Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This pop quiz is half your grade o-O

SkullcandyPegasus

Curse an awful education system based solely on exams that doesn't prepare students for real life.

The edginess is strong with this one.

• Brohoof 1

I try to do well on the pop quiz? xD

I mean: I stand up on my desk all dramatic-like and deliver a thirteen minute long speech about the unjustness of this pop quiz!  Then I go to the principal's office and receive my punishment.  Or fall off of my desk and receive my punishment from gravity.

• Brohoof 3

The edginess is strong with this one.

I'm allowed an opinion about the standards of education where I live, aren't I?

And as for 'edgy', I take one look at your OC and... Yeah.

I take it as a compliment to be called edgy be one of the masters of edge.

• Brohoof 1

I'm allowed an opinion about the standards of education where I live, aren't I?

And as for 'edgy', I take one look at your OC and... Yeah.

I take it as a compliment to be called edgy be one of the masters of edge.

You got me there. I stand painfully corrected.

Takin' canon to its boundaries.

post-31621-0-28522400-1429565879.jpg

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1

@Shadow Beam

ForthEorl is probably referring to the provenly bad American, grade-level education system. If so, there is much truth to his statement. Though America is not the only place with a sub-par public educational system.

That being said, America actually has highly sought after universities, that drive people who live thousands of miles away to study abroad. So, whilst our public educational system might be poor, it's not quite the same case with college education.

• Brohoof 1

ForthEorl is probably referring to the provenly bad American, grade-level education system. If so, there is much truth to his statement.

I was talking about the British education system, but from what I hear about the American one... Not much better?

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what the subject of the quiz is, but I'd probably just shrug and ace the test. I'm very good at taking tests, and if it's half my grade that means I don't have to work very hard for the rest of the class to pass ^^

• 4 years later...

I would just try to answer the test as best as I can. When I was in school, AFAIR, I did not really study that much for tests anyway, since most subjects fell into two categories -

• interesting stuff that I remember from the class or have read anyway and could take a test right now 
  • uninteresting stuff that I cannot really remember even if I read it 10 times.

And even if I failed that test, the teacher would most likely allow me to retake it later and I would just explain it to my parents that the test was a surprise. It would help if a lot of other students failed the test as well.

This was better in the University - the rules there said that everyone can have one or two (I do not remember which) re-takes for free, then you had to pay some money (less than 100EUR as I remember) to retake the exam again and if you fail once or twice again, you have to repeat that subject (and pay more money for that), but by that time you have failed the exam at least 3 times.

Hopefully this teacher likes me, or I probably fail.

I would do anything I can to delay the pop quiz (teacher, I must go to the bathroom! Teacher my parents are sick I need to call them now! Teacher, is that the fire alarm I heard?), then try to figure out what it is (ask previous students, break into the teachers break room and go through the notes, anything!), and cheat my way to victory.

• Brohoof 2