The worst grade you've ever gotten on a test?

Octavia Heartstrings

An actual test? I got a 19 on a test in 6th grade because the teacher put questions from the wrong chapter (test on a book) on the test. She even accused me of not reading it, when I read the chapter, multiple times... I even recognized the answers to those questions when I read the chapter AFTER the one we were tested on. That's not my fault she downright misdid her own test... Doesn't help the book it was from was a really, really boring and kind of bad book. I really wish we would have just read Watership Down or Of Mice and Men instead (the latter we didn't get to until high school, although I think it's more than appropriate reading for a 6th/7th grade class, and the former I read on my own time and really enjoyed, even with the absurdly slow start it has. No, I'm not a bookworm, thank you very much).

As for test GRADES that aren't from actual tests, I got a 13 on a plant collection I had to do for Biology. I'm honestly a little upset at her for her actually kind of nonsense justification for having to do it (which was that we would need to do something like it later on). Who's really going to use this? I'm pretty sure the knowledge form this could only, POSSIBLY, be useful for somebody who wanted to be a taxonomer or a botanist... Of course, this same teacher took 25 points off of a later test grade, because I decided to not give any credence to the total nonsense that is climate change denial, while in the process making my essay on it... NOT wishy-washy, like an essay is SUPPOSED to be. I would have gotten a 99 if her instructions made any sense, but nope, a 74 instead. Don't hate her, just think she really needs to change her curriculum if she wants to teach more than glorified parrots.

And with all of that nonsense and my constant procrastination causing me to get sometimes as many as 5 or 6 zeroes in one trimester, I still ended up with a 94.3 GPA (I think the four point was a 3.61).

Edited by Angel_Dust

It was probably a mock history exam I took in secondary school.

I can't remember the percentage I got on it exactly but it was something in the 30% region. I attended school that day with a really bad cold that had me coughing, sneezing and struggling to keep my balance due to having triple vision. I remember my saliva didn't taste too good either that day. No matter how many times I kept reading paragraphs on the test paper, they just weren't sinking in or making sense and when I was trying to write an answer, I kept stopping between words to refocus. I also remember the History teacher kept looking over at me out of concern and even noted it on my record that the score was low due to me being ill during the exam.

I remember during the afternoon of the same day, my form tutor noticed my cold and asked me why on Earth I didn't call in sick. I told her that I came in because I didn't want to miss the exam and she told me off saying that was no excuse for not calling in sick and that I could've taken it another day.

• Brohoof 1

Don't remember the scores, but I had an algebra glass in the 8th grade that I passed by 0.01%. I retook the class my freshmen year to be safe, did much better, but my teacher had two alternative versions of a test for retakes, and she had to make a third for me because it took that many tries to get a pass.

53 minutes ago, Kamii said:

I got a 0 on a Math test in high school once.. do I win?

Not so fast. I once got a -8% on a college test. The professor would take off points if you did not put units in your work. A 5 pt. Question could have 8+points taken away for lack of units. 

Still pulled the class together for a B after a lot of hard work. 

Ah sweet bitter memory... 45% on my calculus test. I was the lowest in the class. Our canvas shows the scores but not the name of the students. And I remembered hearing one student behind me said "Jeez I wonder who got the lowest?" and snicker to the person next to them.

Me: 

img.gif?width=497&height=369

Surely not me. :pout:

I think it might’ve been a 45% or so on advanced math or something like that, back in high school. Otherwise....65% is my lowest average if I am to fail an exam. 

With or without a grade curve? In high school IB Physics I got a 43% on a test (ouch), but it got curved to a B. I don't remember the exact percentage, but with my school's grading scale a B is anywhere between an 88 and a 93 (we used a six point grading scale instead of the traditional ten point grading scale. It sucked, but it forced people to try harder if they didn't want to fail classes).

My lowest grade without a curve was a 79% on my first Pre-Calculus test in college. I know that's still a C+ which is passing, but at my high school that would have been a failing grade (I count a C- and below as failing, and many college classes do, too). I started putting a lot more effort into the class after that. Mostly for pride (I'm a perfectionist, so a C+ isn't acceptable to me), but I also had a big scholarship on the line that I needed to keep a 3.25 GPA for, and C's and B's weren't going to cut it.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

The worst grade I ever received on an exam was during my second(?) term in college. My teacher gave me a complete 0 all because I didn’t transfer my answers onto the scantron from on the test itself. I am still bitter about that to this day because, if she noticed I didn’t put the answers in the correct area, why did she not hand the test back to me telling me to put them on the scantron to avoid an F? 
:dry:

The lowest I've ever gotten was 29% on a math exam in Grade 11. It's not that I'm bad at math, but I just have a lot of trouble remembering the concepts and solutions. I also kept getting distracted, which probably didn't help.