to no end by refusing to so much as text when I'm immersed in a game I'm fond of. I did disappear for three months when I played through the Mass Effect trilogy, and might do it again when Andromeda comes out. It's also probably no wonder that I can get so immersed in a world of colourful anthropomorphic ponies in the non-gaming sphere of my life.

• Brohoof 1

Action: 17%

Social: 3%

Mastery: 3%

Achievement: 25%

Creativity: 2%

Immersion: 54%

Calm, Spontaneous, Relaxed, Independent, Immersed, and Practical.

Top 3 Motivations:

1. Fantasy (92%)

2. Power (35%)

3. Excitement (28%)

Bottom 3 Motivations:

1. Discovery (0%)

2. Community (1%)

3. Challenge (2%)

You know in a weird way this is pretty accurate. Even if their specific definitions don't match my own motivations they still fit.

Although the one thing the system itself doesn't understand is that immersion doesn't always refer to story or characters. It can just as easily mean the gameplay, stats and whatnot as well for me.

You can tell I don't care about being the best or playing with or around other people though. :P

Haha, my recommended games are horrible though. The Arkham games? What little I've played was pretty boring. The Walking Dead? Couldn't care any less if I tried.

The others I wouldn't consider must plays even if I liked them, like Tomb Raider, Tetris (I can name at least three Tetris or Tetris-like games better than original Tetris :P ) and Final Fantasy XIII.

Mass Effect 3 is definitely one of the best games out there though and Shadow of Mordor is highly recommended by some friends of mine so I do want that.

I'd say overall it's weird to see my numbers so low. I guess I'd say it means I have few actual expectations of games. Simply playing them is enough to satisfy me 99% of the time and that is absolutely true of me. I also spend 90% of my free time playing games so it's not like I'm just casually playing whenever I find some free time. I specifically dedicate a significant amount of my time to video games.

Also a random note is I think people are confusing their definition of "fantasy". They keep thinking of the setting when it's more than likely talking about realism vs fantastical. If you got a low score on fantasy then it means you like your fiction to be more realistic, even as it's taking place in unrealistic worlds. You like it to make sense and be explainable rather than "it's magic" being pretty much the whole explanation.

Well, I'm calm, spontaneous, relaxed, independent, deeply immersed and practical. For action I'm at 22%, with 34% in destruction and 17% in excitement. For mastery I'm at 15%, with 18% in challenge and 19% in strategy. For achievement I'm at 35%, with 46% in completion and 30% in power. For social I'm at a low 11% with competition at 17% and community at 13%. Immersion is by far my highest at 70%, with 87% in fantasy and 45% in story. Creativity is at 21%, with discovery at 20%, and design at 28%.

Judging by the results, it's no wonder that I irritate my girlfriend to no end by refusing to so much as text when I'm immersed in a game I'm fond of. I did disappear for three months when I played through the Mass Effect trilogy, and might do it again when Andromeda comes out. It's also probably no wonder that I can get so immersed in a world of colourful anthropomorphic ponies in the non-gaming sphere of my life.

:lol: When Mass Effect eats your soul, it does it pretty good. I could do little else while I played through the trilogy last year. If only I didn't have to work... :D

(edited)

I am:   

Action-Oriented, Persistent, Social, and Immersed

Sounds about right.

Stats:

95% excitement 

88% challenge

65% completion 

90% competition 

70% fantasy 

75% design

Edited by Mr_Bigeyes02

I mostly like games that have action and the power to let me make my own decisions that make me later deal with the consequences like RPG. Immersion into a game is really the most important part for me, let it be the world, characters, storyline, or just everything.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Calm, Proficient, Relaxed, Story-Focused, and Creative

Creativity got 92%

Mastery got 76%

Immersion got 57%

Social got 51%

Action got 23%

Achievement got 20%

Some of the questions felt repeated. One asked about achievements, another asked about collectibles, another asked about stars/trophies... Those are kinda all the same thing, to an extent. Regardless...

I took it but I don't see how it describes me because I have different gaming moods and perspectives depending on how I am feeling.

I gotta agree with Pip, here. My action got a 23%, but I LOVE TF2, which is nothing but action and explosions. At the same time, I LOVE FF6, because of the story.

All depends on my mood.

Edited by Jackie: sleepy mare
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I got:

Calm, Analytical, Relaxed, Independent, Grounded, and Inquisitive

My dominant player type is Acrobat and secondary is Bard.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231009_031003_Brave.jpg.72973948e8a351f8e2cccc46141fd37a.jpg

Acrobats are solo gamers who primarily want to take on challenging gameplay and they want to practice over and over again until they can take on the most difficult missions and bosses in the game.

