Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate your 2023 out of 10?

Reecejackox

6/10

A 7/10 would be “average” to me, but it’s been a buzzkill of a year like the last, but it wasn’t close to awful or even bad. I don’t think there’s anything that could make it better at this point though (my life isn’t a movie with an exciting last minute save lol).

Hope all y’all have a better year now and in the future though!

Edited by DubWolf
  • Brohoof 3

Part of me wants to say 0/10 but I feel that's a bit dramatic considering nothing particularly bad happened to me this year... well, nothing really happened at all to be honest, but it could be worse. <.<

I'll go with a 5/10 I guess. Just average.

• Hugs 1

5/10 it has been… quiet a roller coaster fuck. But the other half, well I learned from it and moving onwards from that experience. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

0/10 - my grandma died. Even if I got a million euros in these remaining two months, it would not change the score whatsoever.

Also, the main guy of the Wolsztyn Experience died. While I did not meet him that many times, I was one of his clients and with him gone, the business is gone too. 

So yeah, so far, this year has been the absolute worst year of my life. 

• Hugs 3

6/10. Mostly fine but unremarkable year, barring a couple of.....really, really, really bad moments I'd rather not talk about

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

2023 is honestly an improvement over the garbage fires that were 2020 and 2021, but that's fairly faint praise. This has been another nothing year for me really; nothing of particular significance  happened. It is becoming clearer to me that I need to find out what career I wish to pursue, but no concrete steps have been taken on my end yet.

I will stick with a 5/10 for now, unless some miracle or tragedy happens come December.

• Brohoof 3

4/10 for me I guess. This year has had some wonderful moments and some terrible ones. I had a baby in August, which was a major miracle, and then my near-and-dear Grandpa passed away 8 days after that, which was not pleasant. I got a new housemate, who I’ve adopted into our family and she’s been a huge gift, and we moved into a bigger apartment, which isn’t fun because I hate moving. I had a vacation for the first time in four and a half years and it was fun but also hard to manage. I missed some opportunities but I’m hoping some new ones will appear soon. The Christmas season is upon us and that is largely what I base my whole year on, so that remains to be seen.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

4/10 for me I guess. This year has had some wonderful moments and some terrible ones. I had a baby in August, which was a major miracle, and then my near-and-dear Grandpa passed away 8 days after that, which was not pleasant. I got a new housemate, who I’ve adopted into our family and she’s been a huge gift, and we moved into a bigger apartment, which isn’t fun because I hate moving. I had a vacation for the first time in four and a half years and it was fun but also hard to manage. I missed some opportunities but I’m hoping some new ones will appear soon. The Christmas season is upon us and that is largely what I base my whole year on, so that remains to be seen.

I'm wishing a happier year for you next year, Kates. :rarity:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

• 3 weeks later...

I could go on and on about that bad and the good of this year, but I guess I'm just going to throw away most of the negative stuff that happened this year and choose to look more at the positive, because I don't want to keep memories of the negative stuff and would gladly throw it away if I can. I would say this year has been fairly good. But I will wait until the end of the year to say that for certain.

So yeah I guess 6/10?

• Brohoof 2

Nothing this year threatened my life or went wrong with my family. It had a lot of success to be sure. That's probably the only thing that really set it apart from the complete wreck that 2022 was. There was a lot that went wrong that I am still processing. I fixed some friendships, did many things that were arguably for the better - but there were a few specific bad moments that didn't need to happen. I would say a 6/10.

If anything this year taught me is that I should have stopped wasting my time with people who I know are going to cause problems for me far sooner before it went south. Not talking about anybody in particular, just an overall general lesson I have learned. 

• Brohoof 2

There are still a couple of weeks left. I will post again if things change, but going to sum things up to this point.

It's hard to give a rating. I'd say this year has definitely been a better one for me. In fact, some major breakthroughs happened within the year. This year has been life changing for me in a very positive way. That is, a very dark cloud was lifted from above my head, so to speak. I've talked about it before, it's a long story. In short, I got braver and went and got my eyes checked and no major issues were seen, and I was cleared to be able to drive.

With that, it's pretty much enough to say that this is the best year I've ever had since high school. But the reality is that this cloud has been gradually lifting over the past few years, and this was really just the total lifting. So, this year is a continuation of the last three which have been a great reawakening for me.

The majority of 2023 felt rather stagnant, though. It wasn't until September when the big changes began. Then in November I was able to take my first trip up Northeast. It was a blast for me. I fell in love quickly! It's so beautiful! Even the highways are prettier than they are down here. Lol. I've dreamed of going to and moving to the Northeast since at least my teens. The trip was mostly for scoping out areas as opposed to enjoyment, but there was lots of enjoyment to be had nevertheless.

And with that, my decision on which state to move to was finalized. And just in this last week I have found out that my parents are aiming for a much quicker move than I had anticipated and will help me financially if I end up moving up sooner (my move is contingent on finding a job, and that could happen sooner than the Spring that they are aiming for). This is such major, exciting news for me! I thought that my parents would move up later rather than sooner, and I thought that financially I was going to be struggling a lot. I will still have a tight budget no matter, but I think things will be good when my parents come up, which should be in the Spring! :O

Now, because I've already overshared a lot here, I'm probably not going to mention specifically which part of the state I end up moving to. Lol.

Originally, this trip was planned for much earlier this year in the Spring, and the move was hopefully to happen before the year ended. Things didn't work out that way. However, I do want to note that the move is becoming more and more real, and I can now start giving better timeframes.

Now, all of that is super exciting! But the year had some drawbacks. The first being the stagnation for most of the year. The second being an unexpected summer storm that caused costly damage to the house (really not great timing when you're thinking of moving!), along with other issues that have come up with the house, like our dishwasher breaking, and now there's some strange power issue >.<) The third being my mom having a health issue she had to get surgery for, continued family drama, and after the trip has been quite chaotic with me getting COVID again, my dog getting sick (but recovering! a couple of weeks ago I was distraught), and then a family death.

So, as much as the good in the year was truly phenomenal and just major lifechanging, the year is a bit too complicated for me to go 10/10.

• Brohoof 2