Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

drama Sombra´s Diary - Slipping into evil

~ Dr. Ocsid ~

(edited)

I thought it could be interesting, to write a story about Sombra´s rise to power (and fall to evil) from his own perspective. 

This FanFiction will play during 13 Days, starting on the day before his father died, ending on the day of his coronation. 

There is a risk in interpreting prophecies...

And since I´m from Germany, my grammar may be not that good or a bit complicated at times. I apologise for that.

Enjoy.

Day 1

Anno 6437 Victum Discordi, 6th of Platine

Here I am sitting beside my father’s bed.
He lies there, sleeping, but still not resting.
His fever is higher than ever and now and then he moves in pain from one side to the other.
Since weeks he was ill, but he always said it was nothing.
Although the court doctor plied to him to take a break and recover, he didn´t stop.
Until this morning. Until he blacked-out in the middle of a debate at the Chrystal Court.
He didn´t wake up for the whole day. Sometimes, he opened his eyes, but they were glassy and distant.
The doctor gave him some medicine, but it didn´t help for long. A few hours ago, we sent him away.
Now, my brother and I are sitting beside our father’s bed.
Once, we promised to him that we would help him in his greatest crisis.
We imagined this meant something glorious. Something like an enormous battle or a dangerous adventure. How foolish we were. How naïve.
My brother sits on the other side of the bed, trying to cheer him up in his sleep.
But I can see his tears washing up in his eyes. So are mine.
We will sit here for the night, we will not rest in this night, we will help our father with all the love we have for him.
I hope it is enough.
I hope it is enough to get him through this most horrible night of his life.
I hope it will not be his last night.

Sombra,
Son of Onha the Just

Day 2

Anno 6437 Victum Discordi, 7th of Platine

The king is dead.
This call went this morning through the streets of the Chrystal Empire like a frosty wind on a warm summer day.
The ponies of this city were well aware of his struggle in the past days. But nevertheless they were shocked by that news.
The lost a fair and just king. They lost a king they loved and who loved them. They lost a king who cared for them and gave everything for them. They lost a king they knew for decades as the one who watched over them in times of danger. They lost their king.
I lost my father.
Halos, my brother, is the only one left of my family.
He says we should go on a stroll through the city, just like we do every week since we were fillies.
He tries to bring normality back, tries to keep my spirit up.
When I say that only we are left from our family, the dynasty of Jokdal the Purifier, he says that the whole Chrystal Empire is our family.
He is right. Our father was a father to the Chrystal Ponies; he loved the city as much as his own sons.
But can I become a father to my people, too?
As the older brother, I will be coronated soon, according to the lore.
Can I be a king as fair and just as our father?
He brought us up to love the Chrystal Empire, to defend it with all we have, to give it all we have.
He brought us up with the knowledge of a good ruler, and he taught us to rule as well as him.
But did these lessons succeed? Am I really ready to take my father’s place and become King of the Chrystal Empire?
Tomorrow, my father, the Great King, will be buried.
From all over Equestria, ponies will come to his burial.
The Royal Sisters will hold a speech about this greatest stallion of his time.
I will ask the Princesses tomorrow.
Maybe they have an advice to clear my mind.
Am I really ready?

Sombra,
Son of Onha the Just

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord
  • Brohoof 1