Bards are team players who want to chat and interact with other players in game worlds that are rich with lore, stories, discovery, and customization. For them, the game is a grand story that emerges from a community of players.

:fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Your Quantic Gamer Type :

GARDENER / SKIRMISHER

Gardeners are looking for quiet, relaxing task completion. They enjoy accessible gameplay that focuses on completing levels/quests, collecting stars/trophies, and collecting collectibles.

Skirmishers want fast-paced team arenas that are accessible and easy to jump into. They are highly spontaneous gamers who dislike games that require thinking and planning.

Your Gamer Motivation Profile :

Spontaneous, Relaxed, Gregarious, Grounded, and Expressive

image.png.9e27efc001c5e5b6c5793eab01717eb7.pngimage.png.3fa02d861e28cd304a8fe11428908bf1.png

• Brohoof 1

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Slayer, but you also lean towards a secondary player type, the Gardener.

Slayers want to be the heroic protagonists in a cinematic story. They are solo gamers who enjoy highly curated narratives and slower-paced gameplay. They see games as highly interactive action movies to be experienced.

Gardeners are looking for quiet, relaxing task completion. They enjoy accessible gameplay that focuses on completing levels/quests, collecting stars/trophies, and collecting collectibles.

• Brohoof 1

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Bard.

Bards are team players who want to chat and interact with other players in game worlds that are rich with lore, stories, discovery, and customization. For them, the game is a grand story that emerges from a community of players.

Spoiler

IMG_0510.thumb.jpeg.9577d9c0e2157b4f5cc8e1631bef238b.jpeg

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.7caeb0bac5fa02ce8effd062cc7d1706.jpeg
IMG_0512.thumb.jpeg.bf824af18fc03974195b5af15aecfca1.jpeg

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

38 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Bard.

Bards are team players who want to chat and interact with other players in game worlds that are rich with lore, stories, discovery, and customization. For them, the game is a grand story that emerges from a community of players.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0510.thumb.jpeg.9577d9c0e2157b4f5cc8e1631bef238b.jpeg

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.7caeb0bac5fa02ce8effd062cc7d1706.jpeg
IMG_0512.thumb.jpeg.bf824af18fc03974195b5af15aecfca1.jpeg

Bards are my favorite class to play in RPG, I'm a bit jealous hahaha :lostit::-P

• Brohoof 1

Here’s mine, pretty accurate. I like playing in my own little world or with closet friends or small groups. I do like getting stronger and level myself up but I hate ranks. Nor do I care about it since to it’s make people have this false achievement ego which leads most players to become toxic. My greatest pet peeve is when players especially toxic players, brags about their crits damage or stats instead of the talking about the game itself. Back in the days I remember people would talk about the games and the story. Now it’s just all about “look mom am I Swrong? Look at my stat %! Look I got to Rank S!”

Thats great kid, you earned a golden star! Good job! now how about you try contributing that much effort to your schooling and other life achievements??? But anyway- while you guys are so busy about stats and popularity let’s talk about the game itself. How about that?

Anyways here’s my result 

Spoiler

IMG_7806.thumb.jpeg.da481422d9a8bdc5a70ae5f78e21f003.jpeg
IMG_7815.thumb.jpeg.300b66559df6c8c799e60c7af172cb49.jpeg

IMG_7808.thumb.jpeg.a266c8b7c5a9ce36ca819a05ef112228.jpeg

IMG_7809.thumb.jpeg.c6df88619ce43ed60771ed5a118c2c4a.jpeg

IMG_7810.thumb.jpeg.4eb4f27bd1bf2602b6766d55a7b74513.jpeg

IMG_7811.thumb.jpeg.08fbba3190b3c61d033cfda86992d1cc.jpeg

IMG_7812.thumb.jpeg.ab997b9e3865bb6b7f5fa5e6927070b7.jpeg

IMG_7813.thumb.jpeg.8bfdfbd2e104281fbe6c449bbe486348.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

image.thumb.png.42cbb6dedaff2f0988f3474abcf755ab.png

It is mostly correct, I really like point-and-click adventure games with great stories, like Syberia, Dreamfall Chapters and similar games. I play some FPS games though too, but I really like if there is a story there, not just running and shooting.

I also like playing co-op with my friends. I have played Borderlands (and 2 and TPS and 3) with a friend and recently I played Raft and now Valheim with a group of friends. 

I always play of what I think is the "default" difficulty - it usually is called "normal" or something like that.

I also like simulators, recently I have been playing Derail Valley (and here use the "realistic" difficulty, because it's supposed to be a simulator).

At some point I was really into Factorio, this type of game appeals to me as well. 

• Brohoof 1