Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Entropy Affect a World of Magic?

Acoustic Cloud

So the world of My Little Pony is a place of Order and Magic.  But one question is gnawing at the back of my mind.

Does Entropy affect a world that has magic?

In the show we see that Magic can require and not require energy from the host.  And not only the host, but the world has proven to be influenced by magic.

And I pose a second question, does Entropy affect the leadership line of descent?  Through time, mustn't Discord become the only possible leader in the end of that system?

From Order Unto Chaos?

Does Magic affect the possible mechanical energy able to be consumed?

• Brohoof 2

Since Entropy means the lack of order or predictability and a gradual decline into disorder, it can affect a world that is influenced by magic if order can not keep said world in balance. It reminds me of Discord's reign over Equestria, before Celestia and Luna defeated him and imprison him in stone. Order, if not used or balanced correctly, could crumble under its own weight so while the lack of order is also present, Entropy can affect anything related with order.

Perhaps, if magic has any effect on mechanical energy.

• Brohoof 1

Let's check the math (or maths if you prefer)

post-25990-0-40196900-1403523275.png

Indeed it does ... interesting. Perhaps all the recent magical battles will have far reaching effects on Equestria. So would the EoH represent the ever elusive enthalpy?

I wrote a spec fic novel some time ago that used Entropy as a theme ... and I am modifying it for a fan labor project I just started, so imagine my glee when I saw this thread.

• Brohoof 1