Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate your 2023 out of 10?

Reecejackox

7/10, London holiday, Sabaton Concert and playing Genshin Impact. Only had one interview it a group interveiw, I was very nerves first but stil nerves after interview I flet abit better but didn't get the job. Still no job and stop end of July cos I don't want to miss London Holiday cos if I got the job, I may not get a holiday and be problem. Also not loving my football (soccer), starting loving interset and love for it. Not enjoying life but feeling postive not just I might get the job in future but things I like.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe an 8?

Negatives: The year actually started off quite badly, with an incredibly toxic person from my past making a brief reappearance in the early January and then being involved in a 4-car collision on a motorway (highway for Americans) in February, which resulted in a minor injury and my car being written off (totalled? for Americans?), and the replacement car I bought having a major defect which led to me selling it for a heavy loss. Then the week after that I got a throat infection that made me miss one of my exams for my degree, so I had to resit it - and a few weeks later, I found out that my now-ex-girlfriend had planned to get with her now-boyfriend a few weeks before we broke up the previous year (the break-up was mutual so there are no hard feelings regarding this (small chance that she may read this, so if that happens: I'm serious, we're all good!) but it was still a little disheartening to hear at the time), and my grandma's dementia seems to be worsening.

Positives: Completed my masters degree, got a much better job in the field I actually want to work in (and enjoying it even more than I thought I would), got a much nicer car, entered a relationship with someone who I'm incredibly excited about, I've become stronger and leaner physically through taking my training more seriously than ever before, had some great times with some fantastic friends, I feel like I've gotten closer to God with my faith this year, my family and I are all in fantastic health.

I guess this year has proven for me that even if you go through brief periods of being disappointed in things, or wishing that things would turn out differently, to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and to put your trust in God to work things out for you. This year has, in all honesty, probably been the best of my life so far, despite some initial setbacks at the beginning. I'm incredibly thankful to be where I am now and hope that my good fortune will continue into 2024, which will hopefully be a fantastic year for everyone reading this too!

Edited by daviddaviddavid
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Definitely a solid 8.

Made a lot of new friends, really put myself out there in the Fandom, and overall just had a decently enjoyable year.

Here's to hoping 2024 is even better. With my convention schedule it's looking pretty likely. 

• Brohoof 2

The first half was absolutely terrible, and it's been hard to pick myself up after it. The second half was not much better, but there were some nice moments, so I wouldn't go lower than 3/10.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

9/10! I've joined this community! Is there anything else to say? My childhood wasn't easy to be honest with you but, during those few months, I made some of the best memories of my life! Like when I did a never seen before clutch during the World Cup! This event was very important to me because I was able to gain some confidence with it! I mean, I convinced two teams to make an alliance to defeat the Tartarus! It was amazing! :lookup:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 3

After giving it an extra month, I think I would rate my 2023 a solid 7/10.

I can summarise it by saying that this year had very great highs and very rough lows. There was a lot of trial and error, but I think that has ultimately helped me out a lot in the long run.

• Brohoof 1

I would say 5.6 out of 10.  Eye problems, a few bad things, but nothing really special happened.  2022 may have been better.  The few good things that happened were the Star Wars gaming subscription, listening to ERA music and the Dual Strikes which put on hold some movies and my favorite TV shows until 2024.  

• Brohoof 1

I dare say it is solid 8/10. 

I had some challenges I needed to face on that year. It was stressful, bankrupcy of family business and worse financial situation it has led to. Some other personal struggles thrown into the mix also affect score of that year negatively. 

But yet it is 8. Why?

Because at the same time I've spent much of that year with @Planeswalker Silky, who made any challenge to face that much easier by being the lovely partner she is. Because I managed to overcome my own anxieties coming from what was stated above. Because despite so many reasons for me to dislike that year, ultimately I love it and that includes even what difficulties it exposed me to. I emerged from it stronger, more confident and far more ready for anything, future may have prepared for me. 

This year will go to history as one of highlights of my life. And now that I've said that... time to go full into 2024 <3 

• Brohoof 3

6/10 :Angry-zip:

I got denied my VK I put in for twice at work given the "full timers" got their first given I put it in before most of them. 

There was a lot of death in my friend's lives this year from pets to family lost.

My rent is going up given some dodo head has been stealing things around my building.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I'm going to go with 80% (I prefer using percentages as opposed to 'out of ten').

On the one hand, I was able to achieve another cosplaying dream... Two to be more accurate, so I'm happy about that. On the other hand, it wasn't a good year for my family, but I'd rather not delve into that on account of it being a private matter.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

"Rate your 2023 out of 10?"

Real life: 5  Due to things that were out of my control. 

MLP Forums: 3  Due to things related to my friendships.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

IRL: 7/10. Still the same flaws and advantages as usual. Also lots of gardening :3 Need to work harder at, um, work, and also relationships though.

Pony: 9/10. This year and the last were great pony years. I discovered G3 and reconnected with CCG. I also had some great Discord moments with ponies (pies, stories, game reviews :D ) and in the latter part of the year I was all cards.

• Brohoof 